Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 137918 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97909 Mar 31, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>But, but they have the magic book and the garden of eden is in Minnesota and it is non of the governments business how many wives they have or how old the wives are because god said so, the prophet heard him
None of what you just said resembles Mormonism

Location hidden

#97910 Mar 31, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I know dim wit, and that was the dumbed down religie version, but the holyhatebible never said god gave you intelligence. After all god did bitch slap his first clay religie dummies for seeking knowledge. It's not your fault that you're an idiot, god did it.
Thank you for enlightening me. You must be talking on a higher level that I just can't comprehend.

I hope you picked up on the sarcasm. I basted it on pretty thick.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#97911 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>But since you brought it up, slavery was different then. Slavery happened when someone owed a man a debt.

Sooooo, the myth should be, the israelites owed egypt a debt and became their slaves and god told them to not pay their debt and run, lmao, you may be a GenuineChristian†.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97912 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text> Why do you think me a simpleton?
Hmmm, religie.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97914 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>You must be talking on a higher level that I just can't comprehend.
I know, I try to dumb it down for you, hell you religies are into burning bushes and donkeys talking, must be tough on you religious nuts to talk to intelligent life forms.

Location hidden

#97915 Mar 31, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Sooooo, the myth should be, the israelites owed egypt a debt and became their slaves and god told them to not pay their debt and run, lmao, you may be a GenuineChristian†.
Wasn't speaking of Egyptian slavery. I thought you could follow that since you are so much smarter

Location hidden

#97916 Mar 31, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I know, I try to dumb it down for you, hell you religies are into burning bushes and donkeys talking, must be tough on you religious nuts to talk to intelligent life forms.
I'll let you know how it goes when I find one.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97917 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Wasn't speaking of Egyptian slavery. I thought you could follow that since you are so much smarter
O, thats right the egyptians were not of biblical times, come on dim wit you can do better.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97918 Mar 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I appreciate kind thoughts. So thank you.

But you dodged my entire post. I'm giving you the reason I do not believe in any gods. It is a rational reason. If the only answer to it is to "have faith" then there is no answer to it.

Faith is lack of reason. I want reality, not fairy tales.
Oh this is def reality. R u afraid to seek? Maybe afraid of the truth. Your problem not mine. It's not up to me to prove to you my God is real. I live life daily with Him. He will show you. I'm not dodging anything. I have no need lol. I cannot deny my truth can u deny yours?

“There is no god.”

USA

#97919 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll let you know how it goes when I find one.
Lets not beat around the burning bush, you're not gonna recognize intelligent life, it's reeeaaaallllll.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97920 Mar 31, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>You think Yahweh reads Topix?
And you are wishing him a "happy easter?"
Really?
Personally I think anyone who would intentionally murder their son is in need of psychiatric care.
The same may be said of those who would "worship" such a creature.
You are such a sad creature.
If you dont want the love you certainly will never have it. He knows everything. He knew you before you were formed in your mothers womb. He knew you would deny Him yet He still loves you. That's love. Well another example. You don't offend me in any way. I feel bad for all of you.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97921 Mar 31, 2013
Believe In The Bible wrote:
The Bible should be taught in public schools
Yes it should. That's what's wrong with our people now. God has been removed

“There is no god.”

USA

#97922 Mar 31, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kind of interesting that the first thing Adam and Eve did after eating the fruit of knowledge was realize they were naked and needed to cover up. Doesn't seem like much but a few chapters over you have angels coming down and raping the women.
Kind of makes you think God's original purpose for man was to run around naked so he could watch. Kind of creepy if you ask me.
Yep.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97923 Mar 31, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>Ziiiiip......
That was the sound of irony passing by you.

The whole "resurrection" story is just a metaphor for Spring.
So.....Happy Spring!

By the way, you do know how the date for "easter" is reckoned, right?
Praise God. Praise Jesus. TY for my rescue. I will always love You and won't deny You. THANK YOU FOR RESURRECTION DAY! My SAVIOUR
MY SAVIOUR. BLOOD of JESUS

Location hidden

#97924 Mar 31, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>O, thats right the egyptians were not of biblical times, come on dim wit you can do better.
Jewish slavery is what I was speaking of. Keep up with me here. When Jews owed a debt they could not repay, they became a slave to the lender until paid off. Egyptians enslaved Hebrews like they were a lower life form. See the difference Mensa man?
happy

Lexington, KY

#97925 Mar 31, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
Here's an atheist most feared question.

what evidence is there behind atheism, I mean you guys always ask chritians for evidence, but let me ask you you're evidence.

There is plenty of evidence for Christ, since they found noah's ark, scientists found it the exact size of the ark in the bible. Also look up scientific evidence and you'll get a lot.

So now where is you're evidence. There is almost as much evidence as there is as evolution, but you atheists acted like you never heard of it.

so give you're evidence.
Haha that's funny. They deny the evidence. No matter how many times presented. I like this tho lol. Where is your evidence?

Location hidden

#97926 Mar 31, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lets not beat around the burning bush, you're not gonna recognize intelligent life, it's reeeaaaallllll.
Hope you're right. I'll keep looking.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97927 Mar 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I know it's going to be hard for you to fathom but Atheism makes no claim... Since it makes no claims there is no evidence.... Normally a person that thinks there is no such thing as Flying Unicorns that poop glitter does not provide evidence there is no Flying Unicorns that poop glitter...

Now if I claimed there Absolutely was a Flying Unicorn that pooped glitter you could ask a Valid question about me providing evidence of it's remarkable existence..

Now for Evidence of Evolution there are vast warehouses full bones, fossils, and samples of flora and fauna from around the globe.... There are stacks of DNA evidence, there are living diversity of plants and animals, there are dozens of dating methods and racks of evidence in every library around the globe...

But First one has to Know what the Evolution means and from your post you do not show you have the Basic understanding of the theory, mechanisms involved or in fact why it is called a theory in the first place... I doubt that you would understand that Evolution would still be Valid if tomorrow aliens landed and told us they genetically implanted Modern Humans on earth 100's of 1000's of years ago...
He sounds little more wacky each time he posts. God is alive. One day in your denial you will meet Him and He will say depart from Me... You still have time to seek Him and change that
happy

Lexington, KY

#97928 Mar 31, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Now here is where I call you a liar. There has never been any thing that proves your cult.
An old sailing ship was found? Prove that it held 2 of every animal, a shroud was FAKED prove it belonged to jesus.
You want me to prove that there is no god? OK, Hubble telescope, voyager 1, the earth is round, germs, and you have to fake your evidence and lie (yes, that is proof )
It's a great made up story then isn't it? How do you think those people dreamed up that as a story? So long ago... Please... Lol
There is more evidence pointing toward a Creator now than ever before ... Where is your head? In the sand? Give us a break. Lol.

Location hidden

#97929 Mar 31, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>It's kind of interesting that the first thing Adam and Eve did after eating the fruit of knowledge was realize they were naked and needed to cover up. Doesn't seem like much but a few chapters over you have angels coming down and raping the women.

Kind of makes you think God's original purpose for man was to run around naked so he could watch. Kind of creepy if you ask me.
What are you talking about? I don't remember angels raping women. Can you provide a verse?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scotty Powell selling pot wide open !!!!! 10 min hates noesy rat-f... 4
divorce lawyer 21 min Stanley 2
tess fisher (Nov '10) 3 hr gim 5
Thompson park splash pad OPEN !!! 3 hr T gray 11
AMAZING Knox Co. Video. 4 hr guillible 1
Anna Gail Collins 9 hr for sure 5
Anybody know David Allen smith? (Jul '13) 10 hr Love is in the air 25
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE