Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,107

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98539 Apr 4, 2013
Old wrote:
<quoted text>Now you show yourself to be either a retard or a liar or both since I quote you,
“Just because I translate it in a different way (FAR from "literal") does NOT mean I have not read it.”
You said that you translate it and then later you admit that you do not possess the skill to translate it.
You are a proven liar and your insults are meaningless
Was it the imbecilic or dolt that enticed you to post, with out reading what had been written further?

Or did you skip past the number three (3)definition out of five (5) of "translate"--

Now this is the absolute simplest I can "translate" translate--

"3.to explain in terms that can be more easily understood; interpret. "
As in MY interpretation of what I personally read -feel free to have your own.

And I have no problem reiterating, NO, NO, NO and NO, I personally do not do Greek, Latin, Aramaic and whatever the other language (Hebrew perhaps-being as that was the original language of text of lots of the Bible)Why would anyone even want to LIE about such, and hold themselves as able untruthfully?

Therefore, I can only surmise, that you perhaps, are just another small minded individual, on the trail of just looking to 6th grade level gutter snipe.

Try two rights and then a wrong-maybe you'll find one there :-).
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98540 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Fair enough.
It's a trait of the Libras.
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98541 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
To understand the universe you must think about frequency, vibration, and energy
N Tesla
That helps in understanding technology too lol.
who ville

Natick, MA

#98542 Apr 4, 2013
Jj
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98543 Apr 4, 2013
Old wrote:
<quoted text>Now you are just being a crybaby. Instead of just saying,“Whatever, I wrote translate but meant interpret,” you dig in your heels and insist that someone else’s work,(the translation that you like) is your work. That’s plagiarism
What?

to turn from one language into another or from a foreign language into one's OWN: to translate.

I've repeatedly said I did NOT write the book either, so I have no idea WHAT you're talking about.
who ville

Natick, MA

#98544 Apr 4, 2013
Kl
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

#98545 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Nether, the world has not always been and no god made it.
Oh, I am sure that there is greater than man, I can not help but believe that if there is life on earth there may be life elsewhere in the vastness, billions of planets of space.
But to be plain, YOUR version of god, that which elevates you above others is not real.
If there was some divinity it would be the opposite of the evil of the god that you worship.
You do NOT get to make parameters that I must choose from or believe.
You can not accept that you are no better than any one, the homeless, a hooker, a killer, are the same as you are.
And my friend you can not rule out God,for you have yet to gives us an alternative to believe in. You are not allowed to determine our belief in God either. Friends ? Love you my friend .Blessings
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98546 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>It did not need to be created it has always been.(just like you say about your god)
This has been discussed many times in this thread, you keep beating it because that is the only response that you have.
It did not get "created" out of nothing. There has always been energy, there has always been life. PROVE that I am wrong
For once,we agree on something. There has always been life and there has always been energy,which did not need to be created.
That life and energy is what I call God and the Bible points to that fact,when God tells Moses in Exodus 3;13,14

13And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them?

14And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Quote from IM Studies
" When God says of Himself, in fact names Himself, I AM, He very truthfully and confidently asserts that He rests for Being upon no one but Himself, exists before all things, and all things
exist through Him. When God says, "I AM", He confidently asserts that He has need of nothing, but by and through and of Himself,IS."

In the New Testament,Jesus states;
John 5:26
26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself

John 8:58
58 Jesus said to them,“Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham [a]was born, I am.”

Now,Evolutionists believe that the universe was created,meaning that at one point in time,it did not exist.From that,if one believes that Life and energy always existed,one can deduce that the creator of that Universe is GOD.
But,Evolutionists do not accept the existence of GOD.They claim that the creation of the Universe,planets,stars and all living species where not created by a superior intelligence,that there was an explosion,which creared Stars and planets and that, on our planet a perfect set of conditions occurred,which they can not explain,which was able to create living cells,create again meaning that they did not previously exist and that over a period of billions of years,were able to assemble themselves in such a manner that they became a living species,whether human,or non human.
So,in effect,these previously nonexistent cells,were somehow able to create themselves and over a period of billions of years were able to evolve into different types of living species,heretofore non existent.
So,these cells were able to accomplish this,having no knowledge, intellect or idea as to what they were creating.
In this unknown and unprovable process,these cells were able to evolve into the most sophisticared form of life known to man,among many other forms of life.
Somehow,from unintelligent cells,we were created as intelligent beings,,and I can go on,repeating points that I have already posted.
I can not prove God's existence by employing natural methods,since God is Supernatural..
Therefore only God can prove his existence,and Biblical verses that I have quoted in previous postings,provide the formula as to how this can be accomplished....AND I KNOW THE FORMULA is factual,because I tested it and it works.
To those who don't believe in God,or don't want to believe,it's all nonsense,but,those who believe and have put Chrit's teachings into practice ,have found these teachinhs to be true,thereby,because of their personal experiences with God are able to attest to his BEING...
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

#98547 Apr 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Your question is nonsensical. It's like asking "how many vowels are in a gallon of alarm clocks?" The very couching of your question betrays your bias. The universe was not "made."
You first make the assumption that there was a time before time, that energy was brought in from outside of time-space and organized with forethought, that "someone" had to exist before existence to "make" existence and so on.
love math ?-Answer this simple equation :give the principal square root of 25 (first give the radical notation ) than (the Exponential notation ) Note this is grade school math (but you claim to know so much on science ,I am sure this like adding 3 plus 2 to someone like you.

Your mind can not accept the fact that everything had to come from something that already existed (and that "something " had to be created. Or my view God made it . So the question still is the same:
1. God made everything .
2, N O T H I N G made everything. There are no other answers.
you just proved that fact. and stop think for a second (or a few hours ) W H A T Material,or energy still makes planets,humans?- Show us- Answer you can not prove your point ,just as we can not prove God-but at least believing in a higher power creating everything is more logical to believe in than an "energy source ' made everything. Talk about far fetched imagination ,that fairy tale is the craziest story ever told. But you have that right so carry on my friend .Blessings Truth is we are tiny specks in a vast universe,so our simple minds can not comprehend God. I am weak,so are you,I understand very little,so do you. So lets not try to disprove God,because we can not give any other rational answer. Love you my friend .

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#98548 Apr 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Your response is confirmed as illogical,by the very response you posted.
If ,as you say,"I reject ALL the evidence,because it is not COMPLETE",then I am not rejecting ALL the evidence,because all the evidence has not been presented,nor has Science been able to uncover that evidence
I am merely rejecting the partial evidence,what ever that evidence might be, which,whatever that evidence is, fails to explain how nonliving and nonintelligent matter is able to transform itself into intelligent ,living matter.
You have posted no evidence that this process is possible,nor can one infer the possibility of this process being a possible explanation for the creation of any living species,human or otherwise...
This barely makes sense.

We do not have "all" the evidence because that is a fallacious idea to begin with. In science, you have evidence. If you have enough of it, and it if stands to reason in support of a theory, then the theory stands as supported.

The other poster is right in pointing out that you are rejecting good evidence for a solid theory in favor of an idea that has no evidence whatsoever.

Why would you do that? Why choose the idea without evidence even if the idea with evidence is "incomplete"?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98549 Apr 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>"As man is God was As God is man can become" Does that sound familar...What scripture says that?
"The King James Version Bible is a good translation as far as it is translated correctly" Is that a familar quote? Who decides what is translated correct and what is not?\

Are you surprised that I know some Mormon quotes?
No, that information is pretty easily found.
The Bible did not say that. At least the pieces that we have. Unfortunately, the Bible that we have access to has made it possible for thousands of different interpretations, which is why there is so much confusion and so many denominations. That is why there is a necessity for the restoration of the church that Jesus set up and a prophet to give the world God's messages, just like in old days.

These quotes were from revelations from Jesus Christ through Joseph Smith. And only the Holy Ghost can discern whether a translation is correct.

Location hidden

#98550 Apr 4, 2013
You are simply wrong wrote:
<quoted text>It’s all about the free will. If God stops you, you don’t have free will. How you deal with adversity, how you deal with death is just as important as how you deal with life and happiness. It’s part of what determines the mettle of your soul and determines if you are worthy or unworthy.
Your atheist show is probably right from the standpoint of the rapist. She forgot the standpoint of the child. If that child was sentient and sapient and had an immortal soul, most likely she was too young to be evil and an eternity in Heaven is worth any suffering endured on Earth.
"Mumbai: It's perhaps one of the most horrific stories of sexual abuse. Three sisters aged 11, nine and five years were brutally raped and killed and then their bodies were thrown in a well near Lakhni village in Bhandara district of Maharashtra."

http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/three-minor...

So. Tell me again how the Christian faith thinks these little girls should have "handled the adversity" of being raped, murdered, and tossed down a well.

And tell me again how God, apparently all powerful and all loving, could watch this happen from on high, not lift a finger to stop it, and still be revered?

And how do you sleep at night being comfortable with this sort of evil, justifying it because....you have a belief in Heaven?

Hand over your human being membership card and get the hell out of my world, please.

Child rape is ok because Heaven is awesome?? Are you f**king KIDDING me??

Location hidden

#98551 Apr 4, 2013
Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
love math ?-Answer this simple equation :give the principal square root of 25 (first give the radical notation ) than (the Exponential notation ) Note this is grade school math (but you claim to know so much on science ,I am sure this like adding 3 plus 2 to someone like you.
Your mind can not accept the fact that everything had to come from something that already existed (and that "something " had to be created. Or my view God made it . So the question still is the same:
1. God made everything .
2, N O T H I N G made everything. There are no other answers.
you just proved that fact. and stop think for a second (or a few hours ) W H A T Material,or energy still makes planets,humans?- Show us- Answer you can not prove your point ,just as we can not prove God-but at least believing in a higher power creating everything is more logical to believe in than an "energy source ' made everything. Talk about far fetched imagination ,that fairy tale is the craziest story ever told. But you have that right so carry on my friend .Blessings Truth is we are tiny specks in a vast universe,so our simple minds can not comprehend God. I am weak,so are you,I understand very little,so do you. So lets not try to disprove God,because we can not give any other rational answer. Love you my friend .
If you accept scientific naturalism then you know that invoking an idea more complex than the thing you are trying to explain is usually wrong. The idea of a mind so vast and complex it created the universe is quite a bit more far-fetched than the idea that the universe came into being via some natural means.

We do science by observing, offering a hypothesis based on reason and evidence, testing it, and rejecting that which fails the test.

Which part of that process does God fit into?

None of them.

Therefore God is not part of science. So why try to solve the mystery of how the universe got started by invoking a magical concept with no evidence and no hope of ever finding any?

Isn't science a better tool for truthseeking
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

#98552 Apr 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
If you accept scientific naturalism then you know that invoking an idea more complex than the thing you are trying to explain is usually wrong. The idea of a mind so vast and complex it created the universe is quite a bit more far-fetched than the idea that the universe came into being via some natural means.
We do science by observing, offering a hypothesis based on reason and evidence, testing it, and rejecting that which fails the test.
Which part of that process does God fit into?
None of them.
Therefore God is not part of science. So why try to solve the mystery of how the universe got started by invoking a magical concept with no evidence and no hope of ever finding any?
Isn't science a better tool for truthseeking
How does science explain it? There are theories than I can remember,which one is right? Tell me.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#98553 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Since this post makes sense "big bang theory" will ignore it. Truth causes christians pain. And this post will give "big bang theory" major butt hurt
Nope.. He will not have a clue as to what I'm speaking of... He will revert to the Who made the Energy, who did what to make it go boom and so forth... He has No Idea of the basic physics of energy to matter conversion, No idea how matter self assembles into ever more complex versions over time... He like most never consider that there is absolutely no rational argument to events that happened 16 Billion years ago if you B'Leve everything was Pooffed into existence as it is at the moment just a tick on the clock ago... Most cannot even conceive that evolution of life started 16 billion years ago when the first two physical particles assembled into a more complex variation... Evolution did start when the earth formed... It started billions of years before our sun reformed the second time....
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

#98554 Apr 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mumbai: It's perhaps one of the most horrific stories of sexual abuse. Three sisters aged 11, nine and five years were brutally raped and killed and then their bodies were thrown in a well near Lakhni village in Bhandara district of Maharashtra."
http://www.ndtv.com/article/india/three-minor...
So. Tell me again how the Christian faith thinks these little girls should have "handled the adversity" of being raped, murdered, and tossed down a well.
And tell me again how God, apparently all powerful and all loving, could watch this happen from on high, not lift a finger to stop it, and still be revered?

And how do you sleep at night being comfortable with this sort of evil, justifying it because....you have a belief in Heaven?
Hand over your human being membership card and get the hell out of my world, please.
Child rape is ok because Heaven is awesome?? Are you f**king KIDDING me??
My friend ,the Bible says that the devil is ruler of this earth,that is why God is coming back to give us a new world ,where there will be no death ,nor pain . Too many (even Christians think God wants everything that happens to take place ). Wrong. God gave man a free will . He gave us the choice to choose to do good or evil. But since satan came and filled many people with hate for God,hate for mankind,hate for any type of rules. horrible things like that happen . But satan will be cast into a burning hell when Jesus returns and man's minds will not be influenced by evil,thus no more killings! A perfect place of peace and joy.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98555 Apr 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
This barely makes sense.
We do not have "all" the evidence because that is a fallacious idea to begin with. In science, you have evidence. If you have enough of it, and it if stands to reason in support of a theory, then the theory stands as supported.
The other poster is right in pointing out that you are rejecting good evidence for a solid theory in favor of an idea that has no evidence whatsoever.
Why would you do that? Why choose the idea without evidence even if the idea with evidence is "incomplete"?
The foundation of the Evolutionits theory,is that nonliving,nonintelligent matter,was able,over a period of billions of years,to evolve into a living cell,which in turn was able to evolve into many living species,including human kind.
That this nonliving non intelligent matter,was ,somehow, able to evolve into a living species,specifically,mankind,p reviously nonexistent,stretches my imagination beyond it's limits.
Science has not been able to explain how this process took place,nor duplicate that process.If you can neither explain or duplicate the process on which your foundation is based,then your theory collapses,due to the unreliability of the evidence that is used to support it.
Science has,by it's own admission,been unable to explain how life came into existence.
I have posed that question on several occassions and no one has been able to or attempted to provide the answer.
Basically,If one believes that nonliving and non intelligent matteer was able to create the most intelligent species, among others on this planet, and that this intelligent species,with all it's intellect is unable to duplicate this process or provide data as to how this process took place,leads one to the absurd conclusion that,nonintelligence was able to accomplish what human intelligence has been unable to accomplish.In other words,non intelligence is more intelligent than intelligence...
That,my good man,is logically impossible.

You err,when you state that my faith is an idea for which I can provide no evidence. Read my posting to Satan Priest and you willsee precisely what my faith is based on,how I HAVE TESTED IT and found it to be true...
Nevertheless,you are entitled to your opinion.....

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#98557 Apr 4, 2013
Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend ,the Bible says that the devil is ruler of this earth,that is why God is coming back to give us a new world ,where there will be no death ,nor pain . Too many (even Christians think God wants everything that happens to take place ). Wrong. God gave man a free will . He gave us the choice to choose to do good or evil. But since satan came and filled many people with hate for God,hate for mankind,hate for any type of rules. horrible things like that happen . But satan will be cast into a burning hell when Jesus returns and man's minds will not be influenced by evil,thus no more killings! A perfect place of peace and joy.
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98558 Apr 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope.. He will not have a clue as to what I'm speaking of... He will revert to the Who made the Energy, who did what to make it go boom and so forth... He has No Idea of the basic physics of energy to matter conversion, No idea how matter self assembles into ever more complex versions over time... He like most never consider that there is absolutely no rational argument to events that happened 16 Billion years ago if you B'Leve everything was Pooffed into existence as it is at the moment just a tick on the clock ago... Most cannot even conceive that evolution of life started 16 billion years ago when the first two physical particles assembled into a more complex variation... Evolution did start when the earth formed... It started billions of years before our sun reformed the second time....
Since you and satanic priest appear to be well versed in Science,
I would appreciate your scientific explanation for something I posted earlier,,Which is as follows.
Evolution is nothing more that Extreme Science Fiction
Those who do not believe in God and believe in the scientific theory of evolution would believe that,
Unliving and unintelligent matter can ,over a period of billions of years,evolved into a living intelligent being,able to reproduce after it's own kind.
Let us analyze that procedure and apply it to the human species;
According to evolution,certain elements came together,devoid of intelligence or life and were somehow,able to assemble themselves ,over a period of billions of years,into a living being,previously non existent.
Without any guidance or blueprint to follow,this process called evolution,was able to create an amazingly sophisticated and complex machine,hereto fore unknown.
Question,How did that happen?How did this process know what was needed in order to create a living human,that this human would need a heart,a brain,a liver etc. and create within itself HALF of the necessary elements needed in order to continue the survival of the human species.We call this,MAN.

Now,apart and Independent of this MAN,we would have to have,these same identical elements,over a period of billions of years,create an almost identical being called woman,which would have most of the same characteristics of man,a heart,a brain,liver etc,and create within itself the other HALF of necessary elements needed to create additional human beings of both sexes,But,how did this unintelligent process know to create separate beings of different sexes and provide them with the necessary parts so there would be a continuation of the species.
Science CAN NOT explain that process,has no idea how it occurred,but yet,insists that their theory is accurate. That is not Science,that is Science Fiction of the highest degree.
Thereby my belief that a far superior intelligence than we possess, created us,that superior intelligence is what I refer to as GOD.
Meanwhile,those who do not believe in this superior intelligence,attempt to disprove God's Existence,
the foundation of their argument,that unintelligent and unliving matter,was somehow,able to transform itself into living intelligent matter,in the form of a human being,a process they can neither explain,provide any evidence that this event happened,nor have any idea as to how it occurred,
Therefore,they are willimg to believe that we were not created by a Supernatural being with a far superior intellect than humans possess,but were instead created by an unintelligent,unliving source that evolved over billions of years..
excuse me

Elkhorn City, KY

#98559 Apr 4, 2013
They refuse to answer any question directly because they wish to put the burden of proof to those that believe in the bible and creation..They are great "spin doctors" and nothing more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min American Lady 155,405
Marica 1015 9 min Looker 1
Stealing from child's grave 12 min D Rogers 5
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 39 min yeah man 7,183
barbourville utitlities ripoff 1 hr Allison 6
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 1 hr former ho 5
food stamps 3 hr not right 42
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE