Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,744)

Showing posts 94,861 - 94,880 of128,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you err;
your 2 previous allegations,you were unable to substantiate.
Your new allegation,that,I have argued in favor of the Bible being taught in public schools,is also wrong AND you provide no evidence to support that allegation.
I can only assume that,because of your inability to refute the basis for my faith,you need to resort to try and discredit me by attributing to me,things I never said.
That old deceptive strategy does not work.The Pharissees tried the same strategy with Jesus.
Jesus healed a blind man,whom.many witnesses knew to have been blind.The Pharissees,could not deny that Jesus had restored the sight of one blind from birth.So,they tried to discredit him by attributing his powers to sorcery and the devil,without providing any evidence to support those allegations.
Jesus never attributed his powers to sorcery or the devil,He claimed his powers came from the Father.
Now you are being stupid. I never said anything about your having faith, but what you have faith in is a fairy tale. Just like children having faith in Santa Claus.
Everything else you have said is from your book of fairy tales and does not prove that your fairy tales are real.
Nice try though.
And if you are not here supporting that the bible be taught in school than what is your point? To force your beliefs on to me? Just to argue?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Not the best excuses. I say again, why did the Jesus not write the words if his ideas were so complex? Why leave it to those who were so confused as you claim?
Would it matter if Jesus wrote it all down? Would translations to other languages be any better than what happened? Would the Council of Nicea get it right that way? Would man stop trying to interpret scripture to mean what is convenient for him at the time? I say Jesus did the right thing by not wasting His time writing everything in detail.
He taught in simple parables and people didn't get it. He proved His point that God's true gospel will seem out of place when compared to the secular world and old traditions that stemmed from greedy authorities.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do believe in the gift of tongues? What about laying on of hands gift healing?
I have never tested the validity of the Gift of Tongues or laying on of hands and gift of healing.
That is not the basis for my faith,
What I do believe in,I have previously postec
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are being stupid. I never said anything about your having faith, but what you have faith in is a fairy tale. Just like children having faith in Santa Claus.
Everything else you have said is from your book of fairy tales and does not prove that your fairy tales are real.
Nice try though.
And if you are not here supporting that the bible be taught in school than what is your point? To force your beliefs on to me? Just to argue?
Nice try.You made 3 allegations about me Which you can not substantiate,as evidenced by your inability to provide supporting evidence to said allegations.
Thereby, that does not make you stupid,but it does make you devious and conniving.. You not only are unable to provide any evidence to support your invalid allegations,but have gotten off the beaten track.
Your response is based on emotional anger,unable to prove your point,you attempt to get me into a match of insults by calling me stupid.
I will forgive your ignorance....
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
So then we should follow anyone that talks to invisible people that hear voices in their heads that tell them to do stuff and get tingles down their legs.... I know where there is a building full full to the brim with such people, albeit they are kept lock into rooms with limited access to sharp objects....
I never asked you ,or anyone to follow me.You follow whom you believe in.
I never said I heard voices in my head,or tingles in my legs and claimed that to be the basis for my faith.
That version was created in your unreliable Evolutionist mind.
Neither do I believe,as you do,that nonintelligent and nonliving matter ,was able to convert itself,as if by magic, into living intelligent matter.
Since you know where that building is,you better call and make reservations for a room,before the guys in white jackets with nets hunt you down...

PS to those who post gibberish and nonsesnse,one must reply in kind
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd like to think that wouldn't you? The problem with your post here...well, one problem with your post here is the fact that almost every "unbeliever" is a former "believer". So, we're very well qualified to opine on this subject.
No you are not,and let me tell you why;
When I use the word believer,I mean one who not only believes,but also trusts in God and Christ.
If belief in God were the sole criteria for being a Chritian,then the devil would be a Christian,for he also believes and knows that God exists,but refuses to yield to his authority.
I have known many so called Christians who believed in God,but when asked,do you trust in God,and if they adhere to Gog's word and follow his teachings,they begin to stammer.
So,yes,you may have previously beliewved in God,but,obviously did not adhere to his teachings.
since you did not adhere to his teachings,nor tested their validity,that makes you totally unqualified to voice an opinion on something you know nothing about.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.You made 3 allegations about me Which you can not substantiate,as evidenced by your inability to provide supporting evidence to said allegations.
Thereby, that does not make you stupid,but it does make you devious and conniving.. You not only are unable to provide any evidence to support your invalid allegations,but have gotten off the beaten track.
Your response is based on emotional anger,unable to prove your point,you attempt to get me into a match of insults by calling me stupid.
I will forgive your ignorance....
Ohhh because you say some thing it must be true. I have made no untrue statements about you. My reply was to the point and was correct.
Again, if you are not arguing for pushing your cult on children in school than what is your point of posting here?
You are just trolling for jesus?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are not,and let me tell you why;
When I use the word believer,I mean one who not only believes,but also trusts in God and Christ.
If belief in God were the sole criteria for being a Chritian,then the devil would be a Christian,for he also believes and knows that God exists,but refuses to yield to his authority.
I have known many so called Christians who believed in God,but when asked,do you trust in God,and if they adhere to Gog's word and follow his teachings,they begin to stammer.
So,yes,you may have previously beliewved in God,but,obviously did not adhere to his teachings.
since you did not adhere to his teachings,nor tested their validity,that makes you totally unqualified to voice an opinion on something you know nothing about.
Side stepping the bible? You twist the bible around to suit your own agenda but the bible is still just a fairy tale. No more real than Santa Claus (how is YOUR faith any more real than a 4 year olds faith in Santa?)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I heard voices in my head,or tingles in my legs and claimed that to be the basis for my faith.
Neither do I believe,as you do,that nonintelligent and nonliving matter ,was able to convert itself,as if by magic, into living intelligent matter.
Since you know where that building is,you better call and make reservations for a room,before the guys in white jackets with nets hunt you down...
You do know that your mommy lied to you about Santa Claus right? She also lied about jesus and god.
Sant/jesus about the same really
Do you think superman is real too? But Marval comics number 132 says he is real. It is written that superman will return (or was that batman?)
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I notice this God fearing Christian has a real affinity for calling people names. "Worm," "dirtbag," et al. Yeah, this is the sort of individual I would want teaching MY kids about the Bible - someone who claims they are tolerant and intelligent, yet is vicious and doesn't even comprehend the common usage of Anno Domini in the Gregorian calendar.
I wouldn't EVEN begin to hold myself(!) out to do such a task! Nor would I want any old anyone attempting to "teach" MY kids (with out my consent) any such thing even resembling, as well.

Why? Of my own expectations, and being of legal adult age, I would only wish to attend such a course, as taught by an actually accredited scholar, in the area of Theology. And I would expect nothing less tha n for my children as well.

(and once again, I did not write the Constitution, I just READ it, including the line that references the signing date as "in the year of our Lord....." etc etc., as the Founding Fathers saw fit to writ!)

Vicious?
Those are mild :-).
However, What you will NOT "hear/read" much of out of myself personally, are the rather blasphemous ignorants of disrespect of others "beliefs".
That's just beyond rude and ignorant, down the rungs to the bottom, at crude, lewd and socially unacceptable.
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>
Most colleges have world religion classes, Maybe college aged boys and girls are too old for them?
Where'd you learn that? People are never too old to learn, now are they.
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>This country was built on industry and personal rights/individual freedom. In no way was this country built on religion, in fact just the opposite as our fore fathers saw fit to protect us from the christian cult.
Actually, they saw fit to not let government interfere with religion.

Read Thomas Jeffersons letter to the Danbury Baptists.

Had the FF been as almighty wisdom filled as we sometimes speculate them to have been, they'd've implemented an income surtax right then and there.

The American budget DEFICIT might not be HALF as horrible as what it is right now.
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet why didn't an all knowing, all powerful God write all his rules down on some light weight indestructible non erasable or editable note pads....
Add sorry azz to my list of vicious names lol.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Where'd you learn that? People are never too old to learn, now are they.
I mean that the christian cult likes young boys and girls. As we see in the news every day

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
here's the difference... I understand what you say and can rationally, logically call it for what it is Delusional Mind Set... You on the other hand do not understand the concepts presented due to that same delusional mind set so it seems gibberish and nonsensical... It's part of the delusional process that they design medications for....

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, they saw fit to not let government interfere with religion.
Read Thomas Jeffersons letter to the Danbury Baptists.
Had the FF been as almighty wisdom filled as we sometimes speculate them to have been, they'd've implemented an income surtax right then and there.
The American budget DEFICIT might not be HALF as horrible as what it is right now.
Before labor unions the only people who could afford to pay tax where the wealthy and they owned the politicians even back then.
The FF did a good job with the idea that every one has equal rights and every one is entitled to freedom. There are some who try to say that only the rich land owners had rights but that is refuted by the words "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You do know that your mommy lied to you about Santa Claus right? She also lied about jesus and god.
Sant/jesus about the same really
Do you think superman is real too? But Marval comics number 132 says he is real. It is written that superman will return (or was that batman?)
Arnold...
TruthIS

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Before labor unions the only people who could afford to pay tax where the wealthy and they owned the politicians even back then.
The FF did a good job with the idea that every one has equal rights and every one is entitled to freedom. There are some who try to say that only the rich land owners had rights but that is refuted by the words "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal"
Is supper ready yet?

Meh-en.

(the DEFICIT would not be near what it is, had they had any inkling!!)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

'OO EE OO AH AH TING TANG WALLA WALLA BING BANG'..

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>

I was wondering about that. Beneath the facade of cultured reasonable acceptance, you could be the same ilk of egocentric holy roller that has tainted religious organizations since the second shaman picked up a rattle. I had thought that it might just be from living in a hick redneck berg, but I now see that your hubris defies granting that others have the ability to grasp your beliefs and faith while you simultaneously boast an inability of grasping others' concepts and credentials.

"Well, there's your problem..." - J. Hyneman

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,861 - 94,880 of128,000
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

49 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 20 min Le Jimbo 144,934
What happened at the dollor store in flat lick ... 1 hr what 3
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr LMS 26,173
I have nothing to say.. 6 hr Tehee Candor 3
Barbourville topix 7 hr Rumors 7
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 8 hr 75 Scorpio 3,740
Fight 8 hr Brothers Market 1
KC Basketball Coach 8 hr Great 65
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 11 hr Butt head 383
•••
•••
•••
•••