Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,715)

Showing posts 94,281 - 94,300 of123,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So you would not want to force innocent children to read the bible (being taught as fact) in public schools?
And disagreeing with you is not disrespectful, not allowing you to tell lies is not disrespectful, and laughing at you when you say absurd things is just funny
You are even funnier! Read the WHOLE story. It's not about FORCING anyone to learn the Bible, it's about allowing The Bible as an ELECTIVE Course in High School. I believe if a student @ that age would like to study The Bible, it's not for you or anyone else that doesn't like the Bible to say they do not have the right to do so! Maybe they would come from a home like yours & only hear what your thoughts are on the Bible & might want to know why you think as you do & learn for their self. I didn't say disagreeing with me was disrespectful, I said replies don't have to be disrespectful when disagreeing!
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Who or how determines this process? There is no who going around controlling pregnancy and genetics. How? Read a biology book (if you can grasp simple complexes that is)
Since you are unable to explain how the male species was able to create itself,or how the female species was able to create itself and then,independently and without prior knowledge of how one or the other is constructed,somehow,were able to develop a process by which they'the male and female"would be able to insure the continuation of the human species,which occurs when the chromosoms of the male fertilizes the chrosomes"egg'' of the female.
The reason you,or anyone else can not explain it is because that is not how we came into BEING.
So then,you are left with 2 choices,admit that you do not know how it happened or respond with an answer that has NO relationship whatsoever with the question being posed.Obviously you opted for the second choice...
Since you are unable to answer my question,there is no further need to continue this debate
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Again you not understanding what you copy and paste is the crux of the problem... That is Not a Fact... There are men born with 2 X, women born with 1 Y and several variations on the theme... and in several Living Organisms Males can Convert to Female and vice versa... I can change if some animals are Male or Female simple by changing the ambient temperature during gestation... Some species reproduce by a sexuality and their offspring are exact copies of themselves... Some species can form reproductions of themselves by simply breaking up into assorted body parts...
In your response to what I posted,you conveniently deleted the partthat contained the question which you are unable to answer and instead answered a question which I have not asked;
Here is the part you deleted
"So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact.
So you need both sets of chromosomes,from the female and from the male, in order to create an organism.
Evolution would have us believe that MAN,evolved and somehow,was able to develop this chromosome that provides us with half of the very complex formula needed to create a new organism.
This formula is unknown to Evolutionists,they can neither explain it or duplicate it.
Apart from that,you need the chromosomes from a woman,
in order for this process"creation of a new organism" to take place.
So now,we need for a woman to evolve in such a manner that her chromosomes,when combined with those of the man ,is able to create an organism after it's own species.
So,according to evolutionists,man evolved into a living being,by coincidence,not by design.
Apart from that,woman,also by coincidence,evolved into a living being,with a complex brain,eyes,heart,liver and other vital organs,needed in order to come to life,same organs needed by man,not only that,but also woman had to have the other half of the formula needed in order to continue the survival of the human species.
So,one is to believe that this all occurred by coincidence,by a series of events that are unexplainable...
No matterhow much or what you study,Evolution nor science can explain this process.
Nonliving and nonintelligent matter is unable to evolve into the living ,intelligent and complex being that we know as the human race.
Science nor evolution,nor you or Satanic Priest nor quantum mist is able to explain or duplicate this process. To merely claim that IT Happened,but we don't know how it happened,does not answer the question
If,you can explain to me how to separate entities of the human species,man and woman,were able to evolve into compatible partners in order to insure the continuation of the species,let me know
PS..The above written,contains the basis for my question,which you are not able answer and deleted that portion when responding to what I posted.One must conclude that this is an attempt to avoid the question,as if it had not been asked and giving a response to a question that has not been asked,THEn claiming that,YOU answered the question
Since you are not able to answer the question I posed and are doing everything possible not to answer it,then,there is no further need to continue this discussion.
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
@curious, you are not smart enough nor slick enough to con people. Your tactics may work on innocent children but everything you post is like this "there are two colors, red and green so god is real" (when in fact there are millions of colors)
It is amazing,you claim that man was not created by God,because,according to you there is no God.
When challenged on your beliefs as to how humans came into existence,how life came into being,you are unable to respond in a manner that makes sense supported by facts.
The fact that you are not able to respond,leads you to make the unsubstantiated allegation that I am attempting to con you..
To which I respond;
A fool is known by his lack of wisdom"

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
In your response to what I posted,you conveniently deleted the partthat contained the question which you are unable to answer and instead answered a question which I have not asked;
Here is the part you deleted
"So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact.
So you need both sets of chromosomes,from the female and from the male, in order to create an organism.
Evolution would have us believe that MAN,evolved and somehow,was able to develop this chromosome that provides us with half of the very complex formula needed to create a new organism.
I snipped repetitive drivel... No One does Not need chromosomes from the female and from the Male to create a new organism... Humans Do because we Evolved to reproduce that way over Billions of years, that variation of reproduction evolved before Humans were walking on 4 legs... Long before Humans moved onto land from the sea... But the Statement "So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." That is Not Fact in All Organisms... Many Organisms retained the ability to reproduce without Male or Females.... Humans (actually all Vertebrates) Evolved billions of years ago to reproduce using genetic material from another of it's species... Some laid eggs, some gave live births .. Then along the way Mammals evolved to give live birth and maintain gender specific genetics... Some of our ancestor vertebrates retained the ability to be male or female dependent on populations and environment...

So to Make it Simple because I have No Doubt you didn't understand what I wrote ... The Statement "So,one needs the chromosomes from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." Is Not True for all Organisms...
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It is amazing,you claim that man was not created by God,because,according to you there is no God.
When challenged on your beliefs as to how humans came into existence,how life came into being,you are unable to respond in a manner that makes sense supported by facts.
The fact that you are not able to respond,leads you to make the unsubstantiated allegation that I am attempting to con you..
To which I respond;
Amen! Proverbs 12:23 A prudent man concealeth knowledge: but the heart of fools proclaimeth foolishness. Proverbs 29:9 If a wise man contendeth with a foolish man, whether he rage or laugh, there is no rest.
I have FAITH in God's Word & follow It to the best of my ability, therefore, I will no longer respond to shear foolishness. Having said this, I believe I should bow out of this thread. I would SURELY rather PLEASE GOD than man!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
To which I respond;
He made perfect sense.. Just because you do not have the mental ability to understand does not make what he stated wrong...
excuse me

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are unable to explain how the male species was able to create itself,or how the female species was able to create itself and then,independently and without prior knowledge of how one or the other is constructed,somehow,were able to develop a process by which they'the male and female"would be able to insure the continuation of the human species,which occurs when the chromosoms of the male fertilizes the chrosomes"egg'' of the female.
The reason you,or anyone else can not explain it is because that is not how we came into BEING.
So then,you are left with 2 choices,admit that you do not know how it happened or respond with an answer that has NO relationship whatsoever with the question being posed.Obviously you opted for the second choice...
Since you are unable to answer my question,there is no further need to continue this debate
Thats because the Athiest or Non Believer use an amazing technique I refer to as "Drop, Defer, and Delete when all else fails"
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I snipped repetitive drivel... No One does Not need chromosomes from the female and from the Male to create a new organism... Humans Do because we Evolved to reproduce that way over Billions of years, that variation of reproduction evolved before Humans were walking on 4 legs... Long before Humans moved onto land from the sea... But the Statement "So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." That is Not Fact in All Organisms... Many Organisms retained the ability to reproduce without Male or Females.... Humans (actually all Vertebrates) Evolved billions of years ago to reproduce using genetic material from another of it's species... Some laid eggs, some gave live births .. Then along the way Mammals evolved to give live birth and maintain gender specific genetics... Some of our ancestor vertebrates retained the ability to be male or female dependent on populations and environment...
So to Make it Simple because I have No Doubt you didn't understand what I wrote ... The Statement "So,one needs the chromosomes from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." Is Not True for all Organisms...
Well.if your intent is to snip repetitive drivel,you may want to start by snipping all vthe drivel you have posted on this and other websites.
If you start this weekend,you may be able to accomplish the job by december,just in time for the holidays.
Then of course,when one is challenged on their erroneous beliefs and is unable to justify what they believe in,then one can make the allegation of "snipping repetitive drivel"
A fool is known,by his lack of wisdom
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
He made perfect sense.. Just because you do not have the mental ability to understand does not make what he stated wrong...
Given that i believe that you are posting under both names,I can see where you would come to your own defense,albeit,using another nickname.
Nevertheless,your postings merely serve to confirm the following;
Afool is known by his lack of wisdom
Evolution

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Hello I am Evolution- I started from nothing,for nothing was in existence (no form of matter existed absolutely nothing.)
But over billions of years some unknown material evolved ,and I with no body,no brain,no eyes ,no legs,no feet ,no heart,no life created everything.
But as hard as this is to believe, I am responsible for all forms of life now living on planet earth,and through out the universe.
Only the very wise can comprehend this. Behold all stars,moon,sun,mankind,animals ,insects,birds,fish, plants ,trees ,all done by one with no life ,no brain .MIRACLE? Yes that's me ,Behold EVOLUTION

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that i believe that you are posting under both names,I can see where you would come to your own defense,albeit,using another nickname.
Nevertheless,your postings merely serve to confirm the following;
Afool is known by his lack of wisdom
"Given that i believe that you are posting under both names"

Then your just Stupid... Never mind.....
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect it wouldn't matter to you if there was an answer.
The fact that you are willing to throw out the existing (and extensive) body of evidence that supports evolution and accept a story that has no evidence because every detail isn't exhaustively spelled out speaks volumes about your rationality.
Why is it that you don't apply the same inquisitive rigor to your own beliefs? Where did your god come from? Explain that to me.
Let us take this one step at a time;
1)For every body of evidence supporting evolution,I can provide you with a supporting body of evidence refuting evolution.
Jhonathan Sarpati Ph.D. 15 loopholes in the evolutionary theory of the origins of life
Early stage ofChemical evolution Theories byDuane Gish PhD
& Theories of Origin of Life By Charles Q. Choi PhD
17 evidences against evolution by Kenneth martin PhD
The scientific case against evolution by Henry D. Morris PhD
These and many other scientists,refute the theory of evolution.
2)I am interested in knowing how life was created ,the theory of evolution is unable to provide that answer.
They present theories based on suppositions,not facts, as to how life may have created. When putting their theories to the test,they have been unable to create even the simplest form of life,let alone being able to create the complex human bodies that we inhabit.
By their own admission,Evolutionists admit,that they have no factual evidence as to how life was created.
Since evolution does not provide an answer to my question,I need look elsewhwere for an answer.
That is where God comes in,and in Genesis I find an answer.
This answer suggests that a Supernatural"SPIRITUAL BEING"is the creator.
this supreme being says he is God,,But how can I prove God exists,
I can not,because as a human,I am unable to prove or comprehend that which is Spiritual or supernatural. The only one who can prove God's existence is God himself. And,in the Bible,he tells you
what you need to do,in order for him to reveal himself to you.
Here are some;
Deuteronomy 4:29
But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Jeremiah 29:12-14
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord,.

Proverbs 8:17
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

When I put those statements to the test,their validity was confirmed,,,,(I have posted this before)
I sought God,through prayer,seeking answers to problems that I have faced in my life and for which I could not find a solution.
As a result of my prayers,requestind his help,those problems were resolved inways that I would have never imagined.
that is how God revealed himself to me,,,answered prayers
He did not talk to me,he did not appear to me and no,I did not hear voices in my head.
As the Apostle Paul stated;To the unbeliever,the existence of God is nonsense,because natural man cannot come to a knowledge of God.
The knowledge of God is spiritually discerned...
That is the basis for my faith...You don't have to believe it,that is your choice...contrary to the opinion of satans Priest,who accused me of being a con man, I have nothing to gain by trying to con anyone.....Iam merely sharing the reasons for my faith.
If,at some point in your life,you conclude that you need God's assistance,do not be afraid to put him to the test.
If you diligently seek him,you will find him
curious

Winter Garden, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Evolution wrote:
Hello I am Evolution- I started from nothing,for nothing was in existence (no form of matter existed absolutely nothing.)
But over billions of years some unknown material evolved ,and I with no body,no brain,no eyes ,no legs,no feet ,no heart,no life created everything.
But as hard as this is to believe, I am responsible for all forms of life now living on planet earth,and through out the universe.
Only the very wise can comprehend this. Behold all stars,moon,sun,mankind,animals ,insects,birds,fish, plants ,trees ,all done by one with no life ,no brain .MIRACLE? Yes that's me ,Behold EVOLUTION
GRRRREAT Post and greatly appreciated'

You have finally answered the question that I have been posing and which no one on this website had been able to answer....LOL
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us take this one step at a time;
1)For every body of evidence supporting evolution,I can provide you with a supporting body of evidence refuting evolution.
Jhonathan Sarpati Ph.D. 15 loopholes in the evolutionary theory of the origins of life
Early stage ofChemical evolution Theories byDuane Gish PhD
& Theories of Origin of Life By Charles Q. Choi PhD
17 evidences against evolution by Kenneth martin PhD
The scientific case against evolution by Henry D. Morris PhD
These and many other scientists,refute the theory of evolution.
2)I am interested in knowing how life was created ,the theory of evolution is unable to provide that answer.
The Challenge of the Fossil Record, by Duane T. Gish, 1985, pp. 180-204. These books must, of course, be taken with a large grain of salt because they, too, leave out whatever evidence does not support their ideas.

Subj : Jehovah Witness' Little Blue Lie

The following is extracted from a general commentary on the
Watchtower Society book _Life - How Did It Get Here? By Evolution
Or By Creation?

http://www.skeptictank.org/files/moretext/jwi...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>Posted while bobble-heading no doubt too lol
Just keep on keepin on. Life's a garden, dig it.
Evolution

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

This is Evolution again. Thanks to all who believe in me.
True I am hard to believe in,seeing as I came from absolutely nothing, I did not exist,but if you know me, you know that a small bit of a supernatural matter formed me.
Even though I had no bodily form and no brain, I created all things your eyes behold.
And I am the greatest of all,therefore I, Evolution will be taught in your schools and passed on for generations. Man will write books and try to find out my secrets, but mankind will never create a single star in the universe(though I created millions. Me with no body,no eyes,no ears,no brain. Man says he does not worship me but I know better,for he keeps me in his thoughts always wanting to dig deeper and find the truth . Behold I, Evolution is Truth . Ha ha once you believe in me , Evolution ,you will always believe.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I snipped repetitive drivel... No One does Not need chromosomes from the female and from the Male to create a new organism... Humans Do because we Evolved to reproduce that way over Billions of years, that variation of reproduction evolved before Humans were walking on 4 legs... Long before Humans moved onto land from the sea... But the Statement "So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." That is Not Fact in All Organisms... Many Organisms retained the ability to reproduce without Male or Females.... Humans (actually all Vertebrates) Evolved billions of years ago to reproduce using genetic material from another of it's species... Some laid eggs, some gave live births .. Then along the way Mammals evolved to give live birth and maintain gender specific genetics... Some of our ancestor vertebrates retained the ability to be male or female dependent on populations and environment...

How does this not require the same amount of faith to believe since no one can explain the "along the way" part?

How could a specie go from laying eggs to giving birth? What does that transition look like? There's not much of a middle ground there for it to be a combination of the two.
Evolution

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

Evolution wrote:
This is Evolution again. Thanks to all who believe in me.
True I am hard to believe in,seeing as I came from absolutely nothing, I did not exist,but if you know me, you know that a small bit of a supernatural matter formed me.
Even though I had no bodily form and no brain, I created all things your eyes behold.
And I am the greatest of all,therefore I, Evolution will be taught in your schools and passed on for generations. Man will write books and try to find out my secrets, but mankind will never create a single star in the universe(though I created millions. Me with no body,no eyes,no ears,no brain. Man says he does not worship me but I know better,for he keeps me in his thoughts always wanting to dig deeper and find the truth . Behold I, Evolution is Truth . Ha ha once you believe in me , Evolution ,you will always believe.
It seems this topic gives two choices , either evolution or God.
Evolution is so far fetched that God is the only logical choice.
In my opinion neither should be taught in school.I believe in the Bible,but as this post through out proves that would only lead to arguing.
And evolution is totally fictional.(the reason I posted the above,it really is that stupid )
Teach science and biology as a subject ,without mentioning the creation ,and no will argue. The fairy tale of evolution should be listed under fiction,if at all.
But all these post has helped me and others to increase our faith in God,reading all the nonsense on evolution only made it clear that it is unbelievable.
Shall We Dance

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 5, 2013

Judged:

How many of you actually read the article? Judging by most of the comments, very few. This thread is about introducing legislature of an Elective Bible course, There are Bible classes already in SOME SCHOOLS. What a curve ball, going from a proposed bill being introduced to Non-Believer to Believer which side are you on thread!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 94,281 - 94,300 of123,004
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 min Ancient Wolf 81,234
Michael Warren 1 hr lol 5
Roger Woolum 1 hr Concerned 5
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Jay 138,847
Petition for barbourville city council to RESIGN 2 hr guss 11
Barbourville Street Dept truck at Ernies Liquor... 3 hr guss 3
Morgan Grant is in the slammer for 2 months 3 hr lol 3
Corey vs. Collins 6 hr Truth 67
•••