Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,181 - 94,200 of 128,666 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
just here

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Genesis 1:11-12 and 1:26-27 (trees come before Adam)
Genesis 2:4-9 (trees came after Adam)
Genesis 1:20-21 and 26-27 (birds created before Adam)
Genesis 2:7 and 2:19 (birds created after Adam)
Genesis 1:24-27 (animals created before Adam)
Genesis 2:7 and 2:19 (animals created after Adam)
Genesis 1:26-27 (Adam and Eve created at the same time)
Genesis 2:7 and 2:21-22 (Adam created first, woman later)

...they even failed in creationism!
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT!! You CHOSE to be an atheist & not believe in God. This is your right, but, please don't blame God for your choices. The question isn't whether to "question God's wisdom", but rather to question YOUR wisdom of God!
A really good point! You put it all in a nut shell with just a few words!
excuse me

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Over 16 Billion years it's not only Likely it's Inevitable....
Evolutionists may need billions of years to make people believe a rock can turn into a rocket scientist, but that still wouldn't be enough time!
agree

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

QUOTE who="Known Fact"]By Chance or by Design?
dismiss as never taking place anything that has a probability of occurrinIf there was no Creator, then life must have started spontaneously by chance. For life to have come about, somehow the right chemicals would have had to come together in the right quantities, under the right temperature and pressure and other controlling factors, and all would have had to be maintained for the correct length of time. Furthermore, for life to have begun and been sustained on earth, these chance events would have had to be repeated thousands of times. But how likely is it for even one such event to take place?
Evolutionists admit that the probability of the right atoms and molecules falling into place to form just one simple protein molecule is 1 followed by 113 zeros. That number is larger than the estimated total number of atoms in the universe! Mathematicians g of less than 1 in 1050. But far more than one simple protein molecule is needed for life. Some 2,000 different proteins are needed just for a cell to maintain its activity, and the chance that all of them will occur at random is 1 in 1040,000!“If one is not prejudiced either by social beliefs or by a scientific training into the conviction that life originated [spontaneously] on the Earth, this simple calculation wipes the idea entirely out of court,” says astronomer Fred Hoyle.
On the other hand, by studying the physical world, from the minute subatomic particles to the vast galaxies, scientists have discovered that all known natural phenomena appear to follow certain basic laws. In other words, they have discovered logic and order in everything that is taking place in the universe, and they have been able to express this logic and order in simple mathematical terms.“Few scientists can fail to be impressed by the almost unreasonable simplicity and elegance of these laws,” writes a professor of physics, Paul Davies, in the magazine New Scientist.
A most intriguing fact about these laws, however, is that in them there are certain factors whose values must be fixed precisely for the universe, as we know it, to exist. Among these fundamental constants are the unit of electric charge on the proton, the masses of certain fundamental particles, and Newton’s universal constant of gravitation, commonly denoted by the letter G. On this, Professor Davies continues:“Even minute variations in the values of some of them would drastically alter the appearance of the Universe. For example, Freeman Dyson has pointed out that if the force between nucleons (protons and neutrons) were only a few per cent stronger, the Universe would be devoid of hydrogen. Stars like the Sun, not to mention water, could not exist. Life, at least as we know it, would be impossible. Brandon Carter has shown that very much smaller changes in G would turn all stars into blue giants or red dwarfs, with equally dire consequences for life.” Thus, Davies concludes:“In this case it is conceivable that there might be only one possible Universe. If that is so, it is a remarkable thought that our own existence as conscious beings is an inescapable consequence of logic.”
What can we deduce from all of this? First of all, if the universe is governed by laws, then there must be an intelligent lawmaker who formulated or established the laws.

Best post yet and most accurate .good job !
just here

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

“It is absolutely safe to say that if you meet somebody who claims not to believe in evolution, that person is ignorant, stupid or insane (or wicked, but I’d rather not consider that).” - Richard Dawkins
excuse me

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
NOT!! You CHOSE to be an atheist & not believe in God. This is your right, but, please don't blame God for your choices. The question isn't whether to "question God's wisdom", but rather to question YOUR wisdom of God!
Well Said!
agree

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to have just confusion because you try to throw 16 Billion years into a Poof it just happened mind set. 16 Billion or so years ago Some Energy converted into Matter. over billions of years ever more complex forms of matter self assembled. Gravity caused it to compress to a point it became so compressed it started a nuclear reaction and burned then Gravity made it collapse and then explode.. Each time New Elements and Compounds are formed including Organic Compounds that are found today throughout the Universe where ever we look... Every Meteor has organic molecules in it, Every Asteroid is made of water and many carbon based organic molecules. We have even found Amino Acids in objects in space.
Now Forget all the last several Billion years since earth formed and just consider the First Proto Life form. a Simple set of Amino Acids that through electrical pulses, UV light and Millions of years reproduced itself. If you duplicate those condition of early earth you get a organic compound with every compound that makes what we now call Alive.
So the Question becomes Simple. What is Life. Is a Base Virus Life? Is a Bacterium Life? is a Crystal that uses materials around it to grow and reproduce itself Alive. Once you have a simple 2 or 3 organic compound that reproduces then that answers the question about Human Kind and the assorted evolutionary steps... And all along the way from Billions of years ago until today we find Evidence of that evolutionary path from the proto bacterium that formed mats and produced All the Oxygen you breath today to life Blooms after each catastrophe that left just a few forms to quickly fill the environment....
Evolution is probably true,that accounts for people like yourself who evolved from a lower intelligence species,who like all animal form has no idea of God's existences.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

THE INCERDABLE CELL

There are 100 trillion cells in the human body and each cell has the DNA for the make up. That is SCIENTIFIC! Explain how that could come about through evolution.
OH AND BY THE WAY THE SCIENTIFIC WORLD IS EXPOSING AND DISPROVING YOUR EVOLUTION THEORY!

"Quantumist",
Your Mountain Wisdom has only allowed your brain (over 16 billion years) to EVOLVE into "Horsey Pucky Doo Doo!" What an acomplishment for evolution!
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

just here wrote:
Genesis 1:11-12 and 1:26-27 (trees come before Adam)
Genesis 2:4-9 (trees came after Adam)
Genesis 1:20-21 and 26-27 (birds created before Adam)
Genesis 2:7 and 2:19 (birds created after Adam)
Genesis 1:24-27 (animals created before Adam)
Genesis 2:7 and 2:19 (animals created after Adam)
Genesis 1:26-27 (Adam and Eve created at the same time)
Genesis 2:7 and 2:21-22 (Adam created first, woman later)
...they even failed in creationism!
"just here"------because you are not all there!
just here

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

The Bible is the greatest hoax in all history. The leading characters of the Old Testament would today be in the penitentiary and those of the New would be under observation in psychopathic wards
just here

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

I find it fittingly ironic, that they nailed a carpenter, to a piece of wood!
...to celebrate this, they eat his flesh and drink his blood every week.
excuse me

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
That's almost as bad as a homosexual saying I'm homosexual because God made me that way or I was born that way. Well, if homosexuality is truly something hardwired in the brain, as most gay activist suggest, then a man who acts upon that desire is not morally responsible for his actions...Essentially .. that's like saying a Kleptomaniac would not be held morally responsible for stealing!
excuse me

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
"just here"------because you are not all there!
That's cute.. And also true ha!
allah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

You want to see Religious Studies in Schools ? All Religions or just yours ?
excuse me

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

just here wrote:
I find it fittingly ironic, that they nailed a carpenter, to a piece of wood!
...to celebrate this, they eat his flesh and drink his blood every week.
Do you actually know what "ironic" means?
just here

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
I often materbate to goats while I drink milk in my assless chaps.
...do you really do that?^^^
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
That's almost as bad as a homosexual saying I'm homosexual because God made me that way or I was born that way. Well, if homosexuality is truly something hardwired in the brain, as most gay activist suggest, then a man who acts upon that desire is not morally responsible for his actions...Essentially .. that's like saying a Kleptomaniac would not be held morally responsible for stealing!
The gay activist can CHOOSE to suggest they were born gay, but, God's Word says homosexuality is an Abomination to God. God would NOT make your brain to think that way if He says it is WRONG. God designed the human body to be Fruitful & Multiply, how is this possible if the same sex lay together? It's NOT possible. I'm not judging homosexuals, I pray for them. God is THE Judge, I'm just a witness to His Word. As far as being a Kleptomaniac & stealing, I don't know about that, Kleptomaniacs are not mentioned in God's Word, but, I do know stealing is Sin. I'll search & study to try to give you an answer for that.
excuse me

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
The gay activist can CHOOSE to suggest they were born gay, but, God's Word says homosexuality is an Abomination to God. God would NOT make your brain to think that way if He says it is WRONG. God designed the human body to be Fruitful & Multiply, how is this possible if the same sex lay together? It's NOT possible. I'm not judging homosexuals, I pray for them. God is THE Judge, I'm just a witness to His Word. As far as being a Kleptomaniac & stealing, I don't know about that, Kleptomaniacs are not mentioned in God's Word, but, I do know stealing is Sin. I'll search & study to try to give you an answer for that.
LOL I agree with you.. My analogy was (homosexual's saying God made them gay is just as much a sin as a Kleptomaniac stealing)
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL I agree with you.. My analogy was (homosexual's saying God made them gay is just as much a sin as a Kleptomaniac stealing)
Thanks
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Wish MORE responders on this thread were as respectful, whether they agree or disagree. :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony Smith 18 min candy 4
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 44 min gdave950 146,293
James Gambrel 1 hr ewww 3
hailey roberts 2 hr yepp yepp 4
Stivers Center fixes 5 hr get real 51
Any couples into SCAT??? 5 hr lady ella 12
disability lawyer 5 hr been there 17
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000