Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,881 - 94,900 of 128,585 Comments Last updated 12 min ago
CURIOUS

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
As has previously attested to, you are unqualified to determine my qualifications in such personal arenas as faith and belief. You are NOT as unique - or Special - as you would like to Believe. "On the other hand," specific observations can be and have been made of brain chemistry, physiology and activity in cases and feelings of religious experiences.
"You know nothing about the process,you understand nothing about the process,thereby you are totally unqualified to opine on something you knw nothing about"
That is a statement known as "false witnessing."
As always, I find myself needing to remind the Christian, MIND YOUR 9TH COMMANDMENT.
By the same token,observations have been made that prayer has cured illnesses.
But let us talk about your observations and to how they would apply to my situation.
Let us satrt out with the Facts,as only I know them
I prayed to have a SPECIFIC problem resolved,Said problem was resolved amd I know that to be a fact...
If My brain chemistry,physiology and activity are tested,what do the results prove or indicate.
Would it indicate that I had an illusion,that what I know happened ,did not really occur. In that case ,I'd probably tell whoever was conducting this observation,what he could do with his report.
Now,since he would not be able to refute the fact that my prayer was amswered,What else could he do? how would he explain it?
That some activity in my brain,of which I am unaware,was able to create the circumstances which resulted in the answer to my prayer?
Since you brought up the subject of this observation process,then I will leave it up yo you,to explain to me how that relates to my situation?

MIND MY FIRST COMMANDMENT; Never post irrational solutions to issues WITH which you are totally unfamil;iar aND are BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
But let us talk about your observations and to how they would apply to my situation.
I prayed to have a SPECIFIC problem resolved,Said problem was resolved amd I know that to be a fact...
If My brain chemistry,physiology and activity are tested,what do the results prove or indicate.
Would it indicate that I had an illusion,that what I know happened ,did not really occur. In that case ,I'd probably tell whoever was conducting this observation,what he could do with his report.
Now,since he would not be able to refute the fact that my prayer was amswered,What else could he do? how would he explain it?
That some activity in my brain,of which I am unaware,was able to create the circumstances which resulted in the answer to my prayer?
Since you brought up the subject of this observation process,then I will leave it up yo you,to explain to me how that relates to my situation?
MIND MY FIRST COMMANDMENT; Never post irrational solutions to issues WITH which you are totally unfamil;iar aND are BEYOND YOUR COMPREHENSION
No one has ever observed a prayer cause an illness to be cured. People pray constantly for things to be cured. The rate of things being cured or just going away is consistent with chance or with the rate we expect them to go away.

The fact that one time out of a million someone says a prayer and then shortly after they actually get better is NOT evidence that prayer works. It's called a Post Hoc Fallacy. I eat ice cream, then lightning strikes my house. Did the ice cream cause the lightning?

Intercessory prayer (praying for other people) has been studied many times. The biggest and most well controlled studies find no evidence that this type of prayer does anything at all.

Now, just praying to yourself has a slim positive affect on how people feel. This is the placebo affect. It is the same kind of thing you get from a massage, meditation, or taking certain drugs like X or something.
CURIOUS

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the difference... I understand what you say and can rationally, logically call it for what it is Delusional Mind Set... You on the other hand do not understand the concepts presented due to that same delusional mind set so it seems gibberish and nonsensical... It's part of the delusional process that they design medications for....
Wrong again,you see,God can not be proven to exist,neither by rationalizing or logically, something that YOU are unable to grasp,because you do not believe,Nor can he be proved to be nonexistent by rationalizing and logically.
That my friend Is,A delusional mindset and for that mindset no medication has been designed
Wrong again,you see,God can not be proven to exist,neither by rationalizing or logically, something that YOU are unable to grasp,because you do not believe,Nor can he be proved to be nonexistent by rationalizing and logically.

That my friend Is,A delusional mindset and for that mindset no medication has been designed
Carl Sagan was an agnostic and when asked why he was not an Atheist,responded
"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."
You are going to spend all of eternity in Mordor.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
EVERY problem gets resolved some how. If they get resolved 50% of the time in your favor that is the law of averages. Prayer has never been observed to cure anything or cause anything to happen. NO ONE has ever been cured of cancer by prayer. You may fall for the con artist faith healer because you want to believe that but it is not true.
YOU post crap that is not true and has nothing to back it up with. Just because you say made up things does not make them true and no one believes it to be true. THIS is why you shall not lie to our children who are innocent and trusting!
BUT HEY, NEXT TIME YOU ARE VERY SICK DO NOT GO TO A DOCTOR, JUST PRAY!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
Since you do not believe,then,you must try to explain the basis for my faith with an irrational explanation.
What part of my explanation for your faith did you find irrational?

Was it the part about wanting to believe something along with our incredible ability to pattern-match makes it easy for people to see connections that might not really exist?
Or was it that feeling strongly about something is not equivalent to having evidence?

The only thing irrational in this conversation, are your arguments.

You keep using phrases like "events that science can't explain" which is bull. Just because you can't answer it, doesn't mean it can't be answered.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again,you see,God can not be proven to exist,neither by rationalizing or logically,."
Why not? Because YOU say so? Your god has been proven to be non-existent and your bible has been proven to be false.
YOU are just a troll. If you are not trying to force your beliefs on to any one and are not arguing that the bible should be taught in public schools than you are only here to troll.
And you are a liar.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again,you see,God can not be proven to exist,neither by rationalizing or logically,...
So, your all powerful god is incapable of proving he exists? Interesting to hear you admit that.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
The good Lord Satan has given me many great magik powers but only I know them.
Now since you know that I have great magik powers that proves that the Lord Satan is the real god and your jehovah is the real evil devil blah blah blah blah

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Hey curious, if your god is real and all powerful and all, why didn't he make bibles himself in all languages?
You do know that your jesus is not a white American right? You know he would have been one of those towel head Arabs that you hate right?
Why would this all powerful god need man to kill his enemies? Oh because they had chariots of iron and god could not defeat them?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea but Segan was a pot head that was blasted out of his head for all of his work products....

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Life starts at chemical reaction and electron flow begin. Life ends when those stop. Than there is no more life. You no longer exist when there is no more life.
Deal with it.
CURIOUS

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Ohhh because you say some thing it must be true. I have made no untrue statements about you. My reply was to the point and was correct.
Again, if you are not arguing for pushing your cult on children in school than what is your point of posting here?
You are just trolling for jesus?
Nonsense, and attempts to mislead and deceive,as you are doing ,can not be answered in an intelligent manner,
Good bye Jimmy Rants LOL
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

If we have positrons and electrons why doesn't the universe explode?
CURIOUS

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea but Segan was a pot head that was blasted out of his head for all of his work products....
Be that as it may,he possesed the ability to identify stupidity very eloquently
CURIOUS

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Hey curious, if your god is real and all powerful and all, why didn't he make bibles himself in all languages?
You do know that your jesus is not a white American right? You know he would have been one of those towel head Arabs that you hate right?
Why would this all powerful god need man to kill his enemies? Oh because they had chariots of iron and god could not defeat them?
Hey ,Jimmy Rants,Obviously your inability to refute the basis for my faith,has caused you much anger and frustration
Not being able to accomplish that futile effort,now you must resort to making ridiculous statements,in order to justify your abject failure of your futile attempts.
My God lives,yours never existed

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Be that as it may,he possesed the ability to identify stupidity very eloquently
While Sagan was an Alright writer he was wrong on what his definition of an Atheist is... His view was Atheist Believe there is no God... That's just not true.. Atheist Do Not Believe there is a God due to no evidence of such... That's a Big difference and one Sagan should have been called on.... But he also said...

He also said.

"The idea that God is an oversized white male with a flowing beard who sits in the sky and tallies the fall of every sparrow is ludicrous. But if by God one means the set of physical laws that govern the universe, then clearly there is such a God. This God is emotionally unsatisfying... it does not make much sense to pray to the law of gravity"
CURIOUS

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
So, your all powerful god is incapable of proving he exists? Interesting to hear you admit that.
Your incompetence and inability to understand the meaning of what I said,is on the same intellectual level,as that which you claim to have evolved from,an amoeba.
No ,fool,one can not prove God's existence by logic or rationale
God said,If you diligently seek me,you will find me...
As Scripture correctly states"The fool has said in his heart"There is no God"

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense, my attempts to mislead and deceive you can not be answered in an intelligent manner,
Good bye Jimmy Rants LOL
Yes, you try to decieve and mislead, exactly why you will never be allowed around children.
You are caught as a worthless troll.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your incompetence and inability to understand the meaning of what I said,is on the same intellectual level,as that which you claim to have evolved from,an amoeba.
No ,fool,one can not prove God's existence by logic or rationale
God said,If you diligently seek me,you will find me...
As Scripture correctly states"The fool has said in his heart"There is no God"
TROLL

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

114 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min DITCH MITCH 146,156
What happened at the dollor store in flat lick ... 22 min friend 11
Stivers Center fixes 28 min smokejumper 23
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 30 min Jennifer Renee 3,786
Brittany Spencer 44 min Jealous People 27
Billy Lake (Sep '11) 45 min wake up 33
Any couples into SCAT??? 1 hr gator 5
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters