Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,593

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#97650 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in all cases. Obviously we were taught that killing was wrong. We're here on the Topix forum so I'm assuming we all didn't test that and have to learn the hard way.
But child abuse is acceptable to you religies, as long as they don't die?

“There is no god.”

USA

#97651 Mar 28, 2013
Hey do whut you cherry pickin? You missed this,

do whut wrote:
My point exactly. That statistic was irrelevant.

Mean ole Atheist wrote,
Unless it supports your view? I see you had no comments for mister 6 million religies point of view, lol, religie hypocrite. Fun yet?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97652 Mar 28, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
Maybe!
I was disapointed that it wasn't more accurate, but it's hard
to put 6,000 years in 10 hours!
I didn't think of Obama - it reminded me of a Sith Lord. Since my opinion of Star Wars is that it's only slightly less cheesy than Battlestar Galactica or Disney's The Black Hole, disappointed is an understatement.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97653 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha is this a serious question?
Sure, if you fornicate or have sex that is against your teachings, then would that be akin to sin especially if in your dreams you wanted to be a participant?

Does not the bible teach that if you look at a women or man with lust then you have already committed the sin? Or is this consider you have to wait tell judgement day and let God decide?
Ninety Nine Percent

London, KY

#97654 Mar 28, 2013
I would like to ask a few ?, about Faith, and the (BIBLE), I am a Middle Aged Male, 56yrs Old, and have never been to Church in my Life, however, I have no Doubt that there is a (GOD), and that He has all ways been with Me! I Live in Manchester Ky., and would Like Nothing More than to Donate, or Give, the rest of My life to Him! I have always Felt like He had a Purpose, or a Plan for Me! I would give what is left of my Life, Totally to Him! The World and everthing that is in it, means nothing to Me, only His Purpose, for Me! I have come to understand, that Faith is not enough, that you must also have Doctrine, or the Word of GOD! I would like to start a serious discusion, and use this Computer for a Worthy Cause!
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97655 Mar 28, 2013
THEODORA FARTINSKY wrote:
Masturbation is not a sin but 2 much of it will make you go blind. My brother Teddy has to wear coke bottle glasses from years of this.
I think if you were a christian then you would know the correct answer.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97656 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahaha is this a serious question?
Hahahaha, Good dodge, that's the way to avoid a question. You cherry pick the bible the same way?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97657 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not in all cases. Obviously we were taught that killing was wrong. We're here on the Topix forum so I'm assuming we all didn't test that and have to learn the hard way.
Some pass tests, some fail, some never learn.
How many are in prison on homicide related charges? How many have been killed in an unjust war? How many Americans have died violent deaths this year? How many humans? How many gun deaths in this country since Newtown?
Ninety Nine Percent

London, KY

#97658 Mar 28, 2013
I am very Pleased to see the POPE, Wash and Kiss, the Feet of Convicts, like Jesus Did, I would Be the first to say, that there is a Lot!, I dont know or understand, about the Cathlic Church, however, I also noticed the Nuns on the Bus Tour, during the Election, the Nuns, the Brides, of Christ, that Give their whole Life to GOD! Reminding People, about the True Purpose of (GOD) that serving GOD, is not about YOU, or what He can do for you, rather what you can do for Him! I have been waiting for the TRUE CHRISTIANS, to Stand Up, and Shout! Right now I wonder if I should Register Republican, before I can go to Church, Please, Politics, is beneath the Church, do not be used by these People!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97659 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Good I see you think religion is bad for humans also, I agree.
I see you need to work on your English skills if that's your attempt at active listening.

Location hidden

#97660 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I forgot how touchy you westboro christians can be. Of course all religion is irrelevant being based on superstition and ignorance. Very religie of you on the name calling, wwjd.
Jesus would forgive you for your ignorance. As do I.

Location hidden

#97661 Mar 28, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Does the Mormon church excommunicate those that masturbate? What about having wet dreams? What about affairs in the church?

That would be a question for Nephilim and Known Fact also. How many times can one repent in the LDS church and be forgiven for repeated offenses and still be in good standing?

It seems a lot on sinning by Christians is because of lust or greed.
No they don't excommunicate for that. They offer counseling for any addiction though.

"Good standing" is really between you and God. It isn't for others to decide.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97662 Mar 28, 2013
Ninety Nine Percent wrote:
I would like to ask a few ?, about Faith, and the (BIBLE), I am a Middle Aged Male, 56yrs Old, and have never been to Church in my Life, however, I have no Doubt that there is a (GOD), and that He has all ways been with Me! I Live in Manchester Ky., and would Like Nothing More than to Donate, or Give, the rest of My life to Him! I have always Felt like He had a Purpose, or a Plan for Me! I would give what is left of my Life, Totally to Him! The World and everthing that is in it, means nothing to Me, only His Purpose, for Me! I have come to understand, that Faith is not enough, that you must also have Doctrine, or the Word of GOD! I would like to start a serious discusion, and use this Computer for a Worthy Cause!
Do you think it is better to be an Athiests than a religious hypocrite?

Location hidden

#97663 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Hey do whut you cherry pickin? You missed this,

do whut wrote:
My point exactly. That statistic was irrelevant.

Mean ole Atheist wrote,
Unless it supports your view? I see you had no comments for mister 6 million religies point of view, lol, religie hypocrite. Fun yet?
I didn't see the post about 6 million anything

Location hidden

#97664 Mar 28, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>But child abuse is acceptable to you religies, as long as they don't die?
If time out is considered child abuse, I'm surprised you're not in a corner now
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97665 Mar 28, 2013
meant Atheist

“There is no god.”

USA

#97666 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you need to work on your English skills if that's your attempt at active listening.
I see you still have no clue.
MMXXIII

Hazard, KY

#97667 Mar 28, 2013
This link is total nonsense.............

“There is no god.”

USA

#97668 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus would forgive you for your ignorance. As do I.
Lmao, ignorance is believing in a invisible sky pappy.

“There is no god.”

USA

#97669 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't see the post about 6 million anything
Of course you did not, convenient.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
megan marie rogers woolum 2 hr Curious 1
moma screwer 3 hr Piggy 8
Darren k west pickup Sampson lane election signs 6 hr Neighbor 1
Darren k west come to catron ave get your signs 6 hr Ruth 4
Darren k west please pick up political signs 9 hr Please 8
Darren west pick up your Election signs PLEASE... 9 hr Please Darren 19
Darren k west clean up your signs 11 hr Jerry 8
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Mon beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match