Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,648)

Showing posts 92,941 - 92,960 of123,148
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm explaining that communication by people between continents was not possible 2000 years ago. This is why Jesus tended to other sheep. It would be better for them to hear the Gospel from Him personally. The BOM is simply the story of that visit to people in the American continents. Really, you should read the whole thing and decide for yourself. Don't take my word for it.
I see, Jesus is not God, so he is not omnipresent. Then how do you explain when Jesus returns every eye will see him? If every eye can see him they surely could hear him. Why would a God leave something so important in the hands of those who where gullible to any person at that time in history? Why not this time and place where people can really test and see for themselves.

What's going to happen to Jesus brother Satan? Does he get any parole after all this is over? How long will God torture all the ungodly ones?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, according to your own myths, Google would have been a lot of help to your god.
You are a wise one.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me! please don't compare Jehovah's Witnesses with the Mormons! There is abosutely no comparison. There are over 40,000 different demonations claiming to be Christian and the majority claim to base their teachings on the KJV Bible. Maybe you should take a closer look!
O.K. I took a closer Look? A Mansion not bad.

Beth Sarim (Hebrew for 'House of the Princes' &#1489;&#1497;&#15 14; &#1513;&#1512;&#14 97;&#1501;) is a ten-bedroom mansion in San Diego, California, constructed in 1929 in anticipation of various resurrected Old Testament biblical patriarchs or prophets such as Abraham, Moses, David, Isaiah and Samuel. It was maintained by the Watch Tower Society, the parent organization used by Jehovah's Witnesses, and was also used as a winter home and executive office for Watch Tower president Joseph Franklin Rutherford.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Sarim

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>All religions have similar beliefs, the whole good and bad thing but the JWs and Mormons are both out in the same left field with a lot of the same beliefs.

Both religions have ties to the Masons, a quick Google search is all you need to see that. Both Rutherford and Smith where high up Masons when they started their church.

Wiki isn't my favorite but it is quick.

"Kolob is a star or planet described in Mormon scripture. Reference to Kolob is found in the Book of Abraham, a work that is traditionally held by adherents of the Mormon faith as having been translated from some Egyptian papyrus scrolls by Joseph Smith, the founder of the Latter Day Saint (LDS) movement. According to this work, Kolob is the heavenly body nearest to the throne of God. While the Book of Abraham refers to Kolob as a "star",[1] it also refers to planets as stars,[2] and therefore, some LDS commentators consider Kolob to be a planet.[3]

Kolob has never been identified with any modern astronomical object and is not recognized by scholars as a concept associated with any ancient civilization. Kolob is rarely discussed in modern LDS religious contexts, though the idea appears within LDS culture, including reference to Kolob in an LDS hymn."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolob

JWs believe in the resurrection of pretty much everyone that has died as do the Mormons and neither of you use the cross in any type of service right? Do you believe in a fiery hell? JWs don't either.

JWs and Mormons have a lot in common because they both started around the same time from the Masons. In fact some claim that both your leaders know this, they just don't let the rank and file know it.
As I said, Kolob is a planet NEAR God. Apparently the nearest. That's all we have been told. I don't think it's relevant so I don't even think about it. Mars is nearest to Earth. That doesn't affect 99.9% of the inhabitants of Earth.

I must correct you on the timing of Joseph's ties with the Masons.

Joseph founded the church in 1830. It wasn't until around 1839 that Joseph was told in a revelation to join the masons to glean some knowledge of their ceremonies. Due to their beginnings coming from Solomon's temple, some of their ceremony still resembles the ceremonies that took place there. Most of the meaning has been lost and almost all of the words are different, but Joseph needed to learn something from this. Later, after he set forth what the temple ceremony should entail, he was told to part ways with the mason's ceremonies. He remained friends with some of them.

Most of those that were in the mob that rushed the jail and shot him were masons. He tried to appeal to them at the last moment by shouting the Masonic distress signal, but they killed him anyway.
Some of them killed themselves afterwards because of the guilt they felt.

Yes I said that JW and Mormons have similarities, but your left field is different from others'.

Your comment about the resurrection confuses me. All Christians are supposed to believe that all will be resurrected. That's a Biblical teaching.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
Has anyone been watching The Bible on the History channel? Satan looks just like Obama.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/poll/...
If Obama was Satan he would own the souls of all the republicans

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>I see, Jesus is not God, so he is not omnipresent. Then how do you explain when Jesus returns every eye will see him? If every eye can see him they surely could hear him. Why would a God leave something so important in the hands of those who where gullible to any person at that time in history? Why not this time and place where people can really test and see for themselves.

What's going to happen to Jesus brother Satan? Does he get any parole after all this is over? How long will God torture all the ungodly ones?
Jesus is not the Father. He makes that pretty evident. Or else He prayed to Himself in private, asked Himself to remove the bitter cup, asked Himself why he forsook Himself on the cross, threw His voice at His baptism, etc. Jesus is a being of flesh and bone that exists outside of our "time". He lives in an eternal world.
He will manifest Himself to everyone when He returns, but He will return just as He was taken up. Obviously everyone in the entire world witnessed Him ascending into Heaven, or the entire world would have believed on Him after witnessing such.

This trial on earth is to test our faith. If there is global proof, then there is no need for Faith. We are supposed to rely on our communication with the Holy Ghost. Which is why He said more blessed are those who believe and have not seen.

After judgment day, we go to the kingdom in which we earned. And since our souls are eternal, how long means eternity.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
Has anyone been watching The Bible on the History channel? Satan looks just like Obama.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/poll/...
I think it is Glenn Beck in a Obama suit.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is Glenn Beck in a Obama suit.
So it is the real devil???
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So it is the real devil???
Good question. I think we have to do some research on youtube for the answer to that.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I ever call addiction "natural selection?"
Also, you are suggesting allowing them to force people to trade one bad addiction for another, that's not very caring. There are other programs available, and again, they present a lower cost with better results than anything based on the "12 step, you are useless and only some god can do anything" junk. You are not supporting positive change at all, I do.
Want to know something, out of more than a hundred people with major addictions that I have known, the few who stop have only one method that has worked, only one ... they simply chose to stop.
"I want to see our species improve and that's not what AA is about."
Improvement of the species is not even similar to improvement of the individual. Logically "improvement" of the species necessitates changing the genetics - as in culling the drug/alcohol dependence genes. It might even be that eliminating obsessive compulsive tendencies could prove counterproductive in the big picture.

The Nancy Reagan ('Just say no") plan didn't work in the '80's and it's doomed to failure throughout the foreseeable future.
Employing a self help & support group program to arrest the physical addiction and instill behavior modification does not equate to "force people to trade one bad addiction for another."

David blew his brains out. Al died of AIDS. Carlos was shot in a drug deal. Dave was beaten into a coma. Carolyn was hit by a drunk driver. Richard died of hepatitis. For Debbie it was reverse tolerance and a grand mal seizure. That's the short list.
Get back with me on how "bad" the method somebody uses get off drugs when YOU get tired of burying friends and neighbors.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Where you there, to fully comprehend the dialect of the times?
Ah didn't think so.
Why do you all continually try and act like you know exactly what was what, thousands of years ago?
Isn't easier, and much more rational to just admit, we do NOT "know everything" and stop trying to pretend like we do?
Why do religies continually try to act like they know exactly what happened 2000+ years ago? Because they read about it in a book? Isn't it more rational just to admit that the only thing that proves is that a book was compiled 1600 years ago?

Show me any physical evidence that indicates any of the things I list as MYTHOLOGIES are not simply that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>Wasn't Smith's older brother and father both Masons? When did they join? Was it way before Smith joined? How does your religion view hell? Didn't both the JWs and the Mormons both start in New York around the same time?
They joined along with Joseph. Joseph Sr was reluctant.

We view hell as torture. Those would be out of the presence of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost so we consider it Outer Darkness.

JW church was founded in the 1870's. the LDS church was founded in 1830.
Joseph ended up in New York because his family was poor and they moved there to find farm work when he was a teen.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do religies continually try to act like they know exactly what happened 2000+ years ago? Because they read about it in a book? Isn't it more rational just to admit that the only thing that proves is that a book was compiled 1600 years ago?
Show me any physical evidence that indicates any of the things I list as MYTHOLOGIES are not simply that.
"Jesus" was created about 1600 years ago.
Not to say that a man did not speak out against corruption and get killed a few thousand years ago, I am sure that has happened many times in many places through the centuries.
Creating a god out of the story of a man who spoke out against the leaders wicked ways has made the people easier to control and created the greatest horde of wealth in history.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"I want to see our species improve and that's not what AA is about."
Improvement of the species is not even similar to improvement of the individual. Logically "improvement" of the species necessitates changing the genetics - as in culling the drug/alcohol dependence genes. It might even be that eliminating obsessive compulsive tendencies could prove counterproductive in the big picture.
The Nancy Reagan ('Just say no") plan didn't work in the '80's and it's doomed to failure throughout the foreseeable future.
Employing a self help & support group program to arrest the physical addiction and instill behavior modification does not equate to "force people to trade one bad addiction for another."
David blew his brains out. Al died of AIDS. Carlos was shot in a drug deal. Dave was beaten into a coma. Carolyn was hit by a drunk driver. Richard died of hepatitis. For Debbie it was reverse tolerance and a grand mal seizure. That's the short list.
Get back with me on how "bad" the method somebody uses get off drugs when YOU get tired of burying friends and neighbors.
I went to AA for the first year. It helped but I never did 12 steps. I wanted to quit, was tired of the lifestyle. I went to be around people who would not say "wut, you to good to drink with me" until I was strong enough to say "yes, now get that shit out of my sight and do not bring it around here again"

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
They joined along with Joseph. Joseph Sr was reluctant.
We view hell as torture. Those would be out of the presence of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost so we consider it Outer Darkness.
JW church was founded in the 1870's. the LDS church was founded in 1830.
Joseph ended up in New York because his family was poor and they moved there to find farm work when he was a teen.
Not rying to be offensive but I would consider Hell to be with a god that committed the actions and demanded people to commit the actions described in the bible.
I could not imagine anything more horrible than being forced to praise that being for all eternity
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Recovery from Mormonism

A site for those who are

Questioning their faith in the Mormon Church

And for those who need support

As they transition their lives to

a normal life.

We are not affiliated with any religion

and we do not advocate any religion.

http://www.exmormon.org/

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I went to AA for the first year. It helped but I never did 12 steps. I wanted to quit, was tired of the lifestyle. I went to be around people who would not say "wut, you to good to drink with me" until I was strong enough to say "yes, now get that shit out of my sight and do not bring it around here again"
Richard (the guy who died of hepatitis) was a neighbor of mine who went to NA. He spent more than one night on my couch going thru the shakes. His answer to his dealer coming around was to point a .32 in the guy's face and saying "This sht is killing me. What the f makes you think I won't take you with me?" He never saw him again.
His brother kept offering him a beer and Richard kept saying "no." One day he said, "Yeah, ok give me one." and he poured it down the kitchen sink. His brother stopped offering.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not the Father. He makes that pretty evident. Or else He prayed to Himself in private, asked Himself to remove the bitter cup, asked Himself why he forsook Himself on the cross, threw His voice at His baptism, etc. Jesus is a being of flesh and bone that exists outside of our "time". He lives in an eternal world.
He will manifest Himself to everyone when He returns, but He will return just as He was taken up. Obviously everyone in the entire world witnessed Him ascending into Heaven, or the entire world would have believed on Him after witnessing such.
This trial on earth is to test our faith. If there is global proof, then there is no need for Faith. We are supposed to rely on our communication with the Holy Ghost. Which is why He said more blessed are those who believe and have not seen.
After judgment day, we go to the kingdom in which we earned. And since our souls are eternal, how long means eternity.
Why do Mormons kill other Mormons during World Wars? You would think the Holy Ghost would communicate with you who not to kill. Similar to Friend or Foe technology we have on fighter jets today.

I don't understand why this Holy Ghost would allow Mormons to kill each other. Please explain.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Not rying to be offensive but I would consider Hell to be with a god that committed the actions and demanded people to commit the actions described in the bible.
I could not imagine anything more horrible than being forced to praise that being for all eternity
I see your point of view. I kind of look at the OT this way: if I was the one that created a bunch of beings and gave them all my lists of do's and don'ts, along with what the consequences were for whatever their choices, I'd probably be angry at them too. And remember, God works within eternity. This is like 20 minutes to Him. So all the stories in the OT that you refer to where He causes someone to die, it's kinda like a little league baseball game where the kid in left field still acts like he's in Tee Ball. Throwing his glove up in the air, tripping runners when they round the bases, throwing the ball at someone's head, hitting others with the bat, etc. so the coach is like, alright, you're riding the pine, get in the dugout.

I'm in a silly mood tonight, but you get the point. We're not talking about our president and this is some democracy. We're talking about a creator that expects us to follow eternal rules.

My own thoughts: what if these aren't His rules. What if He has a Father that He is subject to? What if these laws are laws passed down from generation to generation? We don't understand eternity, and we know that we are subject to this God, but we don't really know what is beyond that. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
Recovery from Mormonism

A site for those who are

Questioning their faith in the Mormon Church

And for those who need support

As they transition their lives to

a normal life.

We are not affiliated with any religion

and we do not advocate any religion.

http://www.exmormon.org/
Thanks, but I don't need AA for Mormonism. Haha. I'm perfectly happy in the church. Thanks for your concern.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,941 - 92,960 of123,148
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Fed Up Again 139,054
looking for free dog 58 min i know 3
Did New Mayor and council have ILLEGAL Meetin... 1 hr whatever 41
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr From Boston 16,031
Daniel Bays, anyone seen him? (Jan '11) 2 hr booboo 14
Mayor West Stops Picking up recycling 2 hr County employee 6
Jeff's Creek Baptist Church 2 hr ok 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search