Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,101 - 94,120 of 130,469 Comments Last updated 16 min ago
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98486 Apr 4, 2013
Dude! Fix that!
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

#98487 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Is that enough contridictions in the bible or shall I keep copying and pasting?
Add this :
Bible VersionsJohnJohn 10John 10:10Compare Translations
Compare Translations for John 10:10
Compare Translations
John 10:10 NIV
New International Version
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
Read John 10 NIV | Read John 10:10 NIV in parallel
John 10:10 ASV
American Standard Version
The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have [it] abundantly.
Read John 10 ASV | Read John 10:10 ASV in parallel
John 10:10 BBE
Bible in Basic English
The thief comes only to take the sheep and to put them to death: he comes for their destruction: I have come so that they may have life and have it in greater measure.
Read John 10 BBE | Read John 10:10 BBE in parallel
John 10:10 CEB
Common English Bible
The thief enters only to steal, kill, and destroy. I came so that they could have life—indeed, so that they could live life to the fullest.
Read John 10 CEB | Read John 10:10 CEB in parallel
John 10:10 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible
The thief comes only in order to steal, kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, life in its fullest measure.
Read John 10 CJB | Read John 10:10 CJB in parallel
John 10:10 RHE
Douay-Rheims
The thief cometh not, but for to steal and to kill and to destroy. I am come that they may have life and may have it more abundantly.
Read John 10 RHE | Read John 10:10 RHE in parallel
John 10:10 ESV
English Standard Version
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
Read John 10 ESV | Read John 10:10 ESV in parallel
John 10:10 GW
GOD'S WORD Translation
A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came so that my sheep will have life and so that they will have everything they need.
Read John 10 GW | Read John 10:10 GW in parallel
John 10:10 GNT
Good News Translation
The thief comes only in order to steal, kill, and destroy. I have come in order that you might have life - life in all its fullness.
Read John 10 GNT | Read John 10:10 GNT in parallel
John 10:10 HNV
Hebrew Names Version
The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.
Read John 10 HNV | Read John 10:10 HNV in parallel
John 10:10 CSB
Holman Christian Standard
A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance.
Read John 10 CSB | Read John 10:10 CSB in parallel
John 10:10 KJV
King James Version
The thief cometh not, but for to steal , and to kill , and to destroy : I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98488 Apr 4, 2013
Oops....Sorry Brother Old, forgot to change the handle while you were cooking the eggs. The hazard of not having my own computer and you letting me use yours
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98489 Apr 4, 2013
Leave me out of this and eat your friggin eggs
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98490 Apr 4, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
This is hilarious. You reject all of the evidence because it's not complete and replace it with something that has no evidence.
How is that a logical decision?
Your response is confirmed as illogical,by the very response you posted.
If ,as you say,"I reject ALL the evidence,because it is not COMPLETE",then I am not rejecting ALL the evidence,because all the evidence has not been presented,nor has Science been able to uncover that evidence

I am merely rejecting the partial evidence,what ever that evidence might be, which,whatever that evidence is, fails to explain how nonliving and nonintelligent matter is able to transform itself into intelligent ,living matter.
You have posted no evidence that this process is possible,nor can one infer the possibility of this process being a possible explanation for the creation of any living species,human or otherwise...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#98491 Apr 4, 2013
I make no pretense of being a paleontologist, a geneticist or a microbiologist. I can and have read the Bible, and yet I make no pretense of authority based on that, either.
You contend that in the past 3.6 billion years and 200 million square miles of Earth there have not been the proper conditions or enough time for nature to have created self-replicating chemicals and that those chemicals could not have become more complex. Instead, you place all of your considerations and conclusions of the origins of life as we understand it in the pages of scrolls written a few thousand years ago - then, based on that faith, you accuse others that as lacking facts...
So I say again,
Not in any way you are WILLING to understand.
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

#98492 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Life is chemical reaction and electron flow. Nothing more than that
right use this it might help prove your point :

A large semi filled with home building supplies flips over ,throwing the home building supplies into the air ,which miraculously forms a perfect 24 room mansion. Every thing is completely perfect in every detail ,better than if built by the very finest contractors . Even the wiring of electricity and plumping is working.
Sounds to stupid to be true ? But this(below ) does not?

HEADLINE " Earth is formed by the collision of millions of fragments of meteorites and stars, the earth is so well formed that if it were any closer to the sun we would all burn up ,any farther away we would all freeze to death.
You unbelievers need to give us believers more to go on than "nothing created everything " first prove that absolutely nothing ever created any ,I mean A N Y source of life or object.(No do not say that chemicals reacted forming life (B E C A U S E who made those chemicals.
OK ,as I see it ,we have 2 choices on belief:
!. Absolutely nothing created the universe .
2. Our heavenly father who has always been ,created everything.
Right both take faith ,but believing in God requires less faith.
Have a blessed day,I love you and so does God.

You might give this post a rest,for you worry not God,but it seems to be a great obsession for you,give your self a break ,and rest awhile my friend.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98493 Apr 4, 2013
Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
A large semi filled with home building supplies flips over ,throwing the home building supplies into the air ,which miraculously forms a perfect 24 room mansion. Every thing is completely perfect in every detail ,better than if built by the very finest contractors . Even the wiring of electricity and plumping is working.
HEADLINE " Earth is formed by the collision of millions of fragments of meteorites and stars, the earth is so well formed that if it were any closer to the sun we would all burn up ,any farther away we would all freeze to death.
You unbelievers need to give us believers more to go on than "nothing created everything " first prove that absolutely nothing ever created any ,I mean A N Y source of life or object.(No do not say that chemicals reacted forming life (B E C A U S E who made those chemicals.
You might give this post a rest,for you worry not God,but it seems to be a great obsession for you,give your self a break ,and rest awhile my friend.
You're analogy is a typical example of the flawed and tedious ignorance creationists generally have of the theory. Haven't you been resting on that long enough?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98494 Apr 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be the case,but your simplistic response,does not answer the very complex question as to how nonliving,non intelligent matter,was able to transform itself,of it's own accord, into living ,intelligent matter,thus creating the human and other species.
Evolutionists are unable to explain it,neither can they duplicate the process that took place for this transformation to occur.
Can you explain that process?
Some one from Florida does not have the ability to grasp concepts so they must say "god did it" I suppose you think god makes thunder and that the world is flat
So two chemicals are reacting with each other and some electrons flowing by radiation from the sun and it is alive. That has just as much proof as your god but is more likely

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98495 Apr 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me for being sarcastic,but,your response,or lack of,still does not explain how this event took place...
Fact is that SCIENCE HAS BEEN UNABLE TO RECREATE this process and have admitted their inability to do so.
I am assuming that the reason you can not explain it in any way that I am willing to understand,is due to the fact that you would not be able to support your explanation with factual evidence.
Your explanation would be comprised solely of your opinion,for which you can provide no evidence...
If you can,then,do so
I would like you to tell me about your god but you would not be able to support your explanation with factual evidence.
Your explanation would be comprised solely of your opinion,for which you can provide no evidence...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98496 Apr 4, 2013
Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
The flaw in your story is that there are more than one planet in our solar system think about it.
And the world is not perfect
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

#98497 Apr 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You're analogy is a typical example of the flawed and tedious ignorance creationists generally have of the theory. Haven't you been resting on that long enough?
How was the universe made ? Waiting for answer. Please let us believers in God and unbelievers in God know. will you explain to us IF you can .
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

#98498 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The flaw in your story is that there are more than one planet in our solar system think about it.
And the world is not perfect
Like i said 1 of 2 choices:
!. God made everything.
2. N O T H IN G made everything.
True believing in God as "always being " is hard to grasp.
But N O T H I N G making everything is far more of a pie in the sky fairy tale.
But maybe you can enlighten our minds to the truth.
Answer if you can Which one do you believe of the 2? Neither?-Than how did the universe get here. or are you like all the rest of us mortals,you do not know "HOW" . Like I said God making everything seems more likely. But sin nce you seem to be far more knowledgeable on the subject ,please answer this. I wager you wont or can't .WAITING. God or NOTHING??(Your choice ).PS both take great faith.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#98499 Apr 4, 2013
excuse me wrote:
<quoted text> Again I state: a mere difference does not a contradiction make! Truth is not negotiable. Historical statements of fact are not open to question. When we read, for example, that George Washington and his men spent the winter of 1777 enduring wretched conditions at Valley Forge, we are obligated to believe it. Although none of us observed their long, deadly winter, what we know about it is supported by the written testimony of those who were there and by the scholarship of later inquirers who studied the Revolutionary War. The written accounts may differ on a few minor details, but we know that we can trust the record of the historians.
In a historical sense, the resurrection stands on ground that is just as solid as the story of George Washington's winter at Valley Forge. Reliable witnesses wrote about meeting and talking with Jesus after His death. Skeptical enemies noticed His disappearance from the tomb. Extrabiblical, historical reports were given of His resurrection. Eyewitnesses of Jesus' post-death appearances died defending their belief in it.
In order for an honest historian to be convinced that something actually happened, he needs to see two specific criteria met:(1) The event in question must be supported by the testimony of believable, trustworthy witnesses. And (2) the circumstantial evidence must be authentic. When both of these demands are clearly supported by the evidence at hand, the inquirer is compelled by logic to believe that the event actually took place. We will see that each of these criteria is met by the things we know about the resurrection.
Even so, some still don't believe. To make that refusal, a person must not only reject the eyewitness accounts and the circumstantial evidence, but he must make an even greater leap. The person who thinks that the resurrection is a fraud or a hoax must reject the entire New Testament. There can be no picking and choosing. If the resurrection is a hoax, then so is the New Testament and everything Jesus said or did. Claiming that Christ was a great teacher or a prophet--as even most unbelievers attest--while rejecting His resurrection is an impossible position. Consider what Jesus said during His ministry--before the crucifixion:
The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day (Lk. 9:22).
For as Jonah was three days and three nights in the belly of the great fish, so will the Son of Man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth (Mt. 12:40).
Remarkably, Matthew, Mark, and Luke each recorded a simultaneous event that occurred some distance from Calvary. They wrote that as Jesus died, "the veil of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom" (Mk. 15:38). This miraculous event signaled the end of the Old Testament era of animal sacrifice and limited access to God. But that's not all it meant. It also verified Jesus' death, because it demonstrated that His complete sacrifice had satisfied God's demands. For centuries, God had required the death of an unblemished lamb as an atonement for sin. Now Jesus, the sinless Lamb of God, had become the new sacrifice. The veil was no longer needed, for access to God had been opened to all who would believe in Christ.
I normally don,t respond to unregistered religie posters, it's to easy when they are caught in lies to say it was someone else, in this case, well,
Lmfao,
add a sentence and it's yours?

"Again I state: a mere difference does not a contradiction make!"

The rest is this guys.

Let's Get Logical
By
William Lyon Phelps, Yale

http://www.believersweb.org/view.cfm...

What a religie will do, tell me, did the old testicle or the new testicle teach you that?

“There is no god.”

USA

#98500 Apr 4, 2013
excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
God, being the Author of life, has the absolute right to take life away whenever He wants to. Simply put, He gives life, He takes it away. Life is His to do with what He wants. He can give it, as the Author, and as the Author, He can take it away again.
In the same way, life is God's possession so God may do with life as He pleases. Now it may sound like I'm simply reducing God's morality to His power. He can do what He wants because He is God. That's not what I am saying because I don't think taking innocent life is patently, on the face of it, immoral. It is immoral when it is done by certain people, and not immoral when it is done by others--or Another.
I am merely stating that there are certain things which are clearly God's prerogative. Can God create something and then destroy what He's created? Yes, He can do as He wishes, though His wishes are constrained by His character so He can't wish something that is immoral or inconsistent with His character. And there is nothing patently immoral about the Creator of life taking away life. It's immoral for us because when we take life, usually we are exercising a prerogative reserved for God alone.
Lol, here is another of donny fischer's quotes,

"Holy cow Nathan, another 34 words and you would have met the 1500 word requirement for a bonus prize from Toys-R-Us."

What is it with you religies and children? Keep the holyhatebible out of public schools and away from our kids, it's simple.

“There is no god.”

USA

#98501 Apr 4, 2013
excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
That just goes beyond Scripture and I am not going to speculate!
Why not just say, "Please wait a moment while I steal a quote and act like it's mine." at the very least.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98502 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I would like you to tell me about your god but you would not be able to support your explanation with factual evidence.
My explanation is not based on my opinion;which you may already have read in another thread on this website; Let me explain ; As stated in the Bible,God has always existed and is a Spiritual(supernatural being).That being the case,then God can not be proven to exist by employing natural means,which is what Science attempts to do.Therefore if God's existence can only be proven by Supernatural means,then the only one who can prove his existence is God Himself.How then,does God prove his existence to man?

The bible gives us clear instructions as to how this happens;
Matthew 6;33 But seek FIRSTt his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Luke 11;9 Jesus said,"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.
John 14:13-14
Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask me in my name, I will do it.
1 John 5:14
And this is the confidence that we have toward him, that if we ask anything according to his wil he hears us.
1Corinthians 2;
10For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God. 11For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God. 12Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, so that we may know the things freely given to us by God, 13which things we also speak, not in words taught by human wisdom, but in those taught by the Spirit, combining spiritual thoughts with spiritual words.

14But a natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually appraised.
I have put those teachings to the test and have found them to be true,personal problems"plural" that I have faced for months and years and was unable to solve ,were resolved when I prayed to God for a solution.

Therefore,if I was unable to find an answer to very serious and complicated problems that I've had to confront and these problems were resolved,in ways that I couild never have imagined, when I prayed to Christ and God,then I must conclude that this entity known as GOD responded to my request,,,,,,,,Or,that by some coincidence unbeknownst to me,for which I have no explanation,somehow,some way,this coincidence was able to identify my problems and provide me with solutions
That I ,or anyone other person I knew,could not provide me with a solution,is a FACT
That my problems were resolved only after I prayed to Christ and God is also a fact.
Therefore,the reasons for my faith,

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98503 Apr 4, 2013
Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
Like i said 1 of 2 choices:
!. God made everything.
2. N O T H IN G made everything.
True believing in God as "always being " is hard to grasp.
But N O T H I N G making everything is far more of a pie in the sky fairy tale.
But maybe you can enlighten our minds to the truth.
Answer if you can Which one do you believe of the 2? Neither?-Than how did the universe get here. or are you like all the rest of us mortals,you do not know "HOW" . Like I said God making everything seems more likely. But sin nce you seem to be far more knowledgeable on the subject ,please answer this. I wager you wont or can't .WAITING. God or NOTHING??(Your choice ).PS both take great faith.
I see your dilemma. You are trapped in the conceptual framework that there MUST be a cause and effect. Prior to the existence of time, cause and effect did not apply.(And then there are naked singularities - "things" that would even scare a supermassive black hole... but that's something else.)
Nothing made everything is hard for you to understand, just as there is infinitely less than nothing "outside" of the universe. Can I explain it to you? No, I'm not an astrophysicist and I wouldn't be able to follow the math even if one explained it to me - but I can conceptualize it.
On the other hand, the great spirit used magic is waaay easier. No math at all. That gives you forces, places, intelligence, direction, personage, etc. BEFORE "the beginning" - all the things that are environmentally comfortable and within your ideological / theological grasp without any strain. I suppose if I were you I'd go with option 2. Have a cookie. Brush your teeth before nap nap.
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

#98504 Apr 4, 2013
that guy wrote:
Jesus' last words on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" hardly seem like the words of a man who planned it that way. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure there is something wrong here.
WRONG! Jesus' last words were, "IT IS FINISHED"

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98507 Apr 4, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG! Jesus' last words were, "IT IS FINISHED"
Seems that he was mistaken, doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 12 min Mitch 1,282
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 41 min Nutz 151,117
Travis slushpup 59 min Brenda 6
betty mills 2 hr friend 3
hot girl a the funeral home 5 hr wow 7
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 10 hr Tell it 9
Calvary Christian start date? (Jul '13) 10 hr PARENT 15
•••
•••
•••