Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,425

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97415 Mar 27, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Since I mentioned Utah, I thought this was interesting. Brigham wanted to name the state Deseret, but the President of the US at that time was not very fond of Mormons, so he said it will be called Utah, after the Ute indians. It could be argued that this fulfilled a prophesy by Isaiah:
Chapter 2, verse 2
2 And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.
In Ute, the word utah means top of the mountains. Just thought that was interesting.
Interesting? Eh. More like pattern hunting. This is why I detest magical thinking.

I'll reply to you later on the witnesses thing. I think you are wrong about their validity. If I remember correctly, none of them literally saw anything. Weren't they speaking of spiritual "sight"? As in God told them?

When God tells you something it is not exactly compelling evidence. Unless you also think Allah and Buddha and Indra and Odin told people valid things.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97416 Mar 27, 2013
Johnny Come Lately wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe, just maybe had you paid attention in school, or actually read Darwin's Origin of the species, you would know it does not say we came from apes. This was a myth made up by the Church of England, and is still believed to this day by ignorant people who would rather believe a liar than read something for themselves.
And here's something MORE for people to read, rather than just settle just one source of opinion-because there are MANY, far BETTER, unbiased researched articles to read from.

It was difficult finding any fossils that appeared to be \'ape-men\' to fill in the Evolution ape man chart during the first few decades of the theory. By the year 1925 there had been two or three of these. The Piltdown man was being used as an example of human evolution (which was later exposed as a hoax) in addition to Java Man (which was later shown to be the combination of two bones from different species).

The Evolution Ape Man Chart And The Nebraska Man
Creationism Vs Evolution Any Scientific Evolution Evidence

Evolutionists desired to put evolution into the schools but were finding it very difficult. They decided to put on a ‘circus' type event in order to get attention to the theory. This event was called the ‘Scopes Trial' but was eventually referred to as The Monkey Trial.

It was more of a spectacle than a real trial. With all of the national attention that this event received, it was important that the evolutionists "made a splash". They certainly did that with a new \'ape-man\' dubbed The Nebraska Man.

This \'ape-man\' was drawn with artistic license from one single tooth. The creationists felt like this was \'foul play\' because they were presented with this creature without having any chance for research.

The evolutionists alleged that the anti-evolutionists simply could not accept any new evidence that contradicted their ideas.

After the ‘smoke had cleared', the Darwinists walked away with an outright victory (technically they lost the ‘trial' but won the national approval by many). The huge amount of publicity had worked. This so called \'ape-man\' was very instrumental in putting Darwinism on the map and into the schools.

Bryant, A. The Evolution Ape Man Chart And Humans And The Nebraska Man. Articlebase.com 3/29/2010.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#97417 Mar 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No.... Just because you are delusional does not mean you have a free pass with your delusions....
Oh, shut up, what do atheists know you deranged little kid

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97418 Mar 27, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you believe in leprechauns too?
https://www.google.com/url...
Sure, delusional little child

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97419 Mar 27, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Good post, I agree, if there were no religies we would not be able to spot the delusional nut case believers as easy, Thanks.
Deranged Atheist number 1

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97420 Mar 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You call murder and rape interesting? You think that brainwashing innocent children to grow up and become baptist is interesting?
You are what is wrong with society
Many Christians have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned and suffered, because of Muslims and atheists and then you guys just laugh and enjoy it when it's on the news. Respect people for their beliefs and that's just all I can say to you Hypocrites

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97421 Mar 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You call murder and rape interesting? You think that brainwashing innocent children to grow up and become baptist is interesting?
You are what is wrong with society
Lol! We are what's wrong, because of helping people and saving them, we are doing wrong and are bad, bad rude people.

Are you a deranged little 6year old or is that your mental age.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97422 Mar 27, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting? Eh. More like pattern hunting. This is why I detest magical thinking.

I'll reply to you later on the witnesses thing. I think you are wrong about their validity. If I remember correctly, none of them literally saw anything. Weren't they speaking of spiritual "sight"? As in God told them?

When God tells you something it is not exactly compelling evidence. Unless you also think Allah and Buddha and Indra and Odin told people valid things.
Magical thinking?

And no, if you read what I posted they said they hefted and handled them.
Anonymous

United States

#97423 Mar 27, 2013
Atheists r so stupid,90% of them r sex offenders and live in there parents basement
pat

London, KY

#97424 Mar 27, 2013

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97426 Mar 27, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol! We are what's wrong, because of helping people and saving them, we are doing wrong and are bad, bad rude people.
Are you a deranged little 6year old or is that your mental age.
So when a group of christians beat a homeless man to death they where helping him?
Or when a group of christians burnt a woman alive (two weeks ago) they where helping her? I know, I know, when a group of christians blew up a womans clinic, murdering the Doctors, employees, and clients inside they where "helping" them.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97427 Mar 27, 2013
xxoutlaw wrote:
Atheists r so stupid,90% of them r sex offenders and live in there parents basement
(0% of ALL sex offenders are baptist, the other 10% are catholic.
And just because YOU live with your mommy and feel bad about lusting after the neighbors young daughter does not mean you are not a sex offender, you just have not been arrested yet.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97428 Mar 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So when a group of christians beat a homeless man to death they where helping him?
Or when a group of christians burnt a woman alive (two weeks ago) they where helping her? I know, I know, when a group of christians blew up a womans clinic, murdering the Doctors, employees, and clients inside they where "helping" them.
Sure, don't come up with that crap, we wouldn't harm a fly, stop trying to say we're wrong by coming up with lies.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97429 Mar 27, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>(0% of ALL sex offenders are baptist, the other 10% are catholic.
And just because YOU live with your mommy and feel bad about lusting after the neighbors young daughter does not mean you are not a sex offender, you just have not been arrested yet.
You're not a sex offender, you are just a sad, sad, very sad, imbecilic moron
Anonymous

United States

#97430 Mar 27, 2013
pat wrote:
watch video-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I7e9vnwTjJAXX
ur going to burn in hell

Location hidden

#97431 Mar 27, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Do we need to drag out the line preceeding the signatures of the Founding Fathers on the document known as the Constitution AGAIN?
Get to dragging, I really want to see where you go with this.

Location hidden

#97432 Mar 27, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Please READ the Constitution.
Pay close attention when you get to the very last paragraph-just before the many signatures of the Founding Fathers.
Ever read Jefferson's letter to the Danbury Baptists?
You mean the letter that Jefferson wrote to the Danbury baptists explaining the establishment clause of the first amendment?
The letter where he coined the phrase "separation of church and state?"
The letter that pretty much sums up why our country was clearly not founded on any religious ideas?
Yeah, I've read it. It's one of my favorite things written by Jefferson.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#97433 Mar 27, 2013
pat wrote:
watch video-----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =I7e9vnwTjJAXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

And I'm not being funny

Location hidden

#97434 Mar 27, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
As aptly as the Constitutional was written, don't you think that if they (the Founding Fathers) intended to write "in the year of our potus 17 hundred blablahblah"...they would've?
But NO, that is NOT what they wrote-they wrote and signed names to-
..."done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven and of the Independance of the United States of America the Twelfth In witness whereof We have hereunto subscribed our Names,....."
Geez, pull your fingers out yer ears and from your nose will ya please.
Let me get this straight. You think that because they didn't invent a whole new calendar system they were endorsing god? I mean, you do know that A.D. as in "the year is 2013 A.D." is short for Anno Domini and translates to "in the year of our lord" don't you?

Location hidden

#97435 Mar 27, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
"Look kids, it rained apes one day, and then they all stoods up.".
Spoken like the typical anti-evolutionist who has no real idea what he's railing against.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scott Simpson 9 min Curiouswonderer 1
Mike Warren embezzled money? 35 min WhoCares 23
What is the bad blood between Roger Vanover and... 1 hr Curious 1
who will you vote for as jailer 2 hr ummmm 114
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 3 hr Doug77 317
Letter in mail from Sheriff candidate 4 hr Guessudontknow 38
big buck in carter hollow 5 hr big g 7
If McGhee is this dirty in Campaign, Imagine on... 5 hr pastor 29
El Mariachi Restaurant 5 hr Piggy Tails 20
Indictments 6 hr Beat and Tortured... 95