Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
95,061 - 95,080 of 129,039 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
TruthIs

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. False precepts, false accusing and contempt prior to investigation. The word "versus" skipped your notice.
So your stating, "It's the Ignorant ones, that try to lump and label everyone into one little ignorant square box, and call them all the same, that I have issue with" was just a transparent attempt to deceptively SOUND thoughtful, reasonable, rational and tolerant.
Wrong, I saw all that AND the word as well.

And then I read some of the Word.

I don't believe in deception either.

I really do have a low tolerance for abject ignorance, it just begets more ignorance.
TruthIs

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You envision hollywood and the churches version of Satanism.
Several pages back I posted our beliefs.
Again, the christian cults scare tactics are no more real than their god. There is no devil
I do find it funny how the "devil" and the devil worshipers are exactly like the god of the old testament and the people who sacrificed animals to the god of the old testament
I didn't envision any such thing, I said that stuff doesn't interest me, also meaning I wouldn't waste anytime watching anything much about it, especially when there's far more interesting things to give attention to.

If that was the case, why would I even respond to your posts, I saw your stated beliefs, and per those, I find no reason to disrespect.
TruthIs

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>People who desrve to be treated well and respected do.
When some one shows that they do not treat others with the same regard as they expect to be treated they get no respect
People can be quite complicated. I'd much rather treat them nicer, than not, when ever possible anyway.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, I saw all that AND the word as well.
And then I read some of the Word.
I don't believe in deception either.
I really do have a low tolerance for abject ignorance, it just begets more ignorance.
Kettle calling the pot black? In order to have faith you are forcing yourself to be ignorant and deceiving yourself
I notice that you have separate rules for others than you do for yourself
And you place yourself above all others, when in fact you are lower than every one else
TruthIs

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>In other words it is what YOU want and what YOU believe.
You just lost what little credibility you had.
But thank you for PROVING what I said about the christian cult elevating themselves above others.
I'm not a Christian in any "cult". Don't you find that rather assumptive of yourself?

I have no idea what you are talking about as far as what "I want and believe". Actually, that kind og statement is rather ILLogical in my world, because in a truly sane, rational grown up world, any one with any small iota of sense should realize, there's no such thing as always having what we as individuals want, let alone even expecting that the rest of the world should see things exactly the way we as individuals of person would. That is totally whack actually in my opinion.

So could you explain exactly what are you talking about, so I can find some sort of rationality to apply any credibility to? Because you juat just lost some of yours, lumping and labelduhming stuff down a few levels.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Well the bible claims the unbeliever is a fool and does not good, but just how true is this claim?
Psalm 14
English Standard Version (ESV)
The Fool Says, There Is No God
To the choirmaster. Of David.
14 The fool says in his heart,“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, they do abominable deeds,
there is none who does good.
"None" is an absolute amount, so if a single atheist has ever done a good thing, the bible is proven false.
If this is proven false, then what other claims might the bible be wrong about?
let us look at psalm 14 in it's entirety,not just the first verse. Read the 2nd verse,which you conveniently left out along with the subsequent verses,which give a full explanation,
The verses state that they do not seek God,as is the case with Atheists..All have turned away.
The fact that a person made have done one good thing,does not mean that he does or is good.
If that were the case,then we could consider Hitler as being a good man,Charles Manson as being a good man,Bin laden as being a good man,as I am sure that,at some point ,they must have done at least,one good thing..
The list of evil doers,that more than likely,did one good thing in their life,can go on and on.That does not make them good.
Therefore,the validity and truth of the Bible is maintained

Psalm 14

For the director of music. Of David.

1 The fool[a] says in his heart,
“There is no God.”
They are corrupt, their deeds are vile;
there is no one who does good.

2 The Lord looks down from heaven
on all mankind
to see if there are any who understand,
any who seek God.
3 All have turned away, all have become corrupt;
there is no one who does good,
not even one.

4 Do all these evildoers know nothing?

They devour my people as though eating bread;
they never call on the Lord.
5 But there they are, overwhelmed with dread,
for God is present in the company of the righteous.
6 You evildoers frustrate the plans of the poor,
but the Lord is their refuge.

7 Oh, that salvation for Israel would come out of Zion!
When the Lord restores his people,
let Jacob rejoice and Israel be glad!
TruthIs

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Kettle calling the pot black? In order to have faith you are forcing yourself to be ignorant and deceiving yourself
I notice that you have separate rules for others than you do for yourself
And you place yourself above all others, when in fact you are lower than every one else
How can you use the term "cult" against anyone else?

I have rules for MYSELF. I do NOT demand everyone else follow my rules for myself.

Would you like to compare current elevation levels? Then perhaps your statement might make some sort of logical sense-otherwise, it's just more kindergarten level sandbox BS of no merit slinging.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I think some of the New Testament was written by the apostles. I think some was abridged to include the oral stories too. No I don't think any stenographers were there for sure.
The reproductive organs wouldn't have to be the only clue. We know that Dinosaurs laid eggs and saber tooth tigers had live births.
I would just think if at some point crocodiles began having live babies over the course of whatever period of time, there would be some evidence of that major change. Especially if people are going to base their beliefs and theories around such a claim.
The fact that mammals and reptiles wrap their embryos within these defenses makes them known as amniotes, which first evolved about 310 million years ago. The fossil record of amniotic eggs and embryos is paltry, leaving scientists little knowledge about when, how and why they evolved.

Scientists have typically assumed that egg-laying emerged before live birth in amniotes, since earlier creatures such as amphibians and fish are typically egg-layers. However, the earliest direct evidence of reproduction in amniotes to date is dominated by specimens that gave birth to live young
http://www.livescience.com/22437-earliest-mam...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you use the term "cult" against anyone else?
I have rules for MYSELF. I do NOT demand everyone else follow my rules for myself.
Would you like to compare current elevation levels? Then perhaps your statement might make some sort of logical sense-otherwise, it's just more kindergarten level sandbox BS of no merit slinging.
You post non sense with out ever showing proof and than ignore when some one post facts.
You are a troll with no credibility that uses different names to post the same crap
TruthIs

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>
And this just proves, one really has NO idea or clue about who or what they may be speaking with on the internet.
Because that statement is SO far from any truth in reality, if you have some actual sense, you'd be embarrassed for yourself for even typing it.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
let us look at psalm 14 in it's entirety,not just the first verse. Read the 2nd verse,which you conveniently left out along with the subsequent verses,which give a full explanation,
The verses state that they do not seek God,as is the case with Atheists..All have turned away.
The fact that a person made have done one good thing,does not mean that he does or is good.
If that were the case,then we could consider Hitler as being a good man,Charles Manson as being a good man,Bin laden as being a good man,as I am sure that,at some point ,they must have done at least,one good thing..
The list of evil doers,that more than likely,did one good thing in their life,can go on and on.That does not make them good.
Psalm 14
“There is no God.”
on all mankind
any who seek God.
not even one.
The bible does not say they are bad people, it says they have done no good. How can you twist this to mean what you claim?
If you care to show us how the word "does" is null and void, please do so?
Are you telling us the verse only applies to certain non believers of the day? If so, then the Christians really need to stop using the scripture to prove we today are wrong or bad.
TruthIs

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that mammals and reptiles wrap their embryos within these defenses makes them known as amniotes, which first evolved about 310 million years ago. The fossil record of amniotic eggs and embryos is paltry, leaving scientists little knowledge about when, how and why they evolved.
Scientists have typically assumed that egg-laying emerged before live birth in amniotes, since earlier creatures such as amphibians and fish are typically egg-layers. However, the earliest direct evidence of reproduction in amniotes to date is dominated by specimens that gave birth to live young
http://www.livescience.com/22437-earliest-mam...
lol...another question that continues to give question!!
TruthIs

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You post non sense with out ever showing proof and than ignore when some one post facts.
You are a troll with no credibility that uses different names to post the same crap
Proof of what? My own opinion? Really? Do you need a video recording?

And I believe I just appreciated a scientific link of interest as posted by poster Duquette.
TruthIs

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You post non sense with out ever showing proof and than ignore when some one post facts.
and if yea on the vid-don't hold your breathe!

Some us have absolutely no interest in that either-and just do NOT evennnnnnnnn go there!!!

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Psalm 14
“There is no God.”
on all mankind
any who seek God.
not even one.
What I see in these verses is an excuse to kill the non believers, as the Christians often did back in the day. Thank goodness we do not follow the ways of theocracy as they did in biblical times.
The whole story of taking the supposed promised land is one of the likes of Hitler, Saddam, and Bin Laden. This passage only brings such ideas to the new testament.
It is a concept that breeds hate simply due to religious beliefs.
This passage is against the spirit of religious freedom. Religious freedom is one of America's founding principles.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You are incorrect. Just because you haven't seen it does not mean it cannot happen. I went into great detail on here one time about a friend of mine whose son almost completely cut his ear off. Due to prayer and the power of the priesthood his ear was restored like new.
That's just one experience I have witnessed or have been a part of.
I call BS on this. I didn't see that post.

Are you saying that someone prayed over an ear and you WATCHED it miraculously heal? Because if that is not what you are saying then what makes you think prayer did ANYthing at all?

Studies show prayer does nothing. Multiple studies of high quality. So your bar for proving otherwise is much higher. What is your evidence?

To counter it, I could list the number of people who are dying of cancer and compare that to the number of people who claim to pray for people. The numbers won't look very good for prayer.

We all believe what we are compelled to believe. And we are free to do so. But when you make a claim about reality you are making a a claim about my world too. And I am not so easily fooled by confirmation bias and old wives tales.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...another question that continues to give question!!
And that is how the world works. Why would you expect all the questions of the universe to ever be answered?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The bible does not say they are bad people, it says they have done no good. How can you twist this to mean what you claim?
If you care to show us how the word "does" is null and void, please do so?
Are you telling us the verse only applies to certain non believers of the day? If so, then the Christians really need to stop using the scripture to prove we today are wrong or bad.
I am not telling you anything.The information provived in the verses contains the answers to your question,which you,because of your unbelief,are unable to grasp.

What do you understand verse 2 to mean and what do you understand verses 3 and 4 to mean...

“There is no God.”

on all mankind
any who seek God.
not even one.

4 Do all these evildoers know nothing

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Or the injury was just a scratch that bled a lot and the bleeding stopped after a while and the blood was wiped off?
No both parents saw the severity beforehand.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So then why would the Jesus not write it down himself?
You say "everything" as if this is not a large issue. The words in red in the bible would only cover a half a page in a normal newpaper today. Are you telling me no one could write more than this?
Millions have suffered due to Christian homosexual discrimination. Convienient?
I don't know why He chose not to write anything Himself. I gave you my opinion. His choice must have been intentional because the only time He ever wrote was in the sand.
I wish things were more clear as well, which is why a church that claims to be a restoration of the gospel, and has a living prophet that can lead us in this day is so refreshing.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

69 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Please Ladies answer this question for me 3 min Justgottaknow863 6
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 147,177
1 Blessing From God 1 hr Stephen Levi 21
Our guys.... not the best guy 1 hr sealthetruth 11
Is James Brown single? (Apr '13) 3 hr snooger 11
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 3 hr Bret 5
john sowders 4 hr stephanie 7
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 6 hr Huh 18
New club in Barbourville? 17 hr my real name 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs