Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the Feb 10, 2010, The Courier-Journal story titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#97938 Mar 31, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.topix.com/forum/city/winchester-ky... Hmmmm, come on, maybe this will bring you back to reality. I know you are a religie maybe a GenuineChristian†, but you could actually be a TrueBeliever†, wow.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/winchester-ky...

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#97939 Mar 31, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
So crazy. So crazy. It's so SIMPLE.. Don't complicate. Don't worry b happy. Don't complicate.
Yes, I agree. Reality is simple. It simply IS right in front of your face.
There is no need for imaginary superbeings.

You are saying, "Don't look for answers, don't question, don't wonder ..Just Believe!"
You are asked simple questions but you can't defend your beliefs.

It's not complicated. I can put it all in one sentence:
IF Yahweh KNEW how people were going to NOT believe in them, why does a supposedly "loving god" allow them to be born so they will be punished eternally?
These are your claims about your deity. You know they make no sense.
happy wrote:
<quoted text> Religion also offends me. My God is AMAZING! Imaginary? R u kidding me? That's HILLARIOUS. Rofl. Honey I'm not in a mental ward. If I were to deny Him after all I have seen I would be in a mental ward teehee
Worshipping an unseen deity IS Religion. Face it.
Seeing things you didn't understand doesn't mean the myths of a bunch of primitive goatherders are true.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#97940 Mar 31, 2013
Sorry for the double post.
Topix got stuck again.
I'm sure they will fix it soon.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#97941 Mar 31, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>You do that, lol, maybe the sozi can help you. Have you ever had arrakis training? If not, how is it you claim to be one of the faithful.
Indeed, fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
;)

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97942 Mar 31, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>You do that, lol, maybe the sozi can help you. Have you ever had arrakis training? If not, how is it you claim to be one of the faithful.
Like some Dune do ya?

You seemed like such a Green Eggs And Ham guy to me

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97943 Mar 31, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>"Now it came about, when men began to multiply on the face of the land, and daughters were born to them, that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose. Then the LORD said, "My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years." The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. Those were the mighty men who were of old, men of renown."

That's what the JWs teach anyways, that angels who are called "the son's of God" had sex with the women and had giants for children. God was suppose to wipe them out during the flood but they appear later again in Numbers 13. I take it you have a different teaching than that?
I don't see that in the KJV. Sons of God are just men.
We are all sons and daughters of God. I don't even see the word Nephilim in the KJV.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#97944 Mar 31, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
Random thought when I read your post. The french word for orgasm is "La petit mort", which translates literally to "little death".:-)

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#97945 Mar 31, 2013
Objective Onlooker wrote:
<quoted text>
Random thought when I read your post. The french word for orgasm is "La petit mort", which translates literally to "little death".:-)
True. And that is why men both desire and fear women...for she will "un-man" him.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97947 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Like some Dune do ya?
Not really.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>You seemed like such a Green Eggs And Ham guy to me
Your kid fixation is sick, even for a religie.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97948 Mar 31, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
;)
The witches, I should have known.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97949 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
We are all sons and daughters of God. I don't even see the word Nephilim in the KJV.
Jesus was a man and yet a son of God. So biblical evidence would suggest yes angels can appear as men.

Note: this verse

Hebrews 13:2
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Genesis 18.2
And he lifted up his eyes and looked, and, lo, three men stood by him: and when he saw them, he ran to meet them from the tent door, and bowed himself toward the ground.

Mark 16:1-7
5 As they entered the tomb, they saw a young man dressed in a white robe sitting on the right side, and they were alarmed.

Matthew 28:2-7
2 There was a violent earthquake, for an angel of the Lord came down from heaven and, going to the tomb, rolled back the stone and sat on it.
3 His appearance was like lightning, and his clothes were white as snow.
4 The guards were so afraid of him that they shook and became like dead men.
5 The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid, for I know that you are looking for Jesus, who was crucified.
6 He is not here; he has risen, just as he said. Come and see the place where he lay.

Sons of God could mean angels or men it seems depending on the context.

So it could be said that some of the fallen angels also could have been men also from my reading.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97951 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Why were all angels in the beginning males or Sons and no women mention as angels Heaven. Why only males mentioned and not women in heaven if they are both equal?

Does God want you completely naked in heaven? Why was adam and eve made to walk around completely naked for God?
pat

Mount Ida, AR

#97952 Mar 31, 2013
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish
jane

Chicago, IL

#97953 Mar 31, 2013
pat wrote:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish
death is the birth to eternity in an indistructable body.
A-1 destroyed my home

Roanoke, VA

#97954 Apr 1, 2013
A-1 lied about repairs charged for unwanted work

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97955 Apr 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say the Bible was hard to understand. Nor did I mention any of what you are talking about.
But since you brought it up, slavery was different then. Slavery happened when someone owed a man a debt. They were not treated like slaves that resemble the terrible stories that we have heard on our own soil (most of the time).
As far as the killing of women and children, are you talking about king Saul?
Ah, dude, don't defend slavery. Its on the short list with rape and murder for obvious evils.

And you are incorrect about how the Bible talks of slavery. All the ways that Christians rationalize it away as debt repayment is mainly aimed at Jews owning Jews. Which is still an immoral situation to begin with. If you were not a Jew, none of those happy little human slavery rules applied.

It is the sign of moral bankruptcy when a man has to defend the owning of another man. The absolute removal of human rights and subjugation of a human being to another human being.

And God says it ok.

Think of this. Even in the New Testament when Paul talks about slavery he is giving instructions on HOW to do it, not giving moral guidance that it should NOT BE DONE.

It's disgusting to me. A lot of Apologists will actually defend the various genocides that God commands by claiming that the children slaughtered had it coming. How's that for Christian morality?

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97956 Apr 1, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Jewish slavery is what I was speaking of. Keep up with me here. When Jews owed a debt they could not repay, they became a slave to the lender until paid off. Egyptians enslaved Hebrews like they were a lower life form. See the difference Mensa man?
The bible verse that I posted was on jews owning non jews as slaves. See how you turn things around? It even says the slave is property that can be passed down to a son.
You have lost credibility while proving again that the christian cult knows their religion is a scam

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97957 Apr 1, 2013
jane wrote:
<quoted text>death is the birth to eternity in an indistructable body.
Then all of the christians should want to die. Dont go to a Doctor just be happy as you die.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#97958 Apr 1, 2013
They'd rather children learn propaganda about the bible than study the bible...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#97959 Apr 1, 2013
Happy Atheists day!
May you never celebrate it again!
In Jesus' Holy Name!
Amen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teacher arrested 10 min Wondering 1
Mud Slide Up Turkey Creek Rd (Mar '14) 1 hr gator 10
Fed up! 3 hr crazyjimbo 16
Lisa and Teresa Vaughn twins 5 hr Friend 4
UPS drop box in B'ville? 7 hr Answer 9
knox county detention center 11 hr Welfare Jed 41
Stacy keys and Pablo from 2 Amigos 11 hr yep 8
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE