Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,682)

Showing posts 93,621 - 93,640 of128,016
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, isn't that what gay people are? Not perfect, they are forgiven? I thought that gay people are not under the old law, they are under "grace".
Oh, that is only for the special christians right? They have special fu ck ing rules for themselves.
Pisses me off, makes me want to start a big bon fire and toss a few of them in it (or feed them to the lions)
Most of the rational, sane people I know that attend church (or don't) really have no issue with rational, sane "gay people" of legal consenting ages. Why would they? That's a personal choice/issue, just as religion is.

It's the nutcases of any gender, lifestyle or religion that are vile parasites, just hell bent on spreading hate.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Thor, please forgive happy.
She doesn't realize she is worshipping the wrong god.

I know that her god was nailed to something....and that YOU have a hammer.
Proof positive that YOU are the BEST deity!
SAD
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion seems to morph to appease the followers, JW's were told that they would be not marrying or having sex after Armageddon, now to please the followers watchtower said new light from God and now they can hump for the next thousand years after Armageddon.
It is a paradox in religion they teach you will be like angels with no gender then change as time goes by when expectations of the end of time has not come as once believed. I think you can find in historical data that it has been so with most religious beliefs.
You're kinda hung up on bio-illogical functions of extreme religious doctrines, aren't you.

They make stuff fer people like y-ewe.

Treehumper.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong for sure. Sick. Using God as a cover . Satan knows Gods words.
And any idiot savant could spew words from bible passages.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I agree. Reality is simple. It simply IS right in front of your face.
There is no need for imaginary superbeings.

You are saying, "Don't look for answers, don't question, don't wonder ..Just Believe!"
You are asked simple questions but you can't defend your beliefs.

It's not complicated. I can put it all in one sentence:
IF Yahweh KNEW how people were going to NOT believe in them, why does a supposedly "loving god" allow them to be born so they will be punished eternally?
These are your claims about your deity. You know they make no sense.

happy wrote, "<quoted text> Religion also offends me. My God is AMAZING! Imaginary? R u kidding me? That's HILLARIOUS. Rofl. Honey I'm not in a mental ward. If I were to deny Him after all I have seen I would be in a mental ward teehee"

Worshipping an unseen deity IS Religion. Face it.
Seeing things you didn't understand doesn't mean the myths of a bunch of primitive goatherders are true.
Blah blah blah. I'm convinced. I'm sorry u r not. I've given proof. I don't find it necessary to repeat repeat repeat
old poop

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see that in the KJV. Sons of God are just men.
We are all sons and daughters of God. I don't even see the word Nephilim in the KJV.
Try a Gutenburg or a new world translation. King james wasn't even a christian, and many things were altered for his political purposes and by lack of knowledge. 30,000 errors have been found in it. It is a very new translation with information dating back to only about 1277. Scrolls exist today dating back to about 4 AD.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds to me like a world in which no God exists. How is this picture of reality different from the reality of an atheist?
Also, why does God get the glory for creating everything but he gets off the hook for bad things that happen?
Let's move away from the realm of free will. Let's not use rape as an example. Instead, let's use a tsunami.
In the 2004 Thailand tsunami over 227,000 people were killed. That number certainly included all kinds of people from infancy to old age. Here's a snippet from the Wiki article on the subject:
“Relief agencies report that one-third of the dead appear to be children. This is a result of the high proportion of children in the populations of many of the affected regions and because children were the least able to resist being overcome by the surging waters.”
If you think about the horror of tens of thousands of children being washed away it is impossible to then imagine a loving, omnipotent god. I mean, sure, you can imagine some kind of deity watching his handiwork unfold, but not the kind of deity any decent human being should be paying homage to.
Anyway, this is an impossible question to answer. I realize. I'm just pointing out the absurdidty of belief in a loving Christian deity in a world where we have murder, rape, and natural disasters on a daily basis. Instead, this is the exactly the kind of world you should expect to see if there was no god in it.
And that is why I don't have a belief in any gods.
That's why I like books, and a good geology one could certainly be considered a "sacred text", for referencing the subject matter of your post (namely tsunamis), but of course LOGIC and rationality, knows BETTER, and would apply the appropritate catagory of what it IS (earth sciences) NOT what one would merely choose it to be.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>And any idiot savant could spew words from bible passages.
Correct even satan.
And more idiots spew the dung u speak of. Lol,and quote scripture wrong.
And??
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>This is my questions about their beliefs. How can you claim that there is an all powerful god that you can pray to for a better job and more wealth but he just sits by and lets the innocent suffer? BULL
"For the love of money IS the root of all kinds of evil...." TIM6-10

And it sure makes a lot of people miserable that worship it.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct even satan.
And more idiots spew the dung u speak of. Lol,and quote scripture wrong.
And??
I just quoted a GOOD one.

Anyone looking at the shape of the world these days and any one would find it Very true.

Most rational people desire some peace and harmony, not hatred, vengence and greed, hanging off their weary and worn shirttails.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Ziiiiip......
That was the sound of irony passing by you.
The whole "resurrection" story is just a metaphor for Spring.
So.....Happy Spring!
By the way, you do know how the date for "easter" is reckoned, right?
The whole resurrection story is wearying to watch/read.
The inhumanity, cruelty, insecurity, intolerance and hatred of people, towards those who believed DIFFERENTLY, appalling.

You're confusing pagan rituals, with the barbaric practices practiced in the times of Christ.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
With the proper indoctrination and peer support someone could have the conviction that they hear "the Force" and that the Cylons are battling Buck Rogers and the Power Rangers in the Horsehead Nebula for control of the Monoliths.
There is no more evidence to believe so than there is for the Garden of Eden, the Noahic flood, the Tower of Babel, walking on water, loaves and fishes, talking animals, golden plates, Jonah's fish... yet those things are real? I dismiss them as highly, totally, extremely, thoroughly, profoundly improbable not because of a religious bias, but because THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE.
If you could be objective and display any self-honesty, you would concede that your argument for feelings = reality is fostered by testimony of religious authority, emotional investment, insecurities and fervent desires - the same things employed as tools of manipulation by Jim Jones, David Koresh and Marshall Applewhite.
Yeah and you should be ashamed of yourself for promoting stoopid and ignorance in stirring any pot of nothing but hatred (and manipulation and coniving)

Want to try some KOOL AID-I'll make a speshull cup just fer yew....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply not comprehending ... is the EPITOMY of the definition of IGNORANCE.
SO is denying ignorance of a subject...that is abject ignorance OR a psycho-socioillogocal disorder. One or the other, and sometime both.
Basing decisions on emotion only, is also the epitomy of IRRATIONALITY and ILLogic, and it when that psycho-socio ILLOGICAL and IRRATIONAL stuff filters over and starts HARMING others in any shape, fashion or form, it goes beyond UNethical-to EVIL.
And anyone that would even try to promote such-is NUTS themselves.
Let's say for example-I just help myself to your bank account, and your house too. And oh hell, you just might as well cut rocks for me for the rest of your life and not see anyting out of it... TO hell with you and your family. And if you don't like it, too bad-I'll just doze you over and harm what ever gets in the way.
Would you like that? You think INSANITY like that example is rational?
I think it's EVIL.
That which only brings harm to others is NEVER right. EVER.
Well, all this because I contend that religion is based primarily on emotion and ignorance.
The scenario you are describing are the actions of ignorance of a Tea Party Malthusian.
Are you normally this vehement when you are confused? Apparently, your sensitivities over what you feel I said has bumped you into an irrational outburst. I'm sorry? In the old days they'd just grab a witch or heretic to hang and get it out of their system. Therapeutic, cathartic, righteous.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Honor the Gods
Attis: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Crucified and Resurrected after Three Days
HAPPY EASTER
That's nice you wished everyone such, be a shame to have to declare all such related type stuff null and void.
No Martin Luther King day, no fourth of July, no Veterans day etc etc.

What a "nothing" non-culture that would be!
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, all this because I contend that religion is based primarily on emotion and ignorance.
The scenario you are describing are the actions of ignorance of a Tea Party Malthusian.
Are you normally this vehement when you are confused? Apparently, your sensitivities over what you feel I said has bumped you into an irrational outburst. I'm sorry? In the old days they'd just grab a witch or heretic to hang and get it out of their system. Therapeutic, cathartic, righteous.
I think to some degrees, some "doctrines" have good and viable place.

The ones that give us ethics and right directions.

Are you normally this this plate passing when someone confronts you and calls you out on your BS?

Too bad. Pardon my ETHICS and Spare me your whiney emotion riden weligion is baduh wahwahwah. I learnt 'em partly in a skewl of one, and I don't care if yew don't like my GOODuh...and you just better keep yer warped dark age, heraparasiTic hater zombies away from my PITCHFORK. So there.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
I hear some freaks believe that the garden of edon is in Minnesota
Ecobubbles are cool!!!!
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Reading this post did a lot of physical damage to my brain.
I won't re-tread. Other posters have already pointed out your phenomenal fallacy. But I just have to stand back in wondrous awe at your claim that "they found noah's ark".
You couldn't have said "they found Santa Claus" and made me laugh any harder.
Tsk

According to historical texts--Santa Claus WAS a real person too-just like that guy Jesus.

But you'd have to non-ignorantly read some cultural religious history to realize it.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it should. That's what's wrong with our people now. God has been removed
That's still NO excuse for treating others badly, or harming them in any way.

NONE whatsoever.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed, fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
;)
Too not fear that which should be held in some regard of respect, is just nuts, ignorant and with out common sense.

That is why Red Cross swimming courses teach a healthy regard for water SAFETY. Fear that which lurks and be aware.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Apology accepted.

But ahm serious about those luna-parasiTic socio-illogically sick hater types.

There's no reason for that chit whatsoever.

It's not anyone else's fault but their own that they have to reap the years of bad choices THEY made, while the rest of us were doing elsewise.

And don't make me break out the ant and the grasshopper books.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,621 - 93,640 of128,016
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

58 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DITCH MITCH 144,948
Becky and Richard hicks 18 min Sorry Bible 7
verna warren 37 min would like to know 3
KC Basketball Coach 1 hr KC Fan 66
verna warren 2 hr would like to know 1
looking for a mini pot belly pig 2 hr har 1
Huge yard sale 3 hr Tiff 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 15 hr Butt head 383
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs