Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,241 - 94,260 of 130,623 Comments Last updated 4 min ago

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98641 Apr 5, 2013
sin wrote:
Faith is the surrender of the mind, it's the surrender of reason, it's the surrender of the only thing that makes us different from other animals. It's our need to believe and to surrender our skepticism and our reason, our yearning to discard that and put all our trust or faith in someone or something, that is the sinister thing to me.... Out of all the virtues, all the supposed virtues, faith must be the most overrated
This coming from someone with no faith?

If anything, it is not the most overrated. It may qualify for most misunderstood, most misused in arguments, or most arrogance promoting.
Those with faith in God should not suppose those without it are bad people. Those without faith should not suppose someone with faith, ignorant.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#98642 Apr 5, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I kept reading this and thinking "Is there a new show involving robots on A&E that I'm missing out on?"
Adam and Eve, Arts and Entertainment... fiction is fiction. If you want a show on robots, the networks you're looking for are CTN, CBN, et al.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98643 Apr 5, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
This coming from someone with no faith?
If anything, it is not the most overrated. It may qualify for most misunderstood, most misused in arguments, or most arrogance promoting.
Those with faith in God should not suppose those without it are bad people. Those without faith should not suppose someone with faith, ignorant.
Uh-huh. Google televangelist and get back with us on that.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#98644 Apr 5, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying this, but evolution theory has nothing to do with the origin of life.
Some folks at Berkeley have a little presentation that explains it in an easy to digest format:
http://evolution.berkeley.edu/evosite/misconc...
That's a good link, I will stick out my neck and say that curious is a JW just by the way he/she post questions and reading from their life book that you can buy on amazon for $2.00 (go figure).

JW's think they will be demonized by reading any material or than what the watchtower permits, but some of them will look and start to question their beliefs.

The atheists debating here are contributing to a good cause debunking false information presented by creationist arguments. Keep up the good work.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98645 Apr 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Science is not unable to provide an answer of how and where x and y chromosomal transfer takes place. There are simple fauna and flora that contain both. Intelligence has nothing to do with it. You want to think that because "God created man" that humans are unique and superior among the animal kingdom, and that is not the case. To answer your questions, you need to be willing to look at all domains of life, not merely the mammalian clade.
It is a common failure of creationists to overlook that a wheelbarrow and a Maserati are both nothing more than compound machines. They are so impressed with the sports car versions of life that they have no appreciation for the basket, the lever and the wheel and axle.
You wrote" To answer your questions, you need to be willing to look at all domains of life, not merely the mammalian clade"
I fail to see how that answers my question;
"Chromosomes contain the SET OF INSTRUCTIONS to create an organism. Men have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome, the latter being responsible for the characteristics that make men male, including the male sexual organs and the ability to produce sperm. In contrast, women have two copies of the X chromosome. But, because the X chromosome carries a bigger instruction manual than the Y chromosome, biology's solution is to largely inactivate one X chromosome in females, giving one functional copy of the X in both men and women.
So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact.
So you need both sets of chromosomes,from the female and from the male, in order to create an organism.
Evolution would have us believe that MAN,evolved and somehow,was able to develop this chromosome that provides us with half of the very complex formula needed to create a new organism.
This formula is unknown to Evolutionists,they can neither explain it or duplicate it.
Apart from that,you need the chromosomes from a woman,
in order for this process"creation of a new organism" to take place.
So now,we need for a woman to evolve in such a manner that her chromosomes,when combined with those of the man ,is able to create an organism after it's own species.
So,according to evolutionists,man evolved into a living being,by coincidence,not by design.
Apart from that,woman,also by coincidence,evolved into a living being,with a complex brain,eyes,heart,liver and other vital organs,needed in order to come to life,same organs needed by man,not only that,but also woman had to have the other half of the formula needed in order to continue the survival of the human species.
So,one is to believe that this all occurred by coincidence,by a series of events that are unexplainable...
No matterhow much or what you study,Evolution nor science can explain this process.
Nonliving and nonintelligent matter is unable to evolve into the living ,intelligent and complex being that we know as the human race.
Science nor evolution,nor you or Satanic Priest nor quantum mist is able to explain or duplicate this process. To merely claim that IT Happened,but we don't know how it happened,does not answer the question
If,you can explain to me how to separate entities of the human species,man and woman,were able to evolve into compatible partners in order to insure the continuation of the species,let me know

Location hidden

#98646 Apr 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Uh-huh. Google televangelist and get back with us on that.
My point exactly

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#98647 Apr 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If I took your advice and took courses in Science,biology etc. I,like you,would still be unable to answer the question I posed.
The reason being that,neither you or anyone else can provide an answer based on the evolutionary theory.
Obviously,the one who is confused is you,avoiding my question,is not an appropriate answer to my question.
Nevertheless,your answer does confirm my belief..
Which is,You really can not answer my question,,,But,I already knew that
Again you start from a Flawed mindset... Evolutionary Theory only deals with how animals and plants change over time... And I did answer your question... You do not understand the answer... And beyond that you show no sign that you even understand the question... And I can fully understand how you not understanding the question or the answer to the question confirms your Belief...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#98648 Apr 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
You wrote" To answer your questions, you need to be willing to look at all domains of life, not merely the mammalian clade"
"Chromosomes contain the SET OF INSTRUCTIONS to create an organism. Men have one X chromosome and one Y chromosome, the latter being responsible for the characteristics that make men male, including the male sexual organs and the ability to produce sperm. In contrast, women have two copies of the X chromosome. But, because the X chromosome carries a bigger instruction manual than the Y chromosome, biology's solution is to largely inactivate one X chromosome in females, giving one functional copy of the X in both men and women.
So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact.
Again you not understanding what you copy and paste is the crux of the problem... That is Not a Fact... There are men born with 2 X, women born with 1 Y and several variations on the theme... and in several Living Organisms Males can Convert to Female and vice versa... I can change if some animals are Male or Female simple by changing the ambient temperature during gestation... Some species reproduce by a sexuality and their offspring are exact copies of themselves... Some species can form reproductions of themselves by simply breaking up into assorted body parts...

Location hidden

#98649 Apr 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect it wouldn't matter to you if there was an answer.
The fact that you are willing to throw out the existing (and extensive) body of evidence that supports evolution and accept a story that has no evidence because every detail isn't exhaustively spelled out speaks volumes about your rationality.

Why is it that you don't apply the same inquisitive rigor to your own beliefs? Where did your god come from? Explain that to me.

Location hidden

#98650 Apr 5, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
That's a good link, I will stick out my neck and say that curious is a JW just by the way he/she post questions and reading from their life book that you can buy on amazon for $2.00 (go figure).
JW's think they will be demonized by reading any material or than what the watchtower permits, but some of them will look and start to question their beliefs.
The atheists debating here are contributing to a good cause debunking false information presented by creationist arguments. Keep up the good work.
Thanks, we do what we can. I think we all share a viewpoint that it's better to make decisions based on data and rational thought as opposed to superstition. Ultimately, the more people who think rationally the likelier you'll have a society that behaves rationally...and that benefits everyone.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98651 Apr 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response totally ignores my question,so let us try again.
Let me start with an irrefutable fact.Simply put
When the sperm from a man,fertilizes the egg of a woman a human will be formed.The information contained in the egg and the sperm will determine the color of the eyes,hair,whether male or female etc.
We do know that both are needed for conception to take place.
Question is,Who and how determined this process?
Now my question,which you failed to answer
According to Evolutionists
Unliving and unintelligent matter can ,over a period of billions of years,evolved into a living intelligent being,able to reproduce after it's own kind.
Let us analyze that procedure and apply it to the human species;
According to evolution,certain elements came together,devoid of intelligence or life and were somehow,able to assemble themselves ,over a period of billions of years,into a living being,previously non existent.
Without any guidance or blueprint to follow,this process called evolution,was able to create an amazingly sophisticated and complex machine,hereto fore unknown.
QUESTION,How did that happen?How did this process know what was needed in order to create a living human,that this human would need a heart,a brain,a liver etc. and create within itself HALF of the necessary elements needed in order to continue the survival of the human species.We call this,MAN.
NOW,apart and Independent of this MAN,we would have to have,these same identical elements,over a period of billions of years,create an almost identical being called Woman,which would have most of the same characteristics of man,a heart,a brain,liver etc,and create within itself the other HALF of the necessary elements needed to create additional human beings of both sexes
,But,how did this unintelligent process know to create separate beings of different sexes and provide them with the necessary parts so there would be a continuation of the species?
That is the question to which I am seeking an answer, which Science is unable to provide.
Can you,or can you not,provide me with the process that took place for these events to occur?
Who or how determines this process? There is no who going around controlling pregnancy and genetics. How? Read a biology book (if you can grasp simple complexes that is)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98652 Apr 5, 2013
@curious, you are not smart enough nor slick enough to con people. Your tactics may work on innocent children but everything you post is like this "there are two colors, red and green so god is real" (when in fact there are millions of colors)
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98653 Apr 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Spare me the niceties. I'm just (STILL) holding you to substantiate your statement that Satan tells people to kill.
Mind your 9th commandment.
What?

Now you've gone off to the twisted and distorted.

(and I always try to keep in mind all TEN of them)
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98654 Apr 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. Google televangelist and get back with us on that.
Preprogrammedsubliminalrobotzo mbiepusher say whut?

Fox/Beck/Itsallbushesfault/lim baugh/googoo blather, regugitate parrotpeabrain repeat......
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98655 Apr 5, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
My point exactly
Posted while bobble-heading no doubt too lol

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#98656 Apr 5, 2013
We cannot blame others-including our parents-or- whoever for what they have done or are doing to us. We have the potential to transplant ourselves into positive environments.

People who try to whittle you down are only trying to reduce you to their size.

If others are trying to whittle you down today, get away. Find a new place to put down roots.

LUKE 6:22,23 (KJV)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98657 Apr 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So you need both sets of chromosomes,from the female and from the male, in order to create an organism.
Evolution would have us believe that MAN,evolved and somehow,was able to develop this chromosome that provides us with half of the very complex formula needed to create a new organism.
This formula is unknown to Evolutionists,they can neither explain it or duplicate it.
Apart from that,you need the chromosomes from a woman,
in order for this process"creation of a new organism" to take place.
So now,we need for a woman to evolve in such a manner that her chromosomes,when combined with those of the man ,is able to create an organism after it's own species.
So,according to evolutionists,man evolved into a living being,by coincidence,not by design.
Apart from that,woman,also by coincidence,evolved into a living being,with a complex brain,eyes,heart,liver and other vital organs,needed in order to come to life,same organs needed by man,not only that,but also woman had to have the other half of the formula needed in order to continue the survival of the human species.
So,one is to believe that this all occurred by coincidence,by a series of events that are unexplainable...
No matterhow much or what you study,Evolution nor science can explain this process.
Nonliving and nonintelligent matter is unable to evolve into the living ,intelligent and complex being that we know as the human race.
Science nor evolution,nor you or Satanic Priest nor quantum mist is able to explain or duplicate this process. To merely claim that IT Happened,but we don't know how it happened,does not answer the question
If,you can explain to me how to separate entities of the human species,man and woman,were able to evolve into compatible partners in order to insure the continuation of the species,let me know
Are you stuck on the idea that because Genesis doesn't mention eukaryotes that humans are the ONLY form of life worth considering? Why do you think I specified order and clade?
Flatworms are rudimentary compared to humans, yet they exchange DNA - and there are organisms even simpler than flatworms which do so.
http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/biology/...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98658 Apr 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you stuck on the idea that because Genesis doesn't mention eukaryotes that humans are the ONLY form of life worth considering? Why do you think I specified order and clade?
Flatworms are rudimentary compared to humans, yet they exchange DNA - and there are organisms even simpler than flatworms which do so.
http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/biology/...
We call them christians
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

#98659 Apr 5, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You want to FORCE your beliefs on to innocent children as fact and you cry because you do not get the respect you think that you deserve?
You are getting the respect that you do deserve.
First, I'm NOT CRYING! I'm thanking someone for being Respectful whether agreeing or disagreeing. As for my beliefs, I CHOOSE to believe in God & His Word, you do not! That is your right & my right to believe. Also, I DO NOT FORCE my beliefs on anyone, if I do anything, it is SHARE my beliefs. You are one of the ones that show NO RESPECT when you disagree or do not like what is being posted!
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

#98660 Apr 5, 2013
agree wrote:
Give it up folks,neither side will be convinced of any idea but their on. Move on.
So very true! Well said!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City councilman raising property Tax Next 4 min lateda 11
Kfc 7 min chickadee 9
ps3 8 min qwert 3
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 9 min Limbertwig 151,485
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 10 min child 1,051
knox board of ed raising taxes 11 min Think 11
Baby sitter avaliable! 13 min money 4
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000