Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,163

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#99121 Apr 9, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>But then... they stick it on TV.... Promote it with Parades... force kids to study it.... lock people up for knowing it's wrong!
Keep it behind your doors... NO Problem!
Right is right, and
Wrong is wrong!
Nair the twain shall meet!
I know that they have demonstrations to fight for equal rights but please tell me how they force kids to study it (and how do you study it?) who has been locked up for saying that being gay is wrong?
LIE LIE LIE
Typical christian liar
THIS is why I hate christians, they lie

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99122 Apr 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You guys keep telling us that... "It takes BILLIONS of years"....
No it doesn't really.... Micro evolution occurs in just a few generations (Hair color, nose size, dogs to poodles kind of thing)
Yet, all the bacterium generated over the recorded history of science... none has ever been anything other than what they are!
You over look the part of evilution that says a dino turned into a bird... what did that bird mate with? another dino that turned into a bird??? NO!
God saved me!
NOT the thought, or teaching, or upbringing, but God Himself!
Now I see the truth of life...
Life is choices, who will you serve?
I used to serve myself, and satan, doing what "I" wanted to do, or what I thought I wanted to do...
When you eyes are opened to the truth, you realize just how wrong you were...
That is what we hope, and pray to happen to all of you!
It would be great to have one of you saved, so you could
come on here, and speak the truth!
THANK YOU! Every post you make proves that there is no god

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99123 Apr 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>GREAT POST!
As I don't care either, of who does what behind their own doors...
You redefine marriage, and the Sandusky's of the world will be free!
THANK YOU! Every post you make proves that there is no god

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99124 Apr 9, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Well then...
Why do "WE" want you IN our club, and not outside?
Because "WE" were outside, and by Grace brought in!
Makes great sense!
If every one was a sheep than who would you be above? If every one was a christian who would you be better than?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99125 Apr 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The Scriptures State that God Said; If you DILIGENTLY seek me,you will find me
Based on that Statement,He is asking you to test him
For further illumination on that topic ,Read Malachi 3;10
and PHILLipians 4;6,7
The bible, a book written by men, also said that you are to rejoice as you kill innocent babies

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99126 Apr 9, 2013
The earth is still here, please post the bible verses that say you are not under the law but under grace.
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99127 Apr 9, 2013
Please post the bible verses that say that you are not under the law, but under grace.
The earth is still here
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#99128 Apr 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!
What we've experienced in God out weighs evilution by miles...
I would not be here is God were a fairy tale!
But the FACT is, Jesus might look at the Theory of Evolution and agree with it just as he disagreed with Herod, the Pharisees and the Sadducees. Your only aversion to ToE is based solely on agreeing with the clergy and "defending" the opening pages of the Bible. If you boil it down to the nitty-gritty, Jesus did NOT worship the Torah, yet the majority of Christians worship the Bible - and don't even recognize it.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99129 Apr 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
But the FACT is, Jesus might look at the Theory of Evolution and agree with it just as he disagreed with Herod, the Pharisees and the Sadducees. Your only aversion to ToE is based solely on agreeing with the clergy and "defending" the opening pages of the Bible. If you boil it down to the nitty-gritty, Jesus did NOT worship the Torah, yet the majority of Christians worship the Bible - and don't even recognize it.
Or follow the bible, or even read the bible.
MOST christians are more worried about social status, wealth, being above every one else than they are about some god or the bible.
Ever notice that when a christian kills some one in a car accident they say "we are good christians" and when the pastor or youth minister gets some 13 year old girl pregnant they say that they have prayed to god for forgiveness blah blah blah
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99130 Apr 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Some way yes , some ways no... Drop you off in the middle of the ocean and the Dolphins have it all over you.... Stick you in the the arctic tundra in December and the Musk Ox is by far your Superior.. Eagles see better, dogs can smell a trace trail hours later, A horse can run faster..... But rabbits taste better, I think... Never tried roasted human though.....
"Never tried roasted human though"
Thank God!
LOL
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99131 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Sandusky is a christian. And he did what all christians love to do
Liar!
Thanks again!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99132 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your experience with god has been refuted.
Liar!
Thanks again!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99133 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
The christian cult condemns and attacks every one who does not blindly follow. From Gay people to muslims to Atheist.
But when some one speaks out against the christian cult they cry about how mean we are and cry that we do not respect their religion.
You reap what you sow and what you have sowed is hate, violence, no respect for others, blood lust.
You freaks used to burn people alive and even now when you tell some one they are going to Hell you fantasize about them burning yet if I where to say that christians should be burned alive you would call me evil.
I would love to see your cult to be made a crime but you want to make personal freedom a crime.
Liar!
Thanks again!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99134 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>We know that your god is not real.
Gandalf is real, there are a couple of old books that say he is real, he had magic, he turned water in to gold and flew through the sky. Gandalf died so we can live, he created the universe prove he did not, prove Gandalf is not real
Liar!
Thanks again!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99135 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>THANK YOU! Every post you make proves that there is no god
Liar!
Thanks again!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99136 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If every one was a sheep than who would you be above? If every one was a christian who would you be better than?
That's the point...
I don't want to be better than anyone!
That's one of YOUR/Satan's lies!
But please continue to prove the Bible true!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99137 Apr 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus Quoted Genesis...
In the beginning, He (God) Created them (man/woman) Male, and Female!
So... No! Jesus wouldn't say that!
We don't worship the Bible... We worship God!
The Bible tells us what God wants from us in historical context!
We recognize a lot more that you think we do...
especially now that our eyes are open!
Praying the same for you!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99138 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Or follow the bible, or even read the bible.
MOST christians are more worried about social status, wealth, being above every one else than they are about some god or the bible.
Ever notice that when a christian kills some one in a car accident they say "we are good christians" and when the pastor or youth minister gets some 13 year old girl pregnant they say that they have prayed to god for forgiveness blah blah blah
Liar!
Thanks again!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99139 Apr 9, 2013
You all have a great day!
May you find truth!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#99140 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your experience with god has been refuted.
By whom and how?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
teena Marie mills 32 min infoman 9
Cody Carnes 54 min Proof 7
Emily Collins 2 hr john 3
where the heck is brandon brayson? (Apr '11) 4 hr truth 7
jason hughes 4 hr whoa 12
Linda Darlene Doolin (Jan '09) 4 hr barberette5657 3
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 5 hr Darren 226
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 6 hr Just a fact 22
praying it's all a lie Thu Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52