Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,593

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97998 Apr 1, 2013
old poop wrote:
<quoted text>Try a Gutenburg or a new world translation. King james wasn't even a christian, and many things were altered for his political purposes and by lack of knowledge. 30,000 errors have been found in it. It is a very new translation with information dating back to only about 1277. Scrolls exist today dating back to about 4 AD.
Actually 96% of the KJV came from the Geneva Bible. It was very accurate from what still remained.

Location hidden

#97999 Apr 1, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

How can you say "the sons of God" were men when he uses the word "men" right afterwards. Verse 2 is talking about two different people and the sons of God were the angels. That's why they took whatever women they wanted and had giant babies (Nephilims)which wouldn't of happened if they were just normal men.

Have you read the book of Enoch? It use to be part of the bible until man decided to take it out. It explains it more detail. Kind of reads like an alien invasion but that's kind of like the bible anyway.
I believe the Bible so far as it is translated correctly. I do not believe the translation that these were angels is correct.
Spirits do not have bodies. Since I believe we were all spirits that existed before the formation of this earth, and that one of the main purposes of coming here was to gain a physical body to become more like the Father, angels would not have bodies (yet). As we would have been angels at one point waiting for our time on this earth.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#98000 Apr 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
We differ here. I believe that a God powerful enough to create the universe and all that is in it, could easily produce rain, make Balaam's donkey speak, part the Red Sea, keep a bush from being consumed by fire, etc.
Yet he can not keep some freak from beating a child (to death)???
GWB

Roseville, CA

#98001 Apr 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the time it just says angels. No mention of gender.
I doubt we will be naked in heaven. All mention of angels or Christ always indicates robes.
Adam and Eve were naked for the same reason babies are born naked.
It would be to much of a temptation to be naked and create desire for sex in heaven and sin, they needed robes. Parents provided clothing for babies, yet God does not provide clothing for full grown humans, just be naked an innocent about there role filling the earth.

You can say God then wanted all mankind naked if adam and eve had not disobeyed God by allowing Satan to mislead them. Adam would had to sleep on the couch if he had not gone alone with what eve wanted.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98002 Apr 1, 2013
Hearing about how mormons believe that they are the master race because they are direct descendent's of the jewish people and how a girl should get married as soon as she has a menstrual cycle from a mormon and then having some one here say "oh we dont do that" I have to decide whom to believe.
Since the mormons I know both have 14 year old daughters that had a wedding in the LDS church here and their husbands live with them and her family..........

Location hidden

#98003 Apr 1, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>According to the bible nothing is impossible with God. So in a earthly fleshly body instead of appearing as just a bright talking star could be what happen. When during the pre flood world did God take away the rebelling angels powers?

Now the freewill part. God did not remove freewill from the angels and did not stop them from rebelling. Why, because the angels wanted to have sex with women and breed their own kind.

As you claimed the humans once had a spiritual bodies and place on earth as fleshly beings, having sex together. The angels wanted sex also along with their power and end their slavery to God.

Nowhere in the today's modern bible does it say that angels never desired women or men for that matter , just that they were not given in marriage in heaven. Even the fear of God could not stop them.

g

Where in the bible does it say that angels do not desire women or not have passion?
I don't believe they can take bodies for themselves. But I will study this more and get back with you.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98004 Apr 1, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be to much of a temptation to be naked and create desire for sex in heaven and sin, they needed robes. Parents provided clothing for babies, yet God does not provide clothing for full grown humans, just be naked an innocent about there role filling the earth.
You can say God then wanted all mankind naked if adam and eve had not disobeyed God by allowing Satan to mislead them. Adam would had to sleep on the couch if he had not gone alone with what eve wanted.
So you are saying that the christian cult's god wanted them ignorant servants and Satan talked them in to having free will by eating of the fruit of knowledge?
We should all thank Satan for that gift and see the christian cult's god as the evil people who worship hate, violence and blood

Location hidden

#98005 Apr 1, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yet he can not keep some freak from beating a child (to death)???
Sure He could. And none of us understand why He does not intervene on a tragedy such as that. All we know is that the punishment for doing so is among the worst imaginable.
TheIndependentMa jority

Glenpool, OK

#98006 Apr 1, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
CM wrote:
With the proper indoctrination and peer support someone could have the conviction that they hear "the Force" and that the Cylons are battling Buck Rogers and the Power Rangers in the Horsehead Nebula for control of the Monoliths.
There is no more evidence to believe so than there is for the Garden of Eden, the Noahic flood, the Tower of Babel, walking on water, loaves and fishes, talking animals, golden plates, Jonah's fish... yet those things are real? I dismiss them as highly, totally, extremely, thoroughly, profoundly improbable not because of a religious bias, but because THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE.
If you could be objective and display any self-honesty, you would concede that your argument for feelings = reality is fostered by testimony of religious authority, emotional investment, insecurities and fervent desires - the same things employed as tools of manipulation by Jim Jones, David Koresh and Marshall Applewhite.
How do you construe that these statements SUPPORT "warped dark age, heraparasiTic hater zombies?"
I think that the Deuteronomic and Mosaic Laws - along with their predecessors and counterparts in other cultures - were indispensable in promoting civilization among the tribes of the "wilderness". I do not contend that any of them are the works and words of Gods. I think that a longing to fill an emotional hole is what drives religion and "dark age" ignorance. There is nothing wrong with perpetuating a code of ethics and moral laws as long as they are not adhered to simply for the sake of dogma, authoritarianism and tradition. That (and NOT the eternal life fairy tale) might well be the most important lesson of Jesus.
YOu got lucky this time-I lost interest instantly with the-
... Buck Rogers and the Power Rangers in the Horsehead Nebula for control of the Monoliths....blahblahblah for kiddiebrains bullchit.

S0 I just vaguely skimmed the rest of your post.

I agree-no one should try and PUSH others into doing anyting they don't want to.

That constitutes control-freakish commieTICs ...to which some of us sayz...

EWE....shove your damn potus dictaorstyle pea eating commands up your own arse of ignorance.

Cause some of the REST of us --do NOT like peas.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98007 Apr 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure He could. And none of us understand why He does not intervene on a tragedy such as that. All we know is that the punishment for doing so is among the worst imaginable.
Punishment? What punishment? They "accept jesus as their lord" and there is no more sin, just like eating pork and shell fish. Rape a child and god forgives you, they are not under the old law they are under grace.
And if your god CAN stop some one from beating a helpless child but does not he is evil.
When a group of christian boys beat a homeless man and set him on fire god did not stop it so again, evil.
You can spout love and god is good all you want but the ACTIONS say hate and evil
TruthIs

Glenpool, OK

#98008 Apr 1, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Punishment? What punishment? They "accept jesus as their lord" and there is no more sin, just like eating pork and shell fish. Rape a child and god forgives you, they are not under the old law they are under grace.
And if your god CAN stop some one from beating a helpless child but does not he is evil.
When a group of christian boys beat a homeless man and set him on fire god did not stop it so again, evil.
You can spout love and god is good all you want but the ACTIONS say hate and evil
That's why mean people that partake of vile actions just suck, and GOOD people that are AGAINST such, don't.
Really

Pittsburgh, PA

#98009 Apr 1, 2013
I can't believe in todays day and age, that people still think there is some ultimate being controlling us.
Come on and start thinking America.
To believe in a "god" is the same as saying, you are just a sheep that cant do anything for yourself.
I own a buissness and the first rule is, no bible talk, I'm open xmas easter, and if you tell me you cant work then you don't have a job.
I don't care what "god" you pray to, just not on my time.

Location hidden

#98010 Apr 1, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Being as innocent as little children, I'm not sure they would have known how to multiply. If they hadn't eaten of the tree, man may have never been. It would have been those two in Eden for eternity.

I do not think we are meant to go around naked. Not sure where you are going with that

Location hidden

#98011 Apr 1, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Hearing about how mormons believe that they are the master race because they are direct descendent's of the jewish people and how a girl should get married as soon as she has a menstrual cycle from a mormon and then having some one here say "oh we dont do that" I have to decide whom to believe.
Since the mormons I know both have 14 year old daughters that had a wedding in the LDS church here and their husbands live with them and her family..........
What is the actual name of their church? What are the surrounding circumstances? Did they get pregnant and decide to marry instead of give up the child? Provide more details please. This is nowhere near common in the LDS church
happy

United States

#98012 Apr 1, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Then all of the christians should want to die. Dont go to a Doctor just be happy as you die.
Most Christians probably have common sense, that's what Dr's are for.. Healing

“There is no god”

War, WV

#98014 Apr 1, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Most Christians probably have common sense, that's what Dr's are for.. Healing
So it is common sense to cling to life in this world than to naturaly die and be with your god?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#98018 Apr 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Being as innocent as little children, I'm not sure they would have known how to multiply. If they hadn't eaten of the tree, man may have never been. It would have been those two in Eden for eternity.
I do not think we are meant to go around naked. Not sure where you are going with that
What would be the point of having Adam and Eve with sexual organs on planet earth for all eternity? Being naked was God's idea, having sex was also God's idea. Why would God place souls in a mothers womb otherwise, just because Satan misled them?

If you were pure in heart in the Garden of Eden God would want you innocent and naked. He even says so, ""Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Matt 18:3

Then again if you were embarrassed by that you would show shame and not be as a innocent little child. I think that would be a programed function to indicate your conscious has born witness against you.

I think that Satan's plan was to change God's plan which he did, not only that, had a third of the stars"angels in heaven to help desecrate God's plan by producing hybrids called the NEPHILIM . Now Satan is the God of this world by God's own admission. I think we now all have the DNA of Satan and the fallen angels.
NO no brain washing

Wooton, KY

#98020 Apr 1, 2013
You ppl are so brain washed with religious bull crap .PPL should be allowed to make their own minds up about religion .Not be force brain washed at school .For you fools that think it will help stop the shootings .Look at how well religion has worked in keeping world peace.I do not want my child infected with primitive beliefs of an invisible man .We came from apes get over it

Location hidden

#98021 Apr 1, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Punishment? What punishment? They "accept jesus as their lord" and there is no more sin, just like eating pork and shell fish. Rape a child and god forgives you, they are not under the old law they are under grace.
Read Matthew 18

Location hidden

#98022 Apr 1, 2013
Really wrote:
I can't believe in todays day and age, that people still think there is some ultimate being controlling us.
Come on and start thinking America.
To believe in a "god" is the same as saying, you are just a sheep that cant do anything for yourself.
I own a buissness and the first rule is, no bible talk, I'm open xmas easter, and if you tell me you cant work then you don't have a job.
I don't care what "god" you pray to, just not on my time.
Haha. So you discriminate based on religion. You know that's illegal?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
megan marie rogers woolum 30 min Curious 1
moma screwer 2 hr Piggy 8
Darren k west pickup Sampson lane election signs 4 hr Neighbor 1
Darren k west come to catron ave get your signs 4 hr Ruth 4
Darren k west please pick up political signs 7 hr Please 8
Darren west pick up your Election signs PLEASE... 7 hr Please Darren 19
Darren k west clean up your signs 10 hr Jerry 8
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match