Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142447 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#100050 Apr 17, 2013
therealCrazyman wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody gives a damn about what you think. Moronic Dumbass!
OOOOH, your christian hate is showing there boy.
People like you talk real big online but bi tch up when they see me up close.
I bet you are one of those christians that like little girls? Or maybe you like to blow black men with large dirks?
crazyman? Nope you are just a special kind of stupid.
By the way, who said that you get to speak for any one else? Wait, who gave you permission to speak?
Sissy azz bi atch
TruthIs

London, KY

#100051 Apr 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm bored already with you tonight. Sorry
Easy to see why!!
TruthIs

London, KY

#100052 Apr 17, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>

The quote you keep mentioning, about science without religion being lame, is probably his quote. From a letter to a friend, I think. But it is one quote among many that do not paint that picture. I think it is a terrible quote, personally. And I'm a huge fan of the man.
Science and religion are at odds. One searches for answers by fostering a spirit of curiosity and the other doles out the answers while discouraging curiosity.

AND also why...many scientific minds have also ultimately RETURNED to "faith" over the long haul.
TruthIs

London, KY

#100053 Apr 17, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The cult mentality.
In America, it called the Constitutional right to Freedom OF Religion.
TruthIs

London, KY

#100054 Apr 17, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm, I could see that. Maybe "Curious" has recently replaced a chemical crutch with a crucifix?
Which is by far probably better than the other in many aspects.

(Sucks ratturds for big pharma but OH WELL-it's often far healthier for people!)
TruthIs

London, KY

#100055 Apr 17, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>
P.S. your god can not harm me or Satan, we both have chariots of iron LOL
Do they leak oil?
TruthIs

London, KY

#100056 Apr 17, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I neither take, use nor abuse God's name ("in vain" or otherwise) on your street nor anyone else's. If I chose to do so, I may do so - thus, my right would be demonstrated as EQUAL to yours.
What parts of the first and fourteenth amendments give YOU special dispensation, privilege or authority over any other taxpayer, whether they are rich, poor, black, white, male, female, gay, straight, Democrat, Republican, Christian, Pagan, Heathen or Other?
---------NOTHING--------
It WOULD be rather an antithesis for an "atheist" to do so, wouldn't it.

May a tree bless you, "tree-dammit" (the second one being a rather CRUDE supplement for a rather CRUDE usage!)
TruthIs

London, KY

#100057 Apr 17, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>OOOOH, your christian hate is showing there boy.
People like you talk real big online but bi tch up when they see me up close.
I bet you are one of those christians that like little girls? Or maybe you like to blow black men with large dirks?
crazyman? Nope you are just a special kind of stupid.
By the way, who said that you get to speak for any one else? Wait, who gave you permission to speak?
Sissy azz bi atch
Why would anyone need permission to speak, unless in a public forum or similar situation, generally requiring such for the rationality of decent civility and non-chaotic, decent communication?

“pervinco per logica”

Since: Feb 12

Eradicate willful ignorance.

#100058 Apr 17, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
I strongly disagree, in that I think MANY great scientists have often been people of "faith" in something greater than just themselves, because when rationalized honestly, it is only logical.
Why would they even have ever bothered with science, if they were not?
You really could have stopped after this and not posted a full page. If you are going to speak of logic and reason, you need to actually know what they are. Nobody that understands logic would state that faith is logical. It is not. They are mutually exclusive. The application of faith requires committing multiple logical fallacies (false cause, personal incredulity, begging the question, black or white, etc.).

To answer your question:
To improve mankind's understanding of the universe and therefore improve lives.

Please do consider changing the name you post under until you actually learn what truth is.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#100059 Apr 17, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
Yes, you say you don't think it's justified. Then you go on to try to justify it by saying things about society, being too busy to ask God if it's OK, etc. That's what prompts the questions.

I could compare that sort of inconsistency with the people that say "Now, I ain't racist, but all them blacks don't do nothin but get a check first of the month and blow it on gold teeth and baggy pants". The "have it both ways" message, not the racism.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>Missourians slaughtering men, women, and children because they were Mormon.
I see the predjudice correlation"

Then you get it, I guess? Except for the part where I didn't ask a question about that. I asked a question and simply used that to point out how your group was a victim of the same thing. The question was, basically, how a group that was so persecuted could persecute so easily, and for so long.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
Who are you talking to?"

I dunno... maybe the person I quoted?
I didn't see the quote at the top.

No, I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm giving you my best guess based on the time period and location. It isn't my job to justify anyone's actions but mine, and my kids.

Location hidden

#100060 Apr 17, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
Yes, you say you don't think it's justified. Then you go on to try to justify it by saying things about society, being too busy to ask God if it's OK, etc. That's what prompts the questions.

I could compare that sort of inconsistency with the people that say "Now, I ain't racist, but all them blacks don't do nothin but get a check first of the month and blow it on gold teeth and baggy pants". The "have it both ways" message, not the racism.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>Missourians slaughtering men, women, and children because they were Mormon.
I see the predjudice correlation"

Then you get it, I guess? Except for the part where I didn't ask a question about that. I asked a question and simply used that to point out how your group was a victim of the same thing. The question was, basically, how a group that was so persecuted could persecute so easily, and for so long.

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
Who are you talking to?"

I dunno... maybe the person I quoted?
Actually looking back, you didn't quote anyone at all. But your tone was duly noted.

Location hidden

#100061 Apr 17, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>Fifty years from now there will probably be someone saying the same thing about homosexuals being allowed to hold the priesthood.
Homosexuals can hold the priesthood now
TruthIS

London, KY

#100063 Apr 17, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You really could have stopped after this and not posted a full page. If you are going to speak of logic and reason, you need to actually know what they are. Nobody that understands logic would state that faith is logical. It is not. They are mutually exclusive. The application of faith requires committing multiple logical fallacies (false cause, personal incredulity, begging the question, black or white, etc.).
To answer your question:
To improve mankind's understanding of the universe and therefore improve lives.
Please do consider changing the name you post under until you actually learn what truth is.
How about you study your own faults...and the MANY LOGS of ignorance that lay with in yourself.

I'll post to whatever length I chose to.

And I find YOUR MERE opinion-to be NOTHING-but yet more abhorrence.

Don't like MY opinion and perspective on things- DON'T READ it.

Some things are -just THAT simple.

Do you follow people around and judge their posts out the same spite and JUDGEMENTALness as what you are projecting in your post?

Are you "Yiago" posting under another name?

If not, I asked NO question of you, in which case, you should ot be asnwering for someone else.

If you are Yiago, and are answering the question on a favorite quote- why don't YOU start with learning some truth, and apply some logic, and post under the same name, if you're going to answer a question?
TruthIS

London, KY

#100064 Apr 17, 2013
_Ummm_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody that understands logic would state that faith is logical. It is not.
And just so you HAVE to look at your OWN flawed irrationality and ILLogic-

LOGIC: A person would have logical FAITH in something that is proven to be WORTHY of it...such as surgical abilities.

ILLOGICAL: To blindly follow some lame lemming herd pack of HATRED, that knows NOTHING of what they speak of...with NO ability other than to insylt others WITH ability.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#100065 Apr 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so what?
What's your point?
That
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>Worthiness is a matter between man and God. We do not compare to each other. That's God's job to judge.
is a bogus statement. You cannot help but "compare to each other" and you cannot help but to judge.
Beyond that, to be consistent with the tenets of most theology it is beyond man's place to assign the parameters and responsibilities of "God" or any other deity - even if you read it in a Book.
TruthIS

London, KY

#100066 Apr 17, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith does not required evidence or proof. You have no evidence, just your own personal cult beliefs. Have you read "Kingdom of the Cults", add yourself to the list.
Con artists and those who hold themselves to be anything that they are NOT, are not worthy of "faith", while the well intentioned and proven worthy are.

Location hidden

#100067 Apr 17, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>That

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>Worthiness is a matter between man and God. We do not compare to each other. That's God's job to judge."

is a bogus statement. You cannot help but "compare to each other" and you cannot help but to judge.
Beyond that, to be consistent with the tenets of most theology it is beyond man's place to assign the parameters and responsibilities of "God" or any other deity - even if you read it in a Book.
Well then maybe I'm an oddball. I don't take the effort to judge because I don't care enough about that. It doesn't matter. I have my own issues and faults to deal with without trying to rank myself against anyone.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100068 Apr 17, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
In America, it called the Constitutional right to Freedom OF Religion.
No one can have freedom OF religion with out being free FROM other peoples religion.
The christian cult violates peoples right to freedom of their religion by denying them freedom from the christian cult
You do not see the Amish bashing any one and trying to shove their beliefs down others throats now do you?
What about the Hindu religion? Heard about them bashing people and shoving Hinduism down some ones throat?
Lets teach Hindu in schools

“There is no god”

War, WV

#100069 Apr 17, 2013
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Con artists and those who hold themselves to be anything that they are NOT, are not worthy of "faith", while the well intentioned and proven worthy are.
Fu ck your faith
lolwut

Manchester, KY

#100070 Apr 17, 2013
Let them teach any thing they want in the schools. Just dont try to force it on the kids that dont wish to participate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I be;ieve I'm Dying. 14 min Nimbletwig 37
My Advice to young folks. 22 min Nimbletwig 1
What is Charisma ? 30 min Nimbletwig 4
Scotty Powell dealing drugs at catron square 3 hr Jake 27
Paul Tate 3 hr ASHLEY 15
Stephen Trace Signs 3 hr yessire 26
burger kings preacher 3 hr hateful people 2
What happened in town last night? Sat Con 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance