Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,163

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97543 Mar 28, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
1) If you already believe something to be true, then you search for evidence to back it up you are embracing a strong bias. Science, or critical thinking, is designed to eliminate as much bias as possible. However, scientists do seek evidence to support their hypothesis, which is similar to what you describe here. But there is a powerful difference. When a hypothesis is presented to a crowd of peers and those peers do not find the evidence compelling it is rejected. A good scientist then modifies the idea or abandons it. They do not cling to it out of faith. Faith is what you have when you lack a reason. It hangs on nothing but a feeling.
2) If you accept science (particles and junk) then why tack on the added complication of a Designer? Back in Joseph Smith's day he would not have had any idea about particles. No mention of them in the BoM. No mention of quantum physics. Then along comes science and discovers these properties of the universe. Suddenly God takes on the role of being behind those properties. In fact, each time we discover some deeper fact about how the universe works you have to move God one step backward in the process. In Smith's day it would have been acceptable for an educated man to say that God keeps the planets moving and has a hand in every day life. Today we know so much more about that stuff that it makes no sense to say that. God has been pushed back to an even more remote position, always occupying that space of knowledge where humans have not yet penetrated.
The term for that is God of the Gaps. You put God into the unknown spaces. Those areas of the map that say "here be monsters".
You have brought up some interesting points,great debate.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97544 Mar 28, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said evidence wasn't important. I said there will never be proof, and that the plan was for us to have to rely on faith. That doesn't mean I don't enjoy searching for evidences of the things I believe. It's cool for me to run across something that affirms my faith.
Just because I believe in a creator, a higher power that had a hand in the intricate details of how particles work together, to the amazing human body, to the wonders if the universe, doesn't mean it's magic. It's just admitting that we aren't the smartest creatures in existence.
But yet, what other species can read, process and rationalize opinion.

On this planet anyway.

Things that can make people go hmmm...to have such innate ability and then for so many to STILL opt to act like much lower level of intelligence, near brainless animals, with out any modicom of ethical excuse.....why even Science warns Against the ignorance of such!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#97545 Mar 28, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
But yet, what other species can read, process and rationalize opinion.
On this planet anyway.
Things that can make people go hmmm...to have such innate ability and then for so many to STILL opt to act like much lower level of intelligence, near brainless animals, with out any modicom of ethical excuse.....why even Science warns Against the ignorance of such!
Other apes, and some chimps. Try this "thought experiment," come up with one trait humans have which no other animal has, dare you to.

Oh, and it has to be a real one, "soul" is not supported by evidence, nor is "spirit."
TruthIs

London, KY

#97546 Mar 28, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"All I can do is explain it to you, I cannot understand it for you"
Oh and by the way, no it isn't...
Couldn't you've have just referenced quantumn PHYSICS. Theoretically, it does classify in it's own realms, rather than that of the continual evolutionary process based upon stuff that was already there (the key words being already there)...

tsk

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97547 Mar 28, 2013
James Holmes, the Co. shooter has accepted jesus as his savior and asked god for forgiveness so he is now your brother (if you are a christian) ad will be in heaven with you i love
Bwahahahaha
TruthIs

London, KY

#97548 Mar 28, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're admitting that your posts are bullshit? That's a first.
In the field of many piles of it!!!!!!

Wanna see it out the left corner of mouthage?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97549 Mar 28, 2013
Merlin the Wizard wrote:
The globalists are pushing through their agenda.
Like imposing tax on emails and each gigabyte used.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97550 Mar 28, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
I've seen a lot of good, accurate info on SOME of dem dare uh "creationist" sites. Current even! Where you specifically referring to general creationists, young earth creationist, traditional creationists, Methodology creationists (uhoh LOL) or elsewise.
They're all idiots. They all start with a proposition (god created everything) and then try to find data to support it. Which leads to cherry picking, fabrication, and ignoring contradictory data. It's the exact opposite of the scientific method.
I had a hard time making sense of the rest of your post. Either I haven't had enough coffee yet, or you haven't had enough meds yet. Not sure which...
TruthIs

London, KY

#97551 Mar 28, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
I think that every one should go to a church, how else can they burn them down?
Gay people are not under the old law, they are under grace. Gay people are not perfect they are just forgiven.
Is that a pork chop you are eating?
Do yew like the Geico lizard or the piglet better?

We won't hate yew for your own personal preference lol.

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#97552 Mar 28, 2013
Byy
TruthIs

London, KY

#97553 Mar 28, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
James Holmes, the Co. shooter has accepted jesus as his savior and asked god for forgiveness so he is now your brother (if you are a christian) ad will be in heaven with you i love
Bwahahahaha
Ah Don't think that guy is really sane enough to conceptualize the concepts of.
For obvious reasons.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97554 Mar 28, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Like imposing tax on emails and each gigabyte used.
Wow...still that buzzing around huh?

Good for the U.S. Postal Service-badduh for gigabyte wasters lol.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97555 Mar 28, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Couldn't you've have just referenced quantumn PHYSICS. Theoretically, it does classify in it's own realms, rather than that of the continual evolutionary process based upon stuff that was already there (the key words being already there)...
tsk
What the? Are you having a meltdown? You're barely getting coherent thoughts together now. Slow down....breathe. It's going to be ok...
TruthIs

London, KY

#97556 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
They're all idiots. They all start with a proposition (god created everything) and then try to find data to support it. Which leads to cherry picking, fabrication, and ignoring contradictory data. It's the exact opposite of the scientific method.
I had a hard time making sense of the rest of your post. Either I haven't had enough coffee yet, or you haven't had enough meds yet. Not sure which...
Thank you for being a shining example of the ten second thought process of whuuutuh--it's not swallowing the malespoogefed spin hook, line and sinkuh....but, but...Derwood's earthworm theory sayz.....

Have ye another cup, you'll need it lol.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97557 Mar 28, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
THE ENCERDABLE CELL
There are 100 trillion cells in the human body and each cell has the DNA for the make up. That is SCIENTIFIC! Explain how that could come about through evolution.
OH AND BY THE WAY THE SCIENTIFIC WORLD IS EXPOSING AND DISPROVING YOUR EVOLUTION THEORY!
Who in the scientific world. Can you give the name of the magazine or book you read that in?
TruthIs

London, KY

#97558 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
What the? Are you having a meltdown? You're barely getting coherent thoughts together now. Slow down....breathe. It's going to be ok...
okaayyyy..are composed enough now...

FA-IZ-ICKS.

Of the quantum type!
So true

Franklin, KY

#97559 Mar 28, 2013
Well you guys have ran off and left me now.. Good day to you all anyway..
TruthIs

London, KY

#97560 Mar 28, 2013
Our children can see wrote:
Byy
Can see what?

Reality, logic and rationality, from fake and phony, or unrealistic?

GOOD, ethical, moral leadership by example, rather than Do as I say not as I do when out of sight hypocricy?

GOOD. They'll be a better CHARACTER of people for it!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#97561 Mar 28, 2013
I see our resident self proclaimed NAZI RELIGIE has teamed up with another lying child molesting hypocrite religie, lmao, they run in packs.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#97562 Mar 28, 2013
<quoted text>
"They're all idiots." especially when they claim to be a nazi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where the heck is brandon brayson? (Apr '11) 33 min truth 7
jason hughes 36 min whoa 12
Linda Darlene Doolin (Jan '09) 51 min barberette5657 3
teena Marie mills 1 hr infoman 7
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 1 hr Darren 226
food stamp office 1 hr Darren 16
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 3 hr Just a fact 22
praying it's all a lie 23 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating