Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,921 - 94,940 of 129,027 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Not a reply to you the OP... This is to all the others reading..... Folks here is a Prime example why our country is on such a downward spiral as this is a product of our educational system and shows that if we do not find away to educate our children we are doomed as a nation....
Yep, belief causes brain damage.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

"By some definitions atheism is very stupid."

By any definition religion is extremely stupid.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Yep, brain damaged, judged true by religie rules.
ever consider

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Not a reply to you the OP... This is to all the others reading..... Folks here is a Prime example why our country is on such a downward spiral as this is a product of our educational system and shows that if we do not find away to educate our children we are doomed as a nation....
Okay ,let's say we teach this to our children (well not mine yours): All this Universe was a freak accident of nature. One tiny fragment of a very magnificent unknown substance exploded forming billions of planets and earth" .We call this force Energy . Yes folks it was so tiny,it was almost invisible.Can you imagine how this small particle could burst,dividing into even smaller pieces as it exploded,but formed billions of planets . hummmm,"Let's see it broke into,got even smaller ,but formed all those billions of planets weighing multi-zillion, trillions more times than itself Right now that is a good subject to teach. I see your point nutty professor !

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, belief causes brain damage.
It's obvious isn't it.....

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Lmfao, theres a book called, "The complete idiots guide to the life of christ" O god, thats just tooo funny.
ever consider

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Lmao, flour? Failed science?? Nail one religie to a stick and BAM.....ignorance runs amuck.
You can not stretch your mind to believe this? LOL (it is meant to show how illogical Big Bang theory is) But YOU DO BELIEVE THIS : Okay ,let's say we teach this to our children (well not mine yours): All this Universe was a freak accident of nature. One tiny fragment of a very magnificent unknown substance exploded forming billions of planets and earth" .We call this force Energy . Yes folks it was so tiny,it was almost invisible.Can you imagine how this small particle could burst,dividing into even smaller pieces as it exploded,but formed billions of planets . Hummmm,"Let's see it broke into,got even smaller ,but formed all those billions of planets weighing multi-zillion, trillions more times than itself Right now that is a good subject to teach. in stitches LAUGH
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Dear "NEPHILIM"
At the Dr.s office today I was reading the Watchtower January 2013 and came across an article "I Have Finally Found True Freedom" The cover title was,"Should You Fear the End of the World?"
May I suggestyou go to www.jw.org click on publications then enter Watchtower January 2013. When the magazine appears scan the table of contents to the above article.
As I read the article it made me think of you. You owe it to yourself to read that. It won't hurt you and you will not be the worse for it.
I usually don't respond to a person who admits they are an apostate and refer to themselves sa "NEPHILIM" but when I read that article I automatically thought of you and decided it might be worth the effort to refer you to it.
ever consider

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious isn't it.....
Good education becomes you!( Laugh ) Can you say "YES", Right" anything but Yep! or Yup ? Get out of the log cabin and hills old dude!
Try visiting the closest town,stop at the public library and get a book on our English language .

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Ahhh, typical religie, it knows the mind and intentions of its deity and assumes it knows mine. I have the handy dandy Atheist handbook right here and it states, "No Atheist shall have to give one whit how or why our universe or life came to be". Obviously according to the handy dandy Atheist handbook an Atheist can call religies beliefs absurd and ridiculous without caring or knowing how we came to be humans.
ever consider

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
yep you guys should stick into tight groups and talk among yourselves, maybe move to a piece of land in Guyana and set up shop so you don't have to deal with all those facts and rational arguments.... Then you guys can sit around and say goofy crap all day until it's time to have those evening drinks.....
Remember, consider that library book on speaking proper English. Enough with your "YEP". "
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
Dear "NEPHILIM"
At the Dr.s office today I was reading the Watchtower January 2013 and came across an article "I Have Finally Found True Freedom" The cover title was,"Should You Fear the End of the World?"
May I suggestyou go to www.jw.org click on publications then enter Watchtower January 2013. When the magazine appears scan the table of contents to the above article.
As I read the article it made me think of you. You owe it to yourself to read that. It won't hurt you and you will not be the worse for it.
I usually don't respond to a person who admits they are an apostate and refer to themselves sa "NEPHILIM" but when I read that article I automatically thought of you and decided it might be worth the effort to refer you to it.
Any articles on Oral or Anal sex between Jehovah's Witnesses?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Watchtower May 15 1970, p.315 Avoiding the Snare of Homosexuality

Helpful in this regard, then, is appreciating the fact that autoeroticism or masturbation is no mere innocent pastime but rather a practice that can lead to homosexual acts.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Watchtower 1973 Sep 15 pp.564-5 Breaking Free of Self-Abuse-Why? How?

A MOST COMMON PRACTICE
In this age of promiscuity one must agree with the doctors about the general "universality" of masturbation. Look at the statistics: "Every serious statistical study that we have shows clearly that ... at least ninety-five per cent of boys and young men between thirteen and twenty-five years of age pass through periods of habitual masturbation of varying lengths," says one authority on the subject. As for girls, this source says that "forty to fifty per cent are found to actually masturbate." ...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

ever consider wrote:
<quoted text>
You can not stretch your mind to believe this? LOL (it is meant to show how illogical Big Bang theory is) But YOU DO BELIEVE THIS : Okay ,let's say we teach this to our children (well not mine yours): All this Universe was a freak accident of nature. One tiny fragment of a very magnificent unknown substance exploded forming billions of planets and earth" .We call this force Energy . Yes folks it was so tiny,it was almost invisible.Can you imagine how this small particle could burst,dividing into even smaller pieces as it exploded,but formed billions of planets . Hummmm,"Let's see it broke into,got even smaller ,but formed all those billions of planets weighing multi-zillion, trillions more times than itself Right now that is a good subject to teach. in stitches LAUGH
The Funny part is that You have No Idea of the subject and then can't understand even the simple explanations of first principles... You say things like Unknown Substance , it was not a Substance and it's still all around you, in you and is what E-Mc2 speaks of and that is the "Unknown Substance" you get when a Nuke detonates...

Check this,,,, If we removed All Space in your body and could compress it so that all physical particles were touching you would be a Billion times smaller than the nucleus of a Helium atom...

Just because you haven't the knowledge base or education to understand only makes a sad statement at the status of our education system.... You actually don't even understand that planets, stars, Galaxies don't "Weigh" anything ... Weight is only relativistic to a frame of reference inertial mass... And is why a Astronaut only "Weigh" 1/6 of Earth when on the Moon...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

ever consider wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember, consider that library book on speaking proper English. Enough with your "YEP". "
Yup, I could give a Rats Ass about grammar NAZI's in topix forums...

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again,you see,God can not be proven to exist,neither by rationalizing or logically, something that YOU are unable to grasp,because you do not believe,Nor can he be proved to be nonexistent by rationalizing and logically.
That my friend Is,A delusional mindset and for that mindset no medication has been designed
Wrong again,you see,God can not be proven to exist,neither by rationalizing or logically, something that YOU are unable to grasp,because you do not believe,Nor can he be proved to be nonexistent by rationalizing and logically.
That my friend Is,A delusional mindset and for that mindset no medication has been designed
Carl Sagan was an agnostic and when asked why he was not an Atheist,responded
"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."
Carl Sagan was awesome.

He did not in any way believe in God. By the correct usage and definitions, he was actually an agnostic atheist. I don't think he personally cared that much for the logical end of those arguments. Or, in his capacity as a science proponent with the ears of world leaders, he realized that he needed a very neutral and soft approach to the God idea or else he would lose those ears.

Sagan rejected the idea of a personal God, just like Einstein and many other famous scientists and philosophers. If he was alive today it is realistic to think that he would be more comfortable with the atheist label, but that is just speculative of me.

Here is what atheism and agnosticism *actually* mean, with regard to God:

Agnosticism refers to claims about knowledge. If I claim that I don't know with certainty that God exists then I am agnostic. In my opinion, everyone on the planet is or should be agnostic with regard to KNOWING that God exists. Nobody actually knows, I don't care how hardcore religious you are.

You.
Do.
Not.
Know.

Atheism is rejection of the claim that a god or gods exist. This is not the same thing as agnosticism. Atheism is a position on a claim, agnosticism is about knowledge. I can say that I don't believe you are an alien from Mars but I cannot say that you are NOT an alien from Mars (with absolute certainty).

Do you see the difference?

A lot of people's eyes glaze over with this stuff but it is actually very important if we're having a realistic conversation. I don't think Carl Sagan spoke much about this directly because that was simply not his thing. But if you take a look at his Boloney Detection Kit (critical thinking) and you take it seriously then agnostic atheism is almost certainly what you'll end up with.

Most of us just say atheist. It's shorter and more to the point. A lot of people just say agnostic. It's also shorter and less problematic for believers for some reason. These are interchangeable ideas, casually, but they have distinct meanings and are not mutually exclusive. If you want to be clear, use both.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

ever consider wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay ,let's say we teach this to our children (well not mine yours): All this Universe was a freak accident of nature. One tiny fragment of a very magnificent unknown substance exploded forming billions of planets and earth" .We call this force Energy . Yes folks it was so tiny,it was almost invisible.Can you imagine how this small particle could burst,dividing into even smaller pieces as it exploded,but formed billions of planets . hummmm,"Let's see it broke into,got even smaller ,but formed all those billions of planets weighing multi-zillion, trillions more times than itself Right now that is a good subject to teach. I see your point nutty professor !
You seem to have both a failure of imagination and a MASSIVE ignorance of science. Don't strawman something you don't even understand.

Crack a book. Learn something.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, I could give a Rats Ass about grammar NAZI's in topix forums...
Yep, with all the crap the fundies are saying this is not a formal debate so the spelling/grammar nazi'z can go blow

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 12, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Would it matter if Jesus wrote it all down? Would translations to other languages be any better than what happened? Would the Council of Nicea get it right that way? Would man stop trying to interpret scripture to mean what is convenient for him at the time? I say Jesus did the right thing by not wasting His time writing everything in detail.
He taught in simple parables and people didn't get it. He proved His point that God's true gospel will seem out of place when compared to the secular world and old traditions that stemmed from greedy authorities.
So what he taught is now simple? That is quite a contradiction from your earlier claim.
I think you are correct about people not even understanding the parables. I do not see most Christians understanding the one about throwing the first stone. Most Christians I know cannot seem to comprehend the word "judgement".
So maybe parables were not direct enough for believers to understand?

Maybe if Jesus wrote his story in all the known languages and the ones that were to come in the future, their would be less debate. Could he not do this?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 8 min freak 81,565
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 13 min DITCH MITCH 147,146
1 Blessing From God 14 min Stephen Levi 19
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 1 hr Huh 18
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 3,812
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 2 hr Toby 4
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 2 hr Ten Four 6
john sowders 3 hr she will 6
New club in Barbourville? 12 hr my real name 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs