Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,061 - 94,080 of 130,225 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<
If your god knew what we would choose to do and didn't want that to happen...why create us? Is he stupid??
Again, you are assuming that people are the purpose of creation
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is nothing more that Extreme Science Fiction

Who are you to complain about God’s methods? God and evolution are not mutually exclusive. Evolution is God’s method
Life evolves, species evolve, we have evolved and are still evolving. Our current form is not likely going to be the same in 100,000 generations. We are not a fixed point in time. We aren’t God’s plan. We are a small part of it.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Yes, I believe it to be highly probable that life exists outside of our solar system.
Agree. If God likes to create, then it is doubtful that He'd necessarily start or stop with our solar system
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
and NO, NO, NO and NO.
Nor do I feel some socio-illogical need to even pretend to be.:-).
Then don’t say that you translated it. Say the translation that you prefer.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The one I reference to was about 543 million years ago until 490 million years ago.
LOL That’s an even more distant epoch than the Jurassic! That’s absolutely ridiculous for you to bring that up to say anything about humans!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

You are simply wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Again, you are assuming that people are the purpose of creation
How so? I'm simply reiterating what you stated and asking a question about what you posited. I'm starting to think that you don't even understand your own position.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

excuse me wrote:
The New Testament was written by men who were either eyewitnesses themselves, or who related from the eyewitnesses their personal accounts of the actual incidents and teachings of Christ.
The council of Nicea was about 300 years later. There were no actual witnesses to interview
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
But I already showed how free will is incompatible with a perfect god.
Also, prove souls exist.
No, you simply parroted the fallacy of Calvin and predestination, which was just a cop out so he could break his vows
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Can't get your head around the 'omniscience = no free will' concept can you? It must be that differential calculus getting in the way. Would you mind sharing the equation(s) that mathematically "prove" free will as you claimed?
You are simply wrong. That is merely an ad hominem. Go back and read about symbolic logic.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
How so? I'm simply reiterating what you stated and asking a question about what you posited. I'm starting to think that you don't even understand your own position.
That is called a strawman argument and is a fallacy because you are attributing to me what someone else said.
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Then don’t say that you translated it. Say the translation that you prefer.
That's what I said,(@your level now)imbecile.

Sorry YOU could NOT comprehend it.

Try a reading comprehension class for lilcommieTics. Maybe you'll feewl bettuh, dolt.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Testament & Messianic Prophecy
There is one test that we can apply to all ‘sacred writings’.... The Test Of Prophecy - the foretelling of future events. Surely a book claiming to be God's Word will contain His statements about His purpose, and predictions for the future. If you compare the ‘divine’ books such as the Bhagavad-Gita and the Koran, you will find that they contain hardly any prophecies, and certainly none that are as specific as those of the Bible and which have been fulfilled to the letter. Biblical prophecies commonly give details of actual events to occur; Actual geographic locations; Actual people (sometimes named before they were born); Actual nations, all of which would be involved in certain world events. It is a simple matter to ascertain whether such prophecies have been fulfilled or not
The Odds Approximately 2500 prophecies appear in the pages of the Bible, about 2000 of which already have been fulfilled to the letter — no errors.(The remaining 500 or so reach into the future and may be seen unfolding as days go by.) Since the probability for any one of these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance averages less than one in ten (figured very conservatively) and since the prophecies are for the most part independent of one another, the odds for all these prophecies having been fulfilled by chance without error is less than one in 102000 (that is 1 with 2000 zeros written after it)!
1) You do not refute my statement, you just indicate that you don't like how I said it.
2) There ARE failed prophecies in the Bible.
3)Who has that list of "2,500 prophecies?" Who and what determines whether they have been fulfilled? Let's look at a couple examples of what constitutes a "prophecy" to a Messianic scholar.
Gen. 3:15-He will bruise Satan's head.....
Deut. 21:23...Cursed is he that hangs on a tree...
Psa. 72:16...The corn of wheat to fall into the Ground...
It appears that Dr. Ross greatly and liberally loaded his statistics. He should mind his 9th commandment.
4)"Prophecies" that were allegorical to begin with and interpretive at the conclusion are not "prophecies."
5)Filling in the blanks to MAKE a prophecy work does NOT work - even if it is done by several teams of esteemed bishops over the course of centuries.
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Then don’t say that you translated it. Say the translation that you prefer.
To "Sorry "BUT" YOU are wrong"

Heyuh-now try reading it again!

I disagree with YOUR interpretation.
My translation of Bible for modern day world living (versus the wickedness of ways as found within the OT) says we are to LOVE and respect, and be kind one to another. NOT hate, maim, torture, taunt, bully, push, shove, connive, manipulate and whatever other negative dredges of negative negatives.
I feel sorry for you, if you think life should be lived so negatively, because it shouldn't.

Notice the emphasis on MY this time-for that speshull impactive effect.

MY translation of--as in MY interprative opinion.

NOT Yours-or anyone elses.

MY opinion.

Is THAT simple enough for YOU'RE WRONGness?

Hope so, can't make it much simpler than that.

Have a nice day.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

excuse me wrote:
The New Testament was written by men who were either eyewitnesses themselves, or who related from the eyewitnesses their personal accounts of the actual incidents and teachings of Christ. It is beyond doubt that the New Testament accounts of Christ were circulated within the lifetimes of those who witnessed his life. It is also a fact that these people (some friendly, others hostile to the gospel) would confirm or deny the accuracy of the accounts. The bitter opponents of Jesus and his disciples would have leapt at the opportunity to discredit the claims concerning his life, death and resurrection, if the writings being circulated were untrue.
Presumptive and unsubstantiated. There were many, many writings and gospels floating around in the first couple of centuries that did not make it into the Book. There are no accounts written in the first person. There are both discrepancies and overlaps between books that indicate that the final product was a result of collaboration and editing. Your Book is more errant than you would ever consider.
Mind your 9th commandment.
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Who are you to complain about God’s methods? God and evolution are not mutually exclusive. Evolution is God’s method
Life evolves, species evolve, we have evolved and are still evolving. Our current form is not likely going to be the same in 100,000 generations. We are not a fixed point in time. We aren’t God’s plan. We are a small part of it.
It would appear that,you either misunderstood what I posted,or did not take the time to read it.

Evolutionists DO NOT attribute the creation of the human or any other species,to GOD.They claim that unliving matter,which has no intelligence,was able to evolve,over a period of Billions of years into a living human being and other forms of life ,capable of reproducing itself after it's own kind.But,they are unable to explain how it is possible that unliving matter is able to accomplish this feat.They can neither explain it or duplicate it,as neither can those on this thread,who deny the existence of GOD.
Unliving matter can not bring itself to life of it's own volition,but,it can be brought to life by a supernatural
( SPIRITUAL BEING) being.
That is precisely what the BIBLE states in Genesis.

I am copying what I wrote previously,in the following post
curious

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

Evolution is nothing more that Extreme Science Fiction
Those who do not believe in God and believe in the scientific theory of evolution would believe that,
Unliving and unintelligent matter can ,over a period of billions of years,evolve into a living intelligent being,able to reproduce after it's own kind.
Let us analyze that procedure and apply it to the human species;
According to evolution,certain elements came together,devoid of intelligence or life and were somehow,able to assemble themselves ,over a period of billions of years,into a living being,previously non existent.
Without any guidance or blueprint to follow,this process called evolution,was able to create an amazingly sophisticated and complex machine,hereto fore unknown.
Question,How did that happen?How did this process know what was needed in order to create a living human,that this human would need a heart,a brain,a liver etc. and create within itself HALF of the necessary elements needed in order to continue the survival of the human species.We call this,MAN.

Now,apart and Independent of this MAN,we would have to have,these same identical elements,over a period of billions of years,create an almost identical being called woman,which would have most of the same characteristics of man,a heart,a brain,liver etc,and create within itself the other HALF of necessary elements needed to create additional human beings of both sexes,But,how did this unintelligent process know to create separate beings of different sexes and provide them with the necessary parts so there would be a continuation of the species.
Science CAN NOT explain that process,has no idea how it occurred,but yet,insists that their theory is accurate. That is not Science,that is Science Fiction of the highest degree.
Thereby my belief that a far superior intelligence than we possess, created us,that superior intelligence is what I refer to as GOD.
Meanwhile,those who do not believe in this superior intelligence,attempt to disprove God's Existence,
the foundation of their argument,that unintelligent and unliving matter,was somehow,able to transform itself into living intelligent matter,in the form of a human being,a process they can neither explain,provide any evidence that this event happened,nor have any idea as to how it occurred,
Therefore,they are willimg to believe that we were not created by a Supernatural being with a far superior intellect than humans possess,but were instead created by an unintelligent,unliving source that evolved over billions of years..
excuse me

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>The council of Nicea was about 300 years later. There were no actual witnesses to interview
Some skeptics may think that a 15- to 40-year gap between the life of Christ and the writings about him is too wide for the testimony to be reliable. But they are mistaken.

Think about events that occurred 15 to 40 years ago. When historians write about those events, we don’t say,“Oh, that’s impossible! No one can remember events from that long ago! Such skepticism is clearly unwarranted. Historians today write accurately about events in the 1970s, 80s, and 90s by consulting their own memories, those of other eyewitnesses, and any written sources from the time.

This process is the same one the New Testament writers used to record their documents. Like a good reporter, Luke interviewed eyewitnesses.{9} And as we’ll see in the next chapter, some New Testament writers were eyewitnesses themselves. They could remember 15- to 40-year-old events quite easily, just as you can. Why can you remember certain events vividly from 15 to 40 years ago and (if you’re old enough) even further back? You may be able to remember certain events because they made a great emotional impact on you.(In fact, those of us who are “over the hill” can remember some events from 30 years ago better than those from 30 minutes ago!)

Where were you and what were you doing when President Kennedy was assassinated? When the Challenger exploded? When the second plane hit the tower? Why can you remember those events so well? Because they made a deep emotional impact on you. Since an event like the Resurrection certainly would have made a deep emotional impact on the New Testament writers and the other eyewitnesses they may have consulted, it’s easy to see why the history of Jesus could be easily recalled many years later, especially in a culture with an established reliance on oral testimony

Furthermore, if the major works of the New Testament are eyewitness accounts written within two generations of the events, then they are not likely to be legend. Why? Because historical research indicates that a myth cannot begin to crowd out historical facts while the eyewitnesses are still alive. For this reason, Roman historian A. N. Sherwin-White calls the mythological view of the New Testament “unbelievable”.{10} William Lane Craig writes,“The tests show that even two generations is too short to allow legendary tendencies to wipe out the hard core of historical fact.”{11} Inside of those two generation, eyewitnesses are still around to correct the errors of historical revisionists.

We are seeing this tendency right now with regard to the Holocaust. In early twenty-first century, we’ve begun to see some people claim that the Holocaust never happened. Why are the revisionists trying this now? Because most of the eyewitnesses have now died. Fortunately, since we have written eyewitness testimony from the Holocaust, the revisionists are not successful in passing off their lies as the truth. The same holds true for the New Testament. If the New Testament was written within 60 years of the events it records, it is highly unlikely those events could be legendary. And as we have seen, all of the New Testament documents were written within 60 years of the events, and many much earlier.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down the beer for awhile and maybe you could see straight enough to actually comprehend something!
Truth is, I've never liked beer, wine or liquor. I'm one of the 37%.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13578...

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
To "Sorry "BUT" YOU are wrong"
Heyuh-now try reading it again!
I disagree with YOUR interpretation.
My translation of Bible for modern day world living (versus the wickedness of ways as found within the OT) says we are to LOVE and respect, and be kind one to another. NOT hate, maim, torture, taunt, bully, push, shove, connive, manipulate and whatever other negative dredges of negative negatives.
I feel sorry for you, if you think life should be lived so negatively, because it shouldn't.
Notice the emphasis on MY this time-for that speshull impactive effect.
MY translation of--as in MY interprative opinion.
NOT Yours-or anyone elses.
MY opinion.
Is THAT simple enough for YOU'RE WRONGness?
Hope so, can't make it much simpler than that.
Have a nice day.
So you do not use the old testament to condemn gay people?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that,you either misunderstood what I posted,or did not take the time to read it.
Evolutionists DO NOT attribute the creation of the human or any other species,to GOD.They claim that unliving matter,which has no intelligence,was able to evolve,over a period of Billions of years into a living human being and other forms of life ,capable of reproducing itself after it's own kind.But,they are unable to explain how it is possible that unliving matter is able to accomplish this feat.They can neither explain it or duplicate it,as neither can those on this thread,who deny the existence of GOD.
Unliving matter can not bring itself to life of it's own volition,but,it can be brought to life by a supernatural
( SPIRITUAL BEING) being.
That is precisely what the BIBLE states in Genesis.
I am copying what I wrote previously,in the following post
Life is chemical reaction and electron flow. Nothing more than that

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min Limbertwig 149,876
Charmaine Partin 51 min LOL 7
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 57 min very 26,227
gordon hanner (Apr '09) 1 hr tomnstudswoman 8
Exposing the UNITE ponzi pyramid scheme! 1 hr California Condor 3
Churches 2 hr IronHammer 2
Looking for a place to rent ASAP 6 hr Momolovesmatthew 1
Sheriff deputies 7 hr cant wait 16
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 10 hr Brain dead 8

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••