Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#99265 Apr 11, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Question,Where have I ever asked you to believe in what I believe?
Where have I ever stated that I want to impose my beliefs on your children?
When you are able to provide that evidence,then, and only then can you validate your misguided allegations
Are you here to argue that the bible should be taught in schools? You have argued that creation by god should be taught in schools haven't you?
The christian cult does this all of the time. I have told people that want to preach at me that I do not believe in the bible and do not want to be preached at so they nag and preach harder until I wear my sigle of Baphomet than they condemn me because I do not follow their cult
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#99266 Apr 11, 2013
OhWow wrote:
If you want your child taught your religion send them to a school based on it. Not everyone is Christian and not everyone believes what you believe. There's absolutely no reason to want to force it on those who do not want it.
Fact is... It's an "Elective"! No forcing anyone to go!
On a side note...
God is real, why would you want your kids not to know Him?
You get your kids helmets, and knee pads for their bikes, n skate boards... why not a Bible for their souls?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#99267 Apr 11, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
and we were *quite* a diverse bunch of kids!
Meaning you had both tall and short Baptists and Pentecostals in your classes?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99268 Apr 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Fact is... It's an "Elective"! No forcing anyone to go!
On a side note...
You get your kids helmets, and knee pads for their bikes, n skate boards... why not a Bible for their souls?
No, it is a smoke screen to allow preachers in to go around preaching to children and to pressure children. It is a stepping stone to teach the bible as fact.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99269 Apr 11, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Fact is... It's an "Elective"! No forcing anyone to go!
On a side note...
Elective or not we still can not allow people like you to be around children.
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#99270 Apr 11, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is a smoke screen to allow preachers in to go around preaching to children and to pressure children. It is a stepping stone to teach the bible as fact.
In the beginning... He made them male, and female!
Is not a vagina made for a penis?
That is a Biblical fact... even if you do not want to believe that!
Fact is fact!
Thanks again for
proving God, and the Bible to be true!
Good day:-)
TruthIS

London, KY

#99271 Apr 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Great! But you do know that the Physics class was not the one with the lockers and group showers with your buds after running laps right?
OHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.... I think YOU must be confused?
Group PHYSICS classroooms-yes.
Group showers? NOT in my high school, dirtbag.
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#99272 Apr 11, 2013
Y'all have a great day :-)
TruthIS

London, KY

#99273 Apr 11, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Meaning you had both tall and short Baptists and Pentecostals in your classes?
Hell if I'd know, we didn't drag labelduhmlabels into our classrooms.

Lot's of names you couldn't even pronounce I'd bet though!(HA lol)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99274 Apr 11, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>In the beginning... He made them male, and female!
Fact is fact!
Thanks again for
What does that have to do with bible study in school? And no, since there is no god there was no Adam and Eve.
But yes, fact is fact and myth is...well your cult

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99275 Apr 11, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is a smoke screen to allow preachers in to go around preaching to children and to pressure children. It is a stepping stone to teach the bible as fact.
In the beginning... He made them male, and female!
Fact is fact!
Thanks again for

YET AGAIN PROVING THAT YOU STILL SMOKE METH

“See how you are?”

Earth

#99276 Apr 11, 2013
TruthIS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hell if I'd know, we didn't drag labelduhmlabels into our classrooms.
Lot's of names you couldn't even pronounce I'd bet though!(HA lol)
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
We would've laughed at THAT...while still maintaning the ability to RESPECT others cultural differences and beliefs (providing they were not harming anyone else, in anyway, of course).
I notice this God fearing Christian has a real affinity for calling people names. "Worm," "dirtbag," et al. Yeah, this is the sort of individual I would want teaching MY kids about the Bible - someone who claims they are tolerant and intelligent, yet is vicious and doesn't even comprehend the common usage of Anno Domini in the Gregorian calendar.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#99277 Apr 11, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>What does that have to do with bible study in school? And no, since there is no god there was no Adam and Eve.
But yes, fact is fact and myth is...well your cult
I notice that YaA doesn't quite get the distinction between "Biblical" and "biological."
Hmmm...
"biblical function"
"biological function"
Maybe there isn't that much difference?

Since: Apr 13

Lexington, KY

#99278 Apr 11, 2013
kids today need guide lines i think it wood be good because this country was built on religen we should go on with it teach them morals in life

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99279 Apr 11, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I notice this God fearing Christian has a real affinity for calling people names. "Worm," "dirtbag," et al. Yeah, this is the sort of individual I would want teaching MY kids about the Bible - someone who claims they are tolerant and intelligent, yet is vicious and doesn't even comprehend the common usage of Anno Domini in the Gregorian calendar.
From my experience they are also violent and blood lusting. So many "christians" have stated that I should be; shot, burned at the stake, tied to the back of their truck and dragged, beaten until I defecate myself, etc.....
And from what I see on the news they are hate filled and perverts.
I do not want them talking to my child much less teaching them.
Most colleges have world religion classes, so why do they still try to push their beliefs on to innocent children? Maybe college aged boys and girls are too old for them?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99280 Apr 11, 2013
barnabas gilbert wrote:
kids today need guide lines i think it wood be good because this country was built on religen we should go on with it teach them morals in life
This country was built on industry and personal rights/individual freedom. In no way was this country built on religion, in fact just the opposite as our fore fathers saw fit to protect us from the christian cult.
Nothing makes nothing

Morehead, KY

#99281 Apr 11, 2013
The New Testament plainly states we are no longer under the law(But the ten commandments are still to be followed ). Romans 6:15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law ? NO.
bible.cc/romans/6-15.htmKing James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) What then? shall we ... Weymouth New Testament Are we therefore to sin because we are no longer under the authority of Law, but under grace? No, indeed!.... Romans Chapter 6 Verse 15. Alphabetical:...
Jesus rebuked many things the followers of the old bible did. He showed them to be kind and filled with love for everyone. As previously stated by someone,Jesus stopped the stoning of the woman caught in adultery. Jesus rebuked them for allowing divorce (except that your spouse committed adultery ,Jesus told Peter to put away his sword,and Jesus then restored and put back the ear of the man (who came to kill Jesus ). I think,
since Jesus told them that these things were not be done,it proves (at least to me ) that there were other instances where the Jews did not always do what god wanted.
I may be wrong ,but I follow more so the New Testament (I could do better on this to ,I am sure !) Jesus shows great LOVE ,where as the old testament has a lot of killing. I am no longer under the old law ,but my faith is in Jesus,who wants us to love,not stone,not kill.
Nothing makes nothing

Morehead, KY

#99283 Apr 11, 2013
Being related (I suppose so,that I may well be ,since my grandfather was a Jew)I am so glad that I accept Jesus as my savor ,where as the Jews who were so sit in their old beliefs rejected HIM. And actually cried crucify Jesus .So we can see from this they chose not believe in Jesus.(so again this shows me that everything the Jews did was not of God. ( Or at the very least ,held a lot hate and bitterness )

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99284 Apr 11, 2013
Nothing makes nothing wrote:
The New Testament plainly states we are no longer under the law(But the ten commandments are still to be followed ). Romans 6:15 What then? Shall we sin because we are not under the law ? NO.
bible.cc/romans/6-15.htmKing James Bible (Cambridge Ed.) What then? shall we ... Weymouth New Testament Are we therefore to sin because we are no longer under the authority of Law, but under grace? No, indeed!.... Romans Chapter 6 Verse 15. Alphabetical:...
Jesus rebuked many things the followers of the old bible did. He showed them to be kind and filled with love for everyone. As previously stated by someone,Jesus stopped the stoning of the woman caught in adultery. Jesus rebuked them for allowing divorce (except that your spouse committed adultery ,Jesus told Peter to put away his sword,and Jesus then restored and put back the ear of the man (who came to kill Jesus ). I think,
since Jesus told them that these things were not be done,it proves (at least to me ) that there were other instances where the Jews did not always do what god wanted.
I may be wrong ,but I follow more so the New Testament (I could do better on this to ,I am sure !) Jesus shows great LOVE ,where as the old testament has a lot of killing. I am no longer under the old law ,but my faith is in Jesus,who wants us to love,not stone,not kill.
While I do not believe that there is a god or jesus.
It is evident that the god of the old testament not being acceptable to people a NEW god was created in your jesus.
If you dismiss the god part for a moment, if you believe that people should be kind and helpful to others, that evil is when some one harms another, i agree with you. But if, IF, it is about elevating yourself above others, defaming others just to elevate yourself, social status, controlling others than I am against you.
Fair enough?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#99285 Apr 11, 2013
Nothing makes nothing wrote:
God probably laughs at all of us,trying to" Disprove God" is as absurd as scientist proving how the earth was made. They say it is billions of years old,yet man in his own imagined infallible egoist way,thinks he can figure it all out! What E G O and self-righteousness!
Who & what books are available to prove any of this insanity of evolution? ;The books would need to be billions of years old !
Either believe in God, or admit that,"We do not believe in God,but we have no idea how everything was created !"
You have a 3rd answer ? Let's hear it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chamges to Topix? 7 min Kickingwolf 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Obama Zombies 155,436
Stealing from child's grave 1 hr gimme a nickle 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Truth 7,184
Marica 1015 2 hr Looker 1
barbourville utitlities ripoff 4 hr Allison 6
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 4 hr former ho 5

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]