Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,966

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#97851 Mar 30, 2013
The EaterBunny wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not ever try to sort books in a public library. Based upon your nothing-of your own interpretation, you'd FAIL miserably trying to do so, as it's obviously OUT of your realm of comprehension and tolerance.
I have volunteered at the local library. I can Dewey just fine.
You might have noticed I said *MY* bookshelves if you got your head out of your a$$ once in a while.

You are so amusing. You love to critisize people that you percieve to be critisizing others.
If critisizing offends you, why are you doing it?
Why aren't you being understanding and tolerant like you keep yammering about?

You are just another troll begging for attention.

Yep, I just critisized YOU.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#97852 Mar 30, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
The Dallas Morning News reported that many were angry about how little was done.
Gilyard's next stop was Victory Baptist Church in Richardson, Texas, where “at least 4 women” made accusations against him. As reported in the Dallas Morning News, one woman said she was “raped.”
Gilyard was allowed to resign from Victory Baptist after confessing to “several adulterous relationships.” That was the description Paige Patterson gave to Gilyard’s conduct, as quoted in the Dallas Morning News. It was "the fourth time in four years" that Gilyard had been "forced to walk away from a congregation."
The morning after Gilyard’s resignation, Paige Patterson also described Gilyard as one of the “most brilliant men in the pulpit.”
Just two weeks later, Darrell Gilyard was preaching in the pulpit of another church.
In 1993, Darrell Gilyard became pastor of Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida. Gilyard was encouraged by former Southern Baptist president Jerry Vines, who “agreed to forgive” Gilyard for his “out-of-state troubles.” Reportedly, Vines also gave credence to Gilyard by speaking from the pulpit of Gilyard’s church.
Now, finally, Gilyard faces trial in Florida on criminal charges of child molestation and lewd conduct.
Consider how many have likely been hurt. Based on published news accounts, 42 women made accusations against Gilyard. Some of them were mere college students.Now 2 underage teen girls have reported Gilyard. That’s a total of 44.
And that’s just the ones we know about. How many more were so traumatized that they stayed silent?
Yet, even in the face of so many published accusations,“Gilyard is said to be preaching and teaching at another church in Jacksonville.”
So where are the voices of Paige Patterson and Jerry Vines now? These two former Southern Baptist presidents were plenty willing to use their powerful voices to promoteGilyard. Why aren’t they now willing to use their powerful voices to get Gilyard out of the pulpit?
Why aren’t there other Southern Baptist leaders who are speaking up?
Why isn’t anyone in Southern Baptist leadership willing to take a stand and say how wrong it is to allow Gilyard in the pulpit?
Why isn’t anyone in Southern Baptist leadership willing to take a stand on behalf of the 44 known wounded women and girls? Aren’t 44 enough?
How many does it take?
Come on, SP. You know the answer to that one.
"Christians aren't perfect. They are forgiven."

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97853 Mar 30, 2013
Here is the bottom line, christians do not want to let others be free in their religion. They condemn other religions and try to deny others the same rights they have.
Then when people fight back they cry about how we are treating them even though it is the same way they treat others.
So you believe you have to tell others about jesus? Well when they tell you they are not interested or do not believe DROP IT and RESPECT their right to not belong to your cult.
So many christians are crying that their cult is being attacked when people are just fighting fire with fire, how about how you freaks attack every one else? HUH?
Stop crying about being treated as you have treated others. What is the golden rule? HUH? WHAT IS THE GOLDEN RULE!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97854 Mar 30, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on, SP. You know the answer to that one.
"Christians aren't perfect. They are forgiven."
Wait, isn't that what gay people are? Not perfect, they are forgiven? I thought that gay people are not under the old law, they are under "grace".
Oh, that is only for the special christians right? They have special fu ck ing rules for themselves.
Pisses me off, makes me want to start a big bon fire and toss a few of them in it (or feed them to the lions)
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97855 Mar 30, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Wait, isn't that what gay people are? Not perfect, they are forgiven? I thought that gay people are not under the old law, they are under "grace".
Oh, that is only for the special christians right? They have special fu ck ing rules for themselves.
Pisses me off, makes me want to start a big bon fire and toss a few of them in it (or feed them to the lions)
Religion seems to morph to appease the followers, JW's were told that they would be not marrying or having sex after Armageddon, now to please the followers watchtower said new light from God and now they can hump for the next thousand years after Armageddon.

It is a paradox in religion they teach you will be like angels with no gender then change as time goes by when expectations of the end of time has not come as once believed. I think you can find in historical data that it has been so with most religious beliefs.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97856 Mar 30, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Many people have pointed out that I am a religious nut, some even call my religion a cult.
True, but my religion does not pry in to others personal life, does not violate others rights,(unless you are violating my rights) we do not harm anything for any reason other than survival and we are kind and good.
The christian cult is the opposite of us, they are evil, judging others, condemning others, prying where they have no business, killing and raping evil
The people you speak of are def not followers of Jesus
happy

Lexington, KY

#97857 Mar 30, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
The Dallas Morning News reported that many were angry about how little was done.

Gilyard's next stop was Victory Baptist Church in Richardson, Texas, where “at least 4 women” made accusations against him. As reported in the Dallas Morning News, one woman said she was “raped.”

Gilyard was allowed to resign from Victory Baptist after confessing to “several adulterous relationships.” That was the description Paige Patterson gave to Gilyard’s conduct, as quoted in the Dallas Morning News. It was "the fourth time in four years" that Gilyard had been "forced to walk away from a congregation."

The morning after Gilyard’s resignation, Paige Patterson also described Gilyard as one of the “most brilliant men in the pulpit.”

Just two weeks later, Darrell Gilyard was preaching in the pulpit of another church.

In 1993, Darrell Gilyard became pastor of Shiloh Metropolitan Baptist Church in Jacksonville, Florida. Gilyard was encouraged by former Southern Baptist president Jerry Vines, who “agreed to forgive” Gilyard for his “out-of-state troubles.” Reportedly, Vines also gave credence to Gilyard by speaking from the pulpit of Gilyard’s church.

Now, finally, Gilyard faces trial in Florida on criminal charges of child molestation and lewd conduct.

Consider how many have likely been hurt. Based on published news accounts, 42 women made accusations against Gilyard. Some of them were mere college students.Now 2 underage teen girls have reported Gilyard. ThatÂ’s a total of 44.

And thatÂ’s just the ones we know about. How many more were so traumatized that they stayed silent?

Yet, even in the face of so many published accusations,“Gilyard is said to be preaching and teaching at another church in Jacksonville.”

So where are the voices of Paige Patterson and Jerry Vines now? These two former Southern Baptist presidents were plenty willing to use their powerful voices to promoteGilyard. Why arenÂ’t they now willing to use their powerful voices to get Gilyard out of the pulpit?

Why arenÂ’t there other Southern Baptist leaders who are speaking up?

Why isnÂ’t anyone in Southern Baptist leadership willing to take a stand and say how wrong it is to allow Gilyard in the pulpit?

Why isnÂ’t anyone in Southern Baptist leadership willing to take a stand on behalf of the 44 known wounded women and girls? ArenÂ’t 44 enough?

How many does it take?
Wrong for sure. Sick. Using God as a cover . Satan knows Gods words.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#97858 Mar 30, 2013
"The people you speak of are def not followers of Jesus,"
says happy.
----------

Remember that line, SP. You can use it the next time Yaa starts ranting about how "Satanists" kill animals and hurt children.
You can just tell Yaa, "The people you speak of are def not followers of Satan."

**And that makes it a fact!"
Amazingly simple, isn't it?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97859 Mar 31, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. Sometimes He does. Sometimes He does not. We all have different challenges. Sometimes we or a loved one go through things so we learn something, or to prepare us for something in the future. As I said, God doesn't get involved in every human act. We all wish bad things didn't happen, such as accidents, but rapes and murders are not God's fault. The only fault here are the monsters that orchestrate the act.
This sounds to me like a world in which no God exists. How is this picture of reality different from the reality of an atheist?

Also, why does God get the glory for creating everything but he gets off the hook for bad things that happen?

Let's move away from the realm of free will. Let's not use rape as an example. Instead, let's use a tsunami.

In the 2004 Thailand tsunami over 227,000 people were killed. That number certainly included all kinds of people from infancy to old age. Here's a snippet from the Wiki article on the subject:

“Relief agencies report that one-third of the dead appear to be children. This is a result of the high proportion of children in the populations of many of the affected regions and because children were the least able to resist being overcome by the surging waters.”

If you think about the horror of tens of thousands of children being washed away it is impossible to then imagine a loving, omnipotent god. I mean, sure, you can imagine some kind of deity watching his handiwork unfold, but not the kind of deity any decent human being should be paying homage to.

Anyway, this is an impossible question to answer. I realize. I'm just pointing out the absurdidty of belief in a loving Christian deity in a world where we have murder, rape, and natural disasters on a daily basis. Instead, this is the exactly the kind of world you should expect to see if there was no god in it.

And that is why I don't have a belief in any gods.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97860 Mar 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
This sounds to me like a world in which no God exists. How is this picture of reality different from the reality of an atheist?
Also, why does God get the glory for creating everything but he gets off the hook for bad things that happen?
Let's move away from the realm of free will. Let's not use rape as an example. Instead, let's use a tsunami.
In the 2004 Thailand tsunami over 227,000 people were killed. That number certainly included all kinds of people from infancy to old age. Here's a snippet from the Wiki article on the subject:
“Relief agencies report that one-third of the dead appear to be children. This is a result of the high proportion of children in the populations of many of the affected regions and because children were the least able to resist being overcome by the surging waters.”
If you think about the horror of tens of thousands of children being washed away it is impossible to then imagine a loving, omnipotent god. I mean, sure, you can imagine some kind of deity watching his handiwork unfold, but not the kind of deity any decent human being should be paying homage to.
Anyway, this is an impossible question to answer. I realize. I'm just pointing out the absurdidty of belief in a loving Christian deity in a world where we have murder, rape, and natural disasters on a daily basis. Instead, this is the exactly the kind of world you should expect to see if there was no god in it.
This is my questions about their beliefs. How can you claim that there is an all powerful god that you can pray to for a better job and more wealth but he just sits by and lets the innocent suffer? BULL
Really

Franklin, KY

#97861 Mar 31, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
Irish Blessing
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back.
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields.
May God hold you in the palm HIS HAND.
HAPPY EASTER!
Same to you..
Happy Easter....
happy

Lexington, KY

#97862 Mar 31, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
"The people you speak of are def not followers of Jesus,"
says happy.
----------

Remember that line, SP. You can use it the next time Yaa starts ranting about how "Satanists" kill animals and hurt children.
You can just tell Yaa, "The people you speak of are def not followers of Satan."

**And that makes it a fact!"
Amazingly simple, isn't it?
It is "amazingly simple" even a child understands. God bless you! HAPPY EASTER! PRAISE GOD! The grave couldn't hold Him!
happy

Lexington, KY

#97863 Mar 31, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>This sounds to me like a world in which no God exists. How is this picture of reality different from the reality of an atheist?

Repeat repeat repeat. STUDY GODS WORD... Ask for God to reveal the TRUTH to You.. Are you afraid of the truth? He is alive honey. He is real. Don't b afraid. ASK. Then you will have YOUR proof. Simple. The God we speak of is very much ALIVE!
ASK SEEK
God bless
happy

Lexington, KY

#97864 Mar 31, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>This is my questions about their beliefs. How can you claim that there is an all powerful god that you can pray to for a better job and more wealth but he just sits by and lets the innocent suffer? BULL
Repeat repeat repeat
God is awesome All the time.
Praise God. HAPPY EASTER..
happy

Lexington, KY

#97865 Mar 31, 2013
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Same to you..
Happy Easter....
HAPPY EASTER
happy

Lexington, KY

#97866 Mar 31, 2013
Thank You God for Your Son. Thank You for loving us so much that Your own Son paid our debt. What an unselfish act of LOVE. I love you.
Thank you for taking care of my family. I am blessed in many ways. Thank you for the strength You give me in these trials we face. Without Your strength, I would never make it. Thank you for Your guidance and protection. You amaze me all the time! Today I ask for nothing, I simply praise You for being You. Thank you that You stay the same,
Thank You for loving me, thank You for my rescue. May Your will be done.
Happy Easter
happy

Lexington, KY

#97867 Mar 31, 2013
Jesus did not die to make bad people good..He died to make dead people ..Alive
Happy Easter! GOD BLESS YOU!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#97868 Mar 31, 2013
Once I was like that blind man,
my way I could not see!
At an alter, I cried "Jesus hear my plea"!
Remove these shades of darkness, so that
I might see my way, and as I came up from the alter...
You could clearly hear me say...
"This I Know, This I know,
I once was Blind, but now I see!
Thank you Jesus!
To all of you out there...
I pray this for you, that you Will See!
Happy Resurrection Day!
Amen!
happy

Lexington, KY

#97869 Mar 31, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
Once I was like that blind man,
my way I could not see!
At an alter, I cried "Jesus hear my plea"!
Remove these shades of darkness, so that
I might see my way, and as I came up from the alter...
You could clearly hear me say...
"This I Know, This I know,
I once was Blind, but now I see!
Thank you Jesus!
To all of you out there...
I pray this for you, that you Will See!
Happy Resurrection Day!
Amen!
Amen! Happy Resurrection Day!
God open their eyes and ears so they to can hear and see the truth
May Your will be done. In Jesus name.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97870 Mar 31, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeat repeat repeat. STUDY GODS WORD... Ask for God to reveal the TRUTH to You.. Are you afraid of the truth? He is alive honey. He is real. Don't b afraid. ASK. Then you will have YOUR proof. Simple. The God we speak of is very much ALIVE!
ASK SEEK
God bless
I appreciate kind thoughts. So thank you.

But you dodged my entire post. I'm giving you the reason I do not believe in any gods. It is a rational reason. If the only answer to it is to "have faith" then there is no answer to it.

Faith is lack of reason. I want reality, not fairy tales.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kids free glasses and hearing checked 3 min shame on u 11
robbery 19 min deadly robbery to... 2
Bastards 35 min gator 9
Best dentist in Barbourville 47 min helpful 1
To the Garland family 3 hr The way it is 8
fords vs chevy 3 hr silverado 4
fire station or not 4 hr cuzin 6
dinky phipps 6 hr The hard truth 8
who's the best lay from the creek 12 hr Truth 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Sun Lisa 185