Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
93,681 - 93,700 of 128,592 Comments Last updated 22 min ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the time it just says angels. No mention of gender.
I doubt we will be naked in heaven. All mention of angels or Christ always indicates robes.
Adam and Eve were naked for the same reason babies are born naked.
Pffft. All of the angels mentioned by name were dudes and the concept of heavenly messengers almost certainly predates the writing of the Torah. Adam and Eve weren't born. They were naked because God wanted them naked. In the earliest biblical mention of an angel, Satan was naked too, unless you think serpents wear robes.
Hey, when you're done with discussing the Bible can ya discuss Dune or the Silmarillion? If a "stone burner" was a nuke based on the China syndrome, wouldn't using one violate the terms of use of family atomics? Was Tom Bombadil a valar or a maiar? That would make him older than ents, wouldn't it?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
We differ here. I believe that a God powerful enough to create the universe and all that is in it, could easily produce rain, make Balaam's donkey speak, part the Red Sea, keep a bush from being consumed by fire, etc.
We differ more than here. A God that is able to create all of time and space could create rain and erase every single trace that it ever happened. He could be the universe's best ventriloquist. He could have simply had the Jews run across the tops of the waves instead of trudge through the silt of a sea bed - or simply have teleported them to the other side. We can apply fire retardant to a tree or create the illusion of speech and fire from one.
My question is not whether or not something might or could have happened. It is WTF is WRonG with people who defend those fabrications without any shred of critical thought, conscience or honesty.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I believe God has a body of flesh and bone. A glorified body similar to what we will have once resurrected.
Not sure what guffaw means.
guffaw means belly laugh.

You think the creator of the Universe, a hypothetical being that exists outside of time and is all pervasive in "creation" looks like you? A hypothetical being that is untold billions of years old, knows every single iota of datum in the entire cosmos and who will live far beyond the time that the last mote dissolves into the sea of photos exists in a corporeal body?

Guffaw!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Being as innocent as little children, I'm not sure they would have known how to multiply. If they hadn't eaten of the tree, man may have never been. It would have been those two in Eden for eternity.
I do not think we are meant to go around naked. Not sure where you are going with that
Genesis doesn't say that they were ignorant or stupid. It infers that the first humans were amoral - not comprehending the difference between right and wrong. I think religious folk have been pleading that insanity defense ever since.
Take for example:
Of course A&E were meant to go around naked.("God" still wants "Eve" to stay barefoot and pregnant, doesn't "he?") God got ticked when he found them covering their nakedness. And then you have the holy rollers drooling and spitting over the idea of a nude beach or nudist colony. What the heck? If some 68 year old retiree wants to sit around in their alltogethers and have a beer, why should anyone care? That was God's dress code in the year one.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of makes you think tho. The angels were with God the whole time, saw him create the Earth, the humans and knew his power and yet, one out of three angels thought God sucked. That's not very good odds when you claim to be the God of love.
Yes, I agree.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of makes you think tho. The angels were with God the whole time, saw him create the Earth, the humans and knew his power and yet, one out of three angels thought God sucked. That's not very good odds when you claim to be the God of love.
Do you mean that following do whut's rationale that God and the angels have human like forms and personalities, God shouldn't have been at all surprised at mankind's independent streak.
Consider Genesis 1:26 "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:"
Doesn't that indicate that He was talking about creating a race exactly in form and temperament as the heavenly Host, and that the Heavenly Host in fact took an active part in the creation process?(Sabotage, or a job done TOO well for His liking?) If he was angry enough at humans to obliterate all but 6, why has he spared the one third who were the instigators and source of disobedience?

All absolutely speculative, of course. We know the OBVIOUS (and best) answer. Man created God and the angels in his own image.
I don't care about a rebuttal from the serious religies any more than I care of the significance when Samantha Stevens twitched her nose LRL vs. RLR or whether Mortimer Mouse was Mickey's father or older brother.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>That from the BOM or how all LDS believe or scriptures that led you to think that way?
The LDS do believe that, but I did before joining as well. Not sure when I figured that out

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>I haven't been following this thread closely the last few days, but I'm having trouble getting the logic here (maybe it's just because I'm coming in late...)

If it was your god's intent for Adam and Eve to do exactly as they did in the Garden of Eden...then what were they guilty of?
It's the problem of evil.
Is your god omnipotent (and omniscient)? If so, he not only knew what would happen, be created everything in order for it to happen. So, he must not be benevolent.
Actions still have consequences. He gave them 2 commandments. They could only follow one.
If they didn't eat of the tree, they would have lived forever, but alone. Because they wouldn't know how to procreate. Eve was tricked into eating of the fruit, so she would be cast out. In order to fulfill the second commandment of multiplying, Adam had to go with her. So he ate the fruit. That means the consequence if death and living outside the garden was in effect.
I don't know if God is omnipotent. I think He has to abide by some eternal laws or He loses His status as God. So to us He is, but what if God is subject to His Father? Something to think about
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

NO no brain washing wrote:
You ppl are so brain washed with religious bull crap .PPL should be allowed to make their own minds up about religion .Not be force brain washed at school .For you fools that think it will help stop the shootings .Look at how well religion has worked in keeping world peace.I do not want my child infected with primitive beliefs of an invisible man .We came from apes get over it
No-- we did not originate from apes. Please to NOT DUHMdown science and show that most ignorant ape pictograph as any sort of explanation of origin to my children.

Apes did NOT just magically appear OR rain out of the sky.

See how derwooDUHMism lowers the level of intellience, right off the bat.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

pat wrote:
Don't pray in my school, and I won't think in your church
Now that was funny
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

pat wrote:
Religion does three things quite effectively: Divides people, Controls people, Deludes people.
Especially if that "religion" is Ignorance.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>That's the rub, some of them were not ingnorant, servants or slaves, yes indeed. Satan wanted to be king and dethrone the reigning God. One third of the angels in heaven wanted to have sex with humans on earth and they did. So God conceded and Satan became the God of this world. Yes, we have satanic dna by the fallen angels that produced hybrids , if you believe that the bible is real and not a myth.
I don't believe that's what the Bible says at all. I thought you said they only produced The Giants and they no longer exist. That's just taking the scenario you said. I still don't think that's what happened.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
No-- we did not originate from apes. Please to NOT DUHMdown science and show that most ignorant ape pictograph as any sort of explanation of origin to my children.
Apes did NOT just magically appear OR rain out of the sky.
See how derwooDUHMism lowers the level of intellience, right off the bat.
Anyone familiar with the ToE knows that it does not say that humans originated from apes any more than it says that humans magically appeared in a garden.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I...you....what??
You do understand I was making a point about suffering, right? Not geology. Why not address the actual content of my post rather than sidestepping it and tossing big fat Red Herring into the room.
Okay, tsunamis (and other natural earth occurrences) can, do and have been known to cause suffering.(see a geology book)
The suffering suffered due to such catastrophic natural earth events, has been known to be eased for some, by seeking spiritual guidance (probably not found in most geology books).
Red Herrings however, might more likely be better studied from a book of "Ichthyology" rather than geology.

Is that better?
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
guffaw means belly laugh.
You think the creator of the Universe, a hypothetical being that exists outside of time and is all pervasive in "creation" looks like you? A hypothetical being that is untold billions of years old, knows every single iota of datum in the entire cosmos and who will live far beyond the time that the last mote dissolves into the sea of photos exists in a corporeal body?
Guffaw!
Facebook needs some corporate renovation on the contributory proccesses, just like churches.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone familiar with the ToE knows that it does not say that humans originated from apes any more than it says that humans magically appeared in a garden.
Yea and...that stupid pictograph should be banned for propagating ignorance, I tell you-banned!!!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Read Matthew 18
2 Kings 2:24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>We differ more than here. A God that is able to create all of time and space could create rain and erase every single trace that it ever happened. He could be the universe's best ventriloquist. He could have simply had the Jews run across the tops of the waves instead of trudge through the silt of a sea bed - or simply have teleported them to the other side. We can apply fire retardant to a tree or create the illusion of speech and fire from one.
My question is not whether or not something might or could have happened. It is WTF is WRonG with people who defend those fabrications without any shred of critical thought, conscience or honesty.
God requires effort on our part. Or else we would all be allowed to be lazy oafs and just pray for everything. That's why some prayers aren't answered. The one praying never took any notion to make an effort on their own and they just suppose it will be given them because they are righteous.

As for the latter question. I'm trying.
And what's with the random capitalization mid word?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>guffaw means belly laugh.

Guffaw!
Yes.
Matter is eternal. Even scientists agree with that.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actions still have consequences. He gave them 2 commandments. They could only follow one.
If they didn't eat of the tree, they would have lived forever, but alone. Because they wouldn't know how to procreate. Eve was tricked into eating of the fruit, so she would be cast out. In order to fulfill the second commandment of multiplying, Adam had to go with her. So he ate the fruit. That means the consequence if death and living outside the garden was in effect.
I don't know if God is omnipotent. I think He has to abide by some eternal laws or He loses His status as God. So to us He is, but what if God is subject to His Father? Something to think about
If your god created everything who made laws for him to follow? If god can not be around "sin" how did he create sin? Who did your god have to sacrifice jesus to? If Satan rules this world and god is all loving and forgiving shouldn't you worship Satan and than when you die god forgives you?
I know that you will not answer any of these questions, but I do hope that you read your whole bible and not just a verse here and a verse there

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Ky Biscuit Company 11 min fyi 19
teresa johnson where did the thread go ? (Dec '12) 52 min Just me 3
i miss my amy 57 min b ggggg 1
just seen what goin on 1 hr Who knows 5
Any couples into SCAT??? 1 hr Jason lake 6
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr cathyjudy 26,185
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr cathyjudy 146,195
Stivers Center fixes 7 hr City Slicker 26
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••