Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,501 - 94,520 of 128,685 Comments Last updated 28 min ago
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, less you have discarded your fear of God. The bible says you must not fear man but the God who can destroy both body and soul in hell fire. That would be a reason for your faith.
You quoted Matt 10;28 and neglected to include the subsequent verses...Go back and read them,then get back to me
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
True, your beliefs are either based on hell or based on some reward system. You believe that you will be rewarded when you die.
Good luck with that.
NEPHILIM wrote
True, your beliefs are either based on hell or based on some reward system. You believe that you will be rewarded when you die.
Good luck with that

I have many times posted my beliefs for my faith.At no time have I ever mentioned any of those as the reasons for my belief in God and Jesus Christ.
If you have evidence that I have expressed those views,provide it,
If not,why do you insist in attributing those falsehoods as the reasons for my faith?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Christians are against gay marriage because they are afraid the men they have had sex with will start to make demands
I "againit" and it has nothing to do with men having sex or any religious positions... I'm against it because what Ever argument you make for it is the same argument that can be made for 2 men and a woman, 3 women and a man or 10 men and 10 women getting married... Such a move on a Federal Level to redefine the term Marriage allows for the next bump in culture that leads to 4 men and a Goat once goats are given equal status by the PETA folks.... I have not a homophobic thought in my head, have gay friends and could give a crap about who does who in their private lives.... I would have Just as much of a issue with a Heterosexual Pride Parade as a Gay Pride Parade as I not only don't give a crap who does who I think it should not be made a public display...

But Marriage has been defined as One Man and One Woman and to redefine it allows for a toe in the door for three women and a horse....
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

I suppose you know that the term NEPHILIM means offspring of Demons and the term Satanic Priest is self explanatoty!

I hope you are not like Eve in the Garden of Eden who are mislead into thinking it would be to your advantage to listen to Satan the Devil!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
I suppose you know that the term NEPHILIM means offspring of Demons and the term Satanic Priest is self explanatoty!
I hope you are not like Eve in the Garden of Eden who are mislead into thinking it would be to your advantage to listen to Satan the Devil!
There was no Eve, there was no garden of eden and there is no satan or devil.... That pretty much does away with that post....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
ARE YOU A GENUINE CHRISTIAN?
It is vital for each person who claims to be a Christian to answer this question positively. Why? Because God’s approval depends thereon. Christianity is not merely a belief or a label, but a way of life. Does your way of life reflect Christ’s example? Does your religious practice match the Biblical quality of the early Christians?
The apostle Paul invites us:“Put yourselves to the proof, to see whether you are holding the Faith. Test yourselves.”(2 Corinthians 13:5, The Twentieth Century New Testament) To this end, we invite you to check the following short list, while looking up the cited scriptures in your own Bible.
1. Do you participate in national or political loyalties that cause divisions among professed Christians?—1 Corinthians 1:10; John 18:36; James 1:27.
2. How do you define Christian love?—1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
3. Do you, in practice, endeavor to show true neighbor love? How?—Matthew 22:39; John 13:34, 35.
4. Are you kind, tenderly compassionate and forgiving toward others?—Ephesians 4:31; Romans 12:10.
5. In your daily life, do you avoid lying, stealing, cheating and the use of obscene and abusive language?—Ephesians 5:3-5; 4:25-31.
6. Are you inclined to think that sexual morality is of minor importance?—Mark 7:20-23.
7. Do you tend to excesses in eating and drinking?—Proverbs 23:20, 21; Ephesians 5:18.
8. Do you try to communicate true Christian faith to others by word and deed?—Romans 10:9, 10; 1 Corinthians 9:16.
At what conclusion do you arrive? Do true Christians really exist today? Do you know of any who earnestly try to live like Christ and at the same time make a real effort to communicate their Christian belief and way of life to their neighbors? Does your own religion in fact teach and practice genuine Christianity? Or is this just an attractive label or impressive signature?
If you do not already know them personally, we suggest you take a closer look at Jehovah’s Witnesses in your vicinity and see if they are conscientiously endeavoring to measure up to the Bible standards considered above. If you do not know where they are located, we will be glad to help you to get in touch with them.—Isaiah 43:10-12; Acts 11:26.
www.jw.org
STILL spamming, I see. Having a membership drive on Topix are we? Wassamatter, national revenues down? Why don't you get a sandwich board and hang out in front of the Wal-Mart like I asked you to weeks ago? Or are you banned from the property?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
What I remember is you posting a story on how God answered a prayer yet you left out all the details. That's a reward system. Many great things have happened in my life, who should I worship?
Again you err, either intentionally or because you are misinformed.
Never said prayer,I said prayers,much more than one or 2 or 3 and so on.
calling it a reward system,proves how uninformed you are about prayer. When my children are in need of my help and they come to me for help,I help them because I love them.
God is my heavenly father,when i come to him for help,he helps me because he loves me
Matt7;7 to 7;11 will give you a very clear indication of prayer
Go read it
once you have learned it's significance you will be better equipped to form an opinion,then we can have an intellectual discussion
Me

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>All you hear is bits of stories told on the discovery channel before you switch the channel because you think is blasphemy.... We actually have these things called colleges and universities where you can actually go and learn the details, go into the field and dig the evidence, learn how the dozens of dating methods work, learn anatomy, compare skeletal structure and layout.... Yes a line of Donos evolved to be Robins... the Raptor line and if you look at a early embryo of a chick in the shell you will find it has a tail that stops forming before hatching and finger bones that grow to become wings... If you turn on one gene a chicken grows teeth.. All of which has been studied, tested and verified.. Evidence has been found all around the globe... Just because you choose to remain uneducated on the evidence is Your problem not mine, All I can do is explain it to you I cannot understand it for you......
I understand that you could change a gene in a chicken to make it grow teeth but actually they to not have them. If evolution is true what will a robin be next or what will humans turn into.
Why didn't the Apes become extinct after evolving into humans but dinosaurs did after turning into birds. I guess I'm to uneducated to see these as facts of anything but it does make me laugh. Dinosaurs are dead and so is there DNA, because a bird might be similar doesn't mean it's evidence that they came from them.
Keep drinking the Kool-Aid

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

little women wrote:
Evolution is a joke,and only men who are sissy's and can not bear to think that anything is greater than themselves . They will not accept God,because they think it would interfere with their macho manhood. So evolution is taught, that way they can feel superior to all other forms of life.(Though man, himself does not believe in evolution, for it stretches the imagination beyond it's limits, yet it keeps women & children from believing in a God ,who is greater than man.
Actually evolution does not teach that man is any greater than other animals,but the bible certainly does.
Most Christains believe a god created the whole universe just for them.
BTW, many who believe in evolution also believe in gods.

Seems to me it takes quite an imagination to believe a god did anything.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is something else that is not original but no evolutionist can answer: Which came first the Chicken or the egg?
Egg. Why would you assume this could have no answer?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

little women wrote:
<quoted text>
JESUS
So what does Jesus look like?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You quoted Matt 10;28 and neglected to include the subsequent verses...Go back and read them,then get back to me
No need Proverbs 9:10 backs up what I quoted. I don't see how you can deny that unless you have started another christian interpretation of the bible, just saying.

Proverbs 9:10
The beginning of wisdom is to fear the LORD. Simple to understand.

What church do you belong? I suspect JW. If your too timid to say I can understand. If you say christian then well that's what they all say. To give me a point of reference I need to know the group that your beliefs come from. Other wise, I think your some back slider who just trying to make point with your invisible God.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Egg. Why would you assume this could have no answer?
If you have an answer I'd be very interested in reading it.
Not only which came first,also,how it got here
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Egg. Why would you assume this could have no answer?
I take it your answer is the egg! Then what kept the egg warm so it could hatch? That's why I know that evolution does not have the answers!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand that you could change a gene in a chicken to make it grow teeth but actually they to not have them. If evolution is true what will a robin be next or what will humans turn into.
Why didn't the Apes become extinct after evolving into humans but dinosaurs did after turning into birds. I guess I'm to uneducated to see these as facts of anything but it does make me laugh. Dinosaurs are dead and so is there DNA, because a bird might be similar doesn't mean it's evidence that they came from them.
Keep drinking the Kool-Aid
Why didn't wolves become extinct after wiener dog evolved from them? Dinosaurs were as Varied and abundant as assorted mammals today.. If a big rock hit the earth tomorrow and wiped out 90% of the mammals you still have 10% to fill the niches of the new environments..... We are a Mammal, apes are mammals, mice are mammals, elephants are mammals...

There were 1000's if not Millions of different kinds of Dinosaurs from some the size of a humming bird to 6 times the size of an elephant... And there were some mammals.. there were amphibians, reptiles, marsupials and insects....

Dinosaurs did not go extinct... Most of the various kinds died out but they Never went extinct.... Today we call them birds....

As for the uneducated part it's never to late to learn... You should start soon...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it your answer is the egg! Then what kept the egg warm so it could hatch? That's why I know that evolution does not have the answers!
Nothing... Eggs were around when there was no land animals at all.. fish lay eggs... Amphibians lay eggs.. So unless you just set rational thought and logic aside Eggs came Millions of years if not Billions of years before dinosaurs, which laid eggs and one genetic line became chickens....
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Genetic Study Solves Which Came First -- The Chicken or the Egg.

http://www.dailytech.com/Genetic+Study+Solves...

In addition to answering the question that has burdened the human race for ages, the results of this study could be advantageous in the medical field since human bones and teeth are made in a similar way as eggshells. This could lead to a better understanding of how to rebuild human bones.
webster

Brodhead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is something else that is not original but no evolutionist can answer: Which came first the Chicken or the egg?

...when you see a bird, you'll notice the beak, the feet, the feathers, those eyes...you'll see similar beaks, feet, and scales on reptiles...repiles lay eyes... ;)...there's your answer.
webster

Brodhead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

*MOST reptiles lay eggs.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
No need Proverbs 9:10 backs up what I quoted. I don't see how you can deny that unless you have started another christian interpretation of the bible, just saying.
Proverbs 9:10
The beginning of wisdom is to fear the LORD. Simple to understand.
What church do you belong? I suspect JW. If your too timid to say I can understand. If you say christian then well that's what they all say. To give me a point of reference I need to know the group that your beliefs come from. Other wise, I think your some back slider who just trying to make point with your invisible God.
No,you are wrong,if you readMatt 10;28 to 33, it will give you a totally different meaning than what you are trying to imply.Go and read it and you will see.
You did not quote Proverbs 9;10 in it's entirety and you know it,you quoted half,then you failed to read the entire context in which Matt10;28 was given ,then claim that proverbs 9;10 backs up what you quoted,,,I am not thateasily fooled.
If you are a parent,you want your children to know that there is a consecuence for not obeying your instructions. You want them to have that fear,so that if they don't behave according to your instructions there will be a penalty to pay. You instill that fear in them,because you love them and want the best for them.
I donot belong to any organized religion and I don't go to church.
My relationship with God is personal.
If,I lived my life accordimg to my human nature,then.I would be trying to score points with my God,but then,I can not con God and my prayer life would be totally ineffective.
So,in asense,I fear him,I fear tht my actions will displease him,
Those who live according to their human nature,as I once did,are unable to comprehend this.
I know the change that God has wrought in me. To unbelievers ,it's nonsense,since they are incapable of understanding what I have experienced.
Me,I have experienced it,know it's true and am not concerned that those who have no knowledge or understanding of what I have experienced seek to ridicule what I know to be true.
I know what my life was like before God came into my life,I know what it has been like after he came in,Nothing that this world has to offer,money,fame ,or power would cause me to go back to what I used to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Beckoning Frontiers 6 min Jack 1
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min DITCH MITCH 146,307
SEC Network 33 min Hopeful 5
New "Dollar Daze" Store in Barbourville 1 hr ok yeah 36
Step Chid after divorce 2 hr stephanie 4
Stivers Center fixes 3 hr houses 52
i miss my amy 3 hr sarah 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000