Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,659)

Showing posts 93,161 - 93,180 of122,889
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
There are people out there who unfortunately label themselves as Christian when they have no clue who their Maker is. Maybe you have seen them on TV..some even deny their own children...Maybe it was those crazies.
A person that KNOWS JESUS would never do these things.
It is very SAD and breaks the heart of God and those that know Him how certain denominations have represented themselves. Scared people away from God. People will get it wrong, another reason to have GOD LEAD our lives. Another reason wisdom and discernment are needed, sheep from the wolves..
GOD BLESS ALL
Someone who knows this snake oil can cure cancer will be cured.

You are just reciting scam dogma.
Johnny Come Lately

Belfry, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember Aheists, God will come, when you say, I believe you now, I believe you now, nope! You're going to hell.
Those are your fears not mine.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
Atheists are people who fight Christianity, to be free to do sin.
Sure, going to church every day would be a waste of time, and since that's one of the only real sins that aren't contradicted which we commit ...

Of course you claiming to know what your god thinks is also a sin, but we don't do that, that's all you. Of course if you follow the bible, that explains why there are so many christians killing, raping, beating people, and discriminating.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
Hold on there buddy!
A) the world is bigger than your backyard. Christianity is just one branch of the nut tree I'd like to see uprooted.

B) I think you're projecting your own desires. I'm not sure what pent up "sins" you're wishing you were free to explore (I really don't want to know either) but maybe you should look at some prison statistics.
http://current.com/community/92831935_atheist...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, going to church every day would be a waste of time, and since that's one of the only real sins that aren't contradicted which we commit ...
Of course you claiming to know what your god thinks is also a sin, but we don't do that, that's all you. Of course if you follow the bible, that explains why there are so many christians killing, raping, beating people, and discriminating.
75% of Americans claim to be Christian. 63% of Americans have been incarcerated. "Things that make you go "Hmmm..."?"

“official chess Grand master”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I go to church on only a Sunday for 2hours, that's 24/7 for what atheists call it.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You truly are deranged, who says Thank you to someone who calls you deranged
I will let you work through it.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the exact same question for you Atheists. do all you feel deranged. You must be if my posts bother you.
And where you come up with dance, you must be really deranged.
Very original, just as a religie should be.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
Lmao, the jig is up.

Cape Town, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL, since when are there Christians that rape, beat and especially discriminate. Atheists have the highest discriminating rate in the world!!! 150 Atheists through out Asia have been fined and imprisoned for that!!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, I go to church on only a Sunday for 2hours, that's 24/7 for what atheists call it.
Sunday? Jesus' Sabbath was sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.
When you're done being smug, condescending and ignorant, you might mind your 4th commandment.
How did you do on that PEWS quiz, by the way? LOL!

Cape Town, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao, the jig is up.
What jig, that's what teenagers' say.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL, since when are there Christians that rape, beat and especially discriminate. Atheists have the highest discriminating rate in the world!!! 150 Atheists through out Asia have been fined and imprisoned for that!!
What? There are so many millions of christians raping little children and the white churches hate blacks and Spanish people.
You can SAY anything but ACTIONS speak the truth
http://stopbaptistpredators.org/index.htm
https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy...

Cape Town, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sunday? Jesus' Sabbath was sundown Friday to sundown Saturday.
When you're done being smug, condescending and ignorant, you might mind your 4th commandment.
How did you do on that PEWS quiz, by the way? LOL!
Oh, what's so ignorant of me, I reply to all you atheist comments, but it's not convincing enough for me to change, but how about you think about that. Are you a smug, condescending, ignorant atheist.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
What jig, that's what teenagers' say.
A religie that brings up kids, who would of thought, sick sick religies.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, what's so ignorant of me, I reply to all you atheist comments, but it's not convincing enough for me to change, but how about you think about that. Are you a smug, condescending, ignorant atheist.
No, I disagree, you're not ignorant because you reply to Atheist posts, you should blame it on that religion and god thing. Anyway at least you see your ignorance, good job.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for the things that are against the laws they are in the prisons and jails. As for discrimination, denying gays the right to marry who they love is the most publicized one, others include making laws against atheists holding office, slavery, denying that black people are human is the longest standing one.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for the things that are against the laws they are in the prisons and jails. As for discrimination, denying gays the right to marry who they love is the most publicized one, others include making laws against atheists holding office, slavery, denying that black people are human is the longest standing one.
That's the most idiotic ignorant post I have seen in a while.. There is No laws against atheists holding office anywhere in the US, Slavery was handled long ago, and No One I have ever heard has concluded blacks were not human.... As for Gay marriage... It's a stepping stone issue for me... Once made a mandate there is no reasonable argument against Marriage of 1 man and 12 women with all 12 women given the same benefits as in any marriage, or 1 woman and 22 men, or 12 men, or what ever Grouping becomes acceptable to a minority group... Once the Definition of Marriage becomes other than 1 Man and 1 Woman the gates are open to pretty much anything a minority group wishes to assert as Marriage.. MAMBLA may be the next to call for Marriage Rights between a 15 year old and a 55 year old man... Or some old coot and his goat... The Exact Same Arguments for same sex marriage today can be used for polygamous marriages in the future....

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the most idiotic ignorant post I have seen in a while.. There is No laws against atheists holding office anywhere in the US, Slavery was handled long ago, and No One I have ever heard has concluded blacks were not human.... As for Gay marriage... It's a stepping stone issue for me... Once made a mandate there is no reasonable argument against Marriage of 1 man and 12 women with all 12 women given the same benefits as in any marriage, or 1 woman and 22 men, or 12 men, or what ever Grouping becomes acceptable to a minority group... Once the Definition of Marriage becomes other than 1 Man and 1 Woman the gates are open to pretty much anything a minority group wishes to assert as Marriage.. MAMBLA may be the next to call for Marriage Rights between a 15 year old and a 55 year old man... Or some old coot and his goat... The Exact Same Arguments for same sex marriage today can be used for polygamous marriages in the future....
First, let's get your slippery slope fallacy out of the way. There, now we can move onto your failed assertions:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/...
Pretty self-explanatory.

I didn't say people in the US still had slavery, but many cultures do enslave their women still.

People have only recently given up that "black people are not human" point en-masse, but a lot of people still actually do believe that.

Polygamy use to be legal ... just a bonus one, a reminder that your marriage laws have changed a lot anyway.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now that is a load of bull.
First, Arkansas has a law against Atheist holding office, second there are many republicans that have stated in the past that blacks are not human and most wealthy christians look down on blacks and Spanish people (and you know it!) as for gay marriage being a stepping stone, is that the same argument against mixed race marriage? Personally I do not understand why any one would care one way or another about gay marriage as it has no effect on them. Of course some people do get off on fantasizing about what others do in private..........
I am shocked, I expect more intelligent post from you but lately you seam to have dumbed down and only reply negatively to others. What happened?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 93,161 - 93,180 of122,889
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 5 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,688
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 6 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,441
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 12 min Anne52 81,218
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 46 min Commietator 138,790
Corey vs. Collins 1 hr wake up call 62
lamon jones 4 hr guss 29
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 6 hr Yep 16,031
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search