Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,751)

Showing posts 95,001 - 95,020 of123,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You can brow beat a Christian all day long with the Problem of Evil but it won't stick. They usually go with Free Will as their escape plan. Then you point out that a baby dying of a horrible disease does not involve Free Will. So they go for the "God's plan is too big for us to see."
If they go for that, ask them if they can't fathom God's moral thinking then how on earth do they claim ANY knowledge about anything God says at all? If God can watch a baby raped and murdered and somehow it's all part of his plan...then can't God also be telling massive lies in the Bible as part of that same plan?
And if that's the case, how do they know which parts of the Bible are the lies and which the truths, if any?
Ah....logic is not the domain of faith.
I am stealing this to post on Alva Satanic churches FB page. I will give you credit

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

ever consider wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a believer in God. WHY? answer , "Because I am smart enough to know that I am not wise enough to figure out the universe". Beautiful ,isn't it ?So I do not even think about how everything was made. Remember Einstein ,he became so involved in scientific research ,he forgot how to tie his shoes. We need science to study ways to improve our health,do research to invent new more modern inventions and etc. But man can not figure out the mystery of how or why we are all here. So friend ,I hope you find peace and enjoy this life ,not worrying over trivial things which matter less. PS - In my family we have doctors,nurses,psychologist,an d a radiologist. So yes we know something about science.
No, you are a believer in god because you are not smart enough to look for answers so you fall back on superstition and myth

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Depends on which of the Gospels you read. The first one, Mark, doesn't refer to Jesus as God. I think as you read the other Gospels they speak more and more of Jesus being divine. The myth grows in the telling.
Until jesus becomes a white American republican that loves every one except the poor and believes war is good because America blah blah blah

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

@ ever consider
Morehead, KY
Have you ever considered that you worship a god that Arabs invented to justify their murder, rape, theft and promote themselves?
Have you ever considered that your god and your jesus are towel head Arabs not white Americans?
ever consider

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No, you are a believer in god because you are not smart enough to look for answers so you fall back on superstition and myth
I feel so sorry for all you "haters ". I pray that whether you believe in God or not that you stop hating. Just relax ,who cares. I do not waste my time hating those who believe in evolution,you have that right. No one cares .I am going to watch a movie ,and enjoy a snack.Goodnight .No actually goodbye,I like Topix but this subject has been discussed over ,over and over.:)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Fair is fair. I'll read the article and give you my honest opinion. Will you be willing to read an article I pick and give me your honest opinion? Or even something a little more simple since I know how you feel about sites labeled as Apostate. How about just answering a question or two without the using copy/paste?
It is against the christian belief to be honest and tell the truth
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is the part that can't be explained logically? I must have missed it.
My good man
I t is there,very plain to see.Go back and read SLOWLY,what I posted. If you still can not understand it,that is not my fault.
That you may understand it,and are unable to adequately respond is another matter altogether
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
Here's a link to the article.
http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w...
I'm glad you know how to axcess the jw website. If you ever want help you know where to turn.
Well at least I tried.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

ever consider wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a believer in God. WHY? answer , "Because I am smart enough to know that I am not wise enough to figure out the universe". Beautiful ,isn't it ?So I do not even think about how everything was made. Remember Einstein ,he became so involved in scientific research ,he forgot how to tie his shoes. We need science to study ways to improve our health,do research to invent new more modern inventions and etc. But man can not figure out the mystery of how or why we are all here. So friend ,I hope you find peace and enjoy this life ,not worrying over trivial things which matter less. PS - In my family we have doctors,nurses,psychologist,an d a radiologist. So yes we know something about science.
I think that is a terrible way to view the world. You don't know everything......therefore God? That's a logical fallacy right off the bat. Argument from Ignorance, I think.

Also, it sounds like you are saying that science is only useful insofar as it does not dive into questions you feel are answered only by God. But science does not actually have such a boundary.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

ever consider wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out that your family also had a Goofy Guy in it...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that is a terrible way to view the world. You don't know everything......therefore God? That's a logical fallacy right off the bat. Argument from Ignorance, I think.
Also, it sounds like you are saying that science is only useful insofar as it does not dive into questions you feel are answered only by God. But science does not actually have such a boundary.
A good movie to watch....
http://youtu.be/xAWf3F8_zQk

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

ever consider wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel so sorry for all you "haters ". I pray that whether you believe in God or not that you stop hating. Just relax ,who cares. I do not waste my time hating those who believe in evolution,you have that right. No one cares .I am going to watch a movie ,and enjoy a snack.Goodnight .No actually goodbye,I like Topix but this subject has been discussed over ,over and over.:)
You have a different name, but your posting style is just like CURIOUS (I think). You tend to incorrectly space your words or leave spaces out. Maybe you are a totally different person, I don't know.

Anyway, I don't hate. But I do love a good debate. When a person puts his beliefs out in public and makes a claim about reality then the game is on. Defend your beliefs with reason or don't put them on the line.

Also, as I said in another post, I actually care what people believe because they vote. I don't want to live in a country dominated by stupidity. Right now in our Federal Government there are dozens of old farts who are either extremely stupid or completely lacking a moral backbone. They claim to reject evolution, blame rape victims for being raped, and reject critical thinking as a tool of Satan.

I don't want those people voted into any office, not even dogcatcher.

So I care about what people believe.

Michele f*cking Bachmann has a job in government because some yokels refuse to get an education. That should terrify you.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a different name, but your posting style is just like CURIOUS (I think). You tend to incorrectly space your words or leave spaces out. Maybe you are a totally different person, I don't know.
Anyway, I don't hate. But I do love a good debate. When a person puts his beliefs out in public and makes a claim about reality then the game is on. Defend your beliefs with reason or don't put them on the line.
Also, as I said in another post, I actually care what people believe because they vote. I don't want to live in a country dominated by stupidity. Right now in our Federal Government there are dozens of old farts who are either extremely stupid or completely lacking a moral backbone. They claim to reject evolution, blame rape victims for being raped, and reject critical thinking as a tool of Satan.
I don't want those people voted into any office, not even dogcatcher.
So I care about what people believe.
Michele f*cking Bachmann has a job in government because some yokels refuse to get an education. That should terrify you.
No, I think "CURIOUS" has some balls for a religie, "consider" said bye back at post 99402 just wants attention, kinda like a bad cold just when you think its gone it keeps coming back....

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

In john 1 it states,

In the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god.......

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us

God in a jesus suit.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
Summon your god against me, let him do his worst, try his best against me. For I am strong and stand on my own two feet.(Plus I have a chariot of iron)
You sound like Lt. Dan

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

CURIOUS wrote:
This event did not lead to my having full faith and trust in God and Jesus Christ,but it did provide me with a semblance of faith,,,,Subsequent events that were also resolved as a result of praying to Go in the name of Jesus have resulted in receiving a positive response to my prayers,building my faith gradually,step by step.
So yes,My God is alive and responds to prayer,not because one is good,wealthy,famous or powerful,
But because one DILIGENTLY seeks him,as he has instructed..
Did you miss a post? What happened after the skeptical phone call?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I was asking about god not jesus.
If jesus is god than why does the bible claim he cried out "my god my god why have you forsaken me?"
Again, Jesus is not God the Father.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Depends on which of the Gospels you read. The first one, Mark, doesn't refer to Jesus as God. I think as you read the other Gospels they speak more and more of Jesus being divine. The myth grows in the telling.
Jesus is subject to the Father. Jesus was divine because He had the power to perform miracles, the power to lay down His life and take it up again. But He was still subject to His Father.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
In john 1 it states,

In the beginning was the word, and the word was with god, and the word was god.......

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us

God in a jesus suit.
No. Incorrect.
Jesus was with God in the beginning. Jesus actually did all the hands on work in the creation under the direction of the Father, but they are not the same being. Jesus was a spirit, having no flesh and bone. He gained a body when He came to earth and still told us He was the Son of God, not God the Father.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
By the same token,observations have been made that prayer has cured illnesses.
But let us talk about your observations and to how they would apply to my situation.
Let us satrt out with the Facts,as only I know them
I prayed to have a SPECIFIC problem resolved,Said problem was resolved amd I know that to be a fact...
If My brain chemistry,physiology and activity are tested,what do the results prove or indicate.
Would it indicate that I had an illusion,that what I know happened ,did not really occur. In that case ,I'd probably tell whoever was conducting this observation,what he could do with his report.
Now,since he would not be able to refute the fact that my prayer was amswered,What else could he do? how would he explain it?
That some activity in my brain,of which I am unaware,was able to create the circumstances which resulted in the answer to my prayer?
Since you brought up the subject of this observation process,then I will leave it up yo you,to explain to me how that relates to my situation?
MIND MY FIRST COMMANDMENT; Never post irrational solutions to issues WITH which you are totally unfamil;iar aND are BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION
prayer cured an illness? prove just one time that it did. the only illness that prayer cures is the same illnesses that will naturally go in to remission or the immune system fight off. prayer wont cure any real illness that medical science has no cure for, for example, an amputee. not one time in history has any god ever been nice enuf to replace a single finger tip that has been cut off much less attempt to replace an arm or a leg so i guess gods miracles only consist of the knowledge of man in the medical field. u talkin about a slap in the face to a doctor...rush in to the hospital, perform a life saving surgery, walk out to talk to the family, tell them what happened and then just as u get done tellin them they turn and thank a god that had absolutely nothing to do with it at all and just disrespect the man/woman that just saved the life of their loved one by sayin they didnt do anything becuz it was a miracle from god. i would love to see a religious group rush in to a hospital to get a preacher life saving surgery and the doctor say, why dont u just pray and see if god gives u one of those miracles that i know i can can u...lol then we will put the whole god answers prayers and performs miracles to rest.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 95,001 - 95,020 of123,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

90 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Morgan Grant is in the slammer for 2 months 27 min lol 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Limbertwig 138,845
Guss need a hug 1 hr Curious 20
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr lo lo 81,232
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr TOASTup 3,442
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 2 hr TOASTup 3,689
Have a Wonderful Easter! 2 hr gator catcher 3
Corey vs. Collins 2 hr Truth 67
Citys easter Egg hunt what a Joke !!!!!! 5 hr Funny 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs