Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,065

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
TruthIs

London, KY

#97556 Mar 28, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
They're all idiots. They all start with a proposition (god created everything) and then try to find data to support it. Which leads to cherry picking, fabrication, and ignoring contradictory data. It's the exact opposite of the scientific method.
I had a hard time making sense of the rest of your post. Either I haven't had enough coffee yet, or you haven't had enough meds yet. Not sure which...
Thank you for being a shining example of the ten second thought process of whuuutuh--it's not swallowing the malespoogefed spin hook, line and sinkuh....but, but...Derwood's earthworm theory sayz.....

Have ye another cup, you'll need it lol.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97557 Mar 28, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
THE ENCERDABLE CELL
There are 100 trillion cells in the human body and each cell has the DNA for the make up. That is SCIENTIFIC! Explain how that could come about through evolution.
OH AND BY THE WAY THE SCIENTIFIC WORLD IS EXPOSING AND DISPROVING YOUR EVOLUTION THEORY!
Who in the scientific world. Can you give the name of the magazine or book you read that in?
TruthIs

London, KY

#97558 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
What the? Are you having a meltdown? You're barely getting coherent thoughts together now. Slow down....breathe. It's going to be ok...
okaayyyy..are composed enough now...

FA-IZ-ICKS.

Of the quantum type!
So true

Franklin, KY

#97559 Mar 28, 2013
Well you guys have ran off and left me now.. Good day to you all anyway..
TruthIs

London, KY

#97560 Mar 28, 2013
Our children can see wrote:
Byy
Can see what?

Reality, logic and rationality, from fake and phony, or unrealistic?

GOOD, ethical, moral leadership by example, rather than Do as I say not as I do when out of sight hypocricy?

GOOD. They'll be a better CHARACTER of people for it!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#97561 Mar 28, 2013
I see our resident self proclaimed NAZI RELIGIE has teamed up with another lying child molesting hypocrite religie, lmao, they run in packs.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97562 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
They're all idiots. They all start with a proposition (god created everything) and then try to find data to support it. Which leads to cherry picking, fabrication, and ignoring contradictory data. It's the exact opposite of the scientific method.
I had a hard time making sense of the rest of your post. Either I haven't had enough coffee yet, or you haven't had enough meds yet. Not sure which...
"They're all idiots." especially when they claim to be a nazi.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97563 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
What the? Are you having a meltdown? You're barely getting coherent thoughts together now. Slow down....breathe. It's going to be ok...
Its leader is dead no more sieg heil, it affects them badly.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97564 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did that number come from? With that mentality, over half of everyone we know, including family would have been incarcerated. Uhhhh I don't think so. Source please.
It sounded awfully high to me, too. I'd typed 'How many Americans have been in prison' in Google. WikiAnswers short description came back 63%. When I just now went back and clicked the link, it comes back 3%. That answer doesn't sound correct, either - not for the percentage of living people in the country who are or have ever been incarcerated.

Reuters, 2006:
A U.S. Justice Department report released on November 30 showed that a record 7 million people -- or one in every 32 American adults -- were behind bars, on probation or on parole at the end of last year. Of the total, 2.2 million were in prison or jail.

According to the International Centre for Prison Studies at King's College in London, more people are behind bars in the United States than in any other country. China ranks second with 1.5 million prisoners, followed by Russia with 870,000.

The U.S. incarceration rate of 737 per 100,000 people in the highest, followed by 611 in Russia and 547 for St. Kitts and Nevis. In contrast, the incarceration rates in many Western industrial nations range around 100 per 100,000 people.

Groups advocating reform of U.S. sentencing laws seized on the latest U.S. prison population figures showing admissions of inmates have been rising even faster than the numbers of prisoners who have been released.

"The United States has 5 percent of the world's population and 25 percent of the world's incarcerated population. We rank first in the world in locking up our fellow citizens," said Ethan Nadelmann of the Drug Policy Alliance, which supports alternatives in the war on drugs.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97565 Mar 28, 2013
Lmao, religies have faith, it supplies no answers and allows no questions, only darkness and bull excrement just what fungus needs.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97566 Mar 28, 2013
Did you know there is not one word in the holyhatebible that praises intelligence.
Duhm d duhm duhm duhm.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

#97567 Mar 28, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would actually learn the theory of evolution, you'd understand how it happened.
I learned about it and it's nonsense

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Nothing creates... Nothing

#97568 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Did you know there is not one word in the holyhatebible that praises intelligence.
Duhm d duhm duhm duhm.
Sure, like the Bible going to say humans praised intelligence and not God. Anyways, it does say a lot about wisdom.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97569 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
Gotta run-you'll have handle the frothing at the hatehole lunaTics for the rest of morning!

Try not to let their twisted and distorted lies and delusions of hatred affect you too negatively!

“There is no god.”

USA

#97570 Mar 28, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, like the Bible going to say humans praised intelligence and not God. Anyways, it does say a lot about wisdom.
Yep, but the wisdom you speak of is the wisdom of believeing, not real world wisdom.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97571 Mar 28, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, what's so ignorant of me, I reply to all you atheist comments, but it's not convincing enough for me to change, but how about you think about that. Are you a smug, condescending, ignorant atheist.
So far you've been wrong about hell being the place of eternal punishment, wrong about agreeing with your in-Santa-ty Claus youtube post and wrong about which day the Sabbath is. Wrong about knowing God's thoughts. Wrong about "Atheists are people who fight Christianity, to be free to do sin." Wrong that atheists laugh and enjoy the barbarism of Islamic violence against Christians (or anyone else.) Wrong in saying that Christians "wouldn't harm a fly." Wrong in your statement that atheists have the "highest discrimination rate in the world." Wrong in your blanket statement that Christians don't discriminate against gays. Wrong in stating that atheists are responsible for most of the world's violence.
In fact, you are wrong in almost every post you put up.
I admit that I sometimes make mistakes, but I don't fear admitting it and owning up to them.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97572 Mar 28, 2013
Ooops, *believing*, the grammar nazi is lurking.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97573 Mar 28, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I learned about it and it's nonsense
Did you, now? What have you learned about the Theory of Evolution, and from whom?

“There is no god.”

USA

#97574 Mar 28, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So far you've been wrong about hell being the place of eternal punishment, wrong about agreeing with your in-Santa-ty Claus youtube post and wrong about which day the Sabbath is. Wrong about knowing God's thoughts. Wrong about "Atheists are people who fight Christianity, to be free to do sin." Wrong that atheists laugh and enjoy the barbarism of Islamic violence against Christians (or anyone else.) Wrong in saying that Christians "wouldn't harm a fly." Wrong in your statement that atheists have the "highest discrimination rate in the world." Wrong in your blanket statement that Christians don't discriminate against gays. Wrong in stating that atheists are responsible for most of the world's violence.
In fact, you are wrong in almost every post you put up.
I admit that I sometimes make mistakes, but I don't fear admitting it and owning up to them.
"I admit that I sometimes make mistakes, but I don't fear admitting it and owning up to them."

Yep, thats a big difference between Atheist and religies, religies will lie instead of admitting their actions are wrong.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97575 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"I admit that I sometimes make mistakes, but I don't fear admitting it and owning up to them."
Yep, thats a big difference between Atheist and religies, religies will lie instead of admitting their actions are wrong.
When caught they say they are forgiven

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tiffany jackson 3 min I think 7
L.Dean/ In town 23 min LDEAN 3
Nosey Rosey 38 min rosie cheeks 1
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 53 min mgrody 5,308
Wendy Mills engaged?? 55 min really 3
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Ari son of Anarchy 153,922
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 1 hr fan 15
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 10 hr Confused 6
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 17 hr Knox co 22
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE