Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 134,312

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
ever consider

Morehead, KY

#99358 Apr 11, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
'OO EE OO AH AH TING TANG WALLA WALLA BING BANG'..
The big bang theory ,would be far more stupid than this in comparison. But , Would you believe that this "super energy force " that evolution claims created everything from one small speck,would let a person take this and create millions of cakes. Let's say we heard on the news,"Woman drops one small speck of flour on to floor,than for unknown reason ,this speck created over a million beautiful,frosted wedding cakes,including the little bride & groom sitting on top !" No,you nor I would believe it !

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#99359 Apr 11, 2013
ever consider wrote:
<quoted text>
The big bang theory ,would be far more stupid than this in comparison. But , Would you believe that this "super energy force " that evolution claims created everything from one small speck,would let a person take this and create millions of cakes. Let's say we heard on the news,"Woman drops one small speck of flour on to floor,than for unknown reason ,this speck created over a million beautiful,frosted wedding cakes,including the little bride & groom sitting on top !" No,you nor I would believe it !
This is Not a reply to you the OP... This is to all the others reading..... Folks here is a Prime example why our country is on such a downward spiral as this is a product of our educational system and shows that if we do not find away to educate our children we are doomed as a nation....
TruthIS

London, KY

#99360 Apr 11, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading and understanding are worlds apart. Your "TruthIS" is a glaring example of that.
"In the year of our lord" is merely the long form English translation of A.D. That would be obvious to one who is not blinded by faith.
There is absolutely NO REASON to have a theologian teaching scripture in a public school.
The proposed legislation was not for religious Bible study, it was to use excerpts of the Bible for secondary school humanities. Things like how and why the Sistine Chapel was painted, the house arrest of Galileo Galilei, how Charlemagne became Emperor and the creation of his laws, the Catholic and Protestant Reformations, the writings of Dante and Voltaire, the European Witch and the Scopes trials, etc. are a few of the thousands of ways that the Bible is interwoven with western culture and history - THAT HAVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO DO WITH SALVATION OF SOULS.
Right, churches are good for scriptural studies.
And I personally have no problem with any of the rest of what you've mentioned...where'd you learn that at?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#99361 Apr 11, 2013
Lmao, flour? Failed science?? Nail one religie to a stick and BAM.....ignorance runs amuck.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#99362 Apr 11, 2013
CURIOUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Carl Sagan was an agnostic and when asked why he was not an Atheist,responded
"An atheist has to know a lot more than I know. An atheist is someone who knows there is no god. By some definitions atheism is very stupid."
Not only that,but in their irrational frame of mind,they insist on debating an issue that they claim does not exist.
Illogical logic 101
Carl Sagan attempts to debate with a creationist

TruthIS

London, KY

#99363 Apr 11, 2013
GWB wrote:
If we have positrons and electrons why doesn't the universe explode?
There is an expansion theory...(and other dimensions theories as well)

“There is no god.”

USA

#99364 Apr 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Not a reply to you the OP... This is to all the others reading..... Folks here is a Prime example why our country is on such a downward spiral as this is a product of our educational system and shows that if we do not find away to educate our children we are doomed as a nation....
Yep, belief causes brain damage.

“There is no god.”

USA

#99365 Apr 11, 2013
"By some definitions atheism is very stupid."

By any definition religion is extremely stupid.

“There is no god.”

USA

#99366 Apr 11, 2013
Yep, brain damaged, judged true by religie rules.
ever consider

Morehead, KY

#99367 Apr 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay ,let's say we teach this to our children (well not mine yours): All this Universe was a freak accident of nature. One tiny fragment of a very magnificent unknown substance exploded forming billions of planets and earth" .We call this force Energy . Yes folks it was so tiny,it was almost invisible.Can you imagine how this small particle could burst,dividing into even smaller pieces as it exploded,but formed billions of planets . hummmm,"Let's see it broke into,got even smaller ,but formed all those billions of planets weighing multi-zillion, trillions more times than itself Right now that is a good subject to teach. I see your point nutty professor !

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#99368 Apr 11, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, belief causes brain damage.
It's obvious isn't it.....

“There is no god.”

USA

#99369 Apr 11, 2013
Lmfao, theres a book called, "The complete idiots guide to the life of christ" O god, thats just tooo funny.
ever consider

Morehead, KY

#99370 Apr 11, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Lmao, flour? Failed science?? Nail one religie to a stick and BAM.....ignorance runs amuck.
You can not stretch your mind to believe this? LOL (it is meant to show how illogical Big Bang theory is) But YOU DO BELIEVE THIS : Okay ,let's say we teach this to our children (well not mine yours): All this Universe was a freak accident of nature. One tiny fragment of a very magnificent unknown substance exploded forming billions of planets and earth" .We call this force Energy . Yes folks it was so tiny,it was almost invisible.Can you imagine how this small particle could burst,dividing into even smaller pieces as it exploded,but formed billions of planets . Hummmm,"Let's see it broke into,got even smaller ,but formed all those billions of planets weighing multi-zillion, trillions more times than itself Right now that is a good subject to teach. in stitches LAUGH
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#99371 Apr 11, 2013
Dear "NEPHILIM"
At the Dr.s office today I was reading the Watchtower January 2013 and came across an article "I Have Finally Found True Freedom" The cover title was,"Should You Fear the End of the World?"
May I suggestyou go to www.jw.org click on publications then enter Watchtower January 2013. When the magazine appears scan the table of contents to the above article.
As I read the article it made me think of you. You owe it to yourself to read that. It won't hurt you and you will not be the worse for it.
I usually don't respond to a person who admits they are an apostate and refer to themselves sa "NEPHILIM" but when I read that article I automatically thought of you and decided it might be worth the effort to refer you to it.
ever consider

Morehead, KY

#99372 Apr 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious isn't it.....
Good education becomes you!( Laugh ) Can you say "YES", Right" anything but Yep! or Yup ? Get out of the log cabin and hills old dude!
Try visiting the closest town,stop at the public library and get a book on our English language .

“There is no god.”

USA

#99373 Apr 11, 2013
Ahhh, typical religie, it knows the mind and intentions of its deity and assumes it knows mine. I have the handy dandy Atheist handbook right here and it states, "No Atheist shall have to give one whit how or why our universe or life came to be". Obviously according to the handy dandy Atheist handbook an Atheist can call religies beliefs absurd and ridiculous without caring or knowing how we came to be humans.
ever consider

Morehead, KY

#99374 Apr 11, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
yep you guys should stick into tight groups and talk among yourselves, maybe move to a piece of land in Guyana and set up shop so you don't have to deal with all those facts and rational arguments.... Then you guys can sit around and say goofy crap all day until it's time to have those evening drinks.....
Remember, consider that library book on speaking proper English. Enough with your "YEP". "
GWB

Roseville, CA

#99375 Apr 11, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Dear "NEPHILIM"
At the Dr.s office today I was reading the Watchtower January 2013 and came across an article "I Have Finally Found True Freedom" The cover title was,"Should You Fear the End of the World?"
May I suggestyou go to www.jw.org click on publications then enter Watchtower January 2013. When the magazine appears scan the table of contents to the above article.
As I read the article it made me think of you. You owe it to yourself to read that. It won't hurt you and you will not be the worse for it.
I usually don't respond to a person who admits they are an apostate and refer to themselves sa "NEPHILIM" but when I read that article I automatically thought of you and decided it might be worth the effort to refer you to it.
Any articles on Oral or Anal sex between Jehovah's Witnesses?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#99376 Apr 11, 2013
Watchtower May 15 1970, p.315 Avoiding the Snare of Homosexuality

Helpful in this regard, then, is appreciating the fact that autoeroticism or masturbation is no mere innocent pastime but rather a practice that can lead to homosexual acts.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#99377 Apr 11, 2013
Watchtower 1973 Sep 15 pp.564-5 Breaking Free of Self-Abuse-Why? How?

A MOST COMMON PRACTICE
In this age of promiscuity one must agree with the doctors about the general "universality" of masturbation. Look at the statistics: "Every serious statistical study that we have shows clearly that ... at least ninety-five per cent of boys and young men between thirteen and twenty-five years of age pass through periods of habitual masturbation of varying lengths," says one authority on the subject. As for girls, this source says that "forty to fifty per cent are found to actually masturbate." ...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Joshua vandusen 8 min wholefamilyretarded 3
Daniel Boone 2 hr true bs 2
looking for a three bedroom for rent!!! 5 hr owner 14
Loretta Gray, Manager of the Projects (Jan '10) 7 hr yep 6
Megan 10 hr Sam 7
I have a decision to make. 11 hr Princess Hey 9
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 11 hr Princess Hey 630
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Sun Physics_Works 71

Flood Warning for Knox County was issued at March 01 at 4:54PM EST

Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:36 am PST

Bleacher Report 9:36AM
Titans OT Roos Announces Retirement After 10 Seasons