Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,729)

Showing posts 94,561 - 94,580 of127,808
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Have you concidered that you are just repeating what was said in the 70's about black and white marriage?
How about, marriage is not about anything except property and what 2, 3, 4 and a horse, people do in private that does not harm any one is (gross but) no one elses business?
Yes I have Considered that and have tossed it to the side as race baiting shinola.... So you are taking the View that the Federal Government should via Law sanction the concept of Marriage of an man and his goat.... As for Property we have Contract Law to cover it's transference...
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I figure you mean Julius....
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-lZCWakowpTA/TYZOy59...
There are many statues, mosaics and artist drawings of him done during the time of his life by people that wrote and spoke of him daily...
Jesus on the other hand during his supposed life, when we find writings of how the crops did, statues of people, graffiti telling where the local whore houses are and who was the best gladiator, We find not a mention, not a scribble on a wall, not a word until 20 years after he is said to have died and even that is a not a specific mention of the man..
What did Herod look like?
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I should have included that but it requires a high pressure gradient again requiring pumps to force flow and has limitations on pass through quantities but I don't consider it as filtering I guess because of the chemical conversions to strip heavy ions.. But good catch as most call it filtering, but not capable of producing the Billions of gals of fresh water needed or at a cost that could be afforded...
Reverse osmosis.

Because Vegas is gonna be sucking dry dust air, at the rate Caliphonybrokia is hogging up all the Colorado river water.

On second thought---crops to feed the masses or less neon spawrkle spawrkle glitter waste of electricity light in Vegas.

No braina required on that one!
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote the above quoted response in reference to this question from Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is something else that is not original but no evolutionist can answer: Which came first the Chicken or the egg?
Quantummist agreed with your response. Ehich is not surprising,since most Evolutionists,agree with that theory,The egg came first,but a recent scientific experiment claims otherwise
"SCIENTISTS have cracked one of the world’s oldest riddles – which came first, the chicken or the egg?
A supercomputer gave the team from Sheffield and Warwick Universities the answer – the chicken
Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features...
So,Science has now debunked the theory held by many Evolutionists that the Egg came before the chicken.In the process they spent many,many hours conducting an experiment that confirms what is taught in the Bible
Gen1;20 And God said,Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that HATH LIFE and the fowl that may fly above the Earth in the open firmament of Heaven.
But ,let's go further.Prior to 1982 unbelievers ridiculed the Biblical Fact that God created man from the dust in the Ground.
In 1982 Nasa confirmed that the elements found in earth are also found in the human body..
Of course,now,those who deny the existence of God,may try to develop another unsustainable theory,as to how the accuracy of these Biblical facts have nothing to do with God,and will continue to deny his existence
Egg came first,'eggsperts' agree

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/05/26/ch...

A simple view is that at whatever point the threshold was crossed and the first chicken was hatched, it had to hatch from an egg. The type of bird that laid that egg, by definition, was on the other side of the threshold and therefore not a chicken—it may be viewed as a proto-chicken or ancestral chicken of some sort, from which a genetic variation or mutation occurred that resulted in the egg being laid containing the embryo of the first chicken. In this light the argument is settled and the egg had to have come first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_e...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have Considered that and have tossed it to the side as race baiting shinola.... So you are taking the View that the Federal Government should via Law sanction the concept of Marriage of an man and his goat.... As for Property we have Contract Law to cover it's transference...
No, I am calling bull that that would happen. From a legal point of view what does it matter whom some one declares to be their spouse?
Marriage is about money and property, a legal situation. Nothing more
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Which Came First - The Chicken or the Egg?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No, I am calling bull that that would happen. From a legal point of view what does it matter whom some one declares to be their spouse?
Some farmers would like to marry the farm animals and get all the tax exemptions they needed. Maybe a rabbit farmer?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand how Creationists can make these types of nutty claims. "Factless theory"?? Have you ever cracked the spine of a biology book that didn't come from a church's printing press?
And you lead with a terrible false equivocation. Your characterization of the "debate" in science over this issue is just flatly WRONG. There are some people who have scientific credentials who reject evolution. True. Most of them are not biologists and do not have expertise in the field of biology. A few of them do. But to compare that gaggle of idiots to the f*cking OVERWHELMING community of disparate, professional scientists who not only accept the theory but are constantly challenging it with new information...that's a bold faced lie, dude.
Why are Creationist so dishonest?? It's infuriating.
You are infuriated because you are misinformed.
Here is a very very small list of Biologists who have refuted Evolution;Anderson, KevinArmstrong, HaroldAllan, JamesAnderson, KevinArmstrong, HaroldArndt,AlexanderAustin, StevenBarnes, ThomasBatten, DonBaumgardner, JohnBergman, JerryBoudreaux, EdwardByl, JohnCatchpoole, DavidChadwick, ArthurChaffin, EugeneChittick, DonaldCimbala, JohnClausen, BenCole, SidCook, MelvinCumming, KenCuozzo, JackDarrall,NancyArndt, AlexanderAustin, StevenBarnes, ThomasBatten, DonBaumgardner, JohnBergman, JerryBoudreaux, EdwardByl, JohnCatchpoole, DavidChadwick, ArthurChaffin, EugeneChittick, DonaldCimbala, JohnClausen, BenCole, SidCook, MelvinCumming, KenCuozzo, Jack Darrall, Nancy
Shai maeri,Roger Patterson,and there are many,many more,
What you call factless theory,is based on your opinion,based on the fact that you don't believe in God.
My faith is not based on factless theory, as I have posted previously,it is your opinion that is based on factless theory.
Since YOU have not tested GOD"S word,because to you,it's nonsense,then your opinion is null and void,...factless
Those of us who have tested God according to his Statement
" IF you DILIGENTLY seek me,you will find me" have found his word to be accurate and true.So we base our faith and belief on those facts,not on someones opinion on a subject that they are unable to understand.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You are infuriated because you are misinformed.
Here is a very very small list of Biologists who have refuted Evolution;Anderson, KevinArmstrong, HaroldAllan, JamesAnderson, KevinArmstrong, HaroldArndt,AlexanderAustin, StevenBarnes, ThomasBatten, DonBaumgardner, JohnBergman, JerryBoudreaux, EdwardByl, JohnCatchpoole, DavidChadwick, ArthurChaffin, EugeneChittick, DonaldCimbala, JohnClausen, BenCole, SidCook, MelvinCumming, KenCuozzo, JackDarrall,NancyArndt, AlexanderAustin, StevenBarnes, ThomasBatten, DonBaumgardner, JohnBergman, JerryBoudreaux, EdwardByl, JohnCatchpoole, DavidChadwick, ArthurChaffin, EugeneChittick, DonaldCimbala, JohnClausen, BenCole, SidCook, MelvinCumming, KenCuozzo, Jack Darrall, Nancy
Shai maeri,Roger Patterson,and there are many,many more,
What you call factless theory,is based on your opinion,based on the fact that you don't believe in God.
My faith is not based on factless theory, as I have posted previously,it is your opinion that is based on factless theory.
Since YOU have not tested GOD"S word,because to you,it's nonsense,then your opinion is null and void,...factless
Those of us who have tested God according to his Statement
" IF you DILIGENTLY seek me,you will find me" have found his word to be accurate and true.So we base our faith and belief on those facts,not on someones opinion on a subject that they are unable to understand.
Than please share those FACTS. Not some made up crap or non-sense but verifiable FACTS. No bible verses, you can not prove the bible by reading the bible any more than I can prove Santa Claus by reading "twas the night before christmas"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Herod look like?
http://www.mst.edu.au/course_outlines/Herod.j...

http://fontes.lstc.edu/~rklein/images/selfbar...

Next.....

But you of Course Miss the Point.... If in History we hear stories of a person and we look hard for any mention of them, any note of their existence During the Time Frame they are said to have lived we call it Myth... When we look for a couple of thousand year for evidence of someone and cannot find a mention from the time in question, cannot find a carving, pot, clay tablet, graffiti on a wall, mention is a letter home until 20 to 40 years After the time they are said to live we do not Just Believe the fellow was a tall white guy with a beard because someone 30 years later said so...
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Than please share those FACTS. Not some made up crap or non-sense but verifiable FACTS. No bible verses, you can not prove the bible by reading the bible any more than I can prove Santa Claus by reading "twas the night before christmas"
Because YOU don't believe in God,then it is impossible for you to believe what God can accomplish.
Therefore when God says'If you diligently seek me,you will find me"
is nonsense to you.The problem is that because you don't believe,you are unwilling to put his word to the test,to determine it's validity.
I did not come to a Knowledge of God,simply by reading the bible,I came to a knowledge of God,by reading the Bible AND,most importantly,applying it's teachings,inorder to verify their validity. Thereby my belief and faith,
Faith and belief,is not something that can be transferred from one individual to another. I can only tell you as to how I came by my faith, God tells you how you may come to know him.
If you want to know about a God and think that you can devise a man made way in order to validate his existence,you will fail in your attempts.The natural is unable to explain that which is supernatural.
If one is unwilling to test the validity of God's word,then one is unqualified to pass judgement as to whether it is or isn't valid.
I base my beliefs and Faith on facts,tested them and found them to be true.
So,I do have a factual basis on which I base my conclusions,you,on the other hand,have not tested them,
So,on what basis,are you denying the basis for MY FAITH?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No, I am calling bull that that would happen. From a legal point of view what does it matter whom some one declares to be their spouse?
I disagree .. using your logic then we could have 20 men marry 10 women and all be eligible for one guys social security or Disabled Veterans benefit packages.... I have no issue with a Social Contract with specifications held under Contract and Property Law provisions on the book... But Marriage is more than that... It's a Individual Commitment on much more than Property Grounds and when it is redefined from it's historical societal definition then it becomes as you say Nothing but a Contract Law construct and devolves the society as a whole... Not my Belief, My Opinion based on evidence in past history of collapsed cultures...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Are there any fossils of half human, half chicken creatures? I've see statues of them on certain buildings.
Not that I'm aware

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Slippery Slopes are one of the Best Arguments on issues... I can show many a slippery slope that started as a toe in the door law or policy that has become ominous....

a year from now, 10 years from now, 15 years from now after Marriage sets the precedent as being two women or two men along comes a Mormon with 3 wives and files for a marriage lic ... His Argument before the court that changed the definition of marriage is ....

"Nonsense. Marriage is about consenting adults entering into a contract that is both legally and socially binding. This impending change will not affect that fact. This is just an acknowledgement that biology and reality do not care about tradition and sometimes traditions must change in order to make a more moral world."

Then in a few more years after goats are given Rights... It's an ugly slope...
I hope not

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Egg came first,'eggsperts' agree

http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/science/05/26/ch...

A simple view is that at whatever point the threshold was crossed and the first chicken was hatched, it had to hatch from an egg. The type of bird that laid that egg, by definition, was on the other side of the threshold and therefore not a chicken—it may be viewed as a proto-chicken or ancestral chicken of some sort, from which a genetic variation or mutation occurred that resulted in the egg being laid containing the embryo of the first chicken. In this light the argument is settled and the egg had to have come first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_e...
Sounds like total speculation to me

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Because YOU don't believe in God,then it is impossible for you to believe what God can accomplish.
Therefore when God says'If you diligently seek me,you will find me"
is nonsense to you.The problem is that because you don't believe,you are unwilling to put his word to the test,to determine it's validity.
I did not come to a Knowledge of God,simply by reading the bible,I came to a knowledge of God,by reading the Bible AND,most importantly,applying it's teachings,inorder to verify their validity. Thereby my belief and faith,
Faith and belief,is not something that can be transferred from one individual to another. I can only tell you as to how I came by my faith, God tells you how you may come to know him.
If you want to know about a God and think that you can devise a man made way in order to validate his existence,you will fail in your attempts.The natural is unable to explain that which is supernatural.
If one is unwilling to test the validity of God's word,then one is unqualified to pass judgement as to whether it is or isn't valid.
I base my beliefs and Faith on facts,tested them and found them to be true.
So,I do have a factual basis on which I base my conclusions,you,on the other hand,have not tested them,
So,on what basis,are you denying the basis for MY FAITH?
You said that you had facts, FACTS. But now your facts are faith? So basically you just say anything and it all comes back to
"I believe" just like little kids believe in Santa Claus he is real and who are you to question the children who have faith, right?
You have lied one time too many. You have zero credibility now.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.mst.edu.au/course_outlines/Herod.j...
http://fontes.lstc.edu/~rklein/images/selfbar...
Next.....
But you of Course Miss the Point.... If in History we hear stories of a person and we look hard for any mention of them, any note of their existence During the Time Frame they are said to have lived we call it Myth... When we look for a couple of thousand year for evidence of someone and cannot find a mention from the time in question, cannot find a carving, pot, clay tablet, graffiti on a wall, mention is a letter home until 20 to 40 years After the time they are said to live we do not Just Believe the fellow was a tall white guy with a beard because someone 30 years later said so...
Reporting on Emperor Nero's decision to blame the Christians for the fire that had destroyed Rome in A.D. 64, the Roman historian Tacitus wrote:
Nero fastened the guilt ... on a class hated for their abominations, called Christians by the populace. Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of ... Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judaea, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome....5
What all can we learn from this ancient (and rather unsympathetic) reference to Jesus and the early Christians? Notice, first, that Tacitus reports Christians derived their name from a historical person called Christus (from the Latin), or Christ. He is said to have "suffered the extreme penalty," obviously alluding to the Roman method of execution known as crucifixion. This is said to have occurred during the reign of Tiberius and by the sentence of Pontius Pilatus. This confirms much of what the Gospels tell us about the death of Jesus.

Cornelius Tacitus(AD55-120) Roman historian: Most acclaimed works are the Annals and theHistories. The Annals cover the period from Augustus Caesar's death in AD14 to the death of the Emperor Nero in AD68, while the Historiesbegin after Nero's death and proceed to the reign of Domitian in AD96. In the Annals, Tacitus alludes to the death of Christ and to the existence of Christians at Rome. See Annals XV,44: But not all the relief that could come from man, not all the bounties that the prince could bestow nor all the atonements which could be presented to the gods, availed to relieve Nero from the infamy of being believed to have ordered the conflagration, the fire of Rome. Hence to suppress the rumor, he falsely charged with the guilt, and punished with most exquisite tortures, the persons commonly called Christians, who were hated for their enormities. Christus, the founder of the name, was put to death by Pontius Pilate, procurator of Judea in the reign of Tiberius: but the pernicious superstition, repressed for a time, broke out again, not only through Judea, where the mischief originated, but through the city of Rome also." (The misspelling of Christ as "Christus" was a common error made by pagan writers). It is interesting that Pilate is not mentioned in any other pagan document which has survived. It is an irony of history that the only surviving reference to him in a pagan document mentions him because of the sentence of death he passed on Jesus the Messiah.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

To quote curious "My faith is not based on factless theory, as I have posted previously,it is your opinion that is based on factless theory."
No your faith is based on factless faith duh tinkerbell will come back if you believe, just clap your hands and and duh I believe I believe
Take your medication
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Suetonius: Roman historian and court official during the reign of the Emperor Hadrian. Suetonius wrote in his Life of Claudius: "As the Jews were making constant disturbances at the instigation of Chrestus, he expelled them from Rome." (Life of Claudius 25.4). Chrestus is a misspelling of Christus; the spelling probably assumes that the spelling of Jesus' title "Christos" was the same as ate ChiRho symbol which was also a literary device which indicated a quote worthy of note = the 'chrestus" symbol. Claudius' expulsion of the Christians form Rome is mentioned in Acts 18:2. This event took place in 49AD. In his work Lives of the Caesars, Suetonius also wrote: "Punishment by Nero was inflicted on the Christians, a class of men given to a new and mischievous superstition." Assuming Jesus was crucified in the early thirties, Suetonius places Christians in the Roman capital less than 20 years later and he reports that they were suffering for their faith and dying for their conviction that Jesus had really lived, died and that He had risen from the dead!

Pliny the Younger: Roman governor in Bithynia AD112 wrote to Emperor Trajan to seek advice as to how to treat the Christians. He recounts that he had been killing Christian men, women, and children. He is concerned that so many have chosen death over simply bowing down to a statue of the emperor or being made to "curse Christ, which a genuine Christian cannot be induced to do." (Epistles X, 96)

Tallus: Tallus was a secular historian who (circa AD52) wrote a history of the Eastern Mediterranean from the Trojan War to his own time. The document no longer exists but it was quoted by other writers like the Christian, Julius Africanus, who wrote around AD221. He quotes Tallus' comments about the darkness that enveloped the land during the late afaternoon hours when Jesus died on the cross. Julius wrote: Tallus, in the third book of his histories, explains away this darkness as an eclipse of the sun'unreasonably, as it seems to me (unreasonably of course, because a solar eclipse could not take place at the time of the full moon, and it was at the season of the Paschal full moon that Christ died." Julius Africanus, Chronography, 18.1 The importance of Tallus' comments is that the reference shows that the Gospel account of the darkness that fell across the earth during Christ's crucifixion was well known and required a naturalistic explanation from non-Christians.

Phlegon: Julius Africanus also quoted another secular scholar whose works are now lost. Phlegon wrote a history called Chronicles. Phlegon also comments on the darkness at the time of Christ's crucifixion: "During the time of Tiberius Caesar an eclipse of the sun occurred during the full moon." Julius Africanus, Chronography, 18.1
(The 3rd century Christian apologist Origen also references Phlegon's record of this event in his work Celsum, 2.14,33,59 as does the 6th century writer Philopon (De.opif.mund. II, 21.

Mara Bar-Serapion: Syrian stoic philosopher who wrote a letter from prison to his son circa 70AD. He compares Jesus to the philosophers Socrates and Pythagoras.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2013

Judged:

Josephus ben Mattathias(also known as Flavius Josephus): 37-100AD, Jewish priest, general and historian. He wrote two great works of Jewish history: The Jewish War, written in the early 70's and Jewish Antiquities, which was finished about AD94. In his work, Jewish Antiquities, there is a passage that has created heated debate among scholars for many decades: "Now there was about this time Jesus, a wise man, if it be lawful to call him a man, for he was a doer of wonderful works, a teacher of such men as receive the truth with pleasure. He drew over to him both many of the Jews and many of the Gentiles. He was the Christ, and when Pilate, at the suggestion of the principal men among us, had condemned him to the cross, those that loved him at the first did not forsake him; for he appeared to them alive again the third day; as the divine prophets had foretold these and ten thousand other wonderful things concerning him. And the tribe of Christians so named from him are not extinct at this day." Antiquities, XVIII, 33

Lucian of Samosate: Greek satirist later half of 2nd century spoke scornfully of Christ and the Christians but never argued that Jesus never existed. "The Christians, you know, worship a man to this day'the distinguished personage who introduced their novel rites, and was crucified on that account..." The Death of Peregrine, 11-13

The Babylonian Talmud:"It has been taught: On the eve of Passover they hanged Yeshu. And an announcer went out, in front of him, for 40 days (saying):'He is going to be stoned, because he practiced sorcery and enticed and led Israel astray. Anyone who knows anything in his favor, let him come and plead in his behalf.' But, not having found anything in his favor, they hanged him on the eve of Passover." Sanhedrin 43a; df.t.Sanh. 10:11; y. Sanh. 7:12; Tg. Esther 7:9 (Another version of this text reads: "Yeshu the Nazarene." Yeshu or Yehoshua is Hebrew (or Aramaic) for Jesus'in English this name is also translated "Joshua." The Old Testament hero bore the same name as Jesus the Messiah. "Hanged" is another way of referring to a crucifixion; see Luke 23:39 and Galatians 3:13

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,561 - 94,580 of127,808
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

75 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min GOTP 144,623
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 17 min IND 26,163
suboxone being sold 21 min justsayin 6
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 46 min 40ish 3,733
KC Basketball Coach 46 min breaking news 49
3 family yard sale 1 hr yard sale 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr gogetter 81,541
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 2 hr what 363
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs