Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,620

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Bwaingenomersind whitehowz

Glenpool, OK

#98170 Apr 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww.. should my feelings be hurt?
You keep saying "believe want you want!" But you keep insisting that people believe what YOU want to believe.
Iran only want nuclear in case the erl runs out...or in case Saddam is resurrected and taps into and drains they erl fields, cause it be a little harder to blame a bush, aneebush, now, for the ones wit some actually functioning bwains anyway.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#98171 Apr 2, 2013
Bwaingenomersindwhitehowz wrote:
<quoted text>
Who wanner a map pointing to where dey bwain is??????????
Stand in line lol.
Paragrammatism (disorder of grammatical construction)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#98172 Apr 2, 2013
James 1:22
King James Version (KJV)

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
So true

Crossville, TN

#98173 Apr 2, 2013
Good day to you all.. Hope everyone's day is great...:)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#98174 Apr 2, 2013
chang wrote:
<quoted text> ...
My Lord is mercy, yet vengeful. My Lord is love, yet hates...
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Sounds like a bi-polar asshat to me. Good luck pleasing your crazy god!

Location hidden

#98175 Apr 2, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actions still have consequences. He gave them 2 commandments. They could only follow one...
You say this as if your god didn't know what they would choose. This would imply your god is not omniscient. If, on the other hand, he knew what they would choose and created them and the environment that would lead to their inevitable decision then free will is an illusion.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if God is omnipotent. I think He has to abide by some eternal laws or He loses His status as God. So to us He is, but what if God is subject to His Father? Something to think about
So you don't believe your god is the "Alpha and the Omega"? If you concede that your god must have come from something, then it is reasonable to infer that his creator must have also had a creator...and you should logically repeat this ad infinitum.

Location hidden

#98176 Apr 2, 2013
So true wrote:
Good day to you all.. Hope everyone's day is great...:)
Good day to you as well. It is shaping up to be a beautiful day...things are going to be blooming soon.
that guy

Mount Ida, AR

#98177 Apr 2, 2013
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours
GWB

Roseville, CA

#98178 Apr 2, 2013
chang wrote:
<quoted text>
you will not have ever lasting life. No matter how many books you read, no matter how many classes you take, no matter how many saved people you encounter...you will never know God.

Laughable.
Old

Beattyville, KY

#98179 Apr 2, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You say this as if your god didn't know what they would choose. This would imply your god is not omniscient. If, on the other hand, he knew what they would choose and created them and the environment that would lead to their inevitable decision then free will is an illusion.
<quoted text>
So you don't believe your god is the "Alpha and the Omega"? If you concede that your god must have come from something, then it is reasonable to infer that his creator must have also had a creator...and you should logically repeat this ad infinitum.
No because God made Time, therefore God and Heaven exist outside of time. God knows what you will do simply because from his perspective it has already happened. You still make your decisions. You still take responsibility for your actions. God didn't force you to do anything. No predetermination and yes on free will.
Education

Pikeville, KY

#98180 Apr 2, 2013
I apologize upfront for upsetting some of you for what I am about to say, but I can't help but to speak the truth. If you want to teach religion in schools, fine, but do it as history or literature. However, Evolution and scientific reasoing has and needs to be taught like the Big Bang. Science is important and children need to know and understand how the world works. I teach it at home, but also include religious stories. If you refuse to teach these children science, then these children will be ignorant. I always said religion is a lot like drugs:
Distorts Reality and gives you false hope.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#98181 Apr 2, 2013
So true wrote:
<quoted text> thank you, happy Easter as well.. Been a couple of dark places lately, where my thoughts were not clear. God knows our hearts so may I follow him and what he has put in mine.. The one who will always be only a prayer awAy. No matter how alone I feel , he is there , at times I just forgt to talk to him.. Blessings all.,
Amen!
Your welcome!
It's ok to go into the dark, as long as you
let your Light shine, and not become as the dark!
God Bless!
:-)
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#98182 Apr 2, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
If the first "sin" of Adam and Eve was disobeying god by eating the fruit of knowledge than how did sex become the original sin? How did sex become a sin? Is it all just a hoax? Sounds like a bunch of bull to me
Sex was never the original sin! It was disobedience!
Sex only became a sin when we made it our god, and
perverted it more for our pleasure, and not procreation....
Killing the Babies, and such is a sin!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#98183 Apr 2, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Sex was never the original sin! It was disobedience!
Sex only became a sin when we made it our god, and
perverted it more for our pleasure, and not procreation....
Killing the Babies, and such is a sin!
Killing babies is a sin? Than why does your god command for you to kill babies and be joyful as you kill babies?
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.(Isaiah 13:15-18
Psalms 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones

Is it a sin to kill babies when your god tells you to?
conclusion

Morehead, KY

#98184 Apr 2, 2013
Bible study in schools could be both good and bad. Just as the BIBLE series which aired weekly all through March,it sadly missed the emphasis that should have been on God ,but the movies were based more on all the wars and violence of the people of Israel.True there were wars but God was not always in the acts committed by the people.
The NEW TESTAMENT shows us the goodness and loving kindness of God through HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. Who said to the people who sought to stone the woman caught in adultery ,"You without sin cast the first stone ". Thus letting the woman go free, "Saying sin no more ". And Jesus told Peter put away thy sword whenever Peter cut off the ear of one of the warriors; Jesus even put the ear back on the man. And Jesus told his disciples that "You know not what spirit you are in" whenever they asked him to call fire down and kill the evil people. Jesus would not do it.
Just saying reading the bible especially the old testament mainly focuses on the people more than on God.

Location hidden

#98185 Apr 2, 2013
Old wrote:
<quoted text>
No because God made Time, therefore God and Heaven exist outside of time. God knows what you will do simply because from his perspective it has already happened. You still make your decisions. You still take responsibility for your actions. God didn't force you to do anything. No predetermination and yes on free will.
Ok, let's suppose that your god exists "outside of time". How does that change anything? He still would have had, by your own admission, full knowledge of what would happen when he created Adam and Eve. There was no other possible outcome. The only entity that really has a choice in that scenario is your god. No?

Location hidden

#98186 Apr 2, 2013
conclusion wrote:
Bible study in schools could be both good and bad...
Not in a public school. In a public school it would be unconstitutional...and that's just bad.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#98187 Apr 2, 2013
conclusion wrote:
Bible study in schools could be both good and bad. Just as the BIBLE series which aired weekly all through March,it sadly missed the emphasis that should have been on God ,but the movies were based more on all the wars and violence of the people of Israel.True there were wars but God was not always in the acts committed by the people.
The NEW TESTAMENT shows us the goodness and loving kindness of God through HIS SON JESUS CHRIST. Who said to the people who sought to stone the woman caught in adultery ,"You without sin cast the first stone ". Thus letting the woman go free, "Saying sin no more ". And Jesus told Peter put away thy sword whenever Peter cut off the ear of one of the warriors; Jesus even put the ear back on the man. And Jesus told his disciples that "You know not what spirit you are in" whenever they asked him to call fire down and kill the evil people. Jesus would not do it.
Just saying reading the bible especially the old testament mainly focuses on the people more than on God.
God step down and put Satan in charge of this world, review the new testament again to refresh your memory.

Body count: God kills billions
Body count: Satan kills ten

God let Satan do some killing (only ten with permission by God) review your bible and you will see.

In a reward for obeying God and killing 10 people,(Satan is really a lap dog for Yahweh), Satan is promoted to the God of the earthly ones.

Now the whole world is in the power of the wicked one.(God did it)

That's about it.
im still looking

Natick, MA

#98188 Apr 2, 2013
Ooo
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98189 Apr 2, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Killing babies is a sin? Than why does your god command for you to kill babies and be joyful as you kill babies?
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.(Isaiah 13:15-18
Psalms 137:9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones
Is it a sin to kill babies when your god tells you to?
Thou shalt NOT harm anyone else.
----------

"These excesses were common in all barbarous nations, and are only prophetically declared here."

From Homers description, in words almost similar to those of the psalmist."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moma screwer 51 min tina effing Davis 12
backhole n dozer 2 hr pinky 2
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 4 hr Princess Hey 372
'Harlan's Got Talent' coming next year 5 hr checkingonthings 8
missing pit bull 5 hr Worried 2
Curtis 7 hr Gator 1
no nickle tax knox BOE 21 hr sick of taxes 2
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 24 beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 9:17 pm PST

NBC Sports 9:17PM
Week 13 skill-position injury report — Wednesday