Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,726)

Showing posts 94,501 - 94,520 of122,811
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

If you would like help in learning the TRUTH contact Jehovah's Witnesses in your area or go on line to www.jw.org

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
There can only be ONE TRUE RELIGION! It's like 2+2=4, you can give billions of wrong answers to that simple addition but it would still be 4. John 8:31,32...“If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, 32 and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free.”
It's ust that simple!
So you know that your magic book is the right magic book because it says it is.

You don't think that sounds even a little silly?
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
That has to be the longest-winded rephrasing of "Because the bible told me my god is eternal" I've ever seen. I pulled a sympathetic muscle watching the gymnastics you just went through.
So, after all that we're right back where we started. You reject science, and ignore all of it's supporting evidence in favor of your magic book that has no evidence supporting it because science doesn't yet have all the answers (and maybe never will).
Well you asked me and I responded,that you think it's longwinded is your opinion...How you arrived at the opinion that the Bible is a magic book,leads me to conclude that you are misinformed.
Nowhere in the Bible does God claim that he has magical powers,none of the individuals who wrote the Books contained in the Bible claim that God has magical powers,nor did Christ.
Nevertheless,the Pharisses,who did not believe in Christ,claimed that he performed his miracles by the power of Beelzebub and accused him of being a sorcerer. They did not deny the miracles they merely claimed that the miracles did not come from God...
In their unbelief,they could not accept the reality occuring all around them and made every effort to discredit him....
That is an old tactic,that failed
But,so be it. Insofar as being long winded,the same can not be said for those nonbelievers who are unable to explain how it is that nonliving and nonintelligent matter,can,by accidental means,somehow,become alive and intelligent.Science can provide no facts to verify how that occured..Shortwinded explanation,we don't know.
So yes,we are right back where we started...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't consider most religions cults but the ones that tell you how you should dress, how you should speak, forbids you to read anything they do not approve of, that disown former members, make up weird rules, requires you to give them money and have leaders that are looked at like they are almost Gods themselves, then those are cults.
You just descried the christians

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution has been refuted by many scientists and scholars. That there are other scientists and scholars that still maintain a belief in evolution,is also true.
Obviously,I did not make myself very clear,or at least,not clear enough to your limited understanding.
Your limited unmderstanding is further confirmed,by trying to
tell me what it was that I experienced,since your opinion is based on something you know absolutely nothing about,thereby making you the least qualified to voice an opinion.
Moreover,since you need resort to insults,in order to justify your factless theory , let me leave you with this thought.
If Evolution is true,then one can conclude that YOUR intellect could evolve into a more sophisticared intellect,in which case,YOU would probably evolve back to YOUR origins,nonintelligent matter.
Here is the thing. If there was a red apple but you said it was an orange you would say that scientist have proven it is not a red apple and you have faith that it is an orange. So fu8k off troll HMMM you scold me for misspelling a word and you misspelled two of them (sophisticared, nonintelligent)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

@curious, You post outright lies, when some one post facts you stick your fingers in your ears and go "not true, I believe", when some one answers your stupid questions and/or calls you on your lie you go right back and ask the same question.
You are a troll and have NOTHING to add or say to this conversation.
Here is the bottom line, your rights end where others begin so you do not have the right to force your beliefs on to any one.
If you want religion in schools than you must allow all religions, Muslim, Jewish, Hindu, Wicca, Satanist, etc.....
The christian cult has lost so many people that now only 1 in 3 go to a christian cult church, you are the minority and soon your cult will die. In ten years you will be afraid to call yourself a christian in public (dont worry, WE will not treat YOU like YOU treated US)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>I don't consider most religions cults but the ones that tell you how you should dress, how you should speak, forbids you to read anything they do not approve of, that disown former members, make up weird rules, requires you to give them money and have leaders that are looked at like they are almost Gods themselves, then those are cults.
My point was, every religion could be called such by definition.
Sounds like you are describing most Christian denominations.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you asked me and I responded,that you think it's longwinded is your opinion...How you arrived at the opinion that the Bible is a magic book,leads me to conclude that you are misinformed.
Nowhere in the Bible does God claim that he has magical powers,none of the individuals who wrote the Books contained in the Bible claim that God has magical powers,nor did Christ.
Nevertheless,the Pharisses,who did not believe in Christ,claimed that he performed his miracles by the power of Beelzebub and accused him of being a sorcerer. They did not deny the miracles they merely claimed that the miracles did not come from God...
In their unbelief,they could not accept the reality occuring all around them and made every effort to discredit him....
That is an old tactic,that failed
But,so be it. Insofar as being long winded,the same can not be said for those nonbelievers who are unable to explain how it is that nonliving and nonintelligent matter,can,by accidental means,somehow,become alive and intelligent.Science can provide no facts to verify how that occured..Shortwinded explanation,we don't know.
So yes,we are right back where we started...
If you do not understand or know something than some myth god must have done it? Did you drop out of high school?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>ARE YOU A GENUINE CHRISTIAN?
It is vital for each person who claims to be a Christian to answer this question positively. Why? Because GodÂ’s approval depends thereon. Christianity is not merely a belief or a label, but a way of life. Does your way of life reflect ChristÂ’s example? Does your religious practice match the Biblical quality of the early Christians?
The apostle Paul invites us:“Put yourselves to the proof, to see whether you are holding the Faith. Test yourselves.”(2 Corinthians 13:5, The Twentieth Century New Testament) To this end, we invite you to check the following short list, while looking up the cited scriptures in your own Bible.
1. Do you participate in national or political loyalties that cause divisions among professed Christians?—1 Corinthians 1:10; John 18:36; James 1:27.
2. How do you define Christian love?—1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
3. Do you, in practice, endeavor to show true neighbor love? How?—Matthew 22:39; John 13:34, 35.
4. Are you kind, tenderly compassionate and forgiving toward others?—Ephesians 4:31; Romans 12:10.
5. In your daily life, do you avoid lying, stealing, cheating and the use of obscene and abusive language?—Ephesians 5:3-5; 4:25-31.
6. Are you inclined to think that sexual morality is of minor importance?—Mark 7:20-23.
7. Do you tend to excesses in eating and drinking?—Proverbs 23:20, 21; Ephesians 5:18.
8. Do you try to communicate true Christian faith to others by word and deed?—Romans 10:9, 10; 1 Corinthians 9:16.
At what conclusion do you arrive? Do true Christians really exist today? Do you know of any who earnestly try to live like Christ and at the same time make a real effort to communicate their Christian belief and way of life to their neighbors? Does your own religion in fact teach and practice genuine Christianity? Or is this just an attractive label or impressive signature?
If you do not already know them personally, we suggest you take a closer look at Jehovah’s Witnesses in your vicinity and see if they are conscientiously endeavoring to measure up to the Bible standards considered above. If you do not know where they are located, we will be glad to help you to get in touch with them.—Isaiah 43:10-12; Acts 11:26.
www.jw.org
Yes

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>I see, probably my fault for butting into a conversation without having read the previous posts.

Now, I'm confused about something else:

do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
So how does one find the true church? If that was your question to me, the answer to me will be different than that of a Hindu, for example. My belief is that the truth can be found through the Holy Ghost. Jesus said seek and you shall find. The apostle James said if any of you lack wisdom, to ask of God.
I believe you have to work for it, but He will answer through the Holy Ghost.
"

How do you "know" that the Hindu isn't right? Or are you contending that all religions are valid.
Obviously, I subscribe to the one that I think is true. Obviously, all religions are valid to its members, but only one ( or none) can be true.
I grew up not really thinking about it. I attended with my parents. Once I graduated college, I decided to find out what church was closest to the truth. I did not stop until I received an answer that I knew was from God. That's how I knew.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

You do not need forgiveness .
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If you do not understand or know something than some myth god must have done it? Did you drop out of high school?
Yes,I did drop out of high School;
But then,those who believe that nonintelligent and nonliving matter
spontaneously transformed itself into living intelligent matter,as if by MAGIC,demonstrate that they never went to school...Be that ,your case...
And if not,then your classes must have been limited to 2,lunch and recess....Now don't get mad and start throwing swear words around,That is a very Unevolutionist trait.....
There,I mispelled another word

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes,I did drop out of high School;
But then,those who believe that nonintelligent and nonliving matter
spontaneously transformed itself into living intelligent matter,as if by MAGIC,demonstrate that they never went to school...Be that ,your case...
And if not,then your classes must have been limited to 2,lunch and recess....Now don't get mad and start throwing swear words around,That is a very Unevolutionist trait.....
There,I mispelled another word
That explains why you can not grasp simple concepts and parrot what you hear from your preacher.
It also explains how you can believe in a con

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Christians are against gay marriage because they are afraid the men they have had sex with will start to make demands
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>That explains why you can not grasp simple concepts and parrot what you hear from your preacher.
It also explains how you can believe in a con
Again,you ,opine on a subject of which you are totally in the dark.
When have I said that I listen to my preacher.I don't attend church,nor do I belong to any religious denomination.Obviously you are given to voicing opinions on matters with which you are totally unfamiliar.
Since I don't believe in a con,as you stated,again confirms your innate ability to incoherently address subjects that are totally beyond your understanding,which understanding,in your fossilized mental state,you will never be able to attain

GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Well,you have said a mouthful,based on your feelings and emotions.
I have given my reasons for my faith,which you automatically discarded and without any basis in fact,you claim that my faith is based on fear of being tortured by God and wanting eternal life.
Yep, less you have discarded your fear of God. The bible says you must not fear man but the God who can destroy both body and soul in hell fire. That would be a reason for your faith.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking snakes, talking donkeys, people living in a fish's belly and a host of other things in your bible sounds like magic. Atheist don't believe in magic and that's what throws people like you into a bitchfit.
I don't get thrown into a bitchfit,have no idea what that means.Must be a word that evolutionized in some species during the early stahes of Evolution.
However,some of the books of the Bible,like the one on Sampson,are not very convincing to me.
But ,my faith is not based on those issues you mentioned,so whether they be accurate or not,has no effect on my faith in God.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, less you have discarded your fear of God. The bible says you must not fear man but the God who can destroy both body and soul in hell fire. That would be a reason for your faith.
You quoted Matt 10;28 and neglected to include the subsequent verses...Go back and read them,then get back to me
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
True, your beliefs are either based on hell or based on some reward system. You believe that you will be rewarded when you die.
Good luck with that.
NEPHILIM wrote
True, your beliefs are either based on hell or based on some reward system. You believe that you will be rewarded when you die.
Good luck with that

I have many times posted my beliefs for my faith.At no time have I ever mentioned any of those as the reasons for my belief in God and Jesus Christ.
If you have evidence that I have expressed those views,provide it,
If not,why do you insist in attributing those falsehoods as the reasons for my faith?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Christians are against gay marriage because they are afraid the men they have had sex with will start to make demands
I "againit" and it has nothing to do with men having sex or any religious positions... I'm against it because what Ever argument you make for it is the same argument that can be made for 2 men and a woman, 3 women and a man or 10 men and 10 women getting married... Such a move on a Federal Level to redefine the term Marriage allows for the next bump in culture that leads to 4 men and a Goat once goats are given equal status by the PETA folks.... I have not a homophobic thought in my head, have gay friends and could give a crap about who does who in their private lives.... I would have Just as much of a issue with a Heterosexual Pride Parade as a Gay Pride Parade as I not only don't give a crap who does who I think it should not be made a public display...

But Marriage has been defined as One Man and One Woman and to redefine it allows for a toe in the door for three women and a horse....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,501 - 94,520 of122,811
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

59 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 11 min Smart Kids Go To College 922
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Le Cry Baby Is Stupid 138,739
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 28 min diverse interests 81,208
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 32 min BIG_STEVIE 16,030
new restaurant in downtown shopping center 1 hr jimmy 30
Maryann Smith and Thomas (Oct '12) 2 hr family 24
License plate number 613-LHN 2 hr Gator 8 5
Corey vs. Collins 15 hr Charley 57
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••