Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,660)

Showing posts 93,181 - 93,200 of122,788
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, what's so ignorant of me, I reply to all you atheist comments, but it's not convincing enough for me to change, but how about you think about that. Are you a smug, condescending, ignorant atheist.
Well since you asked, lets start with not giving any straight answers to questions, instead you go off on a tangent and avoid the question, second when confronted with a bible verse you flounder around like a fish out of water, third you quickly resorted to name calling and attacking instead of answering questions or using FACTS to back up what you say.(a sure sign that you do not really believe in your god)
what the freak

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

A man about 70 years old who was passing Bibles to children around the Middle School was reported to the Sheriff's Department by an onlooker who said it was "inappropriate" for him to do that

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

what the freak wrote:
A man about 70 years old who was passing Bibles to children around the Middle School was reported to the Sheriff's Department by an onlooker who said it was "inappropriate" for him to do that
Where? When? Sounds made up to me.

Are you actually on AOL? That still exists?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Ahhhh, I need not forget, you are in that cult that likes young virgins of 12 years old or younger, hows that sickness working out for you, religie?
No you didn't forget. You're just wrong. There is a difference.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
Do all you religies feel stupid? You must if what I post bothers you religies. Anyway I think I will use that other religies saying. I must be a religie whisperer, I post and you religies dance. Gotta have faith, lmao.
Not when I respond to you. Actually to the contrary. It's actually kind of fun for me to expose your ignorance and bigotry. And all the while you don't even realize it, as this post demonstrates.
My speech with most is with respect, but for me, that respect should be mutual, or respect from me is not earned. So my responses to you will be very different. It will be mostly for fun.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Did your god cum with mary? HAHAHAHAHA
Your god is weak and can not harm me because I own a car (try to figure out which bible verse that came from)
Scare tactics show how weak your cult really is, you have no merit to stand on so you must use scare tactics
Wow. Now that was just tasteless dude

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>75% of Americans claim to be Christian. 63% of Americans have been incarcerated. "Things that make you go "Hmmm..."?"
Where did that number come from? With that mentality, over half of everyone we know, including family would have been incarcerated. Uhhhh I don't think so. Source please.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
What's your point?
How to waste time redundantly, daily.

HA.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
and here some of us thought....that was the breeze flittering threw, wafting with it the fresh aroma from the bull hockey doodoo pasture again.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Not when I respond to you. Actually to the contrary. It's actually kind of fun for me to expose your ignorance and bigotry. And all the while you don't even realize it, as this post demonstrates.
My speech with most is with respect, but for me, that respect should be mutual, or respect from me is not earned. So my responses to you will be very different. It will be mostly for fun.
Lmao, respect, I have zero for religies or religion. I also must say, roflmao. And as for me caring about an idiot religie having respect for me, why would I lower myself to such a fungus level, yuck. Thank god I'm Atheist.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No you didn't forget. You're just wrong. There is a difference.
That religie special understanding at work.
TruthIs

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Johnny Come Lately wrote:
<quoted text>When Darwin came up with his theory it was so sound, the Church feared it would debunk their myths. Most people at that time got their news from their church. The Church of England propagated the myth that Darwin claimed we came from apes to discourage the flock from reading it. It worked so well, it is still used as an excuse today. He didn't say it rained apes one day. Again read the book. Darwin claims apes and humans evolved from the same subspecies. DNA tests have shown this to be the case. This theory is much easier for one to believe than the idea we all came from two people. If that were the case we would all be committing incest, which is against your religion.
Listen proganda hatred spewer Fido number whatever you are-

I have my own theory, based upon OTHER theories-and it's much more quantum and cambrian like.

So spare me the little grade school/junior high levels of "neeneener projectionism", because that kind of stupid just automatically dumps you into my DUHbin..do not recycle, just toss to the trashcans of ignorance.

But I will give you two points for at least finally removing your fingers out of one ear of denial for a moment long enough to to ADMIT-the CHURCHES and clergies of this world have LONG time been, institutions of education!

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Please consider for a moment the ignorance of the average religie fundamentalist follower of the holyhatebible.

Then let the realization sink in that by definition, fully half of those religie types must be even dumber than that.

do whut?

Yep.

Oleo lord protect us from your followers for they be filled with your hate and want respect and 12 year old kids as mates and are mostly delusional and hates them some truth and O hell you get the point.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Well now that is a load of bull.
First, Arkansas has a law against Atheist holding office, second there are many republicans that have stated in the past that blacks are not human and most wealthy christians look down on blacks and Spanish people (and you know it!) as for gay marriage being a stepping stone, is that the same argument against mixed race marriage? Personally I do not understand why any one would care one way or another about gay marriage as it has no effect on them. Of course some people do get off on fantasizing about what others do in private..........
I am shocked, I expect more intelligent post from you but lately you seam to have dumbed down and only reply negatively to others. What happened?
Let me guess, Foxnews or Gretchen Carlson's nice legs.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Magical thinking?
And no, if you read what I posted they said they hefted and handled them.
Yes, magical thinking. If you believe in an invisible sky entity that grants everlasting life then you are engaging in magical thinking. Theism = magic. The opposite of natural is supernatural. Magic.

You already said that evidence is not an important factor. Without evidence, there is only faith. Faith, by nature, is based on nothing. That's why it has never been a fruitful way of thinking. You can have faith all day long but when you want to plow a field you need a real thing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Magical thinking?
And no, if you read what I posted they said they hefted and handled them.
So, regarding the witnesses to the golden plates, did any of them literally see the plates? Up close? Touch them? Where are the plates now?

Ok, so the internet is literally LOADED with LDS apologists desperately trying to argue the validity of these witnesses. You can't Google this stuff without getting dozens and dozens of Mormon websites. Very few people outside the LDS even cares about the topic. Most don't even know about it. The only reason I know about it is because a lot of my favorite podcasts are from former LDS members and this is something they know a lot about.

For my money this is really the crux of it:

1) Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. That's sort of the essence of Occam's Razor, and I think it is a very good standard. So if I said "I ate Fruit Loops for breakfast" you could assume I'm telling the truth. It's not a very weird claim to make. But if I said "Aliens fed me Fruit Loops for breakfast" suddenly you're going to need a LOT of evidence to believe me.

2) The claims of Joseph Smith and many of the early LDS church members are extraordinary. Hell, having an angel visit you and lead you to some treasure is by itself a claim that is going to require a metric f*ckton of evidence for me to buy it. Let alone all the other sorcery and magic junk that goes along with it. So for me to buy that Smith had these golden plates he got from an Angel is going to take a lot more than the testimony of a few witnesses.

3) Eyewitness testimony is among the worst evidence you can have. Human memory and perception is notoriously fallible. People do not remember things very accurately. Consider this article on how we twist and mangle memory due to social pressures:

http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/10/how...

There are many other reasons to reject the witnesses as reliable sources. When you look at the history of the LDS it is like the history of Bigfoot. Believers claim to have seen him or at least strongly believe in him, but he's always just out of reach. Never quite in focus.

Same with Smith's miracle church. There just isn't anything to go by except what they wrote down. And for pete's sake we can write anything we want.

You can believe it all you want. I don't care. But if we're going to debate it, then show me the evidence strong enough to support your extraordinary claims. Otherwise it's just something you believe and something I do not.
Didyew

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me guess, Foxnews or Gretchen Carlson's nice legs.
feed duh flock o' birdbrains today?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen proganda hatred spewer Fido number whatever you are-
I have my own theory, based upon OTHER theories-and it's much more quantum and cambrian like.
So spare me the little grade school/junior high levels of "neeneener projectionism", because that kind of stupid just automatically dumps you into my DUHbin..do not recycle, just toss to the trashcans of ignorance.
But I will give you two points for at least finally removing your fingers out of one ear of denial for a moment long enough to to ADMIT-the CHURCHES and clergies of this world have LONG time been, institutions of education!
Sure, the Catholic Church was the leading institution of education during the Middle Ages in the Western world. If you wanted to learn, you could become a monk and spend most of your time learning. There were monks going into the East and introducing people to Western ideas and advances.

But that does not mean God did it. Nor does it mean religion makes you smart. It means the Catholic Church was the only power great enough to be able to offer that kind of space for learning. And at the time they had no reason to think that learning about reality via early quasi-science would damage faith. It wasn't until the 16 or 17th centuries when science started to really get going that the Church kinda figured out what was happening. Unrestricted critical thinking leads almost inevitably to the erosion of faith.

Because faith is antithetical to critical thinking. They do not go together very well. They can exist in the same mind, but they don't function simultaneously. To have faith, you cannot be critical. To be critical means to not have faith.

And by the way, the only people on the planet who denounce evolution are Creationists. And they are, to the man, stupid.
pat

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

xxoutlaw wrote:
<quoted text> ur going to burn in hell
...if there was a hell, and I did go, I bet I'd see alot of people with bibles next to me. LOLOLOLOLOL.
...so you wish your fire filled hell on me do you???
...well, I hope you get hit by a mack truck tomorrow, and possibly decapitated...and your head rolls far away, body left unrecognizable, burned to a crisp!...because you don't belive what I believe...
...did I beat your fire filled torture for eternity threat?...do I sound evil???

...I'm an atheist, suck my balls...fuck your god/gods...please send your threats my way, just so I know I wasted a little of your time.....LOLOLOLOLOLOL ....suck it!
pat

Science Hill, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,181 - 93,200 of122,788
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

17 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Best elementary school 53 min mother of 2 16
Coming soon to America!!! SICK 58 min guss 8
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Mississippi Man 81,205
hbic is bridget doolin she has herpies (Jul '09) 1 hr patient 17
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Mao-bama Zombies 138,707
Anti-NRA Protesters 2 hr guss 14
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 3 hr Funny 19
Corey vs. Collins 7 hr Charley 57
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search