Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
94,001 - 94,020 of 128,758 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the
Lord have deceived that prophet.
- Ezekiel 24:9

----------

There is none other God but one.
- I Corinthians 8:4

And God said, Let us make man in our image.
- Genesis 1:26

----------

When ye go, ye shall not go empty; but every woman shall borrow
of her neighbor, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels
of silver and jewels of gold, and raiment; and ye shall put them
on your sons and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the
Egyptians.
- Exodus 3:21,22

Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbor, nether rob him.
- Leviticus 19:13

----------

At the hand of every man's brother will I require the life of
man. Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed.
- Genesis 4:5,6

And the Lord set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should
kill him.
- Genesis 4:15

----------

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not,
neither do they spin... if God so clothe the grass of the
field... shall he not much more clothe you? Therefore, take no
thought, saying what shall we eat? or what shall we drink? or
wherewithal shall we be clothed?... Take, therefore, no thought
for the morrow.
- Matthew 6:28, 30-34

But if any provideth not for his own, especially for those of his
own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an
infidel.
- I Timothy 5:8

----------

Be ye angry and sin not.
- Ephesians 4:26

Be not hasty in they spirit to be angry; for anger resideth in
the bosom of fools.
- Ecclesiastes 7:9

----------

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good
works.
- Matthew 5:16

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of
them.
- Matthew 6:1

----------

And Solomon stood before the alter of the Lord, in the presence
of all the congregation of Israel, and spread forth his hands
toward heaven...
- I Kings 7:22

When thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are; for
they love to pray standing in the synagogues, and in the corners
of the streets, that they may be seen of men...
- Matthew 6:5

----------

And no razor shall come on his head; for the child shall be a
Nazarite unto God from the womb.
- Judges 8:5

Doth not even nature itself teach you, that if a man hath long
hair, it is a shame unto him?
- I Corinthians 6:14

----------

Remember the Sabbath day to keep it holy.
- Exodus 20:8

One man esteemeth one day above another; another esteemeth every
day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.
- Romans 14:5

----------

For in the six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and
all that in them is, and rested the seventh day; wherefore the
Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.
- Exodus 20:11

And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

There is nothing unclean of itself.
- Romans 14:14

Nevertheless, these shall ye not eat, of them that chew the cud or of them that divide the cloven hoof; as the camel and the hare, and the coney; for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof, therefore they are unclean unto you. And the swine, because it divideth the hoof, yet cheweth not the cud, it is unclean unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, nor touch their dead carcass.
- Deuteronomy 14:7,8

----------

Cursed is he that lieth with his sister, the daughter of his father, or the daughter of his mother.
- Deuteronomy 27:22

And Abraham said... She is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.
- Genesis 20:11,12

----------

If brethren dwell together, and one of them die and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger; her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife.
- Deuteronomy 25:5

If a man shall take his brother's wife, it is an unclean thing... they shall be childless.
- Leviticus 20:21

----------

He that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness.
- Mark 3:29

And by him that believe are justified from all things.
- Acts 13:39

----------

[John the Baptist] is Elias which was for to come.
- Matthew 11:14

And they asked him, what then? Art thou [John the Baptist] Elias? And he saith, I am not.
- John 1:21

----------

Now, after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee,
preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God.
- Mark 1:14

After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judea... and John was also baptizing Enon... for John was not yet cast into prison.
- John 3:22-24

----------

And it was in the third hour, and they crucified him.
- Mark 25:3-4

And it was the preparation of the passover, and about the sixth hour; and he saith unto the Jews, behold your king... Shall I crucify your king?
- John 19:14-15

----------

They gave him vinegar to drink, mingled with gall.
- Matthew 27:34

And they gave him to drink, wine mingled with myrrh.
- Mark 15:23
[Jesus was the thirsty chap in both verses.]

----------

And the men which journeyed with [Paul] stood speechless, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.
- Acts 9:7

And they that were with me [Paul] saw indeed the light and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.
- Acts 22:9

----------

Abraham had two sons; one by a bonds-maid, the other by a free woman.
- Galatians 4:22

By faith, Abraham when he was tried offered up Isaac... his only begotten son.
- Hebrews 11:17

Therefore Michal, the daughter of Saul, had no child unto the day of her death.
- II Samuel 6:23

The five sons of Michal, the daughter of Saul.
- II Samuel 21:8

And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel.
- II Samuel 24:1

And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
- I Chronicles 21:1

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Is that enough contridictions in the bible or shall I keep copying and pasting?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Re-read wrote:
<quoted text>
God never commanded rape-Name one instance in which he did ? Give the Bible verse. People raped,God did not tell them to do such wickedness!
Where did God say make them slaves ?-he punished Pharaoh for making the children of Israel slaves for 400 years. Yes there have always been wars-God will not allow some wicked people to kill and torment another race of people ,so HE helps them win the battle.
Would you want some terrorist group to overpower and kill everyone in America?--You,your family and loved ones ? No,if you have a heart you would stop it anyway possible.
god never wants war,but He will help us to overcome the evil ones who would harm us.
Rape of Female Captives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NAB)

"When you go out to war against your enemies and the LORD, your God, delivers them into your hand, so that you take captives, if you see a comely woman among the captives and become so enamored of her that you wish to have her as wife, you may take her home to your house. But before she may live there, she must shave her head and pare her nails and lay aside her captive's garb. After she has mourned her father and mother for a full month, you may have relations with her, and you shall be her husband and she shall be your wife. However, if later on you lose your liking for her, you shall give her her freedom, if she wishes it; but you shall not sell her or enslave her, since she was married to you under compulsion."

Once again God approves of forcible rape.

However, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.(Leviticus 25:44-46 NLT)
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property.(Exodus 21:20-21 NAB)
God Assists Rape and Plunder (Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)

Lo, a day shall come for the Lord when the spoils shall be divided in your midst. And I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle: the city shall be taken, houses plundered, women ravished; half of the city shall go into exile, but the rest of the people shall not be removed from the city.(Zechariah 14:1-2 NAB)
DO YOU WANT MORE? i CAN COPY AND PASTE ALL DAY LONG

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
One thing you have to love about atheists is their extreme appreciation for the King James Version (KJV) translation. The KJV was translated in the early 17th century using an archaic form of modern English. In the last 400 years, English has changed significantly. Unfortunately, the vast majority those who read the KJV (both believers and unbelievers) are unqualified to know what the text means in many instances because of word meaning changes. In attempting to demonstrate the contradiction of God's commands to Israel and the sixth commandment, atheist cite the KJV translation, "Thou shalt not kill."
To answer the question whether God breaks His own commandments, we need to determine if God committed murder (i.e., killed people without cause). The Bible is quite clear that God has killed people directly (the most prominent example being the flood) and indirectly (ordered peoples to be killed). If God ordered or participated in the killing of innocent people, then He would be guilty of murder. Let's look at two of the most prominent examples.
when God ordered Joshua and his people to kill every man, woman and child in Canaan?[13] What crime could be so great that entire populations of cities were designated for destruction? God told Moses that the nations that the Hebrew were replacing were wicked.[14] How "wicked" were these people? The text tells us that they were burning their own sons and daughters in sacrifices to their gods.[15] So we see that these people were not really innocent. For these reasons (and others 16), God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed.
Do you need further explanation on this subject?
Bullsh it, nice try

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I know, I bit when I should have just kept swimming. Precisely why I deferred to SP. I think he likes that game.
Hell, it wouldn't make it any more valid to me if the thing didn't have contradictions.
Almost as much as I like catching them in lies (most of the time) and making them stammer

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
Sedond example:According to the Bible, God killed every human except Noah, his wife, his sons, and their wives in the flood. Were any of these people killed unjustly? The Bible says specifically that all people (except Noah and his family) had become corrupted.[11] Not only had all people become corrupted, but they were continually plotting evil![12] Is it possible that an entire culture can become corrupted? You bet! Recent history proves the point rather well. When the Nazis took over Germany before WWII, opposition was crushed and removed. When they began their purging of the undesirables (e.g., the Jews), virtually the entire society went along with the plan. So, the Bible indicates that no innocent people were killed in the flood.
Now you are backpeddling. I was not talking about the IMPOSSIBLE flood. But you think that your god has the right to kill people, and that comes from some man that claims god talks to him? Empty the insane asylums! Your god is evil and the people that worship evil are evil. ACTIONS say evil so your words mean nothing

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

James 4:8
King James Version (KJV)
8 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.

John 4:24
King James Version (KJV)
24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Luke 9:26
King James Version (KJV)
26 For whosoever shall be ashamed of me and of my words, of him shall the Son of man be ashamed, when he shall come in his own glory, and in his Father's, and of the holy angels.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

You are simply wrong wrote:
<quoted text>You have translated the Bible? You are literate in Ancient Hebrew, Aramaic , Ancient Greek and Classical Latin?
WRONG terminology translation on your part, but thank you for eing a classic example of WHY a broader ranged reading comprehension is far more desirable when discussing some subject.
Try applying the third referenced descriptive, THEN reread the paragraph again.
translate
&#8194; Use Translate in a sentence
trans·late
[trans-leyt, tranz-, trans-leyt, tranz-] Show IPA verb, trans·lat·ed, trans·lat·ing.
verb (used with object)
to turn from one language into another or from a foreign language into one's own: to translate Spanish.
to change the form, condition, nature, etc., of; transform; convert: to translate wishes into deeds.
to explain in terms that can be more easily understood; interpret.
to bear, carry, or move from one place, position, etc., to another; transfer.
Mechanics . to cause (a body) to move without rotation or angular displacement; subject to translation.
excuse me

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Is that enough contridictions in the bible or shall I keep copying and pasting?
Most critics of the Bible assume that because something is unexplained it is unexplainable. When a scientist comes across an anomaly in nature he doesn’t give up on science. How many NASA scientists resigned when they found rings around Jupiter which was contrary to all scientific explanations?

When the Bible has been proven to be accurate over and over again in hundreds of details the burden of proof is on the critics, not on the Bible.

Most skeptics do not bring to the Bible the powers of comprehension and interpretation, that they would bring to a reading of the average newspaper. Perhaps this uneven treatment should not be surprising. After all, the skeptic has much to lose if the Bible is right

I have taken several of your so called contridictions and proven them NOT TO BE A CONTRIDICTION AT ALL.....Now as I stated above THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS IN YOU SIR... All I see you doing is posting verses, then merely stating it is a contridiction...PROVE IT~
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text> You are literate in Ancient Hebrew, Aramaic , Ancient Greek and Classical Latin?
and NO, NO, NO and NO.

Nor do I feel some socio-illogical need to even pretend to be.:-).
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>You are the one ignoring science and logic and therefore ignoring intellect. The fossil record you alluded to predates human history by about 65 million years. You can not use it to say anything about humans.
Wrong. The one I reference to was about 543 million years ago until 490 million years ago.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

A religie posted,

"when God ordered Joshua and his people to kill every man, woman and child in Canaan?[13] What crime could be so great that entire populations of cities were designated for destruction? God told Moses that the nations that the Hebrew were replacing were wicked.[14] How "wicked" were these people? The text tells us that they were burning their own sons and daughters in sacrifices to their gods.[15] So we see that these people were not really innocent. For these reasons (and others 16), God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed.
Do you need further explanation on this subject?"

I just picture Lt. columbo saying,

"Ok, theres's just one more thing. Did the sacrifice of every man, women and child in canaan satisfy your god?"

And I really never liked columbo, weird.
excuse me

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
Most critics of the Bible assume that because something is unexplained it is unexplainable. When a scientist comes across an anomaly in nature he doesn’t give up on science. How many NASA scientists resigned when they found rings around Jupiter which was contrary to all scientific explanations?
When the Bible has been proven to be accurate over and over again in hundreds of details the burden of proof is on the critics, not on the Bible.
Most skeptics do not bring to the Bible the powers of comprehension and interpretation, that they would bring to a reading of the average newspaper. Perhaps this uneven treatment should not be surprising. After all, the skeptic has much to lose if the Bible is right
I have taken several of your so called contridictions and proven them NOT TO BE A CONTRIDICTION AT ALL.....Now as I stated above THE BURDEN OF PROOF IS IN YOU SIR... All I see you doing is posting verses, then merely stating it is a contridiction...PROVE IT~
contradiction**

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

contradiction.........question ........

Who first came to the tomb on Sunday morning?
excuse me

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
A religie posted,
"when God ordered Joshua and his people to kill every man, woman and child in Canaan?[13] What crime could be so great that entire populations of cities were designated for destruction? God told Moses that the nations that the Hebrew were replacing were wicked.[14] How "wicked" were these people? The text tells us that they were burning their own sons and daughters in sacrifices to their gods.[15] So we see that these people were not really innocent. For these reasons (and others 16), God ordered the destruction of the peoples whom the Israelites dispossessed.
Do you need further explanation on this subject?"
I just picture Lt. columbo saying,
"Ok, theres's just one more thing. Did the sacrifice of every man, women and child in canaan satisfy your god?"
And I really never liked columbo, weird.
That just goes beyond Scripture and I am not going to speculate!
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

excuse me wrote:
<quoted text>
That just goes beyond Scripture and I am not going to speculate!
ARE YOU A GENUINE CHRISTIAN?
It is vital for each person who claims to be a Christian to answer this question positively. Why? Because God’s approval depends thereon. Christianity is not merely a belief or a label, but a way of life. Does your way of life reflect Christ’s example? Does your religious practice match the Biblical quality of the early Christians?
The apostle Paul invites us:“Put yourselves to the proof, to see whether you are holding the Faith. Test yourselves.”(2 Corinthians 13:5, The Twentieth Century New Testament) To this end, we invite you to check the following short list, while looking up the cited scriptures in your own Bible.
1. Do you participate in national or political loyalties that cause divisions among professed Christians?—1 Corinthians 1:10; John 18:36; James 1:27.
2. How do you define Christian love?—1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
3. Do you, in practice, endeavor to show true neighbor love? How?—Matthew 22:39; John 13:34, 35.
4. Are you kind, tenderly compassionate and forgiving toward others?—Ephesians 4:31; Romans 12:10.
5. In your daily life, do you avoid lying, stealing, cheating and the use of obscene and abusive language?—Ephesians 5:3-5; 4:25-31.
6. Are you inclined to think that sexual morality is of minor importance?—Mark 7:20-23.
7. Do you tend to excesses in eating and drinking?—Proverbs 23:20, 21; Ephesians 5:18.
8. Do you try to communicate true Christian faith to others by word and deed?—Romans 10:9, 10; 1 Corinthians 9:16.
At what conclusion do you arrive? Do true Christians really exist today? Do you know of any who earnestly try to live like Christ and at the same time make a real effort to communicate their Christian belief and way of life to their neighbors? Does your own religion in fact teach and practice genuine Christianity? Or is this just an attractive label or impressive signature?
If you do not already know them personally, we suggest you take a closer look at Jehovah’s Witnesses in your vicinity and see if they are conscientiously endeavoring to measure up to the Bible standards considered above. If you do not know where they are located, we will be glad to help you to get in touch with them.—Isaiah 43:10-12; Acts 11:26.
www.jw.org
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Jeremiah 25:32,33
Dead bodies from one end of the earth to the other end

“This is what Jehovah of armies has said,‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth. 33 And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’
34 “Howl, YOU shepherds (false religious leaders), and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel! 35 And a place to flee to has perished from the shepherds, and a means of escape from the majestic ones of the flock. 36 Listen! The outcry of the shepherds, and the howling of the majestic ones of the flock, for Jehovah is despoiling their pasturage. 37 And the peaceful abiding places have been rendered lifeless because of the burning anger of Jehovah. 38 He has left his covert just like a maned young lion, for their land has become an object of astonishment because of the maltreating sword and because of his burning anger.”
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

ARE YOU A GENUINE CHRISTIAN?
It is vital for each person who claims to be a Christian to answer this question positively. Why? Because God’s approval depends thereon. Christianity is not merely a belief or a label, but a way of life. Does your way of life reflect Christ’s example? Does your religious practice match the Biblical quality of the early Christians?
The apostle Paul invites us:“Put yourselves to the proof, to see whether you are holding the Faith. Test yourselves.”(2 Corinthians 13:5, The Twentieth Century New Testament) To this end, we invite you to check the following short list, while looking up the cited scriptures in your own Bible.
1. Do you participate in national or political loyalties that cause divisions among professed Christians?—1 Corinthians 1:10; John 18:36; James 1:27.
2. How do you define Christian love?—1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
3. Do you, in practice, endeavor to show true neighbor love? How?—Matthew 22:39; John 13:34, 35.
4. Are you kind, tenderly compassionate and forgiving toward others?—Ephesians 4:31; Romans 12:10.
5. In your daily life, do you avoid lying, stealing, cheating and the use of obscene and abusive language?—Ephesians 5:3-5; 4:25-31.
6. Are you inclined to think that sexual morality is of minor importance?—Mark 7:20-23.
7. Do you tend to excesses in eating and drinking?—Proverbs 23:20, 21; Ephesians 5:18.
8. Do you try to communicate true Christian faith to others by word and deed?—Romans 10:9, 10; 1 Corinthians 9:16.
At what conclusion do you arrive? Do true Christians really exist today? Do you know of any who earnestly try to live like Christ and at the same time make a real effort to communicate their Christian belief and way of life to their neighbors? Does your own religion in fact teach and practice genuine Christianity? Or is this just an attractive label or impressive signature?
If you do not already know them personally, we suggest you take a closer look at Jehovah’s Witnesses in your vicinity and see if they are conscientiously endeavoring to measure up to the Bible standards considered above. If you do not know where they are located, we will be glad to help you to get in touch with them.—Isaiah 43:10-12; Acts 11:26.
www.jw.org
that guy

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Properly read, the Bible is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 1 hr voter 9
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr gdave950 26,194
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr unknown 1,020
legalize marijuana 2 hr ole hippy 6
state police pulling people over on 25e. 2 hr mike 3
Help me out! 3 hr MafiaCustomz 3
whats wrong with Shannon Fergerson? 3 hr na na 3
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Jack 146,425
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 11 hr contempt 417
Stivers Center fixes 13 hr smokejumper 54
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating