Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,885

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
pat

Mount Ida, AR

#97770 Mar 29, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I SEE FINE... I KNOW Jesus...you cannot DENY what you KNOW..! Lol
Sad you haven't met Him. You will one day.
...not possible. I've been to college, a southern baptist college at that...I also was a catholic pupil form elementray through jr. high...in college, I took the 101 courses of biology, anatomy and physiology...Old Testament 205 and New Testament 201 were prerequisite courses ..........and boy, o'fuckin boy.....LOL.......those science nerds explained life at it's simplist form, how it all happen through mitoses (cell reproduction)...what makes us, how we are pretty much just another bacteria that dwells on a host, the earth....just as you are a host for the bacteria on your skin and in your gut....we are not made up of anything special, we're animals, just like our cuz the monkey that most like to deny....when you look in the mirror, don't you see something that looks like 1/2 monkey and 1/2 pig?....I sure as the hell do, don't deny facts...ignorant is one thing, but to refuse to listen to FACTS, now that's just completely incompetent.

...so you see, Jesus, Ala, Budda and all the nonsense will never be able to reach my mind...I have antivirus program installed into my brain...an education.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#97771 Mar 29, 2013
Constitutional Warrior wrote:
im sorry, the sun is the center of our solar system^
Actually it isn't.... Close, but not in the center ...
Ninety Nine Percent

London, KY

#97772 Mar 29, 2013
Who Killed Jesus! Why Did King James leave so much out of the Bible, the Gospels of Peter, Mary, and Judas! JESUS was against the Establishment! I am not against the Church, but John The Babtist beleived that all You Must Do is Pray, in other Words, Deal Direct, ask Him for Wisdom, and to Guide Your Steps, and if you Pay Close Attention, I Promise You, He will Touch Your Heart! and guide your Path! Forgive My Spelling, my Mother was an English Major, and would Cringe, just writing, off Top Of My Head!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97773 Mar 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
From a conversation with a Mormon "We follow god's laws not man's laws, the government has no business telling us what we can and can not do"
This conversation was about arranged marriage for girls who are under 14 years old.
The Mormons have "weddings" in their church and marry young girls "in gods eyes" that are not legal.
A big part of their religion is owning women and girls.
What right does the government have telling us who we can marry?
Well child rape is child rape even if your beliefs say that girls are women at the age of 13
You are talking about the splinter groups I mentioned. That is not the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. There are no arranged marriages in the LDS Church, nor do we marry underage girls.

Location hidden

#97774 Mar 29, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, your relationship to your imaginary friend/parent is VERY much like that of a child to parent. That should be a clue.
Most people don't want to grow up and be responsible for themselves and their actions. They prefer an invisible parental figure. It makes them feel better. Oh, yes, and a boogeyman (Satan) that they can blame the "bad" things on.
This is so obvious that you have to have to choose to put on the blinders of religious belief to ignore. Amazing how many do.
Some of us would rather grow up.
Right, because growing up makes your parents less real.

Location hidden

#97775 Mar 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
The Mormon church here says that they are direct decedents of the pure Jewish blood line so they are gods chosen people, they are the ruling race of people and they are above all others.
So they are no different than other christians, using religion to elevate themselves and defame others.
Social status and wealth are the god of the christian cult
No, they don't say that. Nor do they do that. Our church isn't a race. It's made up of all races. And we don't defame anyone. You will never sit in an LDS church meeting and hear them preach against any other religion. Go to other churches and watch them show movies and hold classes about how we are a cult. We do not do this.
Russ

Haverhill, MA

#97776 Mar 29, 2013
Tacoma wrote:
<quoted text>
Why I don't have vaginal orgasms. Can I change that?
Please answer!
Hey Laura: Why do you make yourself cheap descending among this hilbillies? All of them have no penis at all and the one that have some are use with the cows.
RussQuilty@infernet.com

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97777 Mar 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, because growing up makes your parents less real.
Don't know about that, but I can extrapolate where you're (unintentionally) going with that train of thought.
Growing up sure takes the fun out of Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny - but you get to "legitimately" hang onto the stories revolving around "legitimate" deities no matter what your chronological age is. Even better, as your hippocampus shrinks with age, you get even more "faith" that the stories are real. Whoop, WHOOP! It's like having your cake and eating it too!
Ninety Nine Percent

London, KY

#97778 Mar 29, 2013
There are so many potholes, in the Path to Enlightenment, that is what this Life is about, it is wonderful, to have a discusion about LIFE, we just had a Mormon run for the Highest Office in the Land, they are very envoled in Politics, a lot of Money, and Power, but his Religion, was never an Issue! However, Our Founding Fathers Understood the Danger, of Church, and State! Religion, has always been used and Abused, and has always been in the Bed with Gov. But that does not mean Religion is Bad! The Biggest Problem I see, is that the Bible, and the Constitution, are subject to Interpratation, in other Words, Two People can get Different Meanings, Reading the same Text! which means, Man, is always the Problem, You can make the BIBLE, say whatever you want it to SAY!
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97779 Mar 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they don't say that. Nor do they do that. Our church isn't a race. It's made up of all races. And we don't defame anyone. You will never sit in an LDS church meeting and hear them preach against any other religion. Go to other churches and watch them show movies and hold classes about how we are a cult. We do not do this.
All that is required is for you to have faith in the Christian God only, you will be free from eternal torment by God for doing so. Depending on your level of service, will depend what level you will achieve in heaven and type privileges you will get.

"The LDS church puts a really high priority on complete chastity," Mason said. "They define that as no sexual relations of any kind outside of marriage between a man and a woman, no premarital sex and no extramarital sex either, and there's actually a lot of time and attention paid to this."

I'm thinking a lot of Mormon's males must be spanking Mr. Happy since they will not go to hell.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-trial-put...

Location hidden

#97780 Mar 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>Don't know about that, but I can extrapolate where you're (unintentionally) going with that train of thought.
Growing up sure takes the fun out of Santa Clause, the Tooth Fairy and the Easter Bunny - but you get to "legitimately" hang onto the stories revolving around "legitimate" deities no matter what your chronological age is. Even better, as your hippocampus shrinks with age, you get even more "faith" that the stories are real. Whoop, WHOOP! It's like having your cake and eating it too!
Not really a good comparison, as Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy were never thought to be the creators of the universe.

Location hidden

#97781 Mar 29, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>All that is required is for you to have faith in the Christian God only, you will be free from eternal torment by God for doing so. Depending on your level of service, will depend what level you will achieve in heaven and type privileges you will get.

"The LDS church puts a really high priority on complete chastity," Mason said. "They define that as no sexual relations of any kind outside of marriage between a man and a woman, no premarital sex and no extramarital sex either, and there's actually a lot of time and attention paid to this."

I'm thinking a lot of Mormon's males must be spanking Mr. Happy since they will not go to hell.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-trial-put...
Not exactly. As they say: good things come to those who wait.
I am comforted that my wife and I both waited until we were married. We got to experience our first together, and neither of us had to worry about STD's, or getting compared to someone else.

And if we got pregnant, so be it, we were then married and prepared to start a family that would have both a mother and a father.

I think chastity is important. Always have, even before I joined the church. I don't think it's right for us to hand out condoms to 12 year olds, just in case. I was raised with strong morals and values, and because of that, women are more than flesh to me. I believe in treating my wife like the daughter of God that she is.
Ninety Nine Percent

London, KY

#97782 Mar 29, 2013
Do I have to Be a Republican, to be a Christian!I go to Bed every Night Knowing that (Mitch) has got my Back, that he Represents SouthEast Ky. and the Poor People who Live in one of the Poorest Regions in America! In My Opinion, Mitch, Represents Every Bad thing that has Happened to this Country! Lean to the Green Mitch! Ashley Judd, would have Waxed his Ass,? Is Bill Clinton a Democrat, cant prove it by Me!, if you notice they always use a Fake Democrat, to Screw the Little Man! Please Watch him and Hal Rodgers in Action on C Span! If You Can Take It.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97783 Mar 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really a good comparison, as Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy were never thought to be the creators of the universe.
Still stories that adults tell children are real but are not real, just like god
happy

Lexington, KY

#97784 Mar 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If you face the threat of eternal tortue there is no CHOICE there ether, how is that love?
You will say :god is just telling you what will happen" but YOU believe that it is your god that condemns those people so your god causes that to happen right?
Your argument is not valid.
If god can stop evil but does not than he is evil.
When I stopped a coward from beating a child I did the right thing and your god did not
Your argument is not valid.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97785 Mar 29, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>You told me to do homework, which I regularly do. It is chattels' place to be subservient. It's Biblical. I told you to fetch, woman.
Rofl
Discussion

United States

#97786 Mar 29, 2013
We know the truth and so do you. Something you just can't explain you just know.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#97787 Mar 29, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned about it and it's nonsense
Then tell us, what is evolution. If you have studied it, you won't use a fallacy.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97788 Mar 29, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? But what about the midwinter Yule and Odin's Wild Hunt across the sky? The Tooth Fairy has her beginnings with the Norse, as well.
And the Easter Bunny... The spring renewal.
Ashtoreth? Estre? Astarte? Ishtar?
And let's not forget Samhain and All Hallow's Eve...
As much as you try to distance yourselves from magical witch doctoring, mystical shamans and superstitious folklore, you are no closer to being level headed sophisticates than a Borneo tribesman.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#97789 Mar 29, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then tell us, what is evolution. If you have studied it, you won't use a fallacy.
You do realize you will have to explain to him what a "fallacy" is right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 3 hr gator 15
Jason woolum (Jul '11) 6 hr buster hyman 13
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 7 hr Mee 3
terry smith from the creek 8 hr Curious 3
poachers on davis bend (Nov '10) 8 hr take my word 19
Need food badly 8 hr koko 53
Court Dockets 11 hr Jackie 3
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 11 hr Get a life 8
Porsche mills Fri Well.... 24
To the Garland family Thu Well.... 3