Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,148

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98435 Apr 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Pilgrims landed at Plymouth Rock because they ran out of beer. The Pyramids were built on beer.. Damned upstart uptight religions like Muslims and Mormons...friggin' contrary to progress and productivity.
Oh geez. Now we know the"rest of the story" and why puhfairyos had buh-oats buried wit them.
Rivers and oceans of beer.
Why who'd've ever thunk it.

(you moron).
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98436 Apr 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
If God doesn't approve of it why doesn't he stop it from happening? Is he incapable of preventing a little girl from being raped? If so, why worship him?
There was a moment on an atheist show called The Atheist Experience where the host said the difference between her and God is that she would try to stop a child rapist whereas God would just watch and then punish the rapist later (unless he gets saved).
So why doesn't got stop little kids from being raped and murdered?
Itís all about the free will. If God stops you, you donít have free will. How you deal with adversity, how you deal with death is just as important as how you deal with life and happiness. Itís part of what determines the mettle of your soul and determines if you are worthy or unworthy.
Your atheist show is probably right from the standpoint of the rapist. She forgot the standpoint of the child. If that child was sentient and sapient and had an immortal soul, most likely she was too young to be evil and an eternity in Heaven is worth any suffering endured on Earth.
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98437 Apr 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems my memory is fuzzy on that. I know of times that God demanded, endorsed and even committed killings, but would you be kind enough to show me where the Bible says that Satan ever told anyone to kill?
Put down the beer for awhile and maybe you could see straight enough to actually comprehend something!
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98438 Apr 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, correcting myself:
Mark is the first of the gospels, not Luke. Luke and Matthew are basically taken directly from Mark with some stuff that may come from an unknown source called Q.
Q of Alzhiemers Bush should only be taken with grains of salt-in that case, mostly because of the tequila that follows the book of beer in the gospels of Q.
NEPHILIM

United States

#98440 Apr 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if this is accurate. The earliest gospels date back to decades after Christ died. If men alive at the time who knew enough to remember it were still knocking around later around the time that the author of Luke was writing then they would have been pretty old, I think.
I'll have to do some research. I'm going by memory. I know Luke was first (and it had the fewest miracles and no claim that Jesus was God). The others came later and they each added more and more layers of total nonsense like miracles and such. That's how mythology grows.
I think Mark wrote first and the others just pretty much plagiarized him. There is something about a Q source but I can't look it up right now. The Secret Gospel of Mark I think predates them all and has the verses that are missing out of the Mark we have today. It's worth checking out, just not a lot to go on.
NEPHILIM

United States

#98441 Apr 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, correcting myself:
Mark is the first of the gospels, not Luke. Luke and Matthew are basically taken directly from Mark with some stuff that may come from an unknown source called Q.
My bad, I should of read ahead. Glad we agree.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98442 Apr 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, OK. God is a time traveler. He gets in his God Delorian and zips ahead in time, seeing the entire stretch of human existence. Then he zips back in time to watch it unfold.
If we *truly* have free will then the events that God watches unfold will not occur exactly as they did when he zipped ahead in time. Therefore God does not know the future. If they happen exactly as they did when he zipped ahead then free will does not exist and we are determined to do what we do.
If anyone lacks an understanding of basic logic it is not me.
Now, back to my question. Do you or do you not understand the flaw in your logic?
Look at it another way. If Ben knows Jane then Ben cannot also NOT know Jane. These are mutually exclusive states of being. Ben either knows Jane or Ben does not know Jane.
God either knows what we will do or he does not know what we will do. If he knows what we will do then we are not free to choose. It must be this way, logically. It is not my opinion, it is the necessary rules of logic.
Your Delorean comment is simply trite. I clearly pointed out to anyone who has a good command of the English language that time traveler was an analogy, a simplification because you canít fathom apparently the concept of God existing outside of Time.
God observing you, does not determine your actions. If you witness a bank robbery, should you be charged with masterminding it?
It is your attempt at logic that has failed. You keep assuming that Godís knowledge somehow determines an outcome. That is your assumption that is false. Your assumption is wrong therefore your conclusion is invalid. It fails the test of logic.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98443 Apr 4, 2013
You are simply wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Itís all about the free will. If God stops you, you donít have free will. How you deal with adversity, how you deal with death is just as important as how you deal with life and happiness. Itís part of what determines the mettle of your soul and determines if you are worthy or unworthy.
Your atheist show is probably right from the standpoint of the rapist. She forgot the standpoint of the child. If that child was sentient and sapient and had an immortal soul, most likely she was too young to be evil and an eternity in Heaven is worth any suffering endured on Earth.
Can't get your head around the 'omniscience = no free will' concept can you? It must be that differential calculus getting in the way. Would you mind sharing the equation(s) that mathematically "prove" free will as you claimed?
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98444 Apr 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Than why isn't Romney President???
Because we have him on tape lying virtually every day of the campaign
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98445 Apr 4, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<
If your god knew what we would choose to do and didn't want that to happen...why create us? Is he stupid??
Again, you are assuming that people are the purpose of creation
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98446 Apr 4, 2013
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution is nothing more that Extreme Science Fiction

Who are you to complain about Godís methods? God and evolution are not mutually exclusive. Evolution is Godís method
Life evolves, species evolve, we have evolved and are still evolving. Our current form is not likely going to be the same in 100,000 generations. We are not a fixed point in time. We arenít Godís plan. We are a small part of it.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98447 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes, I believe it to be highly probable that life exists outside of our solar system.
Agree. If God likes to create, then it is doubtful that He'd necessarily start or stop with our solar system
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98448 Apr 4, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
and NO, NO, NO and NO.
Nor do I feel some socio-illogical need to even pretend to be.:-).
Then donít say that you translated it. Say the translation that you prefer.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98449 Apr 4, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. The one I reference to was about 543 million years ago until 490 million years ago.
LOL Thatís an even more distant epoch than the Jurassic! Thatís absolutely ridiculous for you to bring that up to say anything about humans!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98450 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>Again, you are assuming that people are the purpose of creation
How so? I'm simply reiterating what you stated and asking a question about what you posited. I'm starting to think that you don't even understand your own position.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98451 Apr 4, 2013
excuse me wrote:
The New Testament was written by men who were either eyewitnesses themselves, or who related from the eyewitnesses their personal accounts of the actual incidents and teachings of Christ.
The council of Nicea was about 300 years later. There were no actual witnesses to interview
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98452 Apr 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
But I already showed how free will is incompatible with a perfect god.
Also, prove souls exist.
No, you simply parroted the fallacy of Calvin and predestination, which was just a cop out so he could break his vows
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98453 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Can't get your head around the 'omniscience = no free will' concept can you? It must be that differential calculus getting in the way. Would you mind sharing the equation(s) that mathematically "prove" free will as you claimed?
You are simply wrong. That is merely an ad hominem. Go back and read about symbolic logic.
You are simply wrong

Beattyville, KY

#98454 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>
How so? I'm simply reiterating what you stated and asking a question about what you posited. I'm starting to think that you don't even understand your own position.
That is called a strawman argument and is a fallacy because you are attributing to me what someone else said.
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98455 Apr 4, 2013
<quoted text>Then donít say that you translated it. Say the translation that you prefer.
That's what I said,(@your level now)imbecile.

Sorry YOU could NOT comprehend it.

Try a reading comprehension class for lilcommieTics. Maybe you'll feewl bettuh, dolt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
brandon bryson 5 min old friend 4
food stamp office 21 min Jdp889 15
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 3,608
jason hughes 2 hr truth 7
teena Marie mills 2 hr Flatlick 4
Husbands with friends 3 hr Glenda 3
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 4 hr Bkt 16
praying it's all a lie 9 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"