Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
93,021 - 93,040 of 130,451 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the info. The things I read made it look like Smith's dad and brother were always in. I'd post the links but I can't say I really care. If I had my choice I would of rather of been raised Mormon, they seem like they would be easier to get out of. At least they believe in education and don't seem near as stupid as the cult I was raised in.

You represent your religion a lot better than Known Crap represents the JWs.
Thanks.
I think.:-)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
And it doesn't qualify as an answer BECAUSE....????? Wow lol
I guess you didn't understand the example I provided.

I'll try again.

If you asked me "what is 2 + 2?" and I replied with "the answer is in a math book" would you think that qualifies as an answer?
WTF

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

religious literacy wrote:
this could be a good thing for the state of Kentucky - there needs to be some structure around how people teach religion in our schools.
what the heck is wrong with people these days? this country was built on IN GOD WE TRUST. hello? are u all nuts, or what? seriously, wtf. without the knowledge of the power of GOD we will not prosper. thanks for being one of those who suck and will send this country straight to hell. yes, hell's a real place, as so is heaven.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>I guess you didn't understand the example I provided.

I'll try again.

If you asked me "what is 2 + 2?" and I replied with "the answer is in a math book" would you think that qualifies as an answer?
I guess you don't understand my answer
WTF

Whitesburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So I can take that testimonial as admission that you've tried them all. Amazing.
hey cro?! i can absolutely tell u I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THEM and also GOD/JESUS/HOLY SPIRIT. and the chick is correct. only GOD IS THE HIGH OF ALL HIGHS. and yes, i can also prove it medically of every single type of drug there is, i have done. so poop on u. GOD -there is no high like the highest of all highs. and than is ^GOD^

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>If you have faith in a God,maybe not the true God as you described, let say a muslim or hindu, does that keep you from eternal hell? Or do you have to be christian no matter what denomination to escape the everlasting torture by God?
We believe that everyone has the chance to hear and choose to accept the full gospel of Jesus Christ. If not on this earth, then in the Spirit world after this life where we all go to await judgement day.
Since I know several will say that isn't Biblical, I'll remind them of the scriptures where Christ mentions a prison, and a paradise. This is the Spirit world. For example, Christ went to teach the souls in prison after His death. Why, if they had no chance to accept His teachings? To mock them? I don't think so.
So I would imagine that all the people who didn't believe there is an afterlife, they may be more willing to listen after they are still aware of their surroundings after death, right? Now, I don't know if people will have another chance to hear it if they already rejected it on earth. Who knows? But I would imagine hearing only pieces of the gospel isn't really fair, since they are still kind of ignorant of the full gospel, even if the ignorance was willful. I would think they would still have the ability to learn it in its entirety and then decide. Not for me to make those rules though.

Anyway, as I said before, that is why we do baptisms for the dead. Since we believe that baptism is a necessary ordinance for salvation, we do this work for them, in case they decide in the Spirit world to accept the gospel. It's still their choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

WTF wrote:
<quoted text> what the heck is wrong with people these days? this country was built on IN GOD WE TRUST. hello? are u all nuts, or what? seriously, wtf. without the knowledge of the power of GOD we will not prosper. thanks for being one of those who suck and will send this country straight to hell. yes, hell's a real place, as so is heaven.
No, no it wasn't. "In God We Trust" was introduced in the mid 1950s in response to the Soviets.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you don't understand my answer
I understood your response. It was a deflection. You're avoiding actually answering my question.
Maybe you're afraid to think about it?
happy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>So I can take that testimonial as admission that you've tried them all. Amazing.
We all have an amazing -life-story I'm sure. I was rescued, it's amazing. You may never understand it. God is persuing you. He does love you whether you choose to believe that or not is totally your choice

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>I can think of a few reasons.

1) We know it was written by Joseph Smith. There is no reason or evidence to suggest it came from any other source.

2) Scripture does not mean fact. There is no reason to assume anything the Bible says is true. To operate from the view that it is true means you start with your answer and rationalize your way from there. And that is not how we do history, science, or any other truth seeking endeavor.
Both 1 and 2 involve faith. I fully admit that. I have said before I believe that's one of the main reasons we are on this earth, to have our faith tested. With proof, there is no room for faith.

How about this: for those that have faith in God, and believe the Bible to be the word of God, why can't there be other records from other groups of people that Jesus visited when He told us he was leaving to tend to other sheep?

And as for 1. That was the purpose of the witnesses of the Book of Mormon. If you read the testimonies of the people that wrote what they saw, they did so to say that they saw and handled the gold plates and witnessed the angel Moroni that brought it forth.

Again I realize faith is required because one could argue that these men were all in cahoots. Though it isn't plausible to me that these men would risk their lives to do all of this, lose everything they had and still die poor.
Some of them even got mad at Joseph at some point and turned away from him but never denounced the BOM and what they said they witnessed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>I'm writing them!
He showed up and saved me!
Me too, but I think He meant a more literal presence.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.exmormon.org/stories.htm

also type in "ex-mormons becoming Christians"
into your search engine!
How is that a response to my comment?

You don't think I went through all this before I converted?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great post!
When my Dad converted from mormonism....
He received the Lord with such happiness, and tears!
He was ashamed of his time with the Mormons, and repented
everyday!
I was glad to help him find Jesus!
My catholic friend, when he converted said...
"I never heard God's voice before in the catholic church..."
I thank Jesus that their eyes were opened!
Amen!
I had a similar experience when joining the LDS church and leaving my old one behind.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Just so you get it right Satan is God and the Lord and jehovah is the devil
What drives you to that conclusion if I may ask?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
To maintain a religie, the church just feeds it bull excrement and keeps it in the dark kinda like a theological fungus.
How old are you?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you?
Lol, good one, religies never let ya down.
You looking for an alter boy? Lmao, that was a good one also.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

WTF wrote:
<quoted text> what the heck is wrong with people these days? this country was built on IN GOD WE TRUST. hello? are u all nuts, or what? seriously, wtf. without the knowledge of the power of GOD we will not prosper. thanks for being one of those who suck and will send this country straight to hell. yes, hell's a real place, as so is heaven.
No. It wasn't built on "In God We Trust." That was a kneejerk that came later. WTF? Did you flunk out of American History 102?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>hey cro?! i can absolutely tell u I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THEM and also GOD/JESUS/HOLY SPIRIT. and the chick is correct. only GOD IS THE HIGH OF ALL HIGHS. and yes, i can also prove it medically of every single type of drug there is, i have done. so poop on u. GOD -there is no high like the highest of all highs. and than is ^GOD^
You say that I've tried all of them (drugs)?
Why is it that I CONSTANTLY have to tell Christians not to bear false witness? Is it because they think all they have to do is say "I'm sorry. Forgive me." and their sins are POOF! All Gone.
?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Chro when you KNOW JESUS no drug could ever compare. You are on a natural high. U should try Him. AMAZING
I'm well familiar with your emotionally charged thought processes.
I understand a little more about Jesus than you think I do, and I know a lot more about a lot of things than you seem to.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2013

Judged:

WTF wrote:
<quoted text>hey cro?! i can absolutely tell u I HAVE TRIED ALL OF THEM and also GOD/JESUS/HOLY SPIRIT. and the chick is correct. only GOD IS THE HIGH OF ALL HIGHS. and yes, i can also prove it medically of every single type of drug there is, i have done. so poop on u. GOD -there is no high like the highest of all highs. and than is ^GOD^
Oh, sorry. i thought u said U thought i'D tried all of tHem. u R you sing BaBytalK weird use of KEYboard no caps ALL CAPS jive threw me off. L8r

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min brer rabbit 1,059
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Curmudgeon 151,027
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 2 hr yep 15
union 3 hr curious 7
betty mills 3 hr town girl 1
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 hr SLY WEST 3,489
hot girl a the funeral home 5 hr justbecause0105 5
Ambulance hit 3 people last night in Knox count... 14 hr Hey 16
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••