Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
93,561 - 93,580 of 128,893 Comments Last updated 10 min ago

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't mean to deceive. I have thought very deeply for years about matters of faith. Sometimes I don't go into enough detail on here, maybe.
This isn't a place to just wipe your feet. This earthly experience was the next step in our progression to become more like our Father in Heaven.
Ever notice how kids don't really seem to grow up until they leave home and are free to make their own choices? Then they learn to deal with the consequences from those actions. It is very similar to this experience.
The Spirit world is where we go to await judgment day. Those that have not accepted Christ go to one part called prison. This is where the New Testament says Jesus went to teach the souls that had already passed that did not believe in Him (or have the opportunity).
Paradise is the other part of the Spirit world where Jesus told one of the thieves hanging next to Him he would go because he had believed in Christ.
As Jesus demonstrated, those that never had the chance to hear the gospel and accept it, will hear it and be given that chance. This is because God is a just God.
The reason it will be better is because Satan will not be present to lead souls astray.
I'm familiar with Mormon theology.

Everything you said here is either a common truism of life or an assertion about something you cannot possibly know.

That is why faith and reason are oil and water. Respectfully, I find your worldview to be limiting and dangerous. And, frankly, kind of silly. Like I said a few dozen pages ago.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm familiar with Mormon theology.
Everything you said here is either a common truism of life or an assertion about something you cannot possibly know.
That is why faith and reason are oil and water. Respectfully, I find your worldview to be limiting and dangerous. And, frankly, kind of silly. Like I said a few dozen pages ago.
But, but they have the magic book and the garden of eden is in Minnesota and it is non of the governments business how many wives they have or how old the wives are because god said so, the prophet heard him

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I had trouble understanding
I know dim wit, and that was the dumbed down religie version, but the holyhatebible never said god gave you intelligence. After all god did bitch slap his first clay religie dummies for seeking knowledge. It's not your fault that you're an idiot, god did it.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I call bull. The bible is not hard to read and is not hard to understand. What is hard about " Do not spare him, but kill men and women, children and infants, oxen and sheep, camels and asses.'(1 Samuel 15:2-3 NAB)"?
When confronted with the bible christians prove that the bible is fake by going "you dont understand the bible" (yes, I do grasp what I read) or "you can not understand the bible with out the holy spirit" BULLCRAP!
How hard is this to understand, you may purchase male or female slaves from among the foreigners who live among you. You may also purchase the children of such resident foreigners, including those who have been born in your land. You may treat them as your property, passing them on to your children as a permanent inheritance. You may treat your slaves like this, but the people of Israel, your relatives, must never be treated this way.(Leviticus 25:44-46 ???(oh? Things where different back then? Slavery was good then but now that WE PAGANS will not LET you own slaves it is bad?)
Come on, we are not stupid so stop trying to bullshit us.
I didn't say the Bible was hard to understand. Nor did I mention any of what you are talking about.

But since you brought it up, slavery was different then. Slavery happened when someone owed a man a debt. They were not treated like slaves that resemble the terrible stories that we have heard on our own soil (most of the time).
As far as the killing of women and children, are you talking about king Saul?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I'm familiar with Mormon theology.

I'm just telling you what I believe to be true. I don't find it silly.
My worldview stretches much further, I assure you. Why do you think me a simpleton?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>But, but they have the magic book and the garden of eden is in Minnesota and it is non of the governments business how many wives they have or how old the wives are because god said so, the prophet heard him
None of what you just said resembles Mormonism

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I know dim wit, and that was the dumbed down religie version, but the holyhatebible never said god gave you intelligence. After all god did bitch slap his first clay religie dummies for seeking knowledge. It's not your fault that you're an idiot, god did it.
Thank you for enlightening me. You must be talking on a higher level that I just can't comprehend.

I hope you picked up on the sarcasm. I basted it on pretty thick.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>But since you brought it up, slavery was different then. Slavery happened when someone owed a man a debt.

Sooooo, the myth should be, the israelites owed egypt a debt and became their slaves and god told them to not pay their debt and run, lmao, you may be a GenuineChristian†.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you think me a simpleton?
Hmmm, religie.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>You must be talking on a higher level that I just can't comprehend.
I know, I try to dumb it down for you, hell you religies are into burning bushes and donkeys talking, must be tough on you religious nuts to talk to intelligent life forms.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Sooooo, the myth should be, the israelites owed egypt a debt and became their slaves and god told them to not pay their debt and run, lmao, you may be a GenuineChristian†.
Wasn't speaking of Egyptian slavery. I thought you could follow that since you are so much smarter

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I know, I try to dumb it down for you, hell you religies are into burning bushes and donkeys talking, must be tough on you religious nuts to talk to intelligent life forms.
I'll let you know how it goes when I find one.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't speaking of Egyptian slavery. I thought you could follow that since you are so much smarter
O, thats right the egyptians were not of biblical times, come on dim wit you can do better.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate kind thoughts. So thank you.

But you dodged my entire post. I'm giving you the reason I do not believe in any gods. It is a rational reason. If the only answer to it is to "have faith" then there is no answer to it.

Faith is lack of reason. I want reality, not fairy tales.
Oh this is def reality. R u afraid to seek? Maybe afraid of the truth. Your problem not mine. It's not up to me to prove to you my God is real. I live life daily with Him. He will show you. I'm not dodging anything. I have no need lol. I cannot deny my truth can u deny yours?

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let you know how it goes when I find one.
Lets not beat around the burning bush, you're not gonna recognize intelligent life, it's reeeaaaallllll.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>You think Yahweh reads Topix?
And you are wishing him a "happy easter?"
Really?
Personally I think anyone who would intentionally murder their son is in need of psychiatric care.
The same may be said of those who would "worship" such a creature.
You are such a sad creature.
If you dont want the love you certainly will never have it. He knows everything. He knew you before you were formed in your mothers womb. He knew you would deny Him yet He still loves you. That's love. Well another example. You don't offend me in any way. I feel bad for all of you.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

Believe In The Bible wrote:
The Bible should be taught in public schools
Yes it should. That's what's wrong with our people now. God has been removed

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kind of interesting that the first thing Adam and Eve did after eating the fruit of knowledge was realize they were naked and needed to cover up. Doesn't seem like much but a few chapters over you have angels coming down and raping the women.
Kind of makes you think God's original purpose for man was to run around naked so he could watch. Kind of creepy if you ask me.
Yep.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

Judged:

aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>Ziiiiip......
That was the sound of irony passing by you.

The whole "resurrection" story is just a metaphor for Spring.
So.....Happy Spring!

By the way, you do know how the date for "easter" is reckoned, right?
Praise God. Praise Jesus. TY for my rescue. I will always love You and won't deny You. THANK YOU FOR RESURRECTION DAY! My SAVIOUR
MY SAVIOUR. BLOOD of JESUS

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>O, thats right the egyptians were not of biblical times, come on dim wit you can do better.
Jewish slavery is what I was speaking of. Keep up with me here. When Jews owed a debt they could not repay, they became a slave to the lender until paid off. Egyptians enslaved Hebrews like they were a lower life form. See the difference Mensa man?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

97 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Elmer at Creek mart 14 min Disgusted 10
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min positronium 146,761
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr Sisterlovenpoofy 1,023
Chris fisher 1 hr Toby 2
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr YAS 26,205
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr pissypoofer 16,124
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr poofylover 81,560
Marlena cox 3 hr Right 41
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder Sun sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••