Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,916

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#99165 Apr 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Not trying to hurt anyone's feelings!
Just want you to open your eyes to the truth!
If sperm hits an egg, and goes un-interrupted... it
becomes a Baby!
Killing one before it comes out... it's still a baby...
A Dead Baby!
What do you believe?
So you have not once opened a biology book above fifth grade.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#99166 Apr 9, 2013
nothing makes something wrote:
<quoted text>
Open the bible to the New Testament ,everything written in red is a direct quote of Jesus . No one is asking or making you or your family,or your friends believe in God. so why care if others do. you can believe what you want ,but do not tell lies about the bible or God. You can chose any religion or no religion ,or worship the devil,or worship evolution. your choice . Blessings my friend.
.... and you know this because ....?

If you say "faith" then you don't know what knowledge is.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#99167 Apr 9, 2013
<quoted text>
Open the bible to the New Testament ,everything written in red is a direct quote of Jesus . No one is asking or making you or your family,or your friends believe in God. so why care if others do. you can believe what you want ,but do not tell lies about the bible or God. You can chose any religion or no religion ,or worship the devil,or worship evolution. your choice . Blessings my friend.

Any time I say something about the bible I post the verse so you can read it so do not call me a liar when I post the whole verse.
As for worshiping the devil, do you think that people who kill animals for blood ritual sacrifice, rejoice as they are killing babies, slaughter whole towns but keep the women to rape are devil worshipers?
Than you think that christians are devil worshipers because that is what YOUR god demanded.
kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
Deuteronomy 20:14
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.(Isaiah 13:15-18
Psalm 137:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
YOUR god is the evil devil, YOU are the devil worshiper.
You can say that you are good all that you want but your bible proves that you worship evil.
Actions tell the truth
curious

Ocoee, FL

#99169 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Ther has not been a war fought to PROTECT us since WW2. And christians love war. proven over and over. jehovah is the devil and your jesus said that you can not come to him unless you HATE your father, mother, brother, etc
Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
It is true,Jesus said those words and on the surface they appear as shocking and a total contradiction to his teachings.
Let us put things into perspective and see if there is information in the Bible that will clear up this contradiction.
Jesus taught in parables and at the time, he was teaching a crowd that had gathered to hear his teachings,
the key lies in the wording of"hate his own LIFE also. He did not say ,Hate yourself also
I can hate my life,due to the reason that,based on the fact that I lead my life according to my human nature,my life is not fullfilled.
Human nature has many bad components,Wecheat,we lie,we are envious,we steal,we are disrespectful of others,insolent,proud,boasters ,unmerciful,full of anger,unforgiving." Apostle Paul in Romans 3;28.32
In closing he states" He can not be my disciple,
In other words,those who live according to their human nature can not please God and cannot be Jesus's disciples. So neither Christ nor God hate the individual,they hate the manner in which they conduct their lives.

Now if we go to
Matthew 12:47-50
New King James Version (NKJV)

47 Then one said to Him,“Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You.”

48 But He answered and said to the one who told Him,
“Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” 49 And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said,“Here are My mother and My brothers! 50
For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother
By the way, Thanks for accepting my apology.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#99170 Apr 9, 2013
correction,Paragraph before" NOw if we goto mathew 12;47.50 should read
In other words,those who live according to their human nature can not please God and cannot be Jesus's disciples. So neither Christ nor God hate the individual,they hate the manner in which we conduct our lives.
Nothing makes nothing

Morehead, KY

#99172 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>
Any time I say something about the bible I post the verse so you can read it so do not call me a liar when I post the whole verse.
As for worshiping the devil, do you think that people who kill animals for blood ritual sacrifice, rejoice as they are killing babies, slaughter whole towns but keep the women to rape are devil worshipers?
Than you think that christians are devil worshipers because that is what YOUR god demanded.
kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.
Deuteronomy 20:14
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.(Isaiah 13:15-18
Psalm 137:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
YOUR god is the evil devil, YOU are the devil worshiper.
You can say that you are good all that you want but your bible proves that you worship evil.
Actions tell the truth
Clearly everything that Moses and others done was not always God's will. For Ex: "Jesus replied, "Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended."( If Moses allowed this ,even though it was against God's law ,he could have allowed many things not of God.
The ten commandments ,tell us not to kill. Jesus through out the new Testament criticizes and condemns many of the things the jews did.
The very reason Jesus came to earth was to help the Jews to stop a of the things they were doing. EX: The people wanted to stone the woman caught in adultery,but Jesus would not allow them to do it . John Chapter 8 verses 3-12 I love the book of Psalms and the new testament .Jesus is the true image of a loving God.
Question

Morehead, KY

#99173 Apr 9, 2013
I have a question why do you guys spend so much time reading bible verses ,just to argue? Why does it trouble you what another's belief is ? Evolution is something I do not believe ,but I care less if you want & do. I do not want to stop you,nor do I bother writing example after example on the foolish of it.
Why ,have you all asked yourself ??
Question

Morehead, KY

#99176 Apr 9, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
My childhood sucked growing up in a religious cult. Why wouldn't I want to try and help some other kid going through the same thing I had too? Thinking God was going to kill me because I didn't want to serve him is not a good feeling.
If Christians quit shoving their beliefs down everyone's throats then I'm sure a lot of us would stop complaining about it.
I feel sorry for you then;I went to Sunday school and church and I loved it ! I knew that God was good,and he loved me. We had youht group which taught us to be kind to everyone ,do not cuss,do not smoke,do not get drunk,do not take drugs,do not kill,do not lie,do not steal-All which helped me live a good and happy life. Never been in trouble,never been in jail. 65 and still loving church,love singing praise and worship songs,having dinners at church,playing ball games and having friends -What is wrong with all this?
kay

London, KY

#99177 Apr 9, 2013
they should teach it in school
GWB

Roseville, CA

#99179 Apr 9, 2013
Question wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel sorry for you then;I went to Sunday school and church and I loved it ! I knew that God was good,and he loved me. We had youht group which taught us to be kind to everyone ,do not cuss,do not smoke,do not get drunk,do not take drugs,do not kill,do not lie,do not steal-All which helped me live a good and happy life. Never been in trouble,never been in jail. 65 and still loving church,love singing praise and worship songs,having dinners at church,playing ball games and having friends -What is wrong with all this?
That's interesting, any christian cults I should stay away from? Can you list them?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#99180 Apr 9, 2013
kay wrote:
they should teach it in school
Brother Micah teaches at a university.

&fe ature=related

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#99181 Apr 9, 2013

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#99182 Apr 10, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true,Jesus said those words and on the surface they appear as shocking and a total contradiction to his teachings.
Let us put things into perspective and see if there is information in the Bible that will clear up this contradiction.
Jesus taught in parables and at the time, he was teaching a crowd that had gathered to hear his teachings,
the key lies in the wording of"hate his own LIFE also. He did not say ,Hate yourself also
I can hate my life,due to the reason that,based on the fact that I lead my life according to my human nature,my life is not fullfilled.
Human nature has many bad components,Wecheat,we lie,we are envious,we steal,we are disrespectful of others,insolent,proud,boasters ,unmerciful,full of anger,unforgiving." Apostle Paul in Romans 3;28.32
In closing he states" He can not be my disciple,
In other words,those who live according to their human nature can not please God and cannot be Jesus's disciples. So neither Christ nor God hate the individual,they hate the manner in which they conduct their lives.
Now if we go to
Matthew 12:47-50
New King James Version (NKJV)
47 Then one said to Him,“Look, Your mother and Your brothers are standing outside, seeking to speak with You.”
48 But He answered and said to the one who told Him,
“Who is My mother and who are My brothers?” 49 And He stretched out His hand toward His disciples and said,“Here are My mother and My brothers! 50
For whoever does the will of My Father in heaven is My brother and sister and mother
By the way, Thanks for accepting my apology.
I love apologetics.

Jesus tells us to hate our parents, and you find some acrobatic trick of language to make it seem as though he didn't REALLY say that.

Look, even if we interpret the Bible the way you suggest (and remember, you are interpreting it with your rational mind here, this is not God talking to you it is you applying reason to a text), then it still gives us a terrible message: we are depraved and wicked and unworthy.

I reject that message. Humans are flawed, but we are what we are. We should embrace our lives. We should live to the fullest, always with a mind to do the most good for others and avoid doing bad to them.

I love my mother and I reject this idea that I have to choose God over my own family.

F*ck that noise. Keep your God. I'll be over here playing with my kids, drinking good beer, and enjoying this life while I have it.

Location hidden

#99183 Apr 10, 2013
Question wrote:
I have a question why do you guys spend so much time reading bible verses ,just to argue? Why does it trouble you what another's belief is ? Evolution is something I do not believe ,but I care less if you want & do. I do not want to stop you,nor do I bother writing example after example on the foolish of it.
Sure.

It matter to me what others believe because we live in a representative democracy. You vote. You vote for people who can and do affect my family by making laws. I want those who make laws for me to be as intelligent as possible and as secular as possible.

If you are a very religious person then chances are you prefer to vote for people who also believe similar to the way you believe. You stated that you reject the Theory of Evolution, and probably the idea of evolution itself. That tells me you are scientifically illiterate and possibly anti-intellectual. So you are going to be prone to vote for people who share those ideas. Bachamann, Santorum, Rick Perry, and other idiots who wouldn't know the business end of a book if you smacked them in the face with it.

I read a quote from an author, I can't remember who it was. He said it best, I think. He said he cares what others believe because he does not want to live in a nation of stupid people.

I agree totally.

Location hidden

#99184 Apr 10, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Both were bad.
- a Christian
Not regarding this post, but a previous one you made. I think you asked me why I referred to Christianity as a "death cult". I didn't reply and I can't find the post.

So, the use of the word cult is hyperbolic. I realize that. Cults tend to refer to smaller groups that exhibit far more extreme behavior. It is a loosely defined word, though. And the typical definition does not exclude Christianity, except in the aspect of size and degree.

Cults are groups that adhere to a strict belief system, have charismatic or powerful leaders that tend not to be questioned, discourage seeking information in 'the world', and separate people from their non-member family and friends.

The LDS and other faiths do these things to one degree or another. I know a couple who joined an Evangelical church and more-or-less distanced themselves from everyone else. We used to hang out and be friends, now they won't even darken our door. Their life is structured around the church's activities and they homeschool.

That's a cult.

It's a death cult because the central idea of Christianity is to live forever. It is obsessed with death. It's central figure is a man who was killed and it focuses on his death. I've been to a lot of churches and rarely did I ever hear a preacher talk about life. It was always about this march to death and what comes after it.

Death cult.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#99185 Apr 10, 2013
Question wrote:
Because arguing on the internet is fun.

Location hidden

#99186 Apr 10, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what they say, evolution works in mysterious ways. Besides, since evolution created everything, who are we to question it? Not believing in or even questioning evolution will send you to a place where you will be frozen and tortured for all eternity.
Sounds pretty FN stupid don't it?
I've been trying for over a week now to get him to recognize how illogical his argument is. Maybe you'll have better luck....maybe

Location hidden

#99187 Apr 10, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I love apologetics.
Jesus tells us to hate our parents, and you find some acrobatic trick of language to make it seem as though he didn't REALLY say that.
Look, even if we interpret the Bible the way you suggest (and remember, you are interpreting it with your rational mind here, this is not God talking to you it is you applying reason to a text), then it still gives us a terrible message: we are depraved and wicked and unworthy.
I reject that message. Humans are flawed, but we are what we are. We should embrace our lives. We should live to the fullest, always with a mind to do the most good for others and avoid doing bad to them.
I love my mother and I reject this idea that I have to choose God over my own family.
F*ck that noise. Keep your God. I'll be over here playing with my kids, drinking good beer, and enjoying this life while I have it.
I'll drink to that!
firm

Emmalena, KY

#99189 Apr 10, 2013
Religous values should be taught at home, not at school. There's a very good reason for seperation of church and state. Read your history. I stand firm for seperation of church and state.

Location hidden

#99190 Apr 10, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Not regarding this post, but a previous one you made. I think you asked me why I referred to Christianity as a "death cult". I didn't reply and I can't find the post.

So, the use of the word cult is hyperbolic. I realize that. Cults tend to refer to smaller groups that exhibit far more extreme behavior. It is a loosely defined word, though. And the typical definition does not exclude Christianity, except in the aspect of size and degree.

Cults are groups that adhere to a strict belief system, have charismatic or powerful leaders that tend not to be questioned, discourage seeking information in 'the world', and separate people from their non-member family and friends.

The LDS and other faiths do these things to one degree or another. I know a couple who joined an Evangelical church and more-or-less distanced themselves from everyone else. We used to hang out and be friends, now they won't even darken our door. Their life is structured around the church's activities and they homeschool.

That's a cult.

It's a death cult because the central idea of Christianity is to live forever. It is obsessed with death. It's central figure is a man who was killed and it focuses on his death. I've been to a lot of churches and rarely did I ever hear a preacher talk about life. It was always about this march to death and what comes after it.

Death cult.
You won't hear the LDS church focus on His death that much. We focus more on the living Christ while acknowledging the atonement and death that was necessary for salvation. That's why we don't use crosses on our spires.

Most of the time when you see people distance themselves from old friends when they become more religious, it isn't because their church told them to stay away. It's usually because they are changing their lifestyle and don't want to be around things that do not invoke the Spirit.

And our church is encouraged to pray about every aspect of our religion and receive their own answer. And if there is someone that disagrees with a decision, there is a process to put that on the table privately, or publicly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rickie smith from1304 24 min Exfemale 12
who's the best lay from the creek 43 min coal dust 1
Danielle smith 47 min django 1
Obama and the Democrats inciting violence again... 1 hr Jack 4
does anyone know Danielle smith 2 hr django 1
terry smith from the creek 3 hr answering 5
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 3 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 4 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
CBS Sports 5:01 AM
Signs of Johnny Manziel's struggles evident in poor practice outings
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal