Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,905

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#98712 Apr 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
All of the posters that have been on this thread awhile have read the article. Certainly, the Bible has had a significant impact on world culture and history. However, the issue of teaching the Bible in school
WITH THE INTENT AND PURPOSE OF SPREADING THE WORD OF GOD
is what keeps being brought in by newcomers and some of the more zealous Christians. Countering these posters is what might lead you believe that Q, SP, LiaS, WitW, et al are unfamiliar with the proposed legislation.
My understanding is that the christian cult wants to get a foot in the door by claiming to want to teach the bible as literature history.
However this is a smoke screen to allow them to push bible tracs, bibles, christians using peer pressure and teaching the bible as fact
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#98713 Apr 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 16 Billion years it's not only Likely it's Inevitable....
Sure it is....
128^10 against....
Sure!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#98714 Apr 6, 2013
excuse me wrote:
Answer me this: Using Your theory of Evolution and Creation, Explain to me how the human eye emerged.
Are we to assume that "matter" bumping around in a trial and error process produced such a complex and sophisticated design as the human eye?
They deny the Truth of irreducible complexity...
It does not jive with their truth....
ID gives them a headache!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98715 Apr 6, 2013
Logic christian style; If I do not have a Doctorate degree in reproductive medicine and do not know everything about reproduction than god must be real. LMAO because the christian cult hates information and education of the masses as they are harder to fool and control
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#98716 Apr 6, 2013
allah wrote:
You want to see Religious Studies in Schools ? All Religions or just yours ?
Show them all....
Even the Evil ones like Islam...
Let them decide what is better...
Love, or blowing innocent people up!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#98717 Apr 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If God didn't want robots, he wouldn't have gotten pissed off when A & E ate from the tree of knowledge.
Since Jesus was before the creation of the universe.... It probably was in His plans to fix this problem...
How do you know He was pissed?
Sure, He kicked them out of the garden...
We should probably kick people off of welfare too...
Teach them to fish, instead of giving them fish...
We're not helping them... we're killing them!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98718 Apr 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes! it is hilarious how you want to say something is possible when Science says it's 128^10 Against proteins for DNA
to Magically come together...
God is real!
Get to know Him... You'll be glad you did!
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it is....
128^10 against....
Sure!
Nobody says that proteins spontaneously appeared - except for creationists. Nobody says that proteins are even a component of DNA - except for creationists.

MIND YOUR 9TH COMMANDMENT.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#98719 Apr 6, 2013
agree wrote:
Give it up folks,neither side will be convinced of any idea but their on. Move on.
I have no need to change what I know to be true...
God is real!
Thank you Jesus!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98720 Apr 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Since Jesus was before the creation of the universe.... It probably was in His plans to fix this problem...
How do you know He was pissed?
Sure, He kicked them out of the garden...
We should probably kick people off of welfare too...
Teach them to fish, instead of giving them fish...
We're not helping them... we're killing them!
Geez, YaA. It looks like the longer yer off the stuff the deeper ya go down the rabbit hole. Can you at least try to hold on to some semblance of sanity?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#98721 Apr 6, 2013
Evolution wrote:
Hello I am Evolution- I started from nothing,for nothing was in existence (no form of matter existed absolutely nothing.)
But over billions of years some unknown material evolved ,and I with no body,no brain,no eyes ,no legs,no feet ,no heart,no life created everything.
But as hard as this is to believe, I am responsible for all forms of life now living on planet earth,and through out the universe.
Only the very wise can comprehend this. Behold all stars,moon,sun,mankind,animals ,insects,birds,fish, plants ,trees ,all done by one with no life ,no brain .MIRACLE? Yes that's me ,Behold EVOLUTION
LOL
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#98722 Apr 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh-huh. Creationism explains it SO much better. From iron ore to Maserati in 1 magical step.
A smart person smelted Iron, and built the Maserati....
A smart entity put proteins together, and created DNA...
128^10 against that happing by chance...
ASTRONOMICAL IMPROBABLILITY!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98723 Apr 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>They deny the Truth of irreducible complexity...
It does not jive with their truth....
ID gives them a headache!
Irreducible complexity is not a Truth.

Mind your 9th commandment.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98724 Apr 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>A smart person smelted Iron, and built the Maserati....
A smart entity put proteins together, and created DNA...
128^10 against that happing by chance...
ASTRONOMICAL IMPROBABLILITY!
DNA is not made of proteins.
Mind your 9th commandment.
sin

Sheridan, AR

#98725 Apr 6, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Posted while bobble-heading no doubt too lol
...I'm sure you head was bobbing alright, on a penis deep down your throat.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98726 Apr 6, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us take this one step at a time;
1)For every body of evidence supporting evolution,I can provide you with a supporting body of evidence refuting evolution.
Jhonathan Sarpati Ph.D. 15 loopholes in the evolutionary theory of the origins of life
Early stage ofChemical evolution Theories byDuane Gish PhD
& Theories of Origin of Life By Charles Q. Choi PhD
17 evidences against evolution by Kenneth martin PhD
The scientific case against evolution by Henry D. Morris PhD
These and many other scientists,refute the theory of evolution.
2)I am interested in knowing how life was created ,the theory of evolution is unable to provide that answer.
They present theories based on suppositions,not facts, as to how life may have created. When putting their theories to the test,they have been unable to create even the simplest form of life,let alone being able to create the complex human bodies that we inhabit.
By their own admission,Evolutionists admit,that they have no factual evidence as to how life was created.
Since evolution does not provide an answer to my question,I need look elsewhwere for an answer.
That is where God comes in,and in Genesis I find an answer.
This answer suggests that a Supernatural"SPIRITUAL BEING"is the creator.
this supreme being says he is God,,But how can I prove God exists,
I can not,because as a human,I am unable to prove or comprehend that which is Spiritual or supernatural. The only one who can prove God's existence is God himself. And,in the Bible,he tells you
what you need to do,in order for him to reveal himself to you.
Here are some;
Deuteronomy 4:29
But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Jeremiah 29:12-14
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord,.
Proverbs 8:17
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.
When I put those statements to the test,their validity was confirmed,,,,(I have posted this before)
I sought God,through prayer,seeking answers to problems that I have faced in my life and for which I could not find a solution.
As a result of my prayers,requestind his help,those problems were resolved inways that I would have never imagined.
that is how God revealed himself to me,,,answered prayers
He did not talk to me,he did not appear to me and no,I did not hear voices in my head.
As the Apostle Paul stated;To the unbeliever,the existence of God is nonsense,because natural man cannot come to a knowledge of God.
The knowledge of God is spiritually discerned...
That is the basis for my faith...You don't have to believe it,that is your choice...contrary to the opinion of satans Priest,who accused me of being a con man, I have nothing to gain by trying to con anyone.....Iam merely sharing the reasons for my faith.
If,at some point in your life,you conclude that you need God's assistance,do not be afraid to put him to the test.
If you diligently seek him,you will find him
Opinion and possible conjecture does not equate to evidence.

No one (that I'm aware of) is arguing that the evidence supporting evolution is complete. But, the overwhelming majority of the scientific community is convinced that it is the best explanation based on the evidence.
I'm sure if you were able to travel back in time you'd find a handful of dissenting academic opinions about the earth being spherical instead of flat.

Why do you think a handful of dissenting opinions equates (and negates) the entire fossil record?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98727 Apr 6, 2013
“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.” -Friedrich Nietzsche
kids are so cute

Morehead, KY

#98728 Apr 6, 2013
For all you grown ups,you are wasting your time trying to help these little kids understand God. Look at their names,Satanic Priest,Skeptical Spectacles, ChromiuMan-they are too young to comprehend anything but evolution. Evolution is wishful thinking. Like some super magic formula.
Though they claim that this "energy " is so great and has evolved itself into every living breathing creation,created the heavens and earth,they still have not found it.
Only fools think that something not able to speak,think or breath can accomplish more than they can.

I actually feel sorry for these 3 kids (probably learned all this rubbish from their parents .
But it is a truth ,mankind either believes in some God ,or something that CREATED all things.Evolution is just the most absurd!
At least God (Jesus Christ ) was here on earth,done great miracles ,and even raised from death. I prefer the Bible ,so God is my choice!
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98729 Apr 6, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
You are even funnier! Read the WHOLE story. It's not about FORCING anyone to learn the Bible, it's about allowing The Bible as an ELECTIVE Course in High School.
That's the really funny part about this whole thread--how many actually must not have comprehended the word "Elective".

Got some of 'em so shook up to read the word bible they started having immediate melt downs...as if we live in a nation of commie cafeteria ladies, handing a bowl of peas to each and every student daily, hoovering over them with wooden spoons, "forcing" them to "eat their peas daily" and like it.

NOT in these United States of the 21st century. Not for those that live in REALITY anyway.

GOD Bless America, may we always have DEMOCRACY and educational institutions with some choices of "ELECTIVES" because dark age Communism sucks!
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98730 Apr 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
“Sometimes people don't want to hear the truth because they don't want their illusions destroyed.”-Friedrich Nietzsche
Why be mean and hateful if anyone doesn't really have to be though?

Being negative is such wastes of energy.
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98731 Apr 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I snipped repetitive drivel... No One does Not need chromosomes from the female and from the Male to create a new organism... Humans Do because we Evolved to reproduce that way over Billions of years, that variation of reproduction evolved before Humans were walking on 4 legs... Long before Humans moved onto land from the sea... But the Statement "So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." That is Not Fact in All Organisms... Many Organisms retained the ability to reproduce without Male or Females.... Humans (actually all Vertebrates) Evolved billions of years ago to reproduce using genetic material from another of it's species... Some laid eggs, some gave live births .. Then along the way Mammals evolved to give live birth and maintain gender specific genetics... Some of our ancestor vertebrates retained the ability to be male or female dependent on populations and environment...
So to Make it Simple because I have No Doubt you didn't understand what I wrote ... The Statement "So,one needs the chromosomes from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." Is Not True for all Organisms...
Plait, P. "Dark energy stunts your growth". Slate;Astronomy. Dec 16 2008.

I believe that.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 1 hr pete 220
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 2 hr user 12
German shepard 4 hr doggy 2
Porsche mills 4 hr sad days 25
barbourville affordabe funeral home (Oct '08) 5 hr someone who knows 109
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 7 hr Junes son Jeff Va... 4
terry smith from the creek 11 hr wondering 4
To the Garland family 14 hr Friend 5
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... Fri Get a life 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Fri billy 183
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:09 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 2:09PM
RT Eric Winston quickly settling in with Bengals
NBC Sports 3:14 PM
Losers of 13 of 14, Titans set for top draft pick - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:00 AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night