Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,866

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#99099 Apr 9, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but our ability to think and reason makes us superior. Situational instances don't change that.
While we have greater ability than other animals we are not "superior" In fact the way we destroy the earth and wage wars I would say we are inferior in some ways.
In any ecosystem all organisms have a role and are needed. If not for insects we would be neck deep in trash. Bee spreading pollen working with plants to reproduce
We take our greater ability with out accepting the greater responsibility that comes with it. How is that superior?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#99100 Apr 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists believe that non intelligent matter(dirt)spontaneously trasformed itself into intelligent matter.You need to find out how that process works.
Seems you are still at the nonintelligent stage
dumber than dirt
Evolutionists do not contend that dirt spontaneously transformed itself into intelligent matter. "You need to find out how that process works." And as always, mind your 9th commandment.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99101 Apr 9, 2013
When Muslims want to force every one to accept Islam and kill people who do not the christians say they are evil..
Yet the christian cult wants to force every one to accept Christianity and have killed people who did not.
When Muslims do what christians did they are evil but christians are good? HMMM

“See how you are?”

Earth

#99102 Apr 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post...
They just forget about all those hoaxes...
LOL
You mean like hundreds of the thousands of icons and artifacts from Catholic saints, wood from the Ark, and the Shroud of Turin? Those hoaxes? Or do you mean staged "miracles" like charismatic evangelists come up with?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99103 Apr 9, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What if the writings began immediately but didn't come forth until later? Life was different then. There were no publishers, and no printing presses. You don't know
What if some smart people who saw how well the religious leaders controlled the masses and heard how they killed some nut that spoke out against them wrote a new book making that nut a new god and used it to control the masses in other countries? Of course killing any one that did not convert or spoke out against the new god helped them to force this form of control on them.(why else did they kill people who did not convert?)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99104 Apr 9, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists do not contend that dirt spontaneously transformed itself into intelligent matter. "You need to find out how that process works." And as always, mind your 9th commandment.
The ten commandments do not apply to christians, they are for every one else.
Proof of this is how much christians lie, steal, rape, murder (If they did not slaughter people who did not convert no one would have become a christian)
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99105 Apr 9, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
GWB,My point is that,the theory of Evolution has been refuted.
To me,it is not valid,My belief in God,based on my Personal experiences,has convinced me that GOD DOES EXIST.,as I stated in a posting to SPECTACLES...Which,if you are interested in reading,should be about 4 or 5 posts before this one...
You have a blessed day
Amen!
What we've experienced in God out weighs evilution by miles...
I would not be here is God were a fairy tale!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99106 Apr 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!
What we've experienced in God out weighs evilution by miles...
I would not be here is God were a fairy tale!
Your experience with god has been refuted.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99107 Apr 9, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
u do realize evolution like u want to take place happens over billions of years and that humans havent even been on the earth even close to a million yrs yet? i couldnt expect much more i guess cuz u still believe a god that says the world will last a thousand but not thousands of yrs and then try to validate the world lasting longer than 2 thousand yrs by sayin we dont know the time scale that god uses or something to the effect that a day is a thousand yrs to god and a thousand yrs is a day or some other crazy thing just so u can validate believing in the false prophecy that the holy bible is full of.
You guys keep telling us that... "It takes BILLIONS of years"....
No it doesn't really.... Micro evolution occurs in just a few generations (Hair color, nose size, dogs to poodles kind of thing)
Yet, all the bacterium generated over the recorded history of science... none has ever been anything other than what they are!
You over look the part of evilution that says a dino turned into a bird... what did that bird mate with? another dino that turned into a bird??? NO!
God saved me!
NOT the thought, or teaching, or upbringing, but God Himself!
Now I see the truth of life...
Life is choices, who will you serve?
I used to serve myself, and satan, doing what "I" wanted to do, or what I thought I wanted to do...
When you eyes are opened to the truth, you realize just how wrong you were...
That is what we hope, and pray to happen to all of you!
It would be great to have one of you saved, so you could
come on here, and speak the truth!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99109 Apr 9, 2013
GODS PITBULL wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what do evolutionists believe man came from?
5 of 15 Questions for Evolutionists:
1. How did life originate?
2. How did the DNA code originate?
3. How could mutations—accidental copying mistakes (DNA ‘letters’ exchanged, deleted or added, genes duplicated, chromosome inversions, etc.)—create the huge volumes of information in the DNA of living things? How could such errors create 3 billion letters of DNA information to change a microbe into a microbiologist?
4. Why is natural selection, a principle recognized by creationists, taught as ‘evolution’, as if it explains the origin of the diversity of life?
5. How did new biochemical pathways, which involve multiple enzymes working together in sequence, originate?
http://creation.com/15-questions
Great post!
God Bless :-)
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99110 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You are told what to think, every one else is an outsider, every one else is evil, no one else understands, avoid the secular world, do not question, etc....
Christianity is a cult. Preachers jump from verse to verse so you can not grasp the concept of the verse, instead of answering hard questions they attack you for asking (you do not understand the bible is the same answer over and over)
Killing any one who is not a part of your religion, all of the Abrahamic religions are cults
Hahahahaa!
This coming from you???
We've read the Bible, and still agree with it (some more than others) You post snippets to make it sound ignorant...
Everything you post proves God, and the Bible!
Thanks again!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99112 Apr 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I "againit" and it has nothing to do with men having sex or any religious positions... I'm against it because what Ever argument you make for it is the same argument that can be made for 2 men and a woman, 3 women and a man or 10 men and 10 women getting married... Such a move on a Federal Level to redefine the term Marriage allows for the next bump in culture that leads to 4 men and a Goat once goats are given equal status by the PETA folks.... I have not a homophobic thought in my head, have gay friends and could give a crap about who does who in their private lives.... I would have Just as much of a issue with a Heterosexual Pride Parade as a Gay Pride Parade as I not only don't give a crap who does who I think it should not be made a public display...
But Marriage has been defined as One Man and One Woman and to redefine it allows for a toe in the door for three women and a horse....
GREAT POST!
As I don't care either, of who does what behind their own doors...
You redefine marriage, and the Sandusky's of the world will be free!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99113 Apr 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no Eve, there was no garden of eden and there is no satan or devil.... That pretty much does away with that post....
You post something Great like above, and turn around and post this...
How do you "KNOW"... were you there?
IF God be real... Who's to say He couldn't do the things it says in the Bible???
Who's to say satan didn't make you believe what you are saying?
God is real!
Try working your theories from that point...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#99114 Apr 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing... Eggs were around when there was no land animals at all.. fish lay eggs... Amphibians lay eggs.. So unless you just set rational thought and logic aside Eggs came Millions of years if not Billions of years before dinosaurs, which laid eggs and one genetic line became chickens....
The point was...
What laid the egg!
Egg didn't just happen to be!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99115 Apr 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>.
When you eyes are opened to the truth, you realize just how wrong you were...
That is what we hope, and pray to happen to all of you!
It would be great to have one of you saved, so you could
come on here, and speak the truth!
I do not do drugs (including alcohol) so I can not deceive myself with your fantasies

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99116 Apr 9, 2013
The christian cult condemns and attacks every one who does not blindly follow. From Gay people to muslims to Atheist.
But when some one speaks out against the christian cult they cry about how mean we are and cry that we do not respect their religion.
You reap what you sow and what you have sowed is hate, violence, no respect for others, blood lust.
You freaks used to burn people alive and even now when you tell some one they are going to Hell you fantasize about them burning yet if I where to say that christians should be burned alive you would call me evil.
I would love to see your cult to be made a crime but you want to make personal freedom a crime.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#99117 Apr 9, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Y
IF God be real......
We know that your god is not real.
Gandalf is real, there are a couple of old books that say he is real, he had magic, he turned water in to gold and flew through the sky. Gandalf died so we can live, he created the universe prove he did not, prove Gandalf is not real
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99118 Apr 9, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Have you concidered that you are just repeating what was said in the 70's about black and white marriage?
How about, marriage is not about anything except property and what 2, 3, 4 and a horse, people do in private that does not harm any one is (gross but) no one elses business?
But then... they stick it on TV.... Promote it with Parades... force kids to study it.... lock people up for knowing it's wrong!
Keep it behind your doors... NO Problem!
Right is right, and
Wrong is wrong!
Nair the twain shall meet!
curious

Ocoee, FL

#99119 Apr 9, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you test God? That seems incredibly arrogant of you since he is supposed to be your Master and you his Slave. Which, to be honest, sounds kind of kinky to me.
Oh, and here you go:
http://ncse.com/taking-action/project-steve
realit
The Scriptures State that God Said; If you DILIGENTLY seek me,you will find me
Based on that Statement,He is asking you to test him
For further illumination on that topic ,Read Malachi 3;10
and PHILLipians 4;6,7
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#99120 Apr 9, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No we could not... Man is not perfectible and there will always be men that seek dominion over other men....
Well then...
Why do "WE" want you IN our club, and not outside?
Because "WE" were outside, and by Grace brought in!
Makes great sense!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kids free glasses and hearing checked 51 min Hot T OTC 7
missing pit bull 2 hr not joking 8
truck payments 2 hr lol 12
barbourville teen: snake in the grass 2 hr Tom Anderson 2
Need food badly 3 hr lol 31
Porsche mills 4 hr Info 21
Chad Michael Merida Florida jail 4 hr Ghost face 3223 29
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:41 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:41PM
What Are Experts Saying About Denver?
NBC Sports 4:55 AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars