Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,321 - 94,340 of 130,625 Comments Last updated 57 min ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#98723 Apr 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>They deny the Truth of irreducible complexity...
It does not jive with their truth....
ID gives them a headache!
Irreducible complexity is not a Truth.

Mind your 9th commandment.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98724 Apr 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>A smart person smelted Iron, and built the Maserati....
A smart entity put proteins together, and created DNA...
128^10 against that happing by chance...
ASTRONOMICAL IMPROBABLILITY!
DNA is not made of proteins.
Mind your 9th commandment.
sin

Sheridan, AR

#98725 Apr 6, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted while bobble-heading no doubt too lol
...I'm sure you head was bobbing alright, on a penis deep down your throat.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98726 Apr 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us take this one step at a time;
1)For every body of evidence supporting evolution,I can provide you with a supporting body of evidence refuting evolution.
Jhonathan Sarpati Ph.D. 15 loopholes in the evolutionary theory of the origins of life
Early stage ofChemical evolution Theories byDuane Gish PhD
& Theories of Origin of Life By Charles Q. Choi PhD
17 evidences against evolution by Kenneth martin PhD
The scientific case against evolution by Henry D. Morris PhD
These and many other scientists,refute the theory of evolution.
2)I am interested in knowing how life was created ,the theory of evolution is unable to provide that answer.
They present theories based on suppositions,not facts, as to how life may have created. When putting their theories to the test,they have been unable to create even the simplest form of life,let alone being able to create the complex human bodies that we inhabit.
By their own admission,Evolutionists admit,that they have no factual evidence as to how life was created.
Since evolution does not provide an answer to my question,I need look elsewhwere for an answer.
That is where God comes in,and in Genesis I find an answer.
This answer suggests that a Supernatural"SPIRITUAL BEING"is the creator.
this supreme being says he is God,,But how can I prove God exists,
I can not,because as a human,I am unable to prove or comprehend that which is Spiritual or supernatural. The only one who can prove God's existence is God himself. And,in the Bible,he tells you
what you need to do,in order for him to reveal himself to you.
Here are some;
Deuteronomy 4:29
But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Jeremiah 29:12-14
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord,.
Proverbs 8:17
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.
When I put those statements to the test,their validity was confirmed,,,,(I have posted this before)
I sought God,through prayer,seeking answers to problems that I have faced in my life and for which I could not find a solution.
As a result of my prayers,requestind his help,those problems were resolved inways that I would have never imagined.
that is how God revealed himself to me,,,answered prayers
He did not talk to me,he did not appear to me and no,I did not hear voices in my head.
As the Apostle Paul stated;To the unbeliever,the existence of God is nonsense,because natural man cannot come to a knowledge of God.
The knowledge of God is spiritually discerned...
That is the basis for my faith...You don't have to believe it,that is your choice...contrary to the opinion of satans Priest,who accused me of being a con man, I have nothing to gain by trying to con anyone.....Iam merely sharing the reasons for my faith.
If,at some point in your life,you conclude that you need God's assistance,do not be afraid to put him to the test.
If you diligently seek him,you will find him
Opinion and possible conjecture does not equate to evidence.

No one (that I'm aware of) is arguing that the evidence supporting evolution is complete. But, the overwhelming majority of the scientific community is convinced that it is the best explanation based on the evidence.
I'm sure if you were able to travel back in time you'd find a handful of dissenting academic opinions about the earth being spherical instead of flat.

Why do you think a handful of dissenting opinions equates (and negates) the entire fossil record?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98727 Apr 6, 2013
“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
kids are so cute

Morehead, KY

#98728 Apr 6, 2013
For all you grown ups,you are wasting your time trying to help these little kids understand God. Look at their names,Satanic Priest,Skeptical Spectacles, ChromiuMan-they are too young to comprehend anything but evolution. Evolution is wishful thinking. Like some super magic formula.
Though they claim that this "energy " is so great and has evolved itself into every living breathing creation,created the heavens and earth,they still have not found it.
Only fools think that something not able to speak,think or breath can accomplish more than they can.

I actually feel sorry for these 3 kids (probably learned all this rubbish from their parents .
But it is a truth ,mankind either believes in some God ,or something that CREATED all things.Evolution is just the most absurd!
At least God (Jesus Christ ) was here on earth,done great miracles ,and even raised from death. I prefer the Bible ,so God is my choice!
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98729 Apr 6, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
You are even funnier! Read the WHOLE story. It's not about FORCING anyone to learn the Bible, it's about allowing The Bible as an ELECTIVE Course in High School.
That's the really funny part about this whole thread--how many actually must not have comprehended the word "Elective".

Got some of 'em so shook up to read the word bible they started having immediate melt downs...as if we live in a nation of commie cafeteria ladies, handing a bowl of peas to each and every student daily, hoovering over them with wooden spoons, "forcing" them to "eat their peas daily" and like it.

NOT in these United States of the 21st century. Not for those that live in REALITY anyway.

GOD Bless America, may we always have DEMOCRACY and educational institutions with some choices of "ELECTIVES" because dark age Communism sucks!
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98730 Apr 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”-Friedrich Nietzsche
Why be mean and hateful if anyone doesn't really have to be though?

Being negative is such wastes of energy.
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98731 Apr 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I snipped repetitive drivel... No One does Not need chromosomes from the female and from the Male to create a new organism... Humans Do because we Evolved to reproduce that way over Billions of years, that variation of reproduction evolved before Humans were walking on 4 legs... Long before Humans moved onto land from the sea... But the Statement "So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." That is Not Fact in All Organisms... Many Organisms retained the ability to reproduce without Male or Females.... Humans (actually all Vertebrates) Evolved billions of years ago to reproduce using genetic material from another of it's species... Some laid eggs, some gave live births .. Then along the way Mammals evolved to give live birth and maintain gender specific genetics... Some of our ancestor vertebrates retained the ability to be male or female dependent on populations and environment...
So to Make it Simple because I have No Doubt you didn't understand what I wrote ... The Statement "So,one needs the chromosomes from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." Is Not True for all Organisms...
Plait, P. "Dark energy stunts your growth". Slate;Astronomy. Dec 16 2008.

I believe that.:-)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#98732 Apr 6, 2013
Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Theory, But, If, and Millions of years ago is all I hear, Never concrete evidence of anything.
Dinosaurs turning into Robins but you question someone's faith, I guess you think Global Warming and Aliens are real to. Lol Seems to me you drunk the Kool Aid and want others to have a drink.
Miracles and unexplained really happen everyday. Faith Required..
All you hear is bits of stories told on the discovery channel before you switch the channel because you think is blasphemy.... We actually have these things called colleges and universities where you can actually go and learn the details, go into the field and dig the evidence, learn how the dozens of dating methods work, learn anatomy, compare skeletal structure and layout.... Yes a line of Donos evolved to be Robins... the Raptor line and if you look at a early embryo of a chick in the shell you will find it has a tail that stops forming before hatching and finger bones that grow to become wings... If you turn on one gene a chicken grows teeth.. All of which has been studied, tested and verified.. Evidence has been found all around the globe... Just because you choose to remain uneducated on the evidence is Your problem not mine, All I can do is explain it to you I cannot understand it for you......
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98733 Apr 6, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Just keep on keepin on. Life's a garden, dig it.
At least we got beyond that stupid ape pictograph-most ignorant chart ah ever laid eyes upon.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98734 Apr 6, 2013
kids are so cute wrote:
For all you grown ups,you are wasting your time trying to help these little kids understand God. Look at their names,Satanic Priest,Skeptical Spectacles, ChromiuMan-they are too young to comprehend anything but evolution. Evolution is wishful thinking. Like some super magic formula.
Though they claim that this "energy " is so great and has evolved itself into every living breathing creation,created the heavens and earth,they still have not found it.
Only fools think that something not able to speak,think or breath can accomplish more than they can.
I actually feel sorry for these 3 kids (probably learned all this rubbish from their parents .
But it is a truth ,mankind either believes in some God ,or something that CREATED all things.Evolution is just the most absurd!
At least God (Jesus Christ ) was here on earth,done great miracles ,and even raised from death. I prefer the Bible ,so God is my choice!
"Grown up?" Unlike wishful thinking in an invisible man speaking the universe into existence, there is nothing magical, mystical or supernatural about the Theory of Evolution. You still believe in "As I lay me down to sleep" and closet monsters and that a 1600 year old book was divinely inspired by the ultimate metaphysical being, then speculate on MY upbringing and education?
You know why I picked the silly nickname "ChromiuMan?" Because unlike the utter void of superstition, chrome is reflective.
Grow up.

#98735 Apr 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
What hope do you have?
to rot in a box, or see the Beauty of a fresh new world?
I'll stay with what I know, and rejoice in the fresh new world!
That whole Hopey Changey thing is not my cup of tea... I'll stay grounded in reality and enjoy the ride through the mountains and stop now and then to photograph stuff, enjoy life and be happy with the time I have...

#98736 Apr 6, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Plait, P. "Dark energy stunts your growth". Slate;Astronomy. Dec 16 2008.
I believe that.:-)
I on the other hand don't Believe in anything, ever... I Know, I Think I Know or I Do Not Know... I Never believe....

As for Dark Energy if you read my Postulate I see Dark Energy / Dark Matter as the Left Over Unified Indefinable Energy that all physical matter converted out of... It exists in the space between all Physical matter and acts as an inverse tensor between all massive objects causing the Effect we call Gravity.....
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98737 Apr 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fox, Beck, Bush - are those televangelists? I suppose you were an avid attendee of Hinn's services when he was at Faith World? I think you got smacked in the head a couple too many times.
Whoooooooooooooo at whereeeeeeeeeeee? I think you been habing yer head stuck in the regurgitated poo of too many haters of the Constitutional right of freedom OF religion.
And that measly dolluh on the end of that ol' man crotchety fishing pole string aint enough for SANE people to bang their heads against bricks, so Forget that chit buddy!

Now mind your tenth commandment!!

#98738 Apr 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is....
128^10 against....
Sure!
On a Universal Scale that's a very small number...
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98739 Apr 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Q is much better educated and knowledgeable than I am. This is shown in every post.
While I can grasp the concepts of energy and matter he has more knowledge about them than I do.
You on the other hand have no idea so it must be god.
I bet you think god puts electricity at your house for you because you can not understand how else it gets there
Just don't let him try and change a flat tire LOL
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98740 Apr 6, 2013
sin wrote:
<quoted text>
...I'm sure you head was bobbing alright, on a penis deep down your throat.
I'm married-and if it was or wasn't-- that 'aint NONE! of your business.

You perverted freak.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98741 Apr 6, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the really funny part about this whole thread--how many actually must not have comprehended the word "Elective".
Got some of 'em so shook up to read the word bible they started having immediate melt downs...as if we live in a nation of commie cafeteria ladies, handing a bowl of peas to each and every student daily, hoovering over them with wooden spoons, "forcing" them to "eat their peas daily" and like it.
NOT in these United States of the 21st century. Not for those that live in REALITY anyway.
GOD Bless America, may we always have DEMOCRACY and educational institutions with some choices of "ELECTIVES" because dark age Communism sucks!
And to inform children about this "elective" and to promote this "elective" preachers and other church members will fo to all of the class rooms and tell all of the students that they will go to Hell if they do not worship god and of course in order to play sports or other "extra" things (like band) you must take this "elective"
This is a sneak attack to brain wash children
Why can't you be happy to push your cult in your own church?
Hey, how about an "elective" to teach Witchcraft?
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98742 Apr 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>

You know why I picked the silly nickname "ChromiuMan?" Because unlike the utter void of superstition, chrome is reflective.
Grow up.
That's interesting...and very logical.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min Former Kentuckian 2,151
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Le Jimbo 151,518
Who read Dennis Gibson's post on Facebook? What... 12 min Crooks 0
Stivers center swin coach abandons children in ... (Mar '12) 23 min Truth 66
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 45 min Okie dokie 7
I have nothing to say.. 1 hr welp 6
knox board of ed raising taxes 1 hr enough is enough 14
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••