Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,148

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97690 Mar 28, 2013
Ninety Nine Percent wrote:
You Must Always Choose, the Path, when People Ask what is the Purpose of this Life, that is it! When you Look Back through History, Man has been Wrong, so many Times, not GOD! Our Founding Fathers Understood the Dangers of the Church, and How it could be Used, all You have to Do is Look Back through History!
A Watchman?

Ezekiel 33:1-33
The word of the Lord came to me:ôSon of man, speak to your people and say to them, If I bring the sword upon a land, and the people of the land take a man from among them, and make him their watchman, and if he sees the sword coming upon the land and blows the trumpet and warns the people, then if anyone who hears the sound of the trumpet does not take warning, and the sword comes and takes him away, his blood shall be upon his own head. He heard the sound of the trumpet and did not take warning; his blood shall be upon himself. But if he had taken warning, he would have saved his life....

Ezekiel 33:6
But if the watchman sees the sword coming and does not blow the trumpet, so that the people are not warned, and the sword comes and takes any one of them, that person is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood I will require at the watchman's hand.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97691 Mar 28, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>That interesting. You can have extremely wicked thoughts and still be not held accountable by God.
Subconscious thoughts are not controllable. And I think it has to be willful thoughts that get you in trouble. Satan throws bad thoughts in your head sometimes. It then becomes your test at how you react to those thoughts. If you choose to succumb, you messed up. See what I mean?

Location hidden

#97692 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>You lie also, not surprised it's a religie trait. Kinda like 6 million religies.
Where have I lied?

Location hidden

#97693 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, exactly where chester?
Where what? Can you complete your thought?

Location hidden

#97694 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lmao, do whut, fits.
Must not have been important to me. It wasn't addressed to me

Location hidden

#97695 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Hey dim wit ooops do whut, why to you ignore GWB's questions, cherry pickin, or does your child fetish come to mind?
Where are these invisible questions I'm not addressing?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#97696 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where have I lied?
Where have I been hypocritical?

“There is no god.”

USA

#97697 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where what? Can you complete your thought?
Can you understand one?

“There is no god.”

USA

#97698 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are these invisible questions I'm not addressing?
Lol.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97699 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Must not have been important to me. It wasn't addressed to me
*sigh*

Location hidden

#97700 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Where have I been hypocritical?
Calling Christians hate filled while being full of hate yourself. That's the definition of hypocrisy.

Location hidden

#97701 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Can you understand one?
Not from you. You are beyond my understanding. Are you winning some fictitious battle in your head?

“There is no god.”

USA

#97702 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Calling Christians hate filled while being full of hate yourself. That's the definition of hypocrisy.
Where exactly is this post that shows I hate people or religies?

“There is no god.”

USA

#97703 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not from you. You are beyond my understanding. Are you winning some fictitious battle in your head?
Battle? Your religie hate and blood lust is showing, that holyhatebible will lead you to hell.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97704 Mar 28, 2013
Come on dim wit I mean do whut, show the post, prove my hate of people or religies that leads to your charge of hypocrisy that was directed at me, don't be silly and say my lack of respect for religie idiots is hate(no respect, you "hate" that don't cha), in return I will show you where you lied.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97705 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think God has to play a hand in day to day physics. I think God put these things in place and set laws that they obey, like instinct for example, or gravitational pull.
I see your point of view, I just can't agree that the complexities that we now are able to find prove that God doesn't exist. I see it the opposite. I don't think it could have happened by chance.
But you're still doing the God of the Gaps. If God just put things in place and then they run on their own, then what purpose does God really serve? The Christian God is active. He intervenes. He is not a Deist God. What you describe here is the Watchmaker, the God that most of our Founding Fathers thought was real.

If the universe functions perfectly well without God doing anything to keep it going then how is that different from a universe in which no God exists at all?

Also, how is it a difficult leap to say that no God was even necessary to get it started?

And I never said god does not exist. I have not made that argument. My point is only that the evidence FOR God is far too slim to be compelling. You have to have faith to make it work at all. And faith, as I pointed out, is not based on anything we can agree on.

Meanwhile science, reason, methodological naturalism...these things are based on concepts most people can accept. You accept them every day. If you make a decision based on reason you are agreeing with the very basis of these ideas. If you just pray and flip a coin you are doing the opposite.

Location hidden

#97706 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Where exactly is this post that shows I hate people or religies?
98% of them. Shouldn't be hard to find

Location hidden

#97707 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Battle? Your religie hate and blood lust is showing, that holyhatebible will lead you to hell.
Nah, I'm popping popcorn. It's fun watching you

Location hidden

#97708 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike you religies, I do not lie and say "I don't hate", I do hate and gladly show it, no hypocrisy in that, once more your dumb ass is showing. Speaking of hypocrisy shagged any virgins lately, chester?
Remember this? Chester?

Location hidden

#97709 Mar 28, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>But you're still doing the God of the Gaps. If God just put things in place and then they run on their own, then what purpose does God really serve? The Christian God is active. He intervenes. He is not a Deist God. What you describe here is the Watchmaker, the God that most of our Founding Fathers thought was real.

If the universe functions perfectly well without God doing anything to keep it going then how is that different from a universe in which no God exists at all?

Also, how is it a difficult leap to say that no God was even necessary to get it started?

And I never said god does not exist. I have not made that argument. My point is only that the evidence FOR God is far too slim to be compelling. You have to have faith to make it work at all. And faith, as I pointed out, is not based on anything we can agree on.

Meanwhile science, reason, methodological naturalism...these things are based on concepts most people can accept. You accept them every day. If you make a decision based on reason you are agreeing with the very basis of these ideas. If you just pray and flip a coin you are doing the opposite.
I believe that we are God's purpose. We are His children and He wants the best for us. He has promised us all He has if we just follow His commandments. We are in a progression state to become like Him. His involvement is to help us when we need it. The whole point of this experience is to become more like Him.
Just like our own children, if we hold their hand every step of the way, they don't learn how to make decisions on their own. We intervene when necessary. And sometimes we have to let our children learn things the hard way. His relationship with us is very similar to our relationship with our children.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr _Zoey_ 3,608
brandon bryson 1 hr haha 3
jason hughes 1 hr truth 7
teena Marie mills 2 hr Flatlick 4
Husbands with friends 3 hr Glenda 3
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 3 hr Bkt 16
City Council 3 hr Rug rat 7
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 3 hr Well 6
praying it's all a lie 9 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"