Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
93,701 - 93,720 of 128,911 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Genesis doesn't say that they were ignorant or stupid. It infers that the first humans were amoral - not comprehending the difference between right and wrong. I think religious folk have been pleading that insanity defense ever since.
Take for example:
Of course A&E were meant to go around naked.("God" still wants "Eve" to stay barefoot and pregnant, doesn't "he?") God got ticked when he found them covering their nakedness. And then you have the holy rollers drooling and spitting over the idea of a nude beach or nudist colony. What the heck? If some 68 year old retiree wants to sit around in their alltogethers and have a beer, why should anyone care? That was God's dress code in the year one.
Once they learned right from wrong they covered themselves. We know right from wrong therefore we cover ourselves. If you want to romp around nude, I don't really care, just don't do it in front of my elementary age daughters and I couldn't care less.

It says A&E were like little children. Little children don't make a big deal out of being nude. They also don't know what to use those parts for. That doesn't make them stupid, just innocent and ignorant.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Further proof that Christianity is the cult of hate
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/01/child-p...

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Once they learned right from wrong they covered themselves. We know right from wrong therefore we cover ourselves. If you want to romp around nude, I don't really care, just don't do it in front of my elementary age daughters and I couldn't care less.
It says A&E were like little children. Little children don't make a big deal out of being nude. They also don't know what to use those parts for. That doesn't make them stupid, just innocent and ignorant.
Wait wait, if your god created Adam and Eve and left them nude than how was it wrong for them to be nude? How is being nude wrong or a "sin" if god was OK with that for Adam and Eve??? See, your stories just do not make any sense and fall apart so easy

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
Do you mean that following do whut's rationale that God and the angels have human like forms and personalities, God shouldn't have been at all surprised at mankind's independent streak.
Consider Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:"
Doesn't that indicate that He was talking about creating a race exactly in form and temperament as the heavenly Host, and that the Heavenly Host in fact took an active part in the creation process?(Sabotage, or a job done TOO well for His liking?) If he was angry enough at humans to obliterate all but 6, why has he spared the one third who were the instigators and source of disobedience?

All absolutely speculative, of course. We know the OBVIOUS (and best) answer. Man created God and the angels in his own image.
I don't care about a rebuttal from the serious religies any more than I care of the significance when Samantha Stevens twitched her nose LRL vs. RLR or whether Mortimer Mouse was Mickey's father or older brother.
Jesus was there with thee Father in the beginning. That's who He was talking to. He had millions of spirit children that He wanted to help progress to become more like Him. We already existed, just without a body like Him.
After sin entered the world, God no longer walked with man. I then believe that Jehovah, the God of the OT was Jesus. He was our mediator with the Father. We have to go through Jesus to talk to the Father and that's how it's always been since we were no longer worthy to be in the presence of the Father.
And the parts you guys talk about with Him being a jealous God, it has always made me wonder if He had to mature in this role like we do.
Ever notice how a new supervisor acts? It goes to their head for a while and they react hastily to disobedience.
I don't know, just my thoughts.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont you trust god to protect your daughter?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>2 Kings 2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
And your point?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If your god created everything who made laws for him to follow? If god can not be around "sin" how did he create sin? Who did your god have to sacrifice jesus to? If Satan rules this world and god is all loving and forgiving shouldn't you worship Satan and than when you die god forgives you?
I know that you will not answer any of these questions, but I do hope that you read your whole bible and not just a verse here and a verse there
Don't suppose I haven't.

I think that we are subject to God because we are His children. I think that He has a Father as well. These laws are eternal. The priesthood is eternal. If we are made in His image, it only makes sense that the family structure exists beyond Him. He is the one we are subject to, so we don't hear about the others.
So this would make sin and opposition an eternal concept as well. And no I would never take your advice. We are judged on our knowledge. I know Satan is the adversary of the creator, and that he loses in the end. Why would I follow the loser to eternal damnation?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Further proof that Christianity is the cult of hate
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/01/child-p...
You can't judge a series of religions by outliers. Just like we shouldn't judge atheists by their extremists.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say that A&E did not know what sexual organs where for? If your god created them with those organs and the ability to reproduce than how is sex a sin or evil? Where they sexless and than Satan gave them those organs? Did your god create people with those organs and the ability to reproduce but not want them to do so? Did god create evil or is it more likely that the christian cult said sex was evil because that would place guilt on every one.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Wait wait, if your god created Adam and Eve and left them nude than how was it wrong for them to be nude? How is being nude wrong or a "sin" if god was OK with that for Adam and Eve??? See, your stories just do not make any sense and fall apart so easy
It was only wrong once they had the wisdom that it was wrong. Same with little children. Most parents will bathe opposite sex children together as infants, but once they start understanding, they separate them.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that's what the Bible says at all. I thought you said they only produced The Giants and they no longer exist. That's just taking the scenario you said. I still don't think that's what happened.
I said we have satanic dna. I think nephilim posted that information.

I base that on third of the angels in heaven coming down to earth to have sex with females. Maybe not all were giants yet are called men of fame.

Gen 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward--when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

The Children of the Devil
John 8:42-44

42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

If the first "sin" of Adam and Eve was disobeying god by eating the fruit of knowledge than how did sex become the original sin? How did sex become a sin? Is it all just a hoax? Sounds like a bunch of bull to me

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Dont you trust god to protect your daughter?
What does this have to do with protection? I don't want my 5 year old to learn male anatomy from some gross neighbor.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't judge a series of religions by outliers. Just like we shouldn't judge atheists by their extremists.
If things like this where not a common every day thing than I would agree with you. However it is too common for you to dismiss by saying dont judge us by what a few do. It is not a few but many, it is not outliers but the mass of the christian cult of hate

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you say that A&E did not know what sexual organs where for? If your god created them with those organs and the ability to reproduce than how is sex a sin or evil? Where they sexless and than Satan gave them those organs? Did your god create people with those organs and the ability to reproduce but not want them to do so? Did god create evil or is it more likely that the christian cult said sex was evil because that would place guilt on every one.
Sex is not evil. Sex is totally acceptable within the bonds of marriage.

Again, refer to my "like little children" posts.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What does this have to do with protection? I don't want my 5 year old to learn male anatomy from some gross neighbor.
Yea, I would rip the sexual organs off of the body of a man that exposed himself to a 5 year old. Not hate just teaching a lession

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>I said we have satanic dna. I think nephilim posted that information.

I base that on third of the angels in heaven coming down to earth to have sex with females. Maybe not all were giants yet are called men of fame.

Gen 6:4
The Nephilim were on the earth in those days--and also afterward--when the sons of God went to the daughters of humans and had children by them. They were the heroes of old, men of renown.

The Children of the Devil
John 8:42-44

42 Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. 43 Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. 44 You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire.
This was not literal. He meant they follow Satan and belong to him because they cling to him.

Again I do not believe that angels had sex with women. I believe Sons of God means men because we are all sons of God. Angels have no bodies. And those that chose to follow Satan were cast out of Heaven and will never be given the opportunity to have a body. They have up their first estate.
You didn't. That's why you are here on earth.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
If the first "sin" of Adam and Eve was disobeying god by eating the fruit of knowledge than how did sex become the original sin? How did sex become a sin? Is it all just a hoax? Sounds like a bunch of bull to me
Sex is not the original sin. I never said sex WAS a sin. As long as it is within the bonds of marriage, no sin.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If things like this where not a common every day thing than I would agree with you. However it is too common for you to dismiss by saying dont judge us by what a few do. It is not a few but many, it is not outliers but the mass of the christian cult of hate
Couldn't the same be said for satanists?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, I would rip the sexual organs off of the body of a man that exposed himself to a 5 year old. Not hate just teaching a lession
Agreed, that man would need protection from me

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr Flint hill bandit 16,129
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 2 hr Melussa 1
Teresa Johnson and Rex 3 hr Dang 2
Jason Lee (Oct '13) 3 hr PalfromGA 7
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 hr Jay 146,845
Marlena cox 4 hr Tara 60
Did anyone go to the SOAR listening session? 5 hr Jack 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs