Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,735)

Showing posts 94,681 - 94,700 of122,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

excuse me wrote:
Who was it - took peppered moths and glued to tree trunks to prove evolution - DEBUNKED
Who was it - insisted we emerged from pond scum - DEBUNKED
Honestly the lengths some will go to prove their theory
Great post...
They just forget about all those hoaxes...
LOL

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>You might as well quote Sandusky too!
Thanks again!
Sandusky is a christian. And he did what all christians love to do

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever see a critter read a book?
(huh...does that require religion or evolution...seeing a critter actually Read a book....huh...)
My requirement for superior reading is a book that really grabs my attention, is interesting, with little tidbits of factualities that I can learn something from.
Jesus had a bunch of other guys scribing about him.
Duh.
Their is not a word written in the days Jesus was claimed to be on earth that exists today. People wrote about the supposed Jesus after the fact.
I say again, if reading and writing made a being superior, then why did Jesus not leave us his writings?
Why am I to believe someones claims of what the supposed Jesus said? If it was so damn important, I think a god could write it himself so no one could screw it up. As it is now, we have many various interpretations of what Jesus wanted due to lack of confirmed and consistent written words by what you claim were his scribes.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Christians wrote:
If Christians would quit posting,these devil worshipers would have no one to argue with. You are causing more harm than good by posting.The Bible says cast not thy pearls before swine:And if they will not accept the word ,shake off the dust of thy feet and leave :The Principle: Casting Pearls Before Swine
"Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces." (Matthew 7:6).
And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."
Of course, these words of Jesus are allegorical. I doubt that any were literally casting pearls before swine. The meaning is pretty simple to figure out; "Do not persist in offering what is sacred or of value to those who have no appreciation for it, because your gift will not only become contaminated and be despised, your generous efforts could also be rebuffed and perhaps even openly attacked."
The "dogs" and "swine" here stand for the unappreciative and worldly; unappreciative and uncaring men and women who belittle the value of what is offered to them. The swine have no appreciation for either the beauty nor the value of the pearls under their feet.
Your life, time, energy, opportunities and abilities are God's pearls. They're His! You and I are merely His stewards overseeing His possessions (1 Corinthians 6:19,20; 4:1,2; 1 Peter 4:8-11). We must show discernment as to what use we make of God's possessions. It is possible to waste them either by using them when we should not.
Examples of the Principle Applied
"Jesus therefore perceiving that they were intending to come and take Him by force, to make Him king, withdrew again to the mountain to be by Himself alone." (John 6:15).
Jesus was very popular at this stage of His ministry. The main reason for this is that He had just miraculously fed five thousand plus people. The purpose was twofold; the people were hungry, and Jesus wanted to illustrate the more important spiritual bread, the bread of life, that He was offering them in His teachings.
But the people did not want the bread of life. They wanted more of the physical bread to eat. They began following Him for the wrong reason (vs. 26-27). Jesus offered them spiritual bread, but they did not want that (vs. 40-41). When Jesus refuses to duplicate the earlier miracle, continuing instead to redirect their attention toward the words of life, the people finally lose interest and leave (vs. 66). They were unappreciative of the pearls Jesus was offering them. Jesus simply refused to allow His efforts to be wasted on those who had little interest in His purpose and mission.
On another occasion, those who continued to ignore the implications of His earlier miracles, demanded He provide yet more. They were testing Him and were not really interested in what these signs signified about Jesus' identity. Jesus simply refused their request (Matthew 16:1-4). He was not here to perform for them or to satisfy their curiosity (Luke 23:8,9).
Jesus made it quite clear that His disciples were to move on when a city indicated its lack of interest in the gospel offered it by preachers and teachers (Matthew 10:11-14). Paul continued this practice (Acts 13:44-52; 18:5-7).And if any place will not welcome you or listen to you, leave that place and shake the dust off your feet as a testimony against them."
Do you really feel that some one is a "devil worshiper" if they worship a god that demanded they kill animals for ritual animal sacrifice,(pouring the blood on themselves) that demanded that they be HAPPY as they kill children, that demanded they attack and kill every man,rape every woman? I find this to be devil worship, worshiping a god that demands this, do you?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Because No Writing, No Artifact, No Pot with his painted little head, no mention, not one Piece of Evidence has ever been found dating to his life time that mentions him... I could Believe someone made notes and stuck them in their pocket for 20 years, I could Believe that every single mention of his great deeds during his life were carted off and hidden in some cave somewhere.... Oh Wait .. No I couldn't .... Without Evidence I don't really give a crap what people Believe.....
What if the writings began immediately but didn't come forth until later? Life was different then. There were no publishers, and no printing presses. You don't know

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>That's not Superiority, That's Dominance... big difference...

Superiority would be when placed on equal terms you could maintain that dominance.... The Only thing that maintains human dominance is his Superior Technology, not his superior being....

But turn that around and not that your human body would die in a few moments if other lowly animals did not keep you alive... There are More animals in you that You in you,,, and several billion plants in you that without them You would fall over with little X's in your eyes...
Sorry but our ability to think and reason makes us superior. Situational instances don't change that.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Their is not a word written in the days Jesus was claimed to be on earth that exists today. People wrote about the supposed Jesus after the fact.
I say again, if reading and writing made a being superior, then why did Jesus not leave us his writings?
Why am I to believe someones claims of what the supposed Jesus said? If it was so damn important, I think a god could write it himself so no one could screw it up. As it is now, we have many various interpretations of what Jesus wanted due to lack of confirmed and consistent written words by what you claim were his scribes.
The Jewish people, wanting to be the master race above other people, wanted a "savior" to lead them to victory over the Roman empire who ruled them. It had nothing to do with a god, they wanted a super warrior.
Seeing how well the religious leaders controlled the Jewish people and how wealthy the religious leaders where the "new testament" was created to control the masses and gain great wealth.
Funny how in America where people make slurs about middle east people they think Jesus was a white or black man but not an Arab

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Their is not a word written in the days Jesus was claimed to be on earth that exists today. People wrote about the supposed Jesus after the fact.
Three reasons I think little was written until after His death.
1. There was little time. They traveled with Him and He taught constantly. They spent a lot of time figuring things out when He said it. His teachings were above most men.
2. His countenance was not that anyone should desire Him. He seemed a plain and simple man. He did not seem like the Son of God to most (at least what they assumed that would look like). They thought He was going to be a king and relieve them of Roman rule. They misunderstood His purpose was to save them in the next life, not this one.
3. They were afraid for their lives. They just watched their master killed and they knew He had the power to prevent it.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but our ability to think and reason makes us superior. Situational instances don't change that.
While we have greater ability than other animals we are not "superior" In fact the way we destroy the earth and wage wars I would say we are inferior in some ways.
In any ecosystem all organisms have a role and are needed. If not for insects we would be neck deep in trash. Bee spreading pollen working with plants to reproduce
We take our greater ability with out accepting the greater responsibility that comes with it. How is that superior?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists believe that non intelligent matter(dirt)spontaneously trasformed itself into intelligent matter.You need to find out how that process works.
Seems you are still at the nonintelligent stage
dumber than dirt
Evolutionists do not contend that dirt spontaneously transformed itself into intelligent matter. "You need to find out how that process works." And as always, mind your 9th commandment.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

When Muslims want to force every one to accept Islam and kill people who do not the christians say they are evil..
Yet the christian cult wants to force every one to accept Christianity and have killed people who did not.
When Muslims do what christians did they are evil but christians are good? HMMM

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post...
They just forget about all those hoaxes...
LOL
You mean like hundreds of the thousands of icons and artifacts from Catholic saints, wood from the Ark, and the Shroud of Turin? Those hoaxes? Or do you mean staged "miracles" like charismatic evangelists come up with?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the writings began immediately but didn't come forth until later? Life was different then. There were no publishers, and no printing presses. You don't know
What if some smart people who saw how well the religious leaders controlled the masses and heard how they killed some nut that spoke out against them wrote a new book making that nut a new god and used it to control the masses in other countries? Of course killing any one that did not convert or spoke out against the new god helped them to force this form of control on them.(why else did they kill people who did not convert?)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists do not contend that dirt spontaneously transformed itself into intelligent matter. "You need to find out how that process works." And as always, mind your 9th commandment.
The ten commandments do not apply to christians, they are for every one else.
Proof of this is how much christians lie, steal, rape, murder (If they did not slaughter people who did not convert no one would have become a christian)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
GWB,My point is that,the theory of Evolution has been refuted.
To me,it is not valid,My belief in God,based on my Personal experiences,has convinced me that GOD DOES EXIST.,as I stated in a posting to SPECTACLES...Which,if you are interested in reading,should be about 4 or 5 posts before this one...
You have a blessed day
Amen!
What we've experienced in God out weighs evilution by miles...
I would not be here is God were a fairy tale!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!
What we've experienced in God out weighs evilution by miles...
I would not be here is God were a fairy tale!
Your experience with god has been refuted.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
u do realize evolution like u want to take place happens over billions of years and that humans havent even been on the earth even close to a million yrs yet? i couldnt expect much more i guess cuz u still believe a god that says the world will last a thousand but not thousands of yrs and then try to validate the world lasting longer than 2 thousand yrs by sayin we dont know the time scale that god uses or something to the effect that a day is a thousand yrs to god and a thousand yrs is a day or some other crazy thing just so u can validate believing in the false prophecy that the holy bible is full of.
You guys keep telling us that... "It takes BILLIONS of years"....
No it doesn't really.... Micro evolution occurs in just a few generations (Hair color, nose size, dogs to poodles kind of thing)
Yet, all the bacterium generated over the recorded history of science... none has ever been anything other than what they are!
You over look the part of evilution that says a dino turned into a bird... what did that bird mate with? another dino that turned into a bird??? NO!
God saved me!
NOT the thought, or teaching, or upbringing, but God Himself!
Now I see the truth of life...
Life is choices, who will you serve?
I used to serve myself, and satan, doing what "I" wanted to do, or what I thought I wanted to do...
When you eyes are opened to the truth, you realize just how wrong you were...
That is what we hope, and pray to happen to all of you!
It would be great to have one of you saved, so you could
come on here, and speak the truth!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what do evolutionists believe man came from?
5 of 15 Questions for Evolutionists:
1. How did life originate?
2. How did the DNA code originate?
3. How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errors create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist?
4. Why is natural selection, a principle recognized by creationists, taught as ‘evolution’, as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life?
5. How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate?
http://creation.com/15-questions
Great post!
God Bless :-)
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You are told what to think, every one else is an outsider, every one else is evil, no one else understands, avoid the secular world, do not question, etc....
Christianity is a cult. Preachers jump from verse to verse so you can not grasp the concept of the verse, instead of answering hard questions they attack you for asking (you do not understand the bible is the same answer over and over)
Killing any one who is not a part of your religion, all of the Abrahamic religions are cults
Hahahahaa!
This coming from you???
We've read the Bible, and still agree with it (some more than others) You post snippets to make it sound ignorant...
Everything you post proves God, and the Bible!
Thanks again!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I "againit" and it has nothing to do with men having sex or any religious positions... I'm against it because what Ever argument you make for it is the same argument that can be made for 2 men and a woman, 3 women and a man or 10 men and 10 women getting married... Such a move on a Federal Level to redefine the term Marriage allows for the next bump in culture that leads to 4 men and a Goat once goats are given equal status by the PETA folks.... I have not a homophobic thought in my head, have gay friends and could give a crap about who does who in their private lives.... I would have Just as much of a issue with a Heterosexual Pride Parade as a Gay Pride Parade as I not only don't give a crap who does who I think it should not be made a public display...
But Marriage has been defined as One Man and One Woman and to redefine it allows for a toe in the door for three women and a horse....
GREAT POST!
As I don't care either, of who does what behind their own doors...
You redefine marriage, and the Sandusky's of the world will be free!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,681 - 94,700 of122,741
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

87 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min GOTP 138,662
What all thinka bout lena fugate? (May '09) 10 min Haha 8
Larry dye and Amy dye 12 min Heard 19
somepplarebitchs 17 min LOL 16
Atv wanted 21 min yes 2
Corey vs. Collins 1 hr Pop 56
Kim Helton in jail!! 1 hr mmm hmm 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••