Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,399

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#97868 Mar 31, 2013
Once I was like that blind man,
my way I could not see!
At an alter, I cried "Jesus hear my plea"!
Remove these shades of darkness, so that
I might see my way, and as I came up from the alter...
You could clearly hear me say...
"This I Know, This I know,
I once was Blind, but now I see!
Thank you Jesus!
To all of you out there...
I pray this for you, that you Will See!
Happy Resurrection Day!
Amen!
happy

Lexington, KY

#97869 Mar 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
my way I could not see!
Thank you Jesus!
Happy Resurrection Day!
Amen!
Amen! Happy Resurrection Day!
God open their eyes and ears so they to can hear and see the truth
May Your will be done. In Jesus name.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97870 Mar 31, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat repeat repeat. STUDY GODS WORD... Ask for God to reveal the TRUTH to You.. Are you afraid of the truth? He is alive honey. He is real. Don't b afraid. ASK. Then you will have YOUR proof. Simple. The God we speak of is very much ALIVE!
ASK SEEK
God bless
I appreciate kind thoughts. So thank you.

But you dodged my entire post. I'm giving you the reason I do not believe in any gods. It is a rational reason. If the only answer to it is to "have faith" then there is no answer to it.

Faith is lack of reason. I want reality, not fairy tales.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#97871 Mar 31, 2013
happy wrote:
Thank You God for Your Son. Thank You for loving us so much that Your own Son paid our debt. What an unselfish act of LOVE. I love you.
Thank you for taking care of my family. I am blessed in many ways. Thank you for the strength You give me in these trials we face. Without Your strength, I would never make it. Thank you for Your guidance and protection. You amaze me all the time! Today I ask for nothing, I simply praise You for being You. Thank you that You stay the same,
Thank You for loving me, thank You for my rescue. May Your will be done.
Happy Easter
You think Yahweh reads Topix?
And you are wishing him a "happy easter?"
Really?
Personally I think anyone who would intentionally murder their son is in need of psychiatric care.
The same may be said of those who would "worship" such a creature.
Believe In The Bible

Campbellsville, KY

#97872 Mar 31, 2013
The Bible should be taught in public schools

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#97873 Mar 31, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
It is "amazingly simple" even a child understands. God bless you! HAPPY EASTER! PRAISE GOD! The grave couldn't hold Him!
Ziiiiip......
That was the sound of irony passing by you.

The whole "resurrection" story is just a metaphor for Spring.
So.....Happy Spring!

By the way, you do know how the date for "easter" is reckoned, right?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97874 Mar 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>This sounds to me like a world in which no God exists. How is this picture of reality different from the reality of an atheist?

Also, why does God get the glory for creating everything but he gets off the hook for bad things that happen?

Let's move away from the realm of free will. Let's not use rape as an example. Instead, let's use a tsunami.

In the 2004 Thailand tsunami over 227,000 people were killed. That number certainly included all kinds of people from infancy to old age. Here's a snippet from the Wiki article on the subject:

“Relief agencies report that one-third of the dead appear to be children. This is a result of the high proportion of children in the populations of many of the affected regions and because children were the least able to resist being overcome by the surging waters.”

If you think about the horror of tens of thousands of children being washed away it is impossible to then imagine a loving, omnipotent god. I mean, sure, you can imagine some kind of deity watching his handiwork unfold, but not the kind of deity any decent human being should be paying homage to.

Anyway, this is an impossible question to answer. I realize. I'm just pointing out the absurdidty of belief in a loving Christian deity in a world where we have murder, rape, and natural disasters on a daily basis. Instead, this is the exactly the kind of world you should expect to see if there was no god in it.

And that is why I don't have a belief in any gods.
The rain falls on the just and the unjust.
Like I said before, this earthly visit is just a snippet of time in our eternal existence. Since the main purposes of us coming here is to receive a body and have our faith tested, maybe some are so righteous they do not need to be tested. Remember that even the Spirit world is better than this existence. Though it is sad when we lose a loved one, we will see them again.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97875 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The rain falls on the just and the unjust.
Like I said before, this earthly visit is just a snippet of time in our eternal existence. Since the main purposes of us coming here is to receive a body and have our faith tested, maybe some are so righteous they do not need to be tested. Remember that even the Spirit world is better than this existence. Though it is sad when we lose a loved one, we will see them again.
How is the spirit world better? We know this world exists, we do not know any spirit world. Seems like this world would be better by virtue of being REAL.

Also, this idea that the physical world is a place to wipe your feet before entering some other world seems like a ridiculous notion. I heard someone say it sounds like a "cosmic practical joke". We're "put" here with no evidence to suggest a god, then we're expected to simply believe in one. And we aren't even given good information about which one is the real one.

You need to take the Outsider Test for Faith.

http://debunkingchristianity.blogspot.com/201...

Later, dude. At least you're a nice person to debate. Though I don't' believe you think very deeply on these topics.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97876 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha. The exact same could be said of the religious opinions shared on here that you completely dismiss as impossible. Just because you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it's unjustified.
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about ordinances or cultures, or even traditions. I mean communication with God
With the proper indoctrination and peer support someone could have the conviction that they hear "the Force" and that the Cylons are battling Buck Rogers and the Power Rangers in the Horsehead Nebula for control of the Monoliths.
There is no more evidence to believe so than there is for the Garden of Eden, the Noahic flood, the Tower of Babel, walking on water, loaves and fishes, talking animals, golden plates, Jonah's fish... yet those things are real? I dismiss them as highly, totally, extremely, thoroughly, profoundly improbable not because of a religious bias, but because THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE.

If you could be objective and display any self-honesty, you would concede that your argument for feelings = reality is fostered by testimony of religious authority, emotional investment, insecurities and fervent desires - the same things employed as tools of manipulation by Jim Jones, David Koresh and Marshall Applewhite.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#97877 Mar 31, 2013
Here's an atheist most feared question.

what evidence is there behind atheism, I mean you guys always ask chritians for evidence, but let me ask you you're evidence.

There is plenty of evidence for Christ, since they found noah's ark, scientists found it the exact size of the ark in the bible. Also look up scientific evidence and you'll get a lot.

So now where is you're evidence. There is almost as much evidence as there is as evolution, but you atheists acted like you never heard of it.

so give you're evidence.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#97878 Mar 31, 2013
Happy Easter to all!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#97881 Mar 31, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
what evidence is there behind atheism, I mean you guys always ask chritians for evidence, but let me ask you you're evidence.
There is plenty of evidence for Christ, since they found noah's ark, scientists found it the exact size of the ark in the bible. Also look up scientific evidence and you'll get a lot.
So now where is you're evidence. There is almost as much evidence as there is as evolution, but you atheists acted like you never heard of it.
so give you're evidence.
I know it's going to be hard for you to fathom but Atheism makes no claim... Since it makes no claims there is no evidence.... Normally a person that thinks there is no such thing as Flying Unicorns that poop glitter does not provide evidence there is no Flying Unicorns that poop glitter...

Now if I claimed there Absolutely was a Flying Unicorn that pooped glitter you could ask a Valid question about me providing evidence of it's remarkable existence..

Now for Evidence of Evolution there are vast warehouses full bones, fossils, and samples of flora and fauna from around the globe.... There are stacks of DNA evidence, there are living diversity of plants and animals, there are dozens of dating methods and racks of evidence in every library around the globe...

But First one has to Know what the Evolution means and from your post you do not show you have the Basic understanding of the theory, mechanisms involved or in fact why it is called a theory in the first place... I doubt that you would understand that Evolution would still be Valid if tomorrow aliens landed and told us they genetically implanted Modern Humans on earth 100's of 1000's of years ago...
So true

Franklin, KY

#97882 Mar 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
my way I could not see!
Thank you Jesus!
Happy Resurrection Day!
Amen!
thank you, happy Easter as well.. Been a couple of dark places lately, where my thoughts were not clear. God knows our hearts so may I follow him and what he has put in mine.. The one who will always be only a prayer awAy. No matter how alone I feel , he is there , at times I just forgt to talk to him.. Blessings all.,
So true

Franklin, KY

#97883 Mar 31, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Happy Easter to all!
to you as we'll..
So true

Franklin, KY

#97884 Mar 31, 2013
No one can go back and start a new beginning , but we all can start today and make a new ending... Thanks be.,
So true

Franklin, KY

#97885 Mar 31, 2013
May you have the spirit if Easter, which is peace, the gladness of Easter which is joy, and the heart of Easter which is love..
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97886 Mar 31, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Happy Easter to all!
Honor the Gods

Attis: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Crucified and Resurrected after Three Days

HAPPY EASTER

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97887 Mar 31, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
so give you're evidence.
Now here is where I call you a liar. There has never been any thing that proves your cult.
An old sailing ship was found? Prove that it held 2 of every animal, a shroud was FAKED prove it belonged to jesus.
You want me to prove that there is no god? OK, Hubble telescope, voyager 1, the earth is round, germs, and you have to fake your evidence and lie (yes, that is proof )

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97888 Mar 31, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Honor the Gods
Attis: Born of a Virgin on December 25th, Crucified and Resurrected after Three Days
HAPPY EASTER
The christians stole this when questioned about their god compared to other Gods

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97889 Mar 31, 2013
I hear some freaks believe that the garden of edon is in Minnesota

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Teresa Gray 20 min John 5
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 34 min Artemus Girl 29
kevin smith, will you win 57 min Sue 3
Tax Petition 1 hr Voter 20
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 1 hr Sting 73
Indictments 1 hr Baker fan 77
Mike Warren embezzled money? 1 hr nocrook 18
If McGhee is this dirty in Campaign, Imagine on... 2 hr curious 22
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 12 hr Door knob 72

Freeze Watch for Knox County was issued at October 30 at 3:27PM EDT