Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,421 - 94,440 of 130,190 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
little women

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Hosea-C 5 v 6: For I desired mercy ,and not sacrifice;and the knowledge of god more than burnt offerings .
sin

Sheridan, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

little women wrote:
Hosea-C 5 v 6: For I desired mercy.
...I think my grandmaw drove one of those too.
little women

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Sidestep questions much? Killing to survive is different than a god demanding you kill for pleasure. But the question is why would your god need man to kill animals for blood ritual sacrifice???
God hates killing :
Isaiah chapter 11
<< Isaiah 11 >>
King James Bible

6 The wolf also shall dwell with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; and a little child shall lead them.

7 And the cow and the bear shall feed; their young ones shall lie down together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox.

8 And the sucking child shall play on the hole of the asp, and the weaned child shall put his hand on the cockatrice' den.

9 They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain: for the earth shall be full of the knowledge of the LORD, as the waters cover the sea.
little women

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Um... because the theory of evolution does not state man evolved from apes.... The Only people that say that don't know what the theory says and only know what religious idiots say it says....
Human evolution
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"Evolution of Man" redirects here. For the album by Example, see The Evolution of Man.
Part of a series on
Evolutionary biology

Human evolution refers to the evolutionary process leading up to the appearance of modern humans. While it began with the last common ancestor of all life, the topic usually covers only the evolutionary history of primates, in particular the genus Homo, and the emergence of Homo sapiens as a distinct species of hominids (or "great apes"). The study of human evolution involves many scientific disciplines, including physical anthropology, primatology, archaeology, linguistics, evolutionary psychology, embryology and genetics.[1]
According to genetic studies, primates diverged from other mammals about 85 million years ago in the Late Cretaceous period, and the earliest fossils appear in the Paleocene, around 55 million years ago.[2] The family Hominidae diverged from the Hylobatidae (Gibbon) family 15-20 million years ago, and around 14 million years ago, the Ponginae (orangutans), diverged from the Hominidae family.[3] Bipedalism is the basic adaption of the Hominin line, and the earliest bipedal Hominin is considered to be either Sahelanthropus or Orrorin, with Ardipithecus, a full bipedal, coming somewhat later. The gorilla and chimpanzee diverged around the same time, about 4-6 million years ago, and either Sahelanthropus or Orrorin may be our last shared ancestor with them. The early bipedals eventually evolved into the australopithecines and later the genus Homo.
The earliest documented members of the genus Homo are Homo habilis which evolved around 2.3 million years ago; the earliest species for which there is positive evidence of use of stone tools. The brains of these early hominins were about the same size as that of a chimpanzee. During the next million years a process of encephalization began, and with the arrival of Homo erectus in the fossil record, cranial capacity had doubled to 850 cm3.[4] Homo erectus and Homo ergaster were the first of the hominina to leave Africa, and these species spread through Africa, Asia, and Europe between 1.3 to 1.8 million years ago. It is believed that these species were the first to use fire and complex tools. According to the Recent African Ancestry theory, modern humans evolved in Africa possibly from Homo heidelbergensis, Homo rhodesiensis or Homo antecessor and migrated out of the continent some 50,000 to 100,000 years ago, replacing local populations of Homo erectus, Homo denisova, Homo floresiensis and Homo neanderthalensis.[5][6][7][8][ 9]
Archaic Homo sapiens, the forerunner of anatomically modern humans, evolved between 400,000 and 250,000 years ago.[10][11] Recent DNA evidence suggests that several haplotypes of Neanderthal origin are present among all non-African populations, and Neanderthals and other hominids, such as Denisova hominin may have contributed up to 6% of their genome to present-day humans.[12][13][14] Anatomically modern humans evolved from archaic Homo sapiens in the Middle Paleolithic, about 200,000 years ago.[15] The transition to behavioral modernity with the development of symbolic culture, language, and specialized lithic technology happened around 50,000 years ago according to many anthropologists[16] although some suggest a gradual change in behavior over a longer time span.[
Bugs Bunny

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

dats all folks.looks like Little women proved humans come from apes.goodnight to all humans and apes (of course who believes in evolution? I do not.

“Built like a ”

Since: Aug 08

North Korean missile!.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Bugs Bunny wrote:
dats all folks.looks like Little women proved humans come from apes.goodnight to all humans and apes (of course who believes in evolution? I do not.
How's the Wife doing?
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

right wrote:
<quoted text>
No of course not-I am being silly. Sorry. Just trying to show how stupid it is to believe in evolution and coming from Apes. Yet none of the posters who uphold evolution will say that their ancestors were apes. Wonder WHY NOT ? I believe I was made in the image of God(which is my faith,though I do not go to church as much as I should ) Their faith says they came from apes ,so why not agree that their family tree has indeed apes .
Sorry, I misunderstood. I also BELIEVE I was CREATED in the image of God! I have joined this thread several different times (with time in between) & this thread has turned into a discussion that doesn't even pertain to the ACTUAL STORY written! There are those who use this thread just to be mean, nasty, & down right disrespectful! I have said that I respectfully bowed out before, but this time I really mean it! God's Word tells us NOT to partake in foolishness, whether in rage or laughter, for you will have no rest. I thank God for reminding me again & for His forgiveness & for being ever so FAITHFUL, even when @ times that I'm not! Thank you LORD, in Jesus' Name! AMEN
Before all you UNBELIEVERS trash me, this is MY belief & right to post no matter how you believe. I also believe in the POWER of PRAYER, so, I'll be praying that God will open your hearts & minds to Him before it's everlasting TOO LATE! This is also my RIGHT to do so.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Open and intense debate is the basis of science and yes we have disagreed on the issue of consensus on the whole global warming thing but here is a little dig to show why consensus on issues are the bane of good science.... https://plus.google.com/photos/11043992667178...
And must I add... told ya so, told ya so, told ya so.....
That's funny, Q. Cherry picked quotes. And one of them is from a think tank DEVOTED to destroying AGW. How does that one fit into the theme of "they're changing their tune"? I would not accept that one on the face of it, especially in a AGW denier jpg.

Also, please understand I am not married to AGW. I am not well schooled on that topic so all I can really do is give my conditional trust to what the majority of scientists tell me. I've read some of it, it makes sense, I'm ok with it.

But you more than most people on this thread should be aware that science is always always ALWAYS *conditional* and subject to change. This topic of AGW is a young idea and in a frenzy of debate. I think that you are correct in saying there is a sort of quasi-religion surrounding "green". But I think it is also true that the push back comes from the quasi-religious idea of magical Free Market Capitalism with it's mystical Invisible Hand. The push back is all about protecting the market, and that has its own high priests and clergy.

Can we not agree that this is young science, still debated, subject to massive changes over the next decades? I'm happy to accept that some of its ideas are or might be wrong. That is what I love about science. It can be wrong. But I am not willing to reject it outright because some libertarians think they should have no limits. I will reject it outright when it is proven false and people smarter than me are convinced it is false.

Know what I mean?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
If you truly seek out God, you will find Him. The first step is admitting that there could be a creator. The second step is reaching out to Him while sincerely believing that if there is a God, you will receive some response that you know was outside yourself. Keep trying until your skepticism turns to hope. Then you will find God.
And if you aggressively search for what church you should join, you will be led to it.
Nothing will be handed to you on a silver platter. You will have to work for it. That's the point. He wants you to put forth all of your effort, and then He takes it from there.
Try this and you will surely find God.
I appreciate your thoughts and I know you mean well. But I am not seeking a god. I'm comfortable with the world being natural and since that is where reason leads me, that's where I go. I have no interest in picking a fairy tale to make me sleep better at night.

I sleep well. I am happy. And I have lots of hope for the future. Why would I want to ruin all of that by shackling myself to a misogynistic death cult obsessed with a tortured dead man and warped by the notion that they are all born diseased?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Best answer so far and you did not try to twist things around. YOU may be the only christian here that truly believes in your god.
While we disagree I do respect that.
Thanks

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate your thoughts and I know you mean well. But I am not seeking a god. I'm comfortable with the world being natural and since that is where reason leads me, that's where I go. I have no interest in picking a fairy tale to make me sleep better at night.

I sleep well. I am happy. And I have lots of hope for the future. Why would I want to ruin all of that by shackling myself to a misogynistic death cult obsessed with a tortured dead man and warped by the notion that they are all born diseased?
I understand. You asked, so I answered.
I know I can't hand you the faith that I have. It's something each individual must seek out.

I realize you feel happy now, but if you ever find yourself wondering what really happens after you die, I hope you take my advice. This life is temporary, we all know that for sure. I choose to believe that the path I have chosen will provide happiness even after this life.
The tortured dead man you so harshly speak of, I believe to be the man that made it possible for happiness to continue after this temporal life. Though I don't expect you to believe in Him, please don't disrespect what you don't fully understand.
I apologize for some of His followers that get caught up in their own pride and give you a bad impression of Him. The only thing I can say, is don't judge Jesus Christ by His followers.
right

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Since it has been stated many times that we did not come from apes, rather we share a common ancestor with apes the fact that you keep trying to twist it around after you have been corrected so many times says more about you that us.
Your religion is so weak that you have to lie and keep coming back to non sense after you have been corrected.
Proof that you do not really believe in your god
Read your own evolution theory ,the image chart on ape to man and the info is on several websites. And the chart was hung on our class room walls . PS I posted this ape to man chart (which I personally think is stupid ,like all evolution nonsense) on the Morehead topix photos. Christians never come up with this chart,but evolution experts did. Can you chose what you want to believe on the theory of evolution? You people always accuse Christians of doing the same thing!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

right wrote:
<quoted text>
Read your own evolution theory ,the image chart on ape to man and the info is on several websites. And the chart was hung on our class room walls . PS I posted this ape to man chart (which I personally think is stupid ,like all evolution nonsense) on the Morehead topix photos. Christians never come up with this chart,but evolution experts did. Can you chose what you want to believe on the theory of evolution? You people always accuse Christians of doing the same thing!
You make it sound like science and your cult are the same thing. Science does not blindly believe rather science disbelieves and tries to prove facts wrong.
And your "ape chart" was created by christians to try to discredit science. Yet another fraud propaganda from your cult.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

http://morallowground.com/2011/08/16/kevin-el...

This says it all about the evil christian cult.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
http://morallowground.com/2011 /08/16/kevin-elizabeth-schatz- christian-fundamentalists-span ked-7-year-old-daughter-to-dea th-because-god-wanted-them-to/

This says it all about the evil christian cult.
This is a crying shame. You can't group Christians with this lunatic. This guy and his wife were just nuts. How they were allowed to adopt is beyond me. Most agencies won't grant a child to a family that uses physical punishment.
This man was no Christian. This was not a Christ-like act.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Without some kind of firm evidence which faith am I to accept as the true one? Billions of people accept faiths other than Christianity with just as much passion and sincerity. How do I know they aren't the true ones?
This. This is what got me when I was nearing adulthood. By the time I joined the Air Force I had become an agnostic (my dog tags declared my religion as "other" because agnostic wasn't an available option). The older I got, the more skeptical I became. It took me until my early thirties to finally let go. And I've spent the last decade wondering why it took me so long.

I usually end up asking people of faith why they believe their particular brand is the "truth". Rarely do I get a response. I think the majority don't realize how arrogant their faith really is, probably because it's cloaked so well as humility (at least to them).

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I know I can't hand you the faith that I have. It's something each individual must seek out.
I realize you feel happy now, but if you ever find yourself wondering what really happens after you die, I hope you take my advice. This life is temporary, we all know that for sure. I choose to believe that the path I have chosen will provide happiness even after this life.
The tortured dead man you so harshly speak of, I believe to be the man that made it possible for happiness to continue after this temporal life. Though I don't expect you to believe in Him, please don't disrespect what you don't fully understand.
I apologize for some of His followers that get caught up in their own pride and give you a bad impression of Him. The only thing I can say, is don't judge Jesus Christ by His followers.
I disagree. You have no more information about life before or after death than I do. All I can go on is what is observed to be true. And it strongly suggests we die, end of story. I don't understand why I need to "seek" a deity or find faith. Again, thanks. But it is kind of arrogant that Christians hold this particular, narrow view and assume that everyone else needs it too.

The world is a much bigger place than the Bible paints it be. And much richer, to boot. Christianity is, at the root, a death cult.
right

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You make it sound like science and your cult are the same thing. Science does not blindly believe rather science disbelieves and tries to prove facts wrong.
And your "ape chart" was created by christians to try to discredit science. Yet another fraud propaganda from your cult.
To the contrary ,Christians highly dispute the Ape to Man Evolution theory. Read this - scientist explain how ape turned to modern man but Christians disagree:

Why do scientists agree that ergaster “is the anchor species for all subsequent humans”? Because H. ergaster walked upright like humans, made tools, had human jaws and teeth, and physically was almost the equal of modern Africans.

H. ergaster was clearly human. And according to evolutionists Wood and Collard, the two “Homo” types before ergaster (habilis and rudolfensis) were ape-like in every major characteristic they were able to test. On the evidence from Wood and Collard's tests, habilis and rudolfensis looked like apes, walked like apes, had jaws and teeth like apes, and they had ape brains.

But H. ergaster was loaded with human features. The only possible comfort that evolutionists could get from H. ergaster having any ape-like feature is that it had a smallish brain. But as it was human in every other way, logic forces us to conclude that ergaster was a human with a small brain, rather than an ape that suddenly acquired all the characteristics of a human without leaving evidence that it ever happened.

So if habilis and rudolfensis were apes in every way, and ergaster (which followed them) was clearly human, where is the evidence that there was ever an ape-human between them? Absolutely none!

We believe that Homo ergaster, Homo erectus, Homo heidelbergensis, and Homo neanderthalensis were simply racial variants of modern humans and, like all humans, were descended from Adam and Eve
So true

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize you feel happy now, but if you ever find yourself wondering what really happens after you die, I hope you take my advice. This life is temporary, we all know that for sure. I choose to believe that the path I have chosen will provide happiness even after this life.well said my dear
well said my dear

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
During sex when these girls would reach orgasm, which happens multiple times on the drug, these girls would speak in tongues even tho I knew they had no religious beliefs.
I could totally see this scene being in a Judd Apatow movie. And it cracks me up thinking about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

73 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Syl 149,709
Sheriff deputies 59 min bell county 14
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr BIG_STEVIE 81,588
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,226
who knows Lecora Smith???? 5 hr sue earren 4
Melinda and Anthony affair 5 hr nasty 6
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 5 hr Answer 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••