Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,679)

Showing posts 93,561 - 93,580 of122,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
Here's an atheist most feared question.
what evidence is there behind atheism, I mean you guys always ask chritians for evidence, but let me ask you you're evidence.
There is plenty of evidence for Christ, since they found noah's ark, scientists found it the exact size of the ark in the bible. Also look up scientific evidence and you'll get a lot.
So now where is you're evidence. There is almost as much evidence as there is as evolution, but you atheists acted like you never heard of it.
so give you're evidence.
Now here is where I call you a liar. There has never been any thing that proves your cult.
An old sailing ship was found? Prove that it held 2 of every animal, a shroud was FAKED prove it belonged to jesus.
You want me to prove that there is no god? OK, Hubble telescope, voyager 1, the earth is round, germs, and you have to fake your evidence and lie (yes, that is proof )

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Honor the Gods
Attis: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Crucified and Resurrected after Three Days
HAPPY EASTER
The christians stole this when questioned about their god compared to other Gods

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

I hear some freaks believe that the garden of edon is in Minnesota

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
I have volunteered at the local library. I can Dewey just fine.
You might have noticed I said *MY* bookshelves if you got your head out of your a$$ once in a while.
You are so amusing. You love to critisize people that you percieve to be critisizing others.
If critisizing offends you, why are you doing it?
Why aren't you being understanding and tolerant like you keep yammering about?
You are just another troll begging for attention.
Yep, I just critisized YOU.
Well said, good post.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. The exact same could be said of the religious opinions shared on here that you completely dismiss as impossible. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it's unjustified.
And just because you believe it.......

Lmao, I noticed someone said you were a nice enough person to debate. I would disagree, I see another "haven't forgot" so much arrogance, covered with a fine coating of smugness and wanting respect, a ridiculous peacock.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
98% of them. Shouldn't be hard to find
No need to look far to find another lie of yours, 98%? 2600+ posts I've made and you have read each one? Another wrong belief? False witness? I would say typical religie thing. Your friend the sozi is proof enough of that. Heres a fact 98% of all u.s. prison inmates are religies. Hate?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I'm popping popcorn. It's fun watching you
She that young? Or just reliving glory days?

Just watching me, the religie whisperer. Good ole mick said it best "under my spell", Lmao.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember this? Chester?
And this proves what, I said that I hate, and?

Let me dumb it down for ya, you still won't get it, because your "special religie/topix understanding" will get in the way.
Yes, I hate.
I hate -15 degree mornings and the fire is out.
I hate colonoscopies, very much so.(I guess you love them?)
I hate when peoples lives and feedom are crushed because of ridiculous religious beliefs.
I hate what your friend the sozi stands for, ignorance.

And I really hate sunshine on my pillow, that is why I close my drapes.

Where do I say, I hate people or religie fungus, did god tell you? Full of hate, lol. Do I respect religie fungus, a big fat NO is the answer, deal with it, and stop bearing false witness.
Respect, I have zero for you, religies, religion and your kwisatz haderach, if you consider that hate, well blame your own ignorance.

Lmao, you're truly delusional and your understanding sucks.
And by your non response to the religie hate posts on here, I would also say you're a hypocrite.

See no hate just FUN, you watching?

I also hate to make long posts, grammar nazi lurks.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>How is the spirit world better? We know this world exists, we do not know any spirit world. Seems like this world would be better by virtue of being REAL.

Also, this idea that the physical world is a place to wipe your feet before entering some other world seems like a ridiculous notion. I heard someone say it sounds like a "cosmic practical joke". We're "put" here with no evidence to suggest a god, then we're expected to simply believe in one. And we aren't even given good information about which one is the real one.

You need to take the Outsider Test for Faith.

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/201...

Later, dude. At least you're a nice person to debate. Though I don't' believe you think very deeply on these topics.
I don't mean to deceive. I have thought very deeply for years about matters of faith. Sometimes I don't go into enough detail on here, maybe.
This isn't a place to just wipe your feet. This earthly experience was the next step in our progression to become more like our Father in Heaven.
Ever notice how kids don't really seem to grow up until they leave home and are free to make their own choices? Then they learn to deal with the consequences from those actions. It is very similar to this experience.

The Spirit world is where we go to await judgment day. Those that have not accepted Christ go to one part called prison. This is where the New Testament says Jesus went to teach the souls that had already passed that did not believe in Him (or have the opportunity).
Paradise is the other part of the Spirit world where Jesus told one of the thieves hanging next to Him he would go because he had believed in Christ.
As Jesus demonstrated, those that never had the chance to hear the gospel and accept it, will hear it and be given that chance. This is because God is a just God.

The reason it will be better is because Satan will not be present to lead souls astray.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
do whut wrote, "<quoted text>
I'm not talking about ordinances or cultures, or even traditions. I mean communication with God"

With the proper indoctrination and peer support someone could have the conviction that they hear "the Force" and that the Cylons are battling Buck Rogers and the Power Rangers in the Horsehead Nebula for control of the Monoliths.
There is no more evidence to believe so than there is for the Garden of Eden, the Noahic flood, the Tower of Babel, walking on water, loaves and fishes, talking animals, golden plates, Jonah's fish... yet those things are real? I dismiss them as highly, totally, extremely, thoroughly, profoundly improbable not because of a religious bias, but because THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE.

If you could be objective and display any self-honesty, you would concede that your argument for feelings = reality is fostered by testimony of religious authority, emotional investment, insecurities and fervent desires - the same things employed as tools of manipulation by Jim Jones, David Koresh and Marshall Applewhite.
I never said any of the stories of God are easy to believe. Just the opposite. It requires faith and a testimony of Jesus Christ to believe the stories of the Bible. I believe that if a God was powerful enough to create all that you are looking at, then He is powerful enough to perform everything in the scriptures. And these abnormal events are what these people experienced and passed down. I'm sure there were thousands of days where totally uninteresting things occurred too. But why write about these things?
Who would think it necessary to write "Abraham arose from his slumber and caught 6 fishes. He then cleaned them and his family ate. Then they made some clothes out of animal skins, then went back to sleep."
We are told more about the interactions with God that were out of the ordinary and the things that are necessary for salvation. Also, quite a bit about their way of life.
It absolutely takes faith to believe it. Then again, if there were no ancient ruins of an advanced civilization that built complex structures and figured out how to preserve their bodies for thousands of years, we would have a hard time believing that too. It's our nature. That's why Christ said blessed was Thomas because he saw and then believed, but more blessed are those who believe but have not seen.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>And just because you believe it.......

Lmao, I noticed someone said you were a nice enough person to debate. I would disagree, I see another "haven't forgot" so much arrogance, covered with a fine coating of smugness and wanting respect, a ridiculous peacock.
Happy Easter

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>No need to look far to find another lie of yours, 98%? 2600+ posts I've made and you have read each one? Another wrong belief? False witness? I would say typical religie thing. Your friend the sozi is proof enough of that. Heres a fact 98% of all u.s. prison inmates are religies. Hate?
No I haven't read them all, but all that I have seen say the same thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>She that young? Or just reliving glory days?

Just watching me, the religie whisperer. Good ole mick said it best "under my spell", Lmao.
I must say I didn't miss you while you were gone

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>And this proves what, I said that I hate, and?

Let me dumb it down for ya, you still won't get it, because your "special religie/topix understanding" will get in the way.
Yes, I hate.
I hate -15 degree mornings and the fire is out.
I hate colonoscopies, very much so.(I guess you love them?)
I hate when peoples lives and feedom are crushed because of ridiculous religious beliefs.
I hate what your friend the sozi stands for, ignorance.

And I really hate sunshine on my pillow, that is why I close my drapes.

Where do I say, I hate people or religie fungus, did god tell you? Full of hate, lol. Do I respect religie fungus, a big fat NO is the answer, deal with it, and stop bearing false witness.
Respect, I have zero for you, religies, religion and your kwisatz haderach, if you consider that hate, well blame your own ignorance.

Lmao, you're truly delusional and your understanding sucks.
And by your non response to the religie hate posts on here, I would also say you're a hypocrite.

See no hate just FUN, you watching?

I also hate to make long posts, grammar nazi lurks.
Walk me through how you conclude that I'm a hypocrite. I had trouble understanding your jabber.

Explain to us all again how you don't hate those with faith too. We all missed that too. I guess you call the filth you spew, love?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
Here's an atheist most feared question.
what evidence is there behind atheism, I mean you guys always ask chritians for evidence, but let me ask you you're evidence.
There is plenty of evidence for Christ, since they found noah's ark, scientists found it the exact size of the ark in the bible. Also look up scientific evidence and you'll get a lot.
So now where is you're evidence. There is almost as much evidence as there is as evolution, but you atheists acted like you never heard of it.
so give you're evidence.
Wow. Reading this post did a lot of physical damage to my brain.

I won't re-tread. Other posters have already pointed out your phenomenal fallacy. But I just have to stand back in wondrous awe at your claim that "they found noah's ark".

You couldn't have said "they found Santa Claus" and made me laugh any harder.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said any of the stories of God are easy to believe. Just the opposite. It requires faith and a testimony of Jesus Christ to believe the stories of the Bible. I believe that if a God was powerful enough to create all that you are looking at, then He is powerful enough to perform everything in the scriptures. And these abnormal events are what these people experienced and passed down. I'm sure there were thousands of days where totally uninteresting things occurred too. But why write about these things?
Who would think it necessary to write "Abraham arose from his slumber and caught 6 fishes. He then cleaned them and his family ate. Then they made some clothes out of animal skins, then went back to sleep."
We are told more about the interactions with God that were out of the ordinary and the things that are necessary for salvation. Also, quite a bit about their way of life.
It absolutely takes faith to believe it. Then again, if there were no ancient ruins of an advanced civilization that built complex structures and figured out how to preserve their bodies for thousands of years, we would have a hard time believing that too. It's our nature. That's why Christ said blessed was Thomas because he saw and then believed, but more blessed are those who believe but have not seen.
I call bull. The bible is not hard to read and is not hard to understand. What is hard about " Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.'(1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)"?
When confronted with the bible christians prove that the bible is fake by going "you dont understand the bible" (yes, I do grasp what I read) or "you can not understand the bible with out the holy spirit" BULLCRAP!
How hard is this to understand, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.(Leviticus 25:44-46 ???(oh? Things where different back then? Slavery was good then but now that WE PAGANS will not LET you own slaves it is bad?)
Come on, we are not stupid so stop trying to bullshit us.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. Reading this post did a lot of physical damage to my brain.
I won't re-tread. Other posters have already pointed out your phenomenal fallacy. But I just have to stand back in wondrous awe at your claim that "they found noah's ark".
You couldn't have said "they found Santa Claus" and made me laugh any harder.
The cult resorting to lies and fraud (hoaxes) is further proof that they know that their cult is based on lies and that they themselves are liars. How low is it that you lie to push an evil cult on to some one?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mean to deceive. I have thought very deeply for years about matters of faith. Sometimes I don't go into enough detail on here, maybe.
This isn't a place to just wipe your feet. This earthly experience was the next step in our progression to become more like our Father in Heaven.
Ever notice how kids don't really seem to grow up until they leave home and are free to make their own choices? Then they learn to deal with the consequences from those actions. It is very similar to this experience.
The Spirit world is where we go to await judgment day. Those that have not accepted Christ go to one part called prison. This is where the New Testament says Jesus went to teach the souls that had already passed that did not believe in Him (or have the opportunity).
Paradise is the other part of the Spirit world where Jesus told one of the thieves hanging next to Him he would go because he had believed in Christ.
As Jesus demonstrated, those that never had the chance to hear the gospel and accept it, will hear it and be given that chance. This is because God is a just God.
The reason it will be better is because Satan will not be present to lead souls astray.
I'm familiar with Mormon theology.

Everything you said here is either a common truism of life or an assertion about something you cannot possibly know.

That is why faith and reason are oil and water. Respectfully, I find your worldview to be limiting and dangerous. And, frankly, kind of silly. Like I said a few dozen pages ago.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm familiar with Mormon theology.
Everything you said here is either a common truism of life or an assertion about something you cannot possibly know.
That is why faith and reason are oil and water. Respectfully, I find your worldview to be limiting and dangerous. And, frankly, kind of silly. Like I said a few dozen pages ago.
But, but they have the magic book and the garden of eden is in Minnesota and it is non of the governments business how many wives they have or how old the wives are because god said so, the prophet heard him

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I had trouble understanding
I know dim wit, and that was the dumbed down religie version, but the holyhatebible never said god gave you intelligence. After all god did bitch slap his first clay religie dummies for seeking knowledge. It's not your fault that you're an idiot, god did it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,561 - 93,580 of122,688
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

36 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
lamon jones 14 min wtf 11
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min Jay 138,617
new restaurant in downtown shopping center 54 min jss 27
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Mississippi Man 81,199
Kenny Turner (Dec '09) 1 hr true 6
dell sff desktop 2 hr travis 3
burgerking and walmart 3 hr fred 2
•••
•••