Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142350 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

excuse me

Elkhorn City, KY

#98670 Apr 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are unable to explain how the male species was able to create itself,or how the female species was able to create itself and then,independently and without prior knowledge of how one or the other is constructed,somehow,were able to develop a process by which they'the male and female"would be able to insure the continuation of the human species,which occurs when the chromosoms of the male fertilizes the chrosomes"egg'' of the female.
The reason you,or anyone else can not explain it is because that is not how we came into BEING.
So then,you are left with 2 choices,admit that you do not know how it happened or respond with an answer that has NO relationship whatsoever with the question being posed.Obviously you opted for the second choice...
Since you are unable to answer my question,there is no further need to continue this debate
Thats because the Athiest or Non Believer use an amazing technique I refer to as "Drop, Defer, and Delete when all else fails"
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98671 Apr 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I snipped repetitive drivel... No One does Not need chromosomes from the female and from the Male to create a new organism... Humans Do because we Evolved to reproduce that way over Billions of years, that variation of reproduction evolved before Humans were walking on 4 legs... Long before Humans moved onto land from the sea... But the Statement "So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." That is Not Fact in All Organisms... Many Organisms retained the ability to reproduce without Male or Females.... Humans (actually all Vertebrates) Evolved billions of years ago to reproduce using genetic material from another of it's species... Some laid eggs, some gave live births .. Then along the way Mammals evolved to give live birth and maintain gender specific genetics... Some of our ancestor vertebrates retained the ability to be male or female dependent on populations and environment...
So to Make it Simple because I have No Doubt you didn't understand what I wrote ... The Statement "So,one needs the chromosomes from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." Is Not True for all Organisms...
Well.if your intent is to snip repetitive drivel,you may want to start by snipping all vthe drivel you have posted on this and other websites.
If you start this weekend,you may be able to accomplish the job by december,just in time for the holidays.
Then of course,when one is challenged on their erroneous beliefs and is unable to justify what they believe in,then one can make the allegation of "snipping repetitive drivel"
A fool is known,by his lack of wisdom
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98672 Apr 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
He made perfect sense.. Just because you do not have the mental ability to understand does not make what he stated wrong...
Given that i believe that you are posting under both names,I can see where you would come to your own defense,albeit,using another nickname.
Nevertheless,your postings merely serve to confirm the following;
Afool is known by his lack of wisdom
Evolution

Morehead, KY

#98673 Apr 5, 2013
Hello I am Evolution- I started from nothing,for nothing was in existence (no form of matter existed absolutely nothing.)
But over billions of years some unknown material evolved ,and I with no body,no brain,no eyes ,no legs,no feet ,no heart,no life created everything.
But as hard as this is to believe, I am responsible for all forms of life now living on planet earth,and through out the universe.
Only the very wise can comprehend this. Behold all stars,moon,sun,mankind,animals ,insects,birds,fish, plants ,trees ,all done by one with no life ,no brain .MIRACLE? Yes that's me ,Behold EVOLUTION

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Heidrick, KY

#98674 Apr 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Given that i believe that you are posting under both names,I can see where you would come to your own defense,albeit,using another nickname.
Nevertheless,your postings merely serve to confirm the following;
Afool is known by his lack of wisdom
"Given that i believe that you are posting under both names"

Then your just Stupid... Never mind.....
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98675 Apr 5, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect it wouldn't matter to you if there was an answer.
The fact that you are willing to throw out the existing (and extensive) body of evidence that supports evolution and accept a story that has no evidence because every detail isn't exhaustively spelled out speaks volumes about your rationality.
Why is it that you don't apply the same inquisitive rigor to your own beliefs? Where did your god come from? Explain that to me.
Let us take this one step at a time;
1)For every body of evidence supporting evolution,I can provide you with a supporting body of evidence refuting evolution.
Jhonathan Sarpati Ph.D. 15 loopholes in the evolutionary theory of the origins of life
Early stage ofChemical evolution Theories byDuane Gish PhD
& Theories of Origin of Life By Charles Q. Choi PhD
17 evidences against evolution by Kenneth martin PhD
The scientific case against evolution by Henry D. Morris PhD
These and many other scientists,refute the theory of evolution.
2)I am interested in knowing how life was created ,the theory of evolution is unable to provide that answer.
They present theories based on suppositions,not facts, as to how life may have created. When putting their theories to the test,they have been unable to create even the simplest form of life,let alone being able to create the complex human bodies that we inhabit.
By their own admission,Evolutionists admit,that they have no factual evidence as to how life was created.
Since evolution does not provide an answer to my question,I need look elsewhwere for an answer.
That is where God comes in,and in Genesis I find an answer.
This answer suggests that a Supernatural"SPIRITUAL BEING"is the creator.
this supreme being says he is God,,But how can I prove God exists,
I can not,because as a human,I am unable to prove or comprehend that which is Spiritual or supernatural. The only one who can prove God's existence is God himself. And,in the Bible,he tells you
what you need to do,in order for him to reveal himself to you.
Here are some;
Deuteronomy 4:29
But from there you will seek the Lord your God and you will find him, if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.

Jeremiah 29:12-14
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord,.

Proverbs 8:17
I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me.

When I put those statements to the test,their validity was confirmed,,,,(I have posted this before)
I sought God,through prayer,seeking answers to problems that I have faced in my life and for which I could not find a solution.
As a result of my prayers,requestind his help,those problems were resolved inways that I would have never imagined.
that is how God revealed himself to me,,,answered prayers
He did not talk to me,he did not appear to me and no,I did not hear voices in my head.
As the Apostle Paul stated;To the unbeliever,the existence of God is nonsense,because natural man cannot come to a knowledge of God.
The knowledge of God is spiritually discerned...
That is the basis for my faith...You don't have to believe it,that is your choice...contrary to the opinion of satans Priest,who accused me of being a con man, I have nothing to gain by trying to con anyone.....Iam merely sharing the reasons for my faith.
If,at some point in your life,you conclude that you need God's assistance,do not be afraid to put him to the test.
If you diligently seek him,you will find him
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98676 Apr 5, 2013
Evolution wrote:
Hello I am Evolution- I started from nothing,for nothing was in existence (no form of matter existed absolutely nothing.)
But over billions of years some unknown material evolved ,and I with no body,no brain,no eyes ,no legs,no feet ,no heart,no life created everything.
But as hard as this is to believe, I am responsible for all forms of life now living on planet earth,and through out the universe.
Only the very wise can comprehend this. Behold all stars,moon,sun,mankind,animals ,insects,birds,fish, plants ,trees ,all done by one with no life ,no brain .MIRACLE? Yes that's me ,Behold EVOLUTION
GRRRREAT Post and greatly appreciated'

You have finally answered the question that I have been posing and which no one on this website had been able to answer....LOL
GWB

Roseville, CA

#98677 Apr 5, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us take this one step at a time;
1)For every body of evidence supporting evolution,I can provide you with a supporting body of evidence refuting evolution.
Jhonathan Sarpati Ph.D. 15 loopholes in the evolutionary theory of the origins of life
Early stage ofChemical evolution Theories byDuane Gish PhD
& Theories of Origin of Life By Charles Q. Choi PhD
17 evidences against evolution by Kenneth martin PhD
The scientific case against evolution by Henry D. Morris PhD
These and many other scientists,refute the theory of evolution.
2)I am interested in knowing how life was created ,the theory of evolution is unable to provide that answer.
The Challenge of the Fossil Record, by Duane T. Gish, 1985, pp. 180-204. These books must, of course, be taken with a large grain of salt because they, too, leave out whatever evidence does not support their ideas.

Subj : Jehovah Witness' Little Blue Lie

The following is extracted from a general commentary on the
Watchtower Society book _Life - How Did It Get Here? By Evolution
Or By Creation?

http://www.skeptictank.org/files/moretext/jwi...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98678 Apr 5, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>Posted while bobble-heading no doubt too lol
Just keep on keepin on. Life's a garden, dig it.
Evolution

Morehead, KY

#98679 Apr 5, 2013
This is Evolution again. Thanks to all who believe in me.
True I am hard to believe in,seeing as I came from absolutely nothing, I did not exist,but if you know me, you know that a small bit of a supernatural matter formed me.
Even though I had no bodily form and no brain, I created all things your eyes behold.
And I am the greatest of all,therefore I, Evolution will be taught in your schools and passed on for generations. Man will write books and try to find out my secrets, but mankind will never create a single star in the universe(though I created millions. Me with no body,no eyes,no ears,no brain. Man says he does not worship me but I know better,for he keeps me in his thoughts always wanting to dig deeper and find the truth . Behold I, Evolution is Truth . Ha ha once you believe in me , Evolution ,you will always believe.

Location hidden

#98680 Apr 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I snipped repetitive drivel... No One does Not need chromosomes from the female and from the Male to create a new organism... Humans Do because we Evolved to reproduce that way over Billions of years, that variation of reproduction evolved before Humans were walking on 4 legs... Long before Humans moved onto land from the sea... But the Statement "So,one needs the chromosones from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." That is Not Fact in All Organisms... Many Organisms retained the ability to reproduce without Male or Females.... Humans (actually all Vertebrates) Evolved billions of years ago to reproduce using genetic material from another of it's species... Some laid eggs, some gave live births .. Then along the way Mammals evolved to give live birth and maintain gender specific genetics... Some of our ancestor vertebrates retained the ability to be male or female dependent on populations and environment...

So to Make it Simple because I have No Doubt you didn't understand what I wrote ... The Statement "So,one needs the chromosomes from both,men and women,in order to create a new organism.That is a fact." Is Not True for all Organisms...
How does this not require the same amount of faith to believe since no one can explain the "along the way" part?

How could a specie go from laying eggs to giving birth? What does that transition look like? There's not much of a middle ground there for it to be a combination of the two.
Evolution

Morehead, KY

#98681 Apr 5, 2013
Evolution wrote:
This is Evolution again. Thanks to all who believe in me.
True I am hard to believe in,seeing as I came from absolutely nothing, I did not exist,but if you know me, you know that a small bit of a supernatural matter formed me.
Even though I had no bodily form and no brain, I created all things your eyes behold.
And I am the greatest of all,therefore I, Evolution will be taught in your schools and passed on for generations. Man will write books and try to find out my secrets, but mankind will never create a single star in the universe(though I created millions. Me with no body,no eyes,no ears,no brain. Man says he does not worship me but I know better,for he keeps me in his thoughts always wanting to dig deeper and find the truth . Behold I, Evolution is Truth . Ha ha once you believe in me , Evolution ,you will always believe.
It seems this topic gives two choices , either evolution or God.
Evolution is so far fetched that God is the only logical choice.
In my opinion neither should be taught in school.I believe in the Bible,but as this post through out proves that would only lead to arguing.
And evolution is totally fictional.(the reason I posted the above,it really is that stupid )
Teach science and biology as a subject ,without mentioning the creation ,and no will argue. The fairy tale of evolution should be listed under fiction,if at all.
But all these post has helped me and others to increase our faith in God,reading all the nonsense on evolution only made it clear that it is unbelievable.
Shall We Dance

Elkhorn City, KY

#98682 Apr 5, 2013
How many of you actually read the article? Judging by most of the comments, very few. This thread is about introducing legislature of an Elective Bible course, There are Bible classes already in SOME SCHOOLS. What a curve ball, going from a proposed bill being introduced to Non-Believer to Believer which side are you on thread!

Heidrick, KY

#98683 Apr 5, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
How does this not require the same amount of faith to believe since no one can explain the "along the way" part?
How could a specie go from laying eggs to giving birth? What does that transition look like? There's not much of a middle ground there for it to be a combination of the two.
Because all along the way we have Evidence , 10's of 1000's if not Millions of pieces of Evidence.... Do we have all the possible gaps filled in, no, but when we get a new piece of evidence we actually get to Test the Theory and see if the Predictions made by the theory is validated by the new evidence (Which it has been 1000's of time) or modify the theory accordingly.... Now Tomorrow if Evidence was found that was Repeatable, Verifiable that could stand up to open and candid debate that disproved the existing theories altogether then we would have to come up with a Better Explanation of the existing evidence and the new evidence... For an Example if Tomorrow a UFO landed and a short fellow with a big head stepped out and gave us a batch of Evidence that his folks had dropped in long ago and implanted Life, that could do it... But At No Time is Faith required...

A good example of this finding evidence to validate the theory is Birds being the evolutionary result of some dinosaurs surviving the impact 65 million years ago... That was a Theory years ago, was even considered when I was a kid... after years we found some dino's had wish bones... after a while longer we found some dinos had hollow bones... after a while longer we found dinos with feathers.... after a while we found dinos with wings and tails and teeth and feathers... And any stage we could have found a Robin from 100 million years ago that would have ended that theory altogether but all we find is Evidence that more and more validates the theory that one line at least of dinos evolved into birds.. No Faith required...

Heidrick, KY

#98684 Apr 5, 2013
Oh and as for the laying eggs and giving live birth you are looking to far ahead.. That Specialization evolved far back in time... it's would go from laying soft shelled eggs in the sea as we swim about and having a lot of them eaten to where a few minor changes from some environmental or genetic mutation cause a critter to hatch the soft egg inside and that species passed along that trait .. over time more critters of that species lives that hatched the egg inside than those that laid the egg.. By the time assorted critters climbed out of the sea some species laid eggs and some didn't... We come from the line that didn't .. Dinos (Birds) and Reptiles continued to lay eggs but the amphibians had evolved into several genetic lines... Some laid eggs with soft shells some laid eggs in water and some hatched the eggs inside and gave birth to little critters... Later on the evolutionary jumps allowed some critters to very quickly fill gaps left after catastrophes ... It's called punctuated evolution.. when a major catastrophe happens and most life is wipe out species quickly change to fit the assorted niches in the environment until they become stable and change very little until the next catastrophe and then whats left is forced by to change to fit the niches..... Now everything that I just told you we have found Evidence for... we have found fossils of animals and plants going back Billions of years not just Millions... We have them from when they were Only microbial live forms before plants and animals diverged, we have plants and animals from the pre Cambrian epoch, we have plants and animals from the Cambrian explosion and every epoch after and in each one we see a great dying of as much as 90% of all life with a quick species divergence then a slow evolutionary change over millions of years... If you really wanted too you can do the work of studying what we do and do not know and even spend years in the field learning what we actually do know for fact and what we theorize based on the evidence we have found... All it take is a quest for Evidence and set aside all concepts of Belief or Faith...
Me

Winchester, KY

#98685 Apr 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Because all along the way we have Evidence , 10's of 1000's if not Millions of pieces of Evidence.... Do we have all the possible gaps filled in, no, but when we get a new piece of evidence we actually get to Test the Theory and see if the Predictions made by the theory is validated by the new evidence (Which it has been 1000's of time) or modify the theory accordingly.... Now Tomorrow if Evidence was found that was Repeatable, Verifiable that could stand up to open and candid debate that disproved the existing theories altogether then we would have to come up with a Better Explanation of the existing evidence and the new evidence... For an Example if Tomorrow a UFO landed and a short fellow with a big head stepped out and gave us a batch of Evidence that his folks had dropped in long ago and implanted Life, that could do it... But At No Time is Faith required...

A good example of this finding evidence to validate the theory is Birds being the evolutionary result of some dinosaurs surviving the impact 65 million years ago... That was a Theory years ago, was even considered when I was a kid... after years we found some dino's had wish bones... after a while longer we found some dinos had hollow bones... after a while longer we found dinos with feathers.... after a while we found dinos with wings and tails and teeth and feathers... And any stage we could have found a Robin from 100 million years ago that would have ended that theory altogether but all we find is Evidence that more and more validates the theory that one line at least of dinos evolved into birds.. No Faith required...
Theory, But, If, and Millions of years ago is all I hear, Never concrete evidence of anything.

Dinosaurs turning into Robins but you question someone's faith, I guess you think Global Warming and Aliens are real to. Lol Seems to me you drunk the Kool Aid and want others to have a drink.

Miracles and unexplained really happen everyday. Faith Required..
Me

Winchester, KY

#98686 Apr 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Oh and as for the laying eggs and giving live birth you are looking to far ahead.. That Specialization evolved far back in time... it's would go from laying soft shelled eggs in the sea as we swim about and having a lot of them eaten to where a few minor changes from some environmental or genetic mutation cause a critter to hatch the soft egg inside and that species passed along that trait .. over time more critters of that species lives that hatched the egg inside than those that laid the egg.. By the time assorted critters climbed out of the sea some species laid eggs and some didn't... We come from the line that didn't .. Dinos (Birds) and Reptiles continued to lay eggs but the amphibians had evolved into several genetic lines... Some laid eggs with soft shells some laid eggs in water and some hatched the eggs inside and gave birth to little critters... Later on the evolutionary jumps allowed some critters to very quickly fill gaps left after catastrophes ... It's called punctuated evolution.. when a major catastrophe happens and most life is wipe out species quickly change to fit the assorted niches in the environment until they become stable and change very little until the next catastrophe and then whats left is forced by to change to fit the niches..... Now everything that I just told you we have found Evidence for... we have found fossils of animals and plants going back Billions of years not just Millions... We have them from when they were Only microbial live forms before plants and animals diverged, we have plants and animals from the pre Cambrian epoch, we have plants and animals from the Cambrian explosion and every epoch after and in each one we see a great dying of as much as 90% of all life with a quick species divergence then a slow evolutionary change over millions of years... If you really wanted too you can do the work of studying what we do and do not know and even spend years in the field learning what we actually do know for fact and what we theorize based on the evidence we have found... All it take is a quest for Evidence and set aside all concepts of Belief or Faith...
Mutation does this mean that the Ninja Turtles could be real. Lol are using google for this crap. Every post you write a book.
I haven't looked on here since December and nothing has changed someone post and you have to comment like you hold the evolution knowledge of the world lol.
Let me set aside my beliefs and faith for a moment and say that your full of it.
If you would spend as much time reading the bible as you do writing this crap you might would learn something new. Instead of how old something is on earth when you don't know where it came from to begin with.

Location hidden

#98687 Apr 6, 2013
Shall We Dance wrote:
How many of you actually read the article? Judging by most of the comments, very few. This thread is about introducing legislature of an Elective Bible course, There are Bible classes already in SOME SCHOOLS. What a curve ball, going from a proposed bill being introduced to Non-Believer to Believer which side are you on thread!
The topic "evolved"

Location hidden

#98688 Apr 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Because all along the way we have Evidence , 10's of 1000's if not Millions of pieces of Evidence.... Do we have all the possible gaps filled in, no, but when we get a new piece of evidence we actually get to Test the Theory and see if the Predictions made by the theory is validated by the new evidence (Which it has been 1000's of time) or modify the theory accordingly.... Now Tomorrow if Evidence was found that was Repeatable, Verifiable that could stand up to open and candid debate that disproved the existing theories altogether then we would have to come up with a Better Explanation of the existing evidence and the new evidence... For an Example if Tomorrow a UFO landed and a short fellow with a big head stepped out and gave us a batch of Evidence that his folks had dropped in long ago and implanted Life, that could do it... But At No Time is Faith required...

What about eggs to birth like I asked? What does the middle of that evolution look like?

Location hidden

#98689 Apr 6, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
Still don't see how egg slowly evolves to live birth. That seems like a one or the other scenario to me

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sugars daddies 33 min The Specialist 13
Anybody know David Allen smith? (Jul '13) 1 hr concerned 127
1st day of school for Knox 1 hr Not 7
Concerning the Devil. 1 hr The Specialist 1
Perverts of knox co. 2 hr Tommy mills 8
Scotty Powell dealing drugs at catron square 2 hr Jellybean 17
Everything is Fake. 2 hr The Specialist 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages