Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,761 - 94,780 of 130,225 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Christofacism

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

You Can Choose wrote:
<quoted text>
..'christofacism' providing there is such a word,
but I choose to follow the true teachings of Jesus
Christ which is Christian of which I know is a real
Word and the Way to Life. It is our free will which
allows each of us to choose our preparations for the
eternity which both of us know that is inevitable,
there is no essence in denying that!
Joe Biden: Christofacist
Profession Lawyer
Religion Roman Catholicism

'create a New World Order'

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

No Thanks
happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”-Friedrich Nietzsche
Is that why u don't accept the truth?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

You Can Choose wrote:
<quoted text>
..'christofacism' providing there is such a word,
but I choose to follow the true teachings of Jesus
Christ which is Christian of which I know is a real
Word and the Way to Life. It is our free will which
allows each of us to choose our preparations for the
eternity which both of us know that is inevitable,
there is no ssence in denying that!
There is a word... He just typed it out... Ubersphynoid is a word... Spinolsypholus is a word... and when I make a new word I get to make up the definitions too... Kewl....
happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>That whole Hopey Changey thing is not my cup of tea... I'll stay grounded in reality and enjoy the ride through the mountains and stop now and then to photograph stuff, enjoy life and be happy with the time I have...
Great idea because it doesn't look like eternity is going to be fun for you .. Sadly

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch your back. I hear there are some notoriously badass gangs in Utah.
http://utahtibetanassociation.org/
You think they are bad ass... Those Amish Mafia gangs are terrible...
happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I on the other hand don't Believe in anything, ever... I Know, I Think I Know or I Do Not Know... I Never believe....

As for Dark Energy if you read my Postulate I see Dark Energy / Dark Matter as the Left Over Unified Indefinable Energy that all physical matter converted out of... It exists in the space between all Physical matter and acts as an inverse tensor between all massive objects causing the Effect we call Gravity.....
Do u believe the crap you say? Lol
Geeze
Nothing makes nothing

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
It matter to me what others believe because we live in a representative democracy. You vote. You vote for people who can and do affect my family by making laws. I want those who make laws for me to be as intelligent as possible and as secular as possible.
If you are a very religious person then chances are you prefer to vote for people who also believe similar to the way you believe. You stated that you reject the Theory of Evolution, and probably the idea of evolution itself. That tells me you are scientifically illiterate and possibly anti-intellectual. So you are going to be prone to vote for people who share those ideas. Bachamann, Santorum, Rick Perry, and other idiots who wouldn't know the business end of a book if you smacked them in the face with it.
I read a quote from an author, I can't remember who it was. He said it best, I think. He said he cares what others believe because he does not want to live in a nation of stupid people.
I agree totally.
On the contrary my friend, evolution has been taught in schools for many years,so we all have been educated in that fiction- U.S. public schools have always made an effort to stay current with modern science. Since Darwin published his "Origin of the Species" in England in 1859, it can be assumed that public schools in the U.S. began teaching the principles of evolution soon afterward--perhaps within a decade or so.

It is simply fair to teach the bible. But you that swallowed and devoured with over zealous appetites for fairy tale education,are now afraid that this generation will question the nonsense they have been taught about evolution.
You Can Choose

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Christofacism wrote:
<quoted text>
Joe Biden: Christofacist
Profession Lawyer
Religion Roman Catholicism
'create a New World Order'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MI6wvNJ22DkXX
No Thanks
Not to argue with your or anyone, but is your
free will that you must deal with, no one else
can control it but you. However, I never said
that chritofacist or that christofacism either
is not a word, I only said providing whether or
not the word was a real word. There is a lot I
don't agree with in the Roman Catholic Church.
Vice President Biden is no better than anyone
else when It comes to his free will, he only
answers for his own the same as we as individuals
answer for our own. I don't need You Tube to act
as my guide, I have the Holy Bible and it has and
will serve many a lot more than You Tube ever will.
As for your "No thanks", you're still welcome.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze
The Earth is 6,000 years old.
4300 +/- years ago the entire Earth was flooded to a depth that covered the mountains.
The Creator of all space-time impregnated a carpenter's wife - who just happened to still be a virgin...?
YOU are proud to believe all the crap you say?
Its amazing the lengths people will go to to preserve their God Given Right to remain blissfully unaware.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Watch your back. I hear there are some notoriously badass gangs in Utah.
http://utahtibetanassociation.org/
I'll be ok. Never even been to Utah

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze
Nope... I base my views on Evidence and long years of study.... At any moment I will set aside any of my views with a single piece of new validated evidence that can be verified and tested.... No Belief required...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Geeze
Wait until you hear my views on the effect of Gravity being a very weak force and the main driver of the universe is the electrical effect and the flow of charged primal particles with mass via the 98% plasma form of universal matter... It's Awsome....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Mormon Gang Bangers are running rampant .....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Good Mormon Gang Bangers are running rampant .....
Not sure what you are talking about
Nothing makes nothing

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

In the 50's grade schools had posters of ape to man charts. But little was said about it in school. But the Big Bang theory was taught in science. The 1960's was the real beginning of evolution and the big bang theory in public school : Biological Sciences Curriculum Study (BSCS) textbooks
Work in genetics culminating in the 1937 publication of Genetics and the Origin of Species by Theodosius Dobzhansky, combining Mendelian genetics with Darwinian natural selection, and explaining, through neutral mutations, the source of the variation upon which evolution acted, led to a synthesis that brought together disparate fields of biology and other sciences into a strong, coherent explanation of evolution.[18] A campaign ensued, urging schools to teach the "fact" of evolution,[19] and in the 1960's, the federally supported Biological Sciences Curriculum Study and biology text books were introduced, promoting evolution as the organizing principle of biology.[21] The belief in the power of science among biologists was running especially high: One of the prominent creators of the modern synthesis, Julian Huxley, made a religion of humanism, saying that a "drastic reorganization of our pattern of religious thought is now becoming unnecessary, changing from a god-centered to an evolutionary-centered pattern",[22] and advocating the use of science to further expand human capacities.s:

Even though evolution had been around more than a century ,it was really the 60's that screwed up the minds of this generation. so much for "lack of education on evolution "! We have enough on that fable to write our on books. But thank God that some of us survived this forced on teaching of "man came from apes ,the world was created by hurling meteorites. Now those who taught that same theory,have changed their minds ,and now state that man did not come from apes,and they also are starting to dispute their own big Bang Theory. So much for knowledge of evolution! They can not even believe this garbage themselves!!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be safe, you might want to steer clear of Iowa, too.
http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Vedic_City-...
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been trying for over a week now to get him to recognize how illogical his argument is. Maybe you'll have better luck....maybe
Neither the theory of Evolution of how life evolved and the Scientific theory of how life came into existence"which science has not been able to explain or duplicate' nor can you explain or duplicate,has been able to refute that which I have experienced personally.That which I have tested and experienceced,I know to be real.
The theories you use to try and convince me that I am wrong,and on which your beliefs are based,completely fail to refute whatI believe to be true,again,based on personal experience.
Neither can YOU refute my beliefs.Therefore your inability to convince me that I am being illogical,,,,For which you have no factual basis,as you have no facts that can contradict what I experienced and can ONLY reject them based on the theories to which you subscribe. Theories are not facts

My beliefs and reasons for my faith ARE NOT BASED ON a THEORY,
but instead on tested factual experiences...

Still in all,I can understand how you feel,as I,at one time ,was an agnostic and once felt the same way as you do now.
As aresult,I consider you an adversay,not an enemy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither the theory of Evolution of how life evolved and the Scientific theory of how life came into existence"which science has not been able to explain or duplicate' nor can you explain or duplicate,has been able to refute that which I have experienced personally.That which I have tested and experienceced,I know to be real.
It isn't science's goal to refute your beliefs. The goal of science is to understand (primarily) and to explain (secondarily). That's all. Your beliefs (aside from elections and taxes) are irrelevant.
I know you Christians are hung up on this (pun intended), but you are not being persecuted.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The theories you use to try and convince me that I am wrong,and on which your beliefs are based,completely fail to refute whatI believe to be true,again,based on personal experience.
Neither can YOU refute my beliefs.Therefore your inability to convince me that I am being illogical,,,,For which you have no factual basis,as you have no facts that can contradict what I experienced and can ONLY reject them based on the theories to which you subscribe. Theories are not facts
My beliefs and reasons for my faith ARE NOT BASED ON a THEORY,
but instead on tested factual experiences...
I'm not using theories to try to convince you that you're wrong. I'm using simple logic. You reject science because it is incomplete (even though it does have substantial supporting evidence) and you replace it with faith (which has no supporting evidence). That is illogical. I understand that you have strong feelings about this, but that is not the same as evidence. It wouldn't exist in a laboratory nor would it exist in a court of law. It's not evidence. You use terms like "tested factual experiences", but what you've experienced is not evidence it's just something you've felt and have strong emotions about.
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Still in all,I can understand how you feel,as I,at one time ,was an agnostic and once felt the same way as you do now.
As aresult,I consider you an adversay,not an enemy
I guess I would have more respect for you if you were to admit that which everyone else already knows. Faith, by definition, is believing something despite a lack of evidence. Faith, by definition, is illogical.

And, by the way, I am not an agnostic. I am an atheist. To some there's no distinction. And it may be semantics, but I do not believe there is a god.
Nothing makes nothing

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope... I base my views on Evidence and long years of study.... At any moment I will set aside any of my views with a single piece of new validated evidence that can be verified and tested.... No Belief required...
Right-all that takes is just to believe everything you read as FACT ! Wow- You are a nutty professor for sure.Three little Pigs is a good book to begin with.
Christofacism

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2013

the rules Religion are being applied to industry to control the workers and causing Subservient silence in them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min wtf 149,882
Charmaine Partin 3 hr momo 8
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr very 26,227
Exposing the UNITE ponzi pyramid scheme! 5 hr California Condor 3
Churches 6 hr IronHammer 2
Looking for a place to rent ASAP 10 hr Momolovesmatthew 1
selfless love witnessed 11 hr IronHammer 1
Sheriff deputies 11 hr cant wait 16

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••