Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,866

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98953 Apr 8, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You make it sound like science and your cult are the same thing. Science does not blindly believe rather science disbelieves and tries to prove facts wrong.
And your "ape chart" was created by christians to try to discredit science. Yet another fraud propaganda from your cult.
Thank God...someone needed to point out just how ignorant that "we came from duh apes" theory was.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98954 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no Eve, there was no garden of eden and there is no satan or devil.... That pretty much does away with that post....
There was no Admiral MenÚndez, Captain Jean Ribault, no Native Americans, no land of St Augustine and no ships either.
That pretty much does away with your irrationality.

Worm.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98955 Apr 8, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Then by your understanding you have refuted most religious beliefs.
James 2:19
You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.
See faith and fear are synonymous.
Good luck with your beliefs.
California should be filtering salt out of ocean water and using it to water with, rather than depleting the Colorado river dry at alarming ratios.

WTH is the matter with you people anyway, geez.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98956 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Actually evolution does not teach that man is any greater than other animals,but the bible certainly does.
Most Christains believe a god created the whole universe just for them.
BTW, many who believe in evolution also believe in gods.
Seems to me it takes quite an imagination to believe a god did anything.
No excuses (and THAT is an excuse)

I've never seen a critter read a book.

Worm.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98957 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Egg. Why would you assume this could have no answer?
Wow..hmm.... I was looking at a chicken one day-and the next day I was looking at the chicken AND an egg.

(You don't know either!)
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98958 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So what does Jesus look like?
What did Ceasar look like?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#98959 Apr 8, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it your answer is the egg! Then what kept the egg warm so it could hatch? That's why I know that evolution does not have the answers!
Egg have been around long before any chickens were around. Birds evolved from dinosaurs. Chickens are almost identical in bone structure to dinosaurs.
Not all eggs need to be kept warm.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98960 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing... Eggs were around when there was no land animals at all.. fish lay eggs... Amphibians lay eggs.. So unless you just set rational thought and logic aside Eggs came Millions of years if not Billions of years before dinosaurs, which laid eggs and one genetic line became chickens....
My aquarium is full of viviparous fish. And I KNOW I saw the chicken fist, and Then the egg.
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98961 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Egg have been around long before any chickens were around. Birds evolved from dinosaurs. Chickens are almost identical in bone structure to dinosaurs.
Chicken eggs however, do!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98962 Apr 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Right, I certainly don't agree. For one thing, printing was around since 1450 and the BoM was like 1830. That's a 400 year difference. What makes 1830 so special?

Also, there are other new religions invented in the modern era that are closer to the internet, which is a far, far more powerful advance than printing ever was. By your argument, Scientology has a greater claim to being the word of God since it was invented in the 20th century much closer in time to the internet than the LDS.

That sort of thinking is fallacious because you are beginning with an answer (Mormon is right) and looking for things you believe support your evidence. Confirmation bias plays a role. For example, if there had been some amazing advance in medicine in 1830 that changed the world forever Mormons would constantly claim that it was due to the restoration of the church. But the fact is stuff happens all the time. Why does it have to be about your religion?

Also, most other Protestant faiths have the same claim that you have. They all believe theirs is in direct lineage from the original church. Otherwise, of course, they would admit to following a false religion. So that claim HAS to be made for legitimacy.

Anyway, thanks for the conversation. Very interesting.
Not disagreeing with you that it could easily be coincidence. I just believe that God was preparing the way in His own time. Even the foundation of a free country where the Gospel could be brought forth looks like God's hand at work to me.

And as for the Protestant statement, they should know their own roots.
First, the Bible says you can't grow good fruit from a dead tree. They all believe the Catholic Church was a dead tree.
The founders of both the Baptist and Wesleyan Church readily admitted that Christ's true church was no longer on the earth and would not be unless angels came to restore it.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#98963 Apr 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Marriage is about two consenting adults entering into a contract that is both legally and socially binding. This impending change will not affect that fact. This is just an acknowledgement that biology and reality do not care about tradition and sometimes traditions must change in order to make a more moral world.
You're smarter than this, Q. Weak slippery slope arguments are beneath you.
Q is against gay marriage because he is a republican. He must tow the party line. Note how he is perfectly logical in his arguments on religion, yet keeps failing to be logical when debating politics. That is what happens when someone tries to make his preconceived beliefs sound reasonable. This is why the god believers keep failing the logic test.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#98964 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no Eve, there was no garden of eden and there is no satan or devil.... That pretty much does away with that post....
My mother-in-law says that I am Satan.
Your post is the reality. If people would just get over the "god" thing we could have peace on earth

Location hidden

#98965 Apr 8, 2013
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Egg have been around long before any chickens were around. Birds evolved from dinosaurs. Chickens are almost identical in bone structure to dinosaurs.
Can you explain how a fish laid an egg that produced a chicken? Was there an amphibious chicken in the interim?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98966 Apr 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you explain how a fish laid an egg that produced a chicken? Was there an amphibious chicken in the interim?
TThere where billions of years and many ancestors between the fish and chicken. Also the life in the water was not like the little fish in an aquarium.
Dinosaurs turned in to birds I can not tell you how but it took a long time not ten years
TruthIs

Evarts, KY

#98967 Apr 8, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>My mother-in-law says that I am Satan.
Your post is the reality. If people would just get over the "god" thing we could have peace on earth
lol

If people get over Themselves, and quit trying to blame their OWN STUPIDITY off on other people, things might get a little better again.

Gaw I can't stand that junior high level Mentality kind of chit.

Location hidden

#98970 Apr 8, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>TThere where billions of years and many ancestors between the fish and chicken. Also the life in the water was not like the little fish in an aquarium.
Dinosaurs turned in to birds I can not tell you how but it took a long time not ten years
Just wondering what this chicken's changes looked like. Are there any fossils of a half fish, half chicken creature?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98971 Apr 8, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondering what this chicken's changes looked like. Are there any fossils of a half fish, half chicken creature?
Are there any fossils of half human, half chicken creatures? I've see statues of them on certain buildings.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Heidrick, KY

#98972 Apr 8, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
Nonsense. Marriage is about two consenting adults entering into a contract that is both legally and socially binding. This impending change will not affect that fact. This is just an acknowledgement that biology and reality do not care about tradition and sometimes traditions must change in order to make a more moral world.
You're smarter than this, Q. Weak slippery slope arguments are beneath you.
Slippery Slopes are one of the Best Arguments on issues... I can show many a slippery slope that started as a toe in the door law or policy that has become ominous....

a year from now, 10 years from now, 15 years from now after Marriage sets the precedent as being two women or two men along comes a Mormon with 3 wives and files for a marriage lic ... His Argument before the court that changed the definition of marriage is ....

"Nonsense. Marriage is about consenting adults entering into a contract that is both legally and socially binding. This impending change will not affect that fact. This is just an acknowledgement that biology and reality do not care about tradition and sometimes traditions must change in order to make a more moral world."

Then in a few more years after goats are given Rights... It's an ugly slope...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98974 Apr 8, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Slippery Slopes are one of the Best Arguments on issues... I can show many a slippery slope that started as a toe in the door law or policy that has become ominous....
a year from now, 10 years from now, 15 years from now after Marriage sets the precedent as being two women or two men along comes a Mormon with 3 wives and files for a marriage lic ... His Argument before the court that changed the definition of marriage is ....
"Nonsense. Marriage is about consenting adults entering into a contract that is both legally and socially binding. This impending change will not affect that fact. This is just an acknowledgement that biology and reality do not care about tradition and sometimes traditions must change in order to make a more moral world."
Then in a few more years after goats are given Rights... It's an ugly slope...
Have you concidered that you are just repeating what was said in the 70's about black and white marriage?
How about, marriage is not about anything except property and what 2, 3, 4 and a horse, people do in private that does not harm any one is (gross but) no one elses business?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#98975 Apr 8, 2013
The bible defines marriage as male/female. So do all the other holy texts that mention marriage. There is no right to same sex marriage because there is no gender equality right in the US Constitution. All people are equal before the law, but not equal to one another. Natural law defines men and women different so marriage that combines both sexes may be integrated and gender diverse. Same sex marriage is a regression not justified by law, consideration of the greater good or consideration of the consequences.

I contend same sex marriage would harm homosexuals, singles, married couples and their children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kids free glasses and hearing checked 1 hr Hot T OTC 7
missing pit bull 2 hr not joking 8
truck payments 2 hr lol 12
barbourville teen: snake in the grass 3 hr Tom Anderson 2
Need food badly 4 hr lol 31
Porsche mills 4 hr Info 21
Chad Michael Merida Florida jail 5 hr Ghost face 3223 29
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:55 am PST

NBC Sports 4:55AM
Sen'Derrick Marks has 600,000 reasons to play hard tonight
Bleacher Report 5:06 AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
Bleacher Report10:57 AM
After 13 Games on the Bench, Browns Need to Show Patience with Johnny Manziel