Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
93,641 - 93,660 of 128,663 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I fully agree that angels visit the earth. But they don't have a body, so sex is impossible. They do look like people though.
According to the bible nothing is impossible with God. So in a earthly fleshly body instead of appearing as just a bright talking star could be what happen. When during the pre flood world did God take away the rebelling angels powers?

Now the freewill part. God did not remove freewill from the angels and did not stop them from rebelling. Why, because the angels wanted to have sex with women and breed their own kind.

As you claimed the humans once had a spiritual bodies and place on earth as fleshly beings, having sex together. The angels wanted sex also along with their power and end their slavery to God.

Nowhere in the today's modern bible does it say that angels never desired women or men for that matter , just that they were not given in marriage in heaven. Even the fear of God could not stop them.

g

Where in the bible does it say that angels do not desire women or not have passion?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Why were all angels in the beginning males or Sons and no women mention as angels Heaven. Why only males mentioned and not women in heaven if they are both equal?

Does God want you completely naked in heaven? Why was adam and eve made to walk around completely naked for God?
Most of the time it just says angels. No mention of gender.

I doubt we will be naked in heaven. All mention of angels or Christ always indicates robes.
Adam and Eve were naked for the same reason babies are born naked.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
They'd rather children learn propaganda about the bible than study the bible...
Yes, the christian cult does not want children to read the whole bible, just small parts of it and a lot of christian propaganda

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, dude, don't defend slavery. Its on the short list with rape and murder for obvious evils.

And you are incorrect about how the Bible talks of slavery. All the ways that Christians rationalize it away as debt repayment is mainly aimed at Jews owning Jews. Which is still an immoral situation to begin with. If you were not a Jew, none of those happy little human slavery rules applied.

It is the sign of moral bankruptcy when a man has to defend the owning of another man. The absolute removal of human rights and subjugation of a human being to another human being.

And God says it ok.

Think of this. Even in the New Testament when Paul talks about slavery he is giving instructions on HOW to do it, not giving moral guidance that it should NOT BE DONE.

It's disgusting to me. A lot of Apologists will actually defend the various genocides that God commands by claiming that the children slaughtered had it coming. How's that for Christian morality?
I only know what I learned about OT slavery through Biblical scholars. I wasn't there, so I really can't tell you anything other than what I learned when I studied it.
Most conclude it was debt repayment.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The bible verse that I posted was on jews owning non jews as slaves. See how you turn things around? It even says the slave is property that can be passed down to a son.
You have lost credibility while proving again that the christian cult knows their religion is a scam
I was responding to Lol in this response. What was your verse?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah. I'm convinced. I'm sorry u r not. I've given proof. I don't find it necessary to repeat repeat repeat
Where and when did you give proof? Bull crap, all you o is side step questions, spout gibberish and go blah blah blah
Please give some proof (that you can back up)
Yet again the christian cult tells lies. How typical of them.
IS THERE ONE CHRISTIAN THAT WILL BE HONEST AND NOT LIE?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Is this love? Or is it more proof that the christian cult is hate filled and blood lusting?
http://wildhunt.org/2013/03/shots-fired-at-fl...
I say that christians are hate filled violent and blood lusting.
With so many crimes like this committed by so many christians it is a true reflection on all of you freaks

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>So the the mythologies were purposefully placed by God in the Bible to strengthen and exercise an ability to believe in nonsense like talking animals, 10,000 feet of rainfall in 1,000O hours, building a tower to heaven within a couple generations of near elimination of the human race, etc...- the master plan is a calculated preparation and test for the faithful? To do what? Make gullibility a "blessed" trait? Do you realize that argument is even more frail and spindly than alleging that these things actually happened?
We differ here. I believe that a God powerful enough to create the universe and all that is in it, could easily produce rain, make Balaam's donkey speak, part the Red Sea, keep a bush from being consumed by fire, etc.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Of course they look like people. So does God. The Bible says so.
Guffaw!!
I agree. I believe God has a body of flesh and bone. A glorified body similar to what we will have once resurrected.

Not sure what guffaw means.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

old poop wrote:
<quoted text>Try a Gutenburg or a new world translation. King james wasn't even a christian, and many things were altered for his political purposes and by lack of knowledge. 30,000 errors have been found in it. It is a very new translation with information dating back to only about 1277. Scrolls exist today dating back to about 4 AD.
Actually 96% of the KJV came from the Geneva Bible. It was very accurate from what still remained.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

How can you say "the sons of God" were men when he uses the word "men" right afterwards. Verse 2 is talking about two different people and the sons of God were the angels. That's why they took whatever women they wanted and had giant babies (Nephilims)which wouldn't of happened if they were just normal men.

Have you read the book of Enoch? It use to be part of the bible until man decided to take it out. It explains it more detail. Kind of reads like an alien invasion but that's kind of like the bible anyway.
I believe the Bible so far as it is translated correctly. I do not believe the translation that these were angels is correct.
Spirits do not have bodies. Since I believe we were all spirits that existed before the formation of this earth, and that one of the main purposes of coming here was to gain a physical body to become more like the Father, angels would not have bodies (yet). As we would have been angels at one point waiting for our time on this earth.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
We differ here. I believe that a God powerful enough to create the universe and all that is in it, could easily produce rain, make Balaam's donkey speak, part the Red Sea, keep a bush from being consumed by fire, etc.
Yet he can not keep some freak from beating a child (to death)???
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the time it just says angels. No mention of gender.
I doubt we will be naked in heaven. All mention of angels or Christ always indicates robes.
Adam and Eve were naked for the same reason babies are born naked.
It would be to much of a temptation to be naked and create desire for sex in heaven and sin, they needed robes. Parents provided clothing for babies, yet God does not provide clothing for full grown humans, just be naked an innocent about there role filling the earth.

You can say God then wanted all mankind naked if adam and eve had not disobeyed God by allowing Satan to mislead them. Adam would had to sleep on the couch if he had not gone alone with what eve wanted.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Hearing about how mormons believe that they are the master race because they are direct descendent's of the jewish people and how a girl should get married as soon as she has a menstrual cycle from a mormon and then having some one here say "oh we dont do that" I have to decide whom to believe.
Since the mormons I know both have 14 year old daughters that had a wedding in the LDS church here and their husbands live with them and her family..........

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>According to the bible nothing is impossible with God. So in a earthly fleshly body instead of appearing as just a bright talking star could be what happen. When during the pre flood world did God take away the rebelling angels powers?

Now the freewill part. God did not remove freewill from the angels and did not stop them from rebelling. Why, because the angels wanted to have sex with women and breed their own kind.

As you claimed the humans once had a spiritual bodies and place on earth as fleshly beings, having sex together. The angels wanted sex also along with their power and end their slavery to God.

Nowhere in the today's modern bible does it say that angels never desired women or men for that matter , just that they were not given in marriage in heaven. Even the fear of God could not stop them.

g

Where in the bible does it say that angels do not desire women or not have passion?
I don't believe they can take bodies for themselves. But I will study this more and get back with you.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be to much of a temptation to be naked and create desire for sex in heaven and sin, they needed robes. Parents provided clothing for babies, yet God does not provide clothing for full grown humans, just be naked an innocent about there role filling the earth.
You can say God then wanted all mankind naked if adam and eve had not disobeyed God by allowing Satan to mislead them. Adam would had to sleep on the couch if he had not gone alone with what eve wanted.
So you are saying that the christian cult's god wanted them ignorant servants and Satan talked them in to having free will by eating of the fruit of knowledge?
We should all thank Satan for that gift and see the christian cult's god as the evil people who worship hate, violence and blood

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yet he can not keep some freak from beating a child (to death)???
Sure He could. And none of us understand why He does not intervene on a tragedy such as that. All we know is that the punishment for doing so is among the worst imaginable.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
CM wrote:
With the proper indoctrination and peer support someone could have the conviction that they hear "the Force" and that the Cylons are battling Buck Rogers and the Power Rangers in the Horsehead Nebula for control of the Monoliths.
There is no more evidence to believe so than there is for the Garden of Eden, the Noahic flood, the Tower of Babel, walking on water, loaves and fishes, talking animals, golden plates, Jonah's fish... yet those things are real? I dismiss them as highly, totally, extremely, thoroughly, profoundly improbable not because of a religious bias, but because THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE.
If you could be objective and display any self-honesty, you would concede that your argument for feelings = reality is fostered by testimony of religious authority, emotional investment, insecurities and fervent desires - the same things employed as tools of manipulation by Jim Jones, David Koresh and Marshall Applewhite.
How do you construe that these statements SUPPORT "warped dark age, heraparasiTic hater zombies?"
I think that the Deuteronomic and Mosaic Laws - along with their predecessors and counterparts in other cultures - were indispensable in promoting civilization among the tribes of the "wilderness". I do not contend that any of them are the works and words of Gods. I think that a longing to fill an emotional hole is what drives religion and "dark age" ignorance. There is nothing wrong with perpetuating a code of ethics and moral laws as long as they are not adhered to simply for the sake of dogma, authoritarianism and tradition. That (and NOT the eternal life fairy tale) might well be the most important lesson of Jesus.
YOu got lucky this time-I lost interest instantly with the-
... Buck Rogers and the Power Rangers in the Horsehead Nebula for control of the Monoliths....blahblahblah for kiddiebrains bullchit.

S0 I just vaguely skimmed the rest of your post.

I agree-no one should try and PUSH others into doing anyting they don't want to.

That constitutes control-freakish commieTICs ...to which some of us sayz...

EWE....shove your damn potus dictaorstyle pea eating commands up your own arse of ignorance.

Cause some of the REST of us --do NOT like peas.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure He could. And none of us understand why He does not intervene on a tragedy such as that. All we know is that the punishment for doing so is among the worst imaginable.
Punishment? What punishment? They "accept jesus as their lord" and there is no more sin, just like eating pork and shell fish. Rape a child and god forgives you, they are not under the old law they are under grace.
And if your god CAN stop some one from beating a helpless child but does not he is evil.
When a group of christian boys beat a homeless man and set him on fire god did not stop it so again, evil.
You can spout love and god is good all you want but the ACTIONS say hate and evil
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Punishment? What punishment? They "accept jesus as their lord" and there is no more sin, just like eating pork and shell fish. Rape a child and god forgives you, they are not under the old law they are under grace.
And if your god CAN stop some one from beating a helpless child but does not he is evil.
When a group of christian boys beat a homeless man and set him on fire god did not stop it so again, evil.
You can spout love and god is good all you want but the ACTIONS say hate and evil
That's why mean people that partake of vile actions just suck, and GOOD people that are AGAINST such, don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Limbertwig 146,291
Stivers Center fixes 1 hr get real 51
Any couples into SCAT??? 2 hr lady ella 12
disability lawyer 2 hr been there 17
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr Ashby 26,189
jon h 3 hr Resident 17
Truddy 4 hr John Deer 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••