Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,917

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#98477 Apr 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that,you either misunderstood what I posted,or did not take the time to read it.
Evolutionists DO NOT attribute the creation of the human or any other species,to GOD.They claim that unliving matter,which has no intelligence,was able to evolve,over a period of Billions of years into a living human being and other forms of life ,capable of reproducing itself after it's own kind.But,they are unable to explain how it is possible that unliving matter is able to accomplish this feat.They can neither explain it or duplicate it,as neither can those on this thread,who deny the existence of GOD.
Unliving matter can not bring itself to life of it's own volition,but,it can be brought to life by a supernatural
( SPIRITUAL BEING) being.
That is precisely what the BIBLE states in Genesis.
I am copying what I wrote previously,in the following post
Genesis 1:1 "In the beginning, God created the laws of physics."
Revelation 1:1 "Amen"

TA - DA! God exists, Evolution is real, and you can print a hundred Bibles on one page. Win-win.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98478 Apr 4, 2013
You are simply wrong wrote:
<quoted text>That is called a strawman argument and is a fallacy because you are attributing to me what someone else said.
My apologies, I confused your post with something "I am Blessed" posted.
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98479 Apr 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in any way you are willing to understand.
Pardon me for being sarcastic,but,your response,or lack of,still does not explain how this event took place...
Fact is that SCIENCE HAS BEEN UNABLE TO RECREATE this process and have admitted their inability to do so.
I am assuming that the reason you can not explain it in any way that I am willing to understand,is due to the fact that you would not be able to support your explanation with factual evidence.
Your explanation would be comprised solely of your opinion,for which you can provide no evidence...
If you can,then,do so

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98480 Apr 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Pardon me for being sarcastic,but,your response,or lack of,still does not explain how this event took place...
Fact is that SCIENCE HAS BEEN UNABLE TO RECREATE this process and have admitted their inability to do so.
I am assuming that the reason you can not explain it in any way that I am willing to understand,is due to the fact that you would not be able to support your explanation with factual evidence.
Your explanation would be comprised solely of your opinion,for which you can provide no evidence...
If you can,then,do so
This is hilarious. You reject all of the evidence because it's not complete and replace it with something that has no evidence.
How is that a logical decision?
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98481 Apr 4, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what I said,(@your level now)imbecile.
Sorry YOU could NOT comprehend it.
Try a reading comprehension class for lilcommieTics. Maybe you'll feewl bettuh, dolt.
Now you show yourself to be either a retard or a liar or both since I quote you,
“Just because I translate it in a different way (FAR from "literal") does NOT mean I have not read it.”
You said that you translate it and then later you admit that you do not possess the skill to translate it.

You are a proven liar and your insults are meaningless
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98482 Apr 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
It would appear that,you either misunderstood what I posted,or did not take the time to read it.
Evolutionists DO NOT attribute the creation of the human or any other species,to GOD.They claim that unliving matter,which has no intelligence,was able to evolve,over a period of Billions of years into a living human being and other forms of life ,capable of reproducing itself after it's own kind.But,they are unable to explain how it is possible that unliving matter is able to accomplish this feat.They can neither explain it or duplicate it,as neither can those on this thread,who deny the existence of GOD.
Unliving matter can not bring itself to life of it's own volition,but,it can be brought to life by a supernatural
( SPIRITUAL BEING) being.
That is precisely what the BIBLE states in Genesis.
I am copying what I wrote previously,in the following post
You have fallen into the trap of the part not representing the whole."

Some people who believe in evolution is not the same as all people who do
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98483 Apr 4, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
To "Sorry "BUT" YOU are wrong"
Heyuh-now try reading it again!
I disagree with YOUR interpretation.
My translation of Bible for modern day world living (versus the wickedness of ways as found within the OT) says we are to LOVE and respect, and be kind one to another. NOT hate, maim, torture, taunt, bully, push, shove, connive, manipulate and whatever other negative dredges of negative negatives.
I feel sorry for you, if you think life should be lived so negatively, because it shouldn't.
Notice the emphasis on MY this time-for that speshull impactive effect.
MY translation of--as in MY interprative opinion.
NOT Yours-or anyone elses.
MY opinion.
Is THAT simple enough for YOU'RE WRONGness?
Hope so, can't make it much simpler than that.
Have a nice day.
Now you are just being a crybaby. Instead of just saying,“Whatever, I wrote translate but meant interpret,” you dig in your heels and insist that someone else’s work,(the translation that you like) is your work. That’s plagiarism
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98484 Apr 4, 2013
curious wrote:
Evolution is nothing more that Extreme Science Fiction
Those who do not believe in God and believe in the scientific theory of evolution would believe that,
Unliving and unintelligent matter can ,over a period of billions of years,evolve into a living intelligent being,able to reproduce after it's own kind.
Let us analyze that procedure and apply it to the human species;
According to evolution,certain elements came together,devoid of intelligence or life and were somehow,able to assemble themselves ,over a period of billions of years,into a living being,previously non existent.
Without any guidance or blueprint to follow,this process called evolution,was able to create an amazingly sophisticated and complex machine,hereto fore unknown.
Question,How did that happen?How did this process know what was needed in order to create a living human,that this human would need a heart,a brain,a liver etc. and create within itself HALF of the necessary elements needed in order to continue the survival of the human species.We call this,MAN.
Now,apart and Independent of this MAN,we would have to have,these same identical elements,over a period of billions of years,create an almost identical being called woman,which would have most of the same characteristics of man,a heart,a brain,liver etc,and create within itself the other HALF of necessary elements needed to create additional human beings of both sexes,But,how did this unintelligent process know to create separate beings of different sexes and provide them with the necessary parts so there would be a continuation of the species.
Science CAN NOT explain that process,has no idea how it occurred,but yet,insists that their theory is accurate. That is not Science,that is Science Fiction of the highest degree.
Thereby my belief that a far superior intelligence than we possess, created us,that superior intelligence is what I refer to as GOD.
Meanwhile,those who do not believe in this superior intelligence,attempt to disprove God's Existence,
the foundation of their argument,that unintelligent and unliving matter,was somehow,able to transform itself into living intelligent matter,in the form of a human being,a process they can neither explain,provide any evidence that this event happened,nor have any idea as to how it occurred,
Therefore,they are willimg to believe that we were not created by a Supernatural being with a far superior intellect than humans possess,but were instead created by an unintelligent,unliving source that evolved over billions of years..
Go to school instead of your preacher to learn about science. That is so ridiculously wrong it's not worth the time
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98485 Apr 4, 2013
that guy wrote:
Jesus' last words on the cross, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" hardly seem like the words of a man who planned it that way. It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to figure there is something wrong here.
Or just somebody finally succumbing to the torture and pain, that's human
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98486 Apr 4, 2013
Dude! Fix that!
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

#98487 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Is that enough contridictions in the bible or shall I keep copying and pasting?
Add this :
Bible VersionsJohnJohn 10John 10:10Compare Translations
Compare Translations for John 10:10
Compare Translations
John 10:10 NIV
New International Version
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
Read John 10 NIV | Read John 10:10 NIV in parallel
John 10:10 ASV
American Standard Version
The thief cometh not, but that he may steal, and kill, and destroy: I came that they may have life, and may have [it] abundantly.
Read John 10 ASV | Read John 10:10 ASV in parallel
John 10:10 BBE
Bible in Basic English
The thief comes only to take the sheep and to put them to death: he comes for their destruction: I have come so that they may have life and have it in greater measure.
Read John 10 BBE | Read John 10:10 BBE in parallel
John 10:10 CEB
Common English Bible
The thief enters only to steal, kill, and destroy. I came so that they could have life—indeed, so that they could live life to the fullest.
Read John 10 CEB | Read John 10:10 CEB in parallel
John 10:10 CJB
Complete Jewish Bible
The thief comes only in order to steal, kill and destroy; I have come so that they may have life, life in its fullest measure.
Read John 10 CJB | Read John 10:10 CJB in parallel
John 10:10 RHE
Douay-Rheims
The thief cometh not, but for to steal and to kill and to destroy. I am come that they may have life and may have it more abundantly.
Read John 10 RHE | Read John 10:10 RHE in parallel
John 10:10 ESV
English Standard Version
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.
Read John 10 ESV | Read John 10:10 ESV in parallel
John 10:10 GW
GOD'S WORD Translation
A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came so that my sheep will have life and so that they will have everything they need.
Read John 10 GW | Read John 10:10 GW in parallel
John 10:10 GNT
Good News Translation
The thief comes only in order to steal, kill, and destroy. I have come in order that you might have life - life in all its fullness.
Read John 10 GNT | Read John 10:10 GNT in parallel
John 10:10 HNV
Hebrew Names Version
The thief only comes to steal, kill, and destroy. I came that they may have life, and may have it abundantly.
Read John 10 HNV | Read John 10:10 HNV in parallel
John 10:10 CSB
Holman Christian Standard
A thief comes only to steal and to kill and to destroy. I have come that they may have life and have it in abundance.
Read John 10 CSB | Read John 10:10 CSB in parallel
John 10:10 KJV
King James Version
The thief cometh not, but for to steal , and to kill , and to destroy : I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98488 Apr 4, 2013
Oops....Sorry Brother Old, forgot to change the handle while you were cooking the eggs. The hazard of not having my own computer and you letting me use yours
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98489 Apr 4, 2013
Leave me out of this and eat your friggin eggs
curious

Ocoee, FL

#98490 Apr 4, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
This is hilarious. You reject all of the evidence because it's not complete and replace it with something that has no evidence.
How is that a logical decision?
Your response is confirmed as illogical,by the very response you posted.
If ,as you say,"I reject ALL the evidence,because it is not COMPLETE",then I am not rejecting ALL the evidence,because all the evidence has not been presented,nor has Science been able to uncover that evidence

I am merely rejecting the partial evidence,what ever that evidence might be, which,whatever that evidence is, fails to explain how nonliving and nonintelligent matter is able to transform itself into intelligent ,living matter.
You have posted no evidence that this process is possible,nor can one infer the possibility of this process being a possible explanation for the creation of any living species,human or otherwise...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98491 Apr 4, 2013
I make no pretense of being a paleontologist, a geneticist or a microbiologist. I can and have read the Bible, and yet I make no pretense of authority based on that, either.
You contend that in the past 3.6 billion years and 200 million square miles of Earth there have not been the proper conditions or enough time for nature to have created self-replicating chemicals and that those chemicals could not have become more complex. Instead, you place all of your considerations and conclusions of the origins of life as we understand it in the pages of scrolls written a few thousand years ago - then, based on that faith, you accuse others that as lacking facts...
So I say again,
Not in any way you are WILLING to understand.
Big bang therory

Morehead, KY

#98492 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Life is chemical reaction and electron flow. Nothing more than that
right use this it might help prove your point :

A large semi filled with home building supplies flips over ,throwing the home building supplies into the air ,which miraculously forms a perfect 24 room mansion. Every thing is completely perfect in every detail ,better than if built by the very finest contractors . Even the wiring of electricity and plumping is working.
Sounds to stupid to be true ? But this(below ) does not?

HEADLINE " Earth is formed by the collision of millions of fragments of meteorites and stars, the earth is so well formed that if it were any closer to the sun we would all burn up ,any farther away we would all freeze to death.
You unbelievers need to give us believers more to go on than "nothing created everything " first prove that absolutely nothing ever created any ,I mean A N Y source of life or object.(No do not say that chemicals reacted forming life (B E C A U S E who made those chemicals.
OK ,as I see it ,we have 2 choices on belief:
!. Absolutely nothing created the universe .
2. Our heavenly father who has always been ,created everything.
Right both take faith ,but believing in God requires less faith.
Have a blessed day,I love you and so does God.

You might give this post a rest,for you worry not God,but it seems to be a great obsession for you,give your self a break ,and rest awhile my friend.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#98493 Apr 4, 2013
Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
A large semi filled with home building supplies flips over ,throwing the home building supplies into the air ,which miraculously forms a perfect 24 room mansion. Every thing is completely perfect in every detail ,better than if built by the very finest contractors . Even the wiring of electricity and plumping is working.
HEADLINE " Earth is formed by the collision of millions of fragments of meteorites and stars, the earth is so well formed that if it were any closer to the sun we would all burn up ,any farther away we would all freeze to death.
You unbelievers need to give us believers more to go on than "nothing created everything " first prove that absolutely nothing ever created any ,I mean A N Y source of life or object.(No do not say that chemicals reacted forming life (B E C A U S E who made those chemicals.
You might give this post a rest,for you worry not God,but it seems to be a great obsession for you,give your self a break ,and rest awhile my friend.
You're analogy is a typical example of the flawed and tedious ignorance creationists generally have of the theory. Haven't you been resting on that long enough?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98494 Apr 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be the case,but your simplistic response,does not answer the very complex question as to how nonliving,non intelligent matter,was able to transform itself,of it's own accord, into living ,intelligent matter,thus creating the human and other species.
Evolutionists are unable to explain it,neither can they duplicate the process that took place for this transformation to occur.
Can you explain that process?
Some one from Florida does not have the ability to grasp concepts so they must say "god did it" I suppose you think god makes thunder and that the world is flat
So two chemicals are reacting with each other and some electrons flowing by radiation from the sun and it is alive. That has just as much proof as your god but is more likely

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98495 Apr 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
If you can,then,do so
I would like you to tell me about your god but you would not be able to support your explanation with factual evidence.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98496 Apr 4, 2013
Big bang therory wrote:
<quoted text>
The flaw in your story is that there are more than one planet in our solar system think about it.
And the world is not perfect

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,605
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 5 min Hatti_Hollerand 405
who's the best lay from the creek 21 min Short stuff 4
dinky phipps 1 hr school 1
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 1 hr concerned 11
Rickie smith from1304 3 hr Exfemale 12
Obama and the Democrats inciting violence again... 4 hr Jack 4
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 7 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 7 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
CBS Sports 5:01 AM
Signs of Johnny Manziel's struggles evident in poor practice outings
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal