Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,735)

Showing posts 94,681 - 94,700 of128,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what do evolutionists believe man came from?
5 of 15 Questions for Evolutionists:
1. How did life originate?
2. How did the DNA code originate?
3. How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errors create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist?
4. Why is natural selection, a principle recognized by creationists, taught as ‘evolution’, as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life?
5. How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate?
http://creation.com/15-questions
Great post!
God Bless :-)
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You are told what to think, every one else is an outsider, every one else is evil, no one else understands, avoid the secular world, do not question, etc....
Christianity is a cult. Preachers jump from verse to verse so you can not grasp the concept of the verse, instead of answering hard questions they attack you for asking (you do not understand the bible is the same answer over and over)
Killing any one who is not a part of your religion, all of the Abrahamic religions are cults
Hahahahaa!
This coming from you???
We've read the Bible, and still agree with it (some more than others) You post snippets to make it sound ignorant...
Everything you post proves God, and the Bible!
Thanks again!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I "againit" and it has nothing to do with men having sex or any religious positions... I'm against it because what Ever argument you make for it is the same argument that can be made for 2 men and a woman, 3 women and a man or 10 men and 10 women getting married... Such a move on a Federal Level to redefine the term Marriage allows for the next bump in culture that leads to 4 men and a Goat once goats are given equal status by the PETA folks.... I have not a homophobic thought in my head, have gay friends and could give a crap about who does who in their private lives.... I would have Just as much of a issue with a Heterosexual Pride Parade as a Gay Pride Parade as I not only don't give a crap who does who I think it should not be made a public display...
But Marriage has been defined as One Man and One Woman and to redefine it allows for a toe in the door for three women and a horse....
GREAT POST!
As I don't care either, of who does what behind their own doors...
You redefine marriage, and the Sandusky's of the world will be free!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no Eve, there was no garden of eden and there is no satan or devil.... That pretty much does away with that post....
You post something Great like above, and turn around and post this...
How do you "KNOW"... were you there?
IF God be real... Who's to say He couldn't do the things it says in the Bible???
Who's to say satan didn't make you believe what you are saying?
God is real!
Try working your theories from that point...
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing... Eggs were around when there was no land animals at all.. fish lay eggs... Amphibians lay eggs.. So unless you just set rational thought and logic aside Eggs came Millions of years if not Billions of years before dinosaurs, which laid eggs and one genetic line became chickens....
The point was...
What laid the egg!
Egg didn't just happen to be!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>.
When you eyes are opened to the truth, you realize just how wrong you were...
That is what we hope, and pray to happen to all of you!
It would be great to have one of you saved, so you could
come on here, and speak the truth!
I do not do drugs (including alcohol) so I can not deceive myself with your fantasies

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

The christian cult condemns and attacks every one who does not blindly follow. From Gay people to muslims to Atheist.
But when some one speaks out against the christian cult they cry about how mean we are and cry that we do not respect their religion.
You reap what you sow and what you have sowed is hate, violence, no respect for others, blood lust.
You freaks used to burn people alive and even now when you tell some one they are going to Hell you fantasize about them burning yet if I where to say that christians should be burned alive you would call me evil.
I would love to see your cult to be made a crime but you want to make personal freedom a crime.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Y
IF God be real......
We know that your god is not real.
Gandalf is real, there are a couple of old books that say he is real, he had magic, he turned water in to gold and flew through the sky. Gandalf died so we can live, he created the universe prove he did not, prove Gandalf is not real
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Have you concidered that you are just repeating what was said in the 70's about black and white marriage?
How about, marriage is not about anything except property and what 2, 3, 4 and a horse, people do in private that does not harm any one is (gross but) no one elses business?
But then... they stick it on TV.... Promote it with Parades... force kids to study it.... lock people up for knowing it's wrong!
Keep it behind your doors... NO Problem!
Right is right, and
Wrong is wrong!
Nair the twain shall meet!
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you test God? That seems incredibly arrogant of you since he is supposed to be your Master and you his Slave. Which, to be honest, sounds kind of kinky to me.
Oh, and here you go:
http://ncse.com/taking-action/project-steve
realit
The Scriptures State that God Said; If you DILIGENTLY seek me,you will find me
Based on that Statement,He is asking you to test him
For further illumination on that topic ,Read Malachi 3;10
and PHILLipians 4;6,7
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No we could not... Man is not perfectible and there will always be men that seek dominion over other men....
Well then...
Why do "WE" want you IN our club, and not outside?
Because "WE" were outside, and by Grace brought in!
Makes great sense!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>But then... they stick it on TV.... Promote it with Parades... force kids to study it.... lock people up for knowing it's wrong!
Keep it behind your doors... NO Problem!
Right is right, and
Wrong is wrong!
Nair the twain shall meet!
I know that they have demonstrations to fight for equal rights but please tell me how they force kids to study it (and how do you study it?) who has been locked up for saying that being gay is wrong?
LIE LIE LIE
Typical christian liar
THIS is why I hate christians, they lie

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You guys keep telling us that... "It takes BILLIONS of years"....
No it doesn't really.... Micro evolution occurs in just a few generations (Hair color, nose size, dogs to poodles kind of thing)
Yet, all the bacterium generated over the recorded history of science... none has ever been anything other than what they are!
You over look the part of evilution that says a dino turned into a bird... what did that bird mate with? another dino that turned into a bird??? NO!
God saved me!
NOT the thought, or teaching, or upbringing, but God Himself!
Now I see the truth of life...
Life is choices, who will you serve?
I used to serve myself, and satan, doing what "I" wanted to do, or what I thought I wanted to do...
When you eyes are opened to the truth, you realize just how wrong you were...
That is what we hope, and pray to happen to all of you!
It would be great to have one of you saved, so you could
come on here, and speak the truth!
THANK YOU! Every post you make proves that there is no god

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>GREAT POST!
As I don't care either, of who does what behind their own doors...
You redefine marriage, and the Sandusky's of the world will be free!
THANK YOU! Every post you make proves that there is no god

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Well then...
Why do "WE" want you IN our club, and not outside?
Because "WE" were outside, and by Grace brought in!
Makes great sense!
If every one was a sheep than who would you be above? If every one was a christian who would you be better than?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scriptures State that God Said; If you DILIGENTLY seek me,you will find me
Based on that Statement,He is asking you to test him
For further illumination on that topic ,Read Malachi 3;10
and PHILLipians 4;6,7
The bible, a book written by men, also said that you are to rejoice as you kill innocent babies

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

The earth is still here, please post the bible verses that say you are not under the law but under grace.
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Please post the bible verses that say that you are not under the law, but under grace.
The earth is still here
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!
What we've experienced in God out weighs evilution by miles...
I would not be here is God were a fairy tale!
But the FACT is, Jesus might look at the Theory of Evolution and agree with it just as he disagreed with Herod, the Pharisees and the Sadducees. Your only aversion to ToE is based solely on agreeing with the clergy and "defending" the opening pages of the Bible. If you boil it down to the nitty-gritty, Jesus did NOT worship the Torah, yet the majority of Christians worship the Bible - and don't even recognize it.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
But the FACT is, Jesus might look at the Theory of Evolution and agree with it just as he disagreed with Herod, the Pharisees and the Sadducees. Your only aversion to ToE is based solely on agreeing with the clergy and "defending" the opening pages of the Bible. If you boil it down to the nitty-gritty, Jesus did NOT worship the Torah, yet the majority of Christians worship the Bible - and don't even recognize it.
Or follow the bible, or even read the bible.
MOST christians are more worried about social status, wealth, being above every one else than they are about some god or the bible.
Ever notice that when a christian kills some one in a car accident they say "we are good christians" and when the pastor or youth minister gets some 13 year old girl pregnant they say that they have prayed to god for forgiveness blah blah blah

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,681 - 94,700 of128,055
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Nutz 144,998
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 4 hr Poles 26,170
Barbourville topix 4 hr Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 5 hr Just Looking 1
Truddy 5 hr Just Looking 3
looking for a mini pot belly pig 6 hr Shy 3
KC Basketball Coach 6 hr Panther Fanz 71
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 7 hr onefoehim 390
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs