Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,022

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
happy

Lexington, KY

#97723 Mar 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Well, for the things that are against the laws they are in the prisons and jails. As for discrimination, denying gays the right to marry who they love is the most publicized one, others include making laws against atheists holding office, slavery, denying that black people are human is the longest standing one.
CRACKS ME UP... U r in the DARK..
Whites were and are also SLAVES... And r u gay? God loves ALL... Gay or not. It is the REBELLION/SIN He does not approve of. As far as races... HELLO.. GOD CREATED us all. He LOVES US ALL... It's people WHO DO NOT KNOW GOD... That CREATE THESE ISSUES... Get a flipping CLUE... Lol
happy

Lexington, KY

#97724 Mar 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>That's the most idiotic ignorant post I have seen in a while.. There is No laws against atheists holding office anywhere in the US, Slavery was handled long ago, and No One I have ever heard has concluded blacks were not human.... As for Gay marriage... It's a stepping stone issue for me... Once made a mandate there is no reasonable argument against Marriage of 1 man and 12 women with all 12 women given the same benefits as in any marriage, or 1 woman and 22 men, or 12 men, or what ever Grouping becomes acceptable to a minority group... Once the Definition of Marriage becomes other than 1 Man and 1 Woman the gates are open to pretty much anything a minority group wishes to assert as Marriage.. MAMBLA may be the next to call for Marriage Rights between a 15 year old and a 55 year old man... Or some old coot and his goat... The Exact Same Arguments for same sex marriage today can be used for polygamous marriages in the future....
Great response/post
happy

Lexington, KY

#97725 Mar 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>First, let's get your slippery slope fallacy out of the way. There, now we can move onto your failed assertions:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
Pretty self-explanatory.

I didn't say people in the US still had slavery, but many cultures do enslave their women still.

People have only recently given up that "black people are not human" point en-masse, but a lot of people still actually do believe that.

Polygamy use to be legal ... just a bonus one, a reminder that your marriage laws have changed a lot anyway.
Like I said in the dark. Still SLAVERY ... And sex slavery is one of the highest...
God bless you child.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97726 Mar 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Well since you asked, lets start with not giving any straight answers to questions, instead you go off on a tangent and avoid the question, second when confronted with a bible verse you flounder around like a fish out of water, third you quickly resorted to name calling and attacking instead of answering questions or using FACTS to back up what you say.(a sure sign that you do not really believe in your god)
They don't like our answers anyway. Say they aren't true. Ignore this one. He needs lots of prayer. It's not our job to prove. God will prove He is real if they seek Him diligently...they DO NOT WANT the TRUTH
happy

Lexington, KY

#97727 Mar 29, 2013
what the freak wrote:
A man about 70 years old who was passing Bibles to children around the Middle School was reported to the Sheriff's Department by an onlooker who said it was "inappropriate" for him to do that
SAD SAD SAD
TruthIs

London, KY

#97728 Mar 29, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
LOVE always HOPES always PERSEVERES
it ALWAYS PROTECTS, always trusts
But rejoices with the TRUTH
LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT in EVIL
it keeps NO record of wrongs
It is NOT easily angered
It is NOT SELF SEEKING
it DOES NOT DISHONOR others
It does not boast, it is not proud
It does not envy
LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND
One of My personal favorites :-)
happy

Lexington, KY

#97729 Mar 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>Wow. Now that was just tasteless dude
HE IS TASTELESS... His own even ridicule him
happy

Lexington, KY

#97730 Mar 29, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
THE ENCERDABLE CELL

There are 100 trillion cells in the human body and each cell has the DNA for the make up. That is SCIENTIFIC! Explain how that could come about through evolution.
OH AND BY THE WAY THE SCIENTIFIC WORLD IS EXPOSING AND DISPROVING YOUR EVOLUTION THEORY!
Incredible. OUR GOD IS AMAZING.. How about the fact of the earth and how it sits ... It's tilt. It's rotation. ONLY FROM GOD... Been PROVED. These people just don't want to be accountable for anything. Main reason for denial. The reason we r in the shape we r. No accountability.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97731 Mar 29, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>1) I don't expect video footage. But at the same time I am not going to reduce my requirement for evidence to the point of accepting wild claims based on eye witness testimonials. In this case, we have a crazy story that cannot have happened the way it was told based on the evidence we have available. Something did in fact happen, but it was not a man being led by Angels to find a hidden gospel of Jesus Christ or pre-Jesus peoples. It was a known fraud creating a new cult. Happens all the time. The fact that 19th century people believed him is not shocking.

2) Joseph Smith was a brilliant man. He was an exceptional con artist. And 6th grade was pretty advanced for the time. Neither of my own parents went past 5th grade. Smith was far more capable intellectually than the LDS wants to admit. It makes for a better narrative if they paint him as a yokel who was led by God. And really, if you have an inspiration and a good mind, it does not take very long to crank out a book. The BoM does not strike me as a particularly difficult book either.

3) There were wild horses in the Americas ten thousand years ago. I think, based on what I remember of this topic, they might have been hunted and killed off around the same time that we killed off the mega-fauna. That does not line up at all with BoM timelines. The idea you are referring to is championed by Mormon apologists but not accepted by mainstream science. If you can show me how this evidence is part of the scientific canon I will change my opinion on this part of the topic. Otherwise, it is a case of Smith assuming horses had just always been part of the human culture.
Lmbo. Lmbo rolling on floor. CLUELESS BAHAHAHA. Oh geeze
happy

Lexington, KY

#97732 Mar 29, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>The clues of the ignorance within...

Who in the hell would use a termn like "religie" to start with.

Instant "bigot stamp on forehead" lol.
Lol
happy

Lexington, KY

#97733 Mar 29, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>You have brought up some interesting points,great debate.
THIS IS NOT TRUE... Lol. Where in the world did you get your facts. TRUTH is ...THE MORE THEY DISCOVER THE MORE IT POINTS TO OUR CREATOR! Praise GOD! Get it right honey
TwueConfessions

London, KY

#97734 Mar 29, 2013
Otay..one time when I were in one of dem dar hopitals, a needing to get OUT realllllllllll bad cause o' having lots o' stuff needing tending to--the nice pople axed me had I poopooed, cause they couldna let me OUT till I did.

So I LIED, I LIED to the nice people, knowing they realized SOME of the REST of us had sense enough to poop on our own eventually (or then seek further help if had been unable to) and told them I did!!!

Then I got to get OUT, and return home, where I appreciated their COMMON SENCE, NON-ignorance and decency in NOT having their heads stuck up so far up their own butts that they thought should have their heads stuck up other ppls butts and business!!!!

God bless the ones like THAT.
Please forgive me for being human!!!!

The Ignotards on some sort of self appointed judge and jury of socio-ILLogical twisted and warped egotwips however- can go suck rotten Easter eggs. lol.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#97735 Mar 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe that we are God's purpose. We are His children and He wants the best for us. He has promised us all He has if we just follow His commandments. We are in a progression state to become like Him. His involvement is to help us when we need it. The whole point of this experience is to become more like Him.
Just like our own children, if we hold their hand every step of the way, they don't learn how to make decisions on their own. We intervene when necessary. And sometimes we have to let our children learn things the hard way. His relationship with us is very similar to our relationship with our children.
Yes, your relationship to your imaginary friend/parent is VERY much like that of a child to parent. That should be a clue.
Most people don't want to grow up and be responsible for themselves and their actions. They prefer an invisible parental figure. It makes them feel better. Oh, yes, and a boogeyman (Satan) that they can blame the "bad" things on.
This is so obvious that you have to have to choose to put on the blinders of religious belief to ignore. Amazing how many do.
Some of us would rather grow up.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97736 Mar 29, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>"I admit that I sometimes make mistakes, but I don't fear admitting it and owning up to them."

Yep, thats a big difference between Atheist and religies, religies will lie instead of admitting their actions are wrong.
A religious person is just that LOL. EVEN GOD HIMSELF hated RELIGION... U have NO CLUE... But still laughing along when I'm not crying and praying for your poor list souls. Gid says as long as you are breathing there is HOPE for YOU! Hope hope hope
WerdreallyIS

London, KY

#97737 Mar 29, 2013
afhsdhjfdeshcnvolpwu

Sixty seconds-make as many werds as yew kin.

Ready...set....gooo!!!!!!!!!!

Add your own numbers if you'in gits past three lol.

(We the faithful and loyal seekers of divine truth and the goodness thereof-Thank you Padres, for your generous contributions of enlightenment for the betterment of society as we now know it-Amen.)

And oh yeah-

HAPPY EASTER-may the blessings of Always be with you!
WerdreallyIS

London, KY

#97738 Mar 29, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, your relationship to your imaginary friend/parent is VERY much like that of a child to parent. That should be a clue.
Most people don't want to grow up and be responsible for themselves and their actions. They prefer an invisible parental figure. It makes them feel better. Oh, yes, and a boogeyman (Satan) that they can blame the "bad" things on.
This is so obvious that you have to have to choose to put on the blinders of religious belief to ignore. Amazing how many do.
Some of us would rather grow up.
That REALLY means NOT condemning others for their personal beliefs in what ever may comfort them!!!!
Let us know when you gradeeate beyond jr high level and realize THAT.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97739 Mar 29, 2013
pat wrote:
<quoted text>...I always enjoy how after a natural disaster occurs, such as a tornado/hurrican...half the town (that surives) goes public with their, "thanks to god" for sparing them...but yet they never bother to consider a "thankx to god" for bringing the damn disaster.....talk about brain washed, geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !@#%
The blind cannot see

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97740 Mar 29, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Incredible. OUR GOD IS AMAZING.. How about the fact of the earth and how it sits ... It's tilt. It's rotation. ONLY FROM GOD... Been PROVED. These people just don't want to be accountable for anything. Main reason for denial. The reason we r in the shape we r. No accountability.
"dotdotdot"s, YaA.
Axial tilt, rotation and orbit have been proven to be the direct manipulation of God? I would like to see that data. I agree we are in this shape because of denial and lack of accountability. Once upon a time, long ago in the year 2000, there were 2 men named Georgie and Old Dick. Now, Georgies' father and Old Dick had worked for this guy named Ronald who loved rich people and God above all other things....
pat

Mount Ida, AR

#97741 Mar 29, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
The blind cannot see
...I agree, you should take your bible blind fold off now.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97742 Mar 29, 2013
pat wrote:
<quoted text>
...I always enjoy how after a natural disaster occurs, such as a tornado/hurrican...half the town (that surives) goes public with their, "thanks to god" for sparing them...but yet they never bother to consider a "thankx to god" for bringing the damn disaster.....talk about brain washed, geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !@#%
Huh? Seems that some spokesman for God always PRAISES God's wrath for BRINGING disaster to punish the sinners. Andrew hit Miami because of homos? Charlie hit central Florida because of "gay days?" Katrina hit New Orleans because of Mardi Gras? There are always religies thankful to God for someone else's suffering.
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
The blind cannot see
That's why they call it "blind faith."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kfc 8 min You are dumb 13
A Rat In Knox County 15 min You are dumb 7
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 16 min Democrat for Mitch 4,756
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min Nutz 153,367
opening in November 5 hr hunter 8
Who read Dennis Gibson's post on Facebook? What... 5 hr jack 12
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 5 hr Syd Redlitch 18
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••