Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,476

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#98602 Apr 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The foundation of the Evolutionits theory,is that nonliving,nonintelligent matter,was able,over a period of billions of years,to evolve into a living cell,which in turn was able to evolve into many living species,including human kind.
That this nonliving non intelligent matter,was ,somehow, able to evolve into a living species,specifically,mankind,p reviously nonexistent,stretches my imagination beyond it's limits.
Science has not been able to explain how this process took place,nor duplicate that process.If you can neither explain or duplicate the process on which your foundation is based,then your theory collapses,due to the unreliability of the evidence that is used to support it.
Science has,by it's own admission,been unable to explain how life came into existence.
I have posed that question on several occassions and no one has been able to or attempted to provide the answer.
Basically,If one believes that nonliving and non intelligent matteer was able to create the most intelligent species, among others on this planet, and that this intelligent species,with all it's intellect is unable to duplicate this process or provide data as to how this process took place,leads one to the absurd conclusion that,nonintelligence was able to accomplish what human intelligence has been unable to accomplish.In other words,non intelligence is more intelligent than intelligence...
That,my good man,is logically impossible.
You err,when you state that my faith is an idea for which I can provide no evidence. Read my posting to Satan Priest and you willsee precisely what my faith is based on,how I HAVE TESTED IT and found it to be true...
Nevertheless,you are entitled to your opinion.....
"...stretches my imagination beyond it's limits."

Bingo!

That's the key problem with Creationists. Lack of imagination. And lack of imagination necessarily limits your reasoning skills. If just stub up and refuse to consider an idea then you aren't going to put in the due diligence required to assess that idea completely.

Science does not have a solid understanding of how "life" began. I think Q answered you on this pretty well, or he was replying to someone else. Either way scroll back to see his answer.

There are tons of ideas about how life got its start. And all of them have some degree of evidence. But here's the sucky part about it, I think. Even if we are able to successfully "create life" in a lab to the degree that even the most callous-knuckled Creationist has to accept it that still does not mean we know how life got started. It could have happened by some other mechanism that for the moment eludes our detection.

We're talking about something(s) that happened billions of years ago. Not exactly easy to figure out.

Meanwhile the Creationists opened an old book, read a verse, closed it, and were satisfied. So much for the spirit of curiosity and learning.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#98603 Apr 5, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, OK. God is a time traveler. He gets in his God Delorian and zips ahead in time, seeing the entire stretch of human existence. Then he zips back in time to watch it unfold.
If we *truly* have free will then the events that God watches unfold will not occur exactly as they did when he zipped ahead in time. Therefore God does not know the future. If they happen exactly as they did when he zipped ahead then free will does not exist and we are determined to do what we do.
If anyone lacks an understanding of basic logic it is not me.
Now, back to my question. Do you or do you not understand the flaw in your logic?
Look at it another way. If Ben knows Jane then Ben cannot also NOT know Jane. These are mutually exclusive states of being. Ben either knows Jane or Ben does not know Jane.
God either knows what we will do or he does not know what we will do. If he knows what we will do then we are not free to choose. It must be this way, logically. It is not my opinion, it is the necessary rules of logic.
Not watch it unfold...
Bring the perfect way to avoid the outcome of what we deserve...
IN Jesus Christ!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#98604 Apr 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Because 10% of the American Public are Racists and voted for Obama strictly due to race... Another 20% receive payments for their votes in the form of Obama Phones and Benefit checks... And 5% think Utopia is obtainable..... That was enough to give Obama a few percentage win...
So true, and very wise!
People wanted the promise of free stuff...
Look what they got!
The Joke was on them!
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#98605 Apr 5, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
(edited for atheistic ignorance!)
Thank God... all these pages that I'm behind is filled with proof of your ignorance, and the truth of the Bible!
I knew you didn't read it... you just gleaned your information from a God hating site!
Thanks again!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#98606 Apr 5, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
But I already showed how free will is incompatible with a perfect god.
Also, prove souls exist.
God did not want robots, or He would have made us to Love Him...
Souls?
Close your eyes, relax...
The part of you that is a soul... is still thinking!
If you think ill... your soul is ill!
As a man thinks, so is he!
I used to think ill... Now, by the Grace of God...
I do not!
I am saved!
Amen!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#98607 Apr 5, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
Wish MORE responders on this thread were as respectful, whether they agree or disagree.:)
Really? You want to FORCE your beliefs on to innocent children as fact and you cry because you do not get the respect you think that you deserve?
You are getting the respect that you do deserve.
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98608 Apr 5, 2013
excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolutionists may need billions of years to make people believe a rock can turn into a rocket scientist, but that still wouldn't be enough time!
Just the "mineral/matter" parts ol...the rest...quantumn PHYSICS.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98609 Apr 5, 2013
agree wrote:
Best post yet and most accurate .good job !
Just like a religie to pat another religie on the back for parroting another religie's arrogant ignorance.
The UNCREDITED article (Whisper of Angels by Miranda Curie, page 90) falls into the vortex of misunderstanding creationists gobble like ice cream. In attempting to discredit science, they wildly distort science. Their notions of "scientific creation" of life and of evolution is akin to going from the discovery of gunpowder to landing on the moon and skipping 99.9% of the steps in between.
Mind your 9th commandment.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98610 Apr 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like a religie to pat another religie on the back for parroting another religie's arrogant ignorance.
The UNCREDITED article (Whisper of Angels by Miranda Curie, page 90) falls into the vortex of misunderstanding creationists gobble like ice cream. In attempting to discredit science, they wildly distort science. Their notions of "scientific creation" of life and of evolution is akin to going from the discovery of gunpowder to landing on the moon and skipping 99.9% of the steps in between.
Like the rest of the bible, the christian cult picks and chooses which of the ten commandments to follow and which to ignore (lying, stealing, working on the sabbath, murder they choose to ignore) More proof that they do not worship a "god" but worship social status and wealth

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#98611 Apr 5, 2013
excuse me wrote:
Answer me this: Using Your theory of Evolution and Creation, Explain to me how the human eye emerged.
Are we to assume that "matter" bumping around in a trial and error process produced such a complex and sophisticated design as the human eye?
It's Not Trial and Error... It's slow progression.... The Human Eye is not near as complex as a birds eye or a bugs eye and far from perfection... It "Sees" only in the tiny "visible" light spectrum, has poor low light sensitivity, the lens becomes rigid during adulthood and fails to change focus, It's delicate and easy to damage, it becomes diseased and allows bad stuff to sneak up behind you....

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98612 Apr 5, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the "mineral/matter" parts ol...the rest...quantumn PHYSICS.
"I know of times that God demanded, endorsed and even committed killings, but would you be kind enough to show me where the Bible says that Satan ever told anyone to kill?"

Still waiting for your answer.

#98613 Apr 5, 2013
agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is probably true,that accounts for people like yourself who evolved from a lower intelligence species,who like all animal form has no idea of God's existences.
And here I was trying to bring knowledge to you and this is the thanks I get... It's very Simple... I will believe in Your Version of God the day you, or anyone, can provide a single piece of Evidence that can withstand repeatable, verifiable Testing.... To B'Leve in the absence of any evidence is ignorance personified...

#98614 Apr 5, 2013
excuse me wrote:
Answer me this: Using Your theory of Evolution and Creation, Explain to me how the human eye emerged.
Are we to assume that "matter" bumping around in a trial and error process produced such a complex and sophisticated design as the human eye?
Oh and by the way Matter does not just bump around... It's self assembles into ever more complex forms... Every Single particle of physical matter with mass has a em signature, it produces a electromagnetic wave... That wave hetrodynes with the em waves of every other particle and is two particles have waves that match they can lock together and form a more complex matter, if the em waves do not match they repel and in this way matter never actually Bump into each other and self assemble into more complex forms over time...
TheIndependentMa jority

Glenpool, OK

#98615 Apr 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"I know of times that God demanded, endorsed and even committed killings, but would you be kind enough to show me where the Bible says that Satan ever told anyone to kill?"
I believe that question was initially directed at another poster?

I don't do satanisTic stuff, and if I did, I'd probably reference some manifesto manual by Saddam, Mao, Lennin, Marx, the taliban, et al.

SO step thee one step back satan, and stay on your own side of the line of airspace-you oxygen hog.
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98616 Apr 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you carry barf bags in case you run across twisted and distorted venom vomitis spewers?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98617 Apr 5, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you carry barf bags in case you run across twisted and distorted venom vomitis spewers?
Spare me the niceties. I'm just (STILL) holding you to substantiate your statement that Satan tells people to kill.
Ronnie

Morehead, KY

#98618 Apr 5, 2013
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
So true
sin

London, KY

#98619 Apr 5, 2013
Faith is the surrender of the mind, it's the surrender of reason, it's the surrender of the only thing that makes us different from other animals. It's our need to believe and to surrender our skepticism and our reason, our yearning to discard that and put all our trust or faith in someone or something, that is the sinister thing to me. ... Out of all the virtues, all the supposed virtues, faith must be the most overrated

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98620 Apr 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
THE INCERDABLE CELL
There are 100 trillion cells in the human body and each cell has the DNA for the make up. That is SCIENTIFIC! Explain how that could come about through evolution.
So now you're copying and pasting your own BS posts again? You've already run out of "original" thoughts?
Known Fact wrote:
OH AND BY THE WAY THE SCIENTIFIC WORLD IS EXPOSING AND DISPROVING YOUR EVOLUTION THEORY!
No it's not. Isn't lying a sin in your world?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98621 Apr 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God did not want robots, or He would have made us to Love Him...
Souls?
Close your eyes, relax...
The part of you that is a soul... is still thinking!
If you think ill... your soul is ill!
As a man thinks, so is he!
I used to think ill... Now, by the Grace of God...
I do not!
I am saved!
Amen!
If God didn't want robots, he wouldn't have gotten pissed off when A & E ate from the tree of knowledge.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Indictments 20 min John 25
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 35 min voter 40
who will you vote for as jailer 48 min Jesus 80
Sheila and Jennifer Brown 1 hr Inside 6
Phillip Vaughn 1 hr Lover 9
Who will win for Knox County Jailer 2014 2 hr Citizen 15
looking for a sugar baby 6 hr guy 1
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 23 hr Curiouswonderer 4
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match