Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,463

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97705 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think God has to play a hand in day to day physics. I think God put these things in place and set laws that they obey, like instinct for example, or gravitational pull.
I see your point of view, I just can't agree that the complexities that we now are able to find prove that God doesn't exist. I see it the opposite. I don't think it could have happened by chance.
But you're still doing the God of the Gaps. If God just put things in place and then they run on their own, then what purpose does God really serve? The Christian God is active. He intervenes. He is not a Deist God. What you describe here is the Watchmaker, the God that most of our Founding Fathers thought was real.

If the universe functions perfectly well without God doing anything to keep it going then how is that different from a universe in which no God exists at all?

Also, how is it a difficult leap to say that no God was even necessary to get it started?

And I never said god does not exist. I have not made that argument. My point is only that the evidence FOR God is far too slim to be compelling. You have to have faith to make it work at all. And faith, as I pointed out, is not based on anything we can agree on.

Meanwhile science, reason, methodological naturalism...these things are based on concepts most people can accept. You accept them every day. If you make a decision based on reason you are agreeing with the very basis of these ideas. If you just pray and flip a coin you are doing the opposite.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97706 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Where exactly is this post that shows I hate people or religies?
98% of them. Shouldn't be hard to find

Location hidden

#97707 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Battle? Your religie hate and blood lust is showing, that holyhatebible will lead you to hell.
Nah, I'm popping popcorn. It's fun watching you

Location hidden

#97708 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you religies, I do not lie and say "I don't hate", I do hate and gladly show it, no hypocrisy in that, once more your dumb ass is showing. Speaking of hypocrisy shagged any virgins lately, chester?
Remember this? Chester?

Location hidden

#97709 Mar 28, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>But you're still doing the God of the Gaps. If God just put things in place and then they run on their own, then what purpose does God really serve? The Christian God is active. He intervenes. He is not a Deist God. What you describe here is the Watchmaker, the God that most of our Founding Fathers thought was real.

If the universe functions perfectly well without God doing anything to keep it going then how is that different from a universe in which no God exists at all?

Also, how is it a difficult leap to say that no God was even necessary to get it started?

And I never said god does not exist. I have not made that argument. My point is only that the evidence FOR God is far too slim to be compelling. You have to have faith to make it work at all. And faith, as I pointed out, is not based on anything we can agree on.

Meanwhile science, reason, methodological naturalism...these things are based on concepts most people can accept. You accept them every day. If you make a decision based on reason you are agreeing with the very basis of these ideas. If you just pray and flip a coin you are doing the opposite.
I believe that we are God's purpose. We are His children and He wants the best for us. He has promised us all He has if we just follow His commandments. We are in a progression state to become like Him. His involvement is to help us when we need it. The whole point of this experience is to become more like Him.
Just like our own children, if we hold their hand every step of the way, they don't learn how to make decisions on their own. We intervene when necessary. And sometimes we have to let our children learn things the hard way. His relationship with us is very similar to our relationship with our children.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97710 Mar 29, 2013
From a conversation with a Mormon "We follow god's laws not man's laws, the government has no business telling us what we can and can not do"
This conversation was about arranged marriage for girls who are under 14 years old.
The Mormons have "weddings" in their church and marry young girls "in gods eyes" that are not legal.
A big part of their religion is owning women and girls.
What right does the government have telling us who we can marry?
Well child rape is child rape even if your beliefs say that girls are women at the age of 13
TruthIs

London, KY

#97711 Mar 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I lied?
That's the standard zombieTic froth at the mouth response to anything that doesn't suit the agenda of the self serving only.

Sling the word "liar" as ignorantly and as vehemently laced with hate as possible.

It's like watching 10 year olds on foot stomping rampages. Of duh Jerwee Spwinger MENTALity herds.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97712 Mar 29, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Where have I been hypocritical?
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where what? Can you complete your thought?

Can you understand one?

Anyone can answer a question with a question. It's what children, and the intellectually challenged, do.

Have a nice milleniums of historically documented Good Friday.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97713 Mar 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling Christians hate filled while being full of hate yourself. That's the definition of hypocrisy.
Absolutely the TRUTH.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97714 Mar 29, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Battle? Your religie hate and blood lust is showing, that holyhatebible will lead you to hell.
Why do you envision yourself as some sort of exception to the definition of Hypocricy, when you are a shining example of the ugliness of it, in overdrive?
Do you fathom yourself as some sort of savior to those who can read, think and form opinion of and for themselves?
Here's a hint-they do NOT need the hate you froth forth, about that which YOU dislike so hatefully.
Freedom OF religion. It's a CONSTITUTIONAL right.Grow up and Get used to it.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97715 Mar 29, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Come on dim wit I mean do whut, show the post, prove my hate of people or religies that leads to your charge of hypocrisy that was directed at me, don't be silly and say my lack of respect for religie idiots is hate(no respect, you "hate" that don't cha), in return I will show you where you lied.
You did that just fine yourself, right above in your own post.

How can you be so blind to your own internal ugliness?

Are you some sort of speshull, self appointed "lie detector" above all of humanity machine?
(HARDLY)
Delusions of grandure......

Might want to lay off watching your on par level herd packs on dem dar jerweee springer shows. The same like MENTALity level is telling on YOU, big time.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97716 Mar 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Nah, I'm popping popcorn. It's fun watching you
For a bout five minutes. Then even duh spwinger type shows look a little less ignorant, for two minutes anyway :-).
TruthIs

London, KY

#97717 Mar 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
From a conversation with a Mormon "We follow god's laws not man's laws, the government has no business telling us what we can and can not do"
This conversation was about arranged marriage for girls who are under 14 years old.
The Mormons have "weddings" in their church and marry young girls "in gods eyes" that are not legal.
A big part of their religion is owning women and girls.
What right does the government have telling us who we can marry?
Well child rape is child rape even if your beliefs say that girls are women at the age of 13
FLDS.(as in extremist) Not ALL LDS.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97718 Mar 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Someone who knows this snake oil can cure cancer will be cured.

You are just reciting scam dogma.
YOU CRACK ME UP and nothing else. GOD LOVES you tho. Crazy about you
happy

Lexington, KY

#97719 Mar 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>75% of Americans claim to be Christian. 63% of Americans have been incarcerated. "Things that make you go "Hmmm..."?"
And your point is? You do not know God or His words. But u make me smile
happy

Lexington, KY

#97720 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>LoL, since when are there Christians that rape, beat and especially discriminate. Atheists have the highest discriminating rate in the world!!! 150 Atheists through out Asia have been fined and imprisoned for that!!
She cracks me up!
happy

Lexington, KY

#97721 Mar 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>What? There are so many millions of christians raping little children and the white churches hate blacks and Spanish people.
You can SAY anything but ACTIONS speak the truth
http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy...
SP... Honey, you see that's the challenge REAL Christians have. The ppl you are speaking of have NO LOVE... They are evil and they are definitely NOT Christian's. GET A CLUE
WOW lmbo
happy

Lexington, KY

#97722 Mar 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>What? There are so many millions of christians raping little children and the white churches hate blacks and Spanish people.
You can SAY anything but ACTIONS speak the truth
http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy...
LOVE always HOPES always PERSEVERES
it ALWAYS PROTECTS, always trusts
But rejoices with the TRUTH
LOVE DOES NOT DELIGHT in EVIL
it keeps NO record of wrongs
It is NOT easily angered
It is NOT SELF SEEKING
it DOES NOT DISHONOR others
It does not boast, it is not proud
It does not envy
LOVE IS PATIENT, LOVE IS KIND
happy

Lexington, KY

#97723 Mar 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Well, for the things that are against the laws they are in the prisons and jails. As for discrimination, denying gays the right to marry who they love is the most publicized one, others include making laws against atheists holding office, slavery, denying that black people are human is the longest standing one.
CRACKS ME UP... U r in the DARK..
Whites were and are also SLAVES... And r u gay? God loves ALL... Gay or not. It is the REBELLION/SIN He does not approve of. As far as races... HELLO.. GOD CREATED us all. He LOVES US ALL... It's people WHO DO NOT KNOW GOD... That CREATE THESE ISSUES... Get a flipping CLUE... Lol
happy

Lexington, KY

#97724 Mar 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>That's the most idiotic ignorant post I have seen in a while.. There is No laws against atheists holding office anywhere in the US, Slavery was handled long ago, and No One I have ever heard has concluded blacks were not human.... As for Gay marriage... It's a stepping stone issue for me... Once made a mandate there is no reasonable argument against Marriage of 1 man and 12 women with all 12 women given the same benefits as in any marriage, or 1 woman and 22 men, or 12 men, or what ever Grouping becomes acceptable to a minority group... Once the Definition of Marriage becomes other than 1 Man and 1 Woman the gates are open to pretty much anything a minority group wishes to assert as Marriage.. MAMBLA may be the next to call for Marriage Rights between a 15 year old and a 55 year old man... Or some old coot and his goat... The Exact Same Arguments for same sex marriage today can be used for polygamous marriages in the future....
Great response/post

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 3 min Peter Vayeos Chang 3,847
s.e.k.r.i. 4 min work there now 7
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 30 min Curiouswonderer 4
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 32 min marvin 3
who will you vote for as jailer 34 min marvin 63
Indictments 35 min John 3
Nick Mandel and Amy Gray 53 min losers 7
Ask your candidate to join us this time it is a... 3 hr Voter 15
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 20 hr love to know 6
Barbourville Dating