Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
92,941 - 92,960 of 130,512 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97255 Mar 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus is not the Father. He makes that pretty evident. Or else He prayed to Himself in private, asked Himself to remove the bitter cup, asked Himself why he forsook Himself on the cross, threw His voice at His baptism, etc. Jesus is a being of flesh and bone that exists outside of our "time". He lives in an eternal world.
He will manifest Himself to everyone when He returns, but He will return just as He was taken up. Obviously everyone in the entire world witnessed Him ascending into Heaven, or the entire world would have believed on Him after witnessing such.
This trial on earth is to test our faith. If there is global proof, then there is no need for Faith. We are supposed to rely on our communication with the Holy Ghost. Which is why He said more blessed are those who believe and have not seen.
After judgment day, we go to the kingdom in which we earned. And since our souls are eternal, how long means eternity.
Why do Mormons kill other Mormons during World Wars? You would think the Holy Ghost would communicate with you who not to kill. Similar to Friend or Foe technology we have on fighter jets today.

I don't understand why this Holy Ghost would allow Mormons to kill each other. Please explain.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97256 Mar 25, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Not rying to be offensive but I would consider Hell to be with a god that committed the actions and demanded people to commit the actions described in the bible.
I could not imagine anything more horrible than being forced to praise that being for all eternity
I see your point of view. I kind of look at the OT this way: if I was the one that created a bunch of beings and gave them all my lists of do's and don'ts, along with what the consequences were for whatever their choices, I'd probably be angry at them too. And remember, God works within eternity. This is like 20 minutes to Him. So all the stories in the OT that you refer to where He causes someone to die, it's kinda like a little league baseball game where the kid in left field still acts like he's in Tee Ball. Throwing his glove up in the air, tripping runners when they round the bases, throwing the ball at someone's head, hitting others with the bat, etc. so the coach is like, alright, you're riding the pine, get in the dugout.

I'm in a silly mood tonight, but you get the point. We're not talking about our president and this is some democracy. We're talking about a creator that expects us to follow eternal rules.

My own thoughts: what if these aren't His rules. What if He has a Father that He is subject to? What if these laws are laws passed down from generation to generation? We don't understand eternity, and we know that we are subject to this God, but we don't really know what is beyond that. Anyway, just thinking out loud.

Location hidden

#97257 Mar 25, 2013
GWB wrote:
Recovery from Mormonism

A site for those who are

Questioning their faith in the Mormon Church

And for those who need support

As they transition their lives to

a normal life.

We are not affiliated with any religion

and we do not advocate any religion.

http://www.exmormon.org/
Thanks, but I don't need AA for Mormonism. Haha. I'm perfectly happy in the church. Thanks for your concern.

Location hidden

#97258 Mar 25, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Why do Mormons kill other Mormons during World Wars? You would think the Holy Ghost would communicate with you who not to kill. Similar to Friend or Foe technology we have on fighter jets today.

I don't understand why this Holy Ghost would allow Mormons to kill each other. Please explain.
The Holy Ghost doesn't "allow" us to do anything. We have free will. When we do anything wrong, the Holy Ghost leaves us. We have to live worthy of His presence.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97259 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
People with delusions such as yours need medical help.
Nutcases like you are reDUNCRdant.
(as in at the elementalary level of "I know you are but what are i" )
And that type of junk is just really boring.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97260 Mar 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't believe grade school level ignorance exists?
Do winged birds fly?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97261 Mar 25, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
You must serve the dark side of the force!!!!
Would yew like a toasted marshmellow ala pitchfork?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97262 Mar 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do religies continually try to act like they know exactly what happened 2000+ years ago? Because they read about it in a book? Isn't it more rational just to admit that the only thing that proves is that a book was compiled 1600 years ago?
Show me any physical evidence that indicates any of the things I list as MYTHOLOGIES are not simply that.
Already did that-you heathies are so hung up on redundancy.
The Real Truth

Ransom, KY

#97265 Mar 25, 2013
TruthIs wrote:
<quoted text>
Nutcases like you are reDUNCRdant.
(as in at the elementalary level of "I know you are but what are i" )
And that type of junk is just really boring.
If your going to try to make people look stupid, it helps to spell "elementary" right.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97266 Mar 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The Holy Ghost doesn't "allow" us to do anything. We have free will. When we do anything wrong, the Holy Ghost leaves us. We have to live worthy of His presence.
If you have faith in a God,maybe not the true God as you described, let say a muslim or hindu, does that keep you from eternal hell? Or do you have to be christian no matter what denomination to escape the everlasting torture by God?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97267 Mar 26, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm trying to cause him to think. If Jesus visited other people as the scriptures say. Why couldn't the Book of Mormon be a record from one of those groups of people?
I can think of a few reasons.

1) We know it was written by Joseph Smith. There is no reason or evidence to suggest it came from any other source.

2) Scripture does not mean fact. There is no reason to assume anything the Bible says is true. To operate from the view that it is true means you start with your answer and rationalize your way from there. And that is not how we do history, science, or any other truth seeking endeavor.
TruthIs

London, KY

#97268 Mar 26, 2013
The Real Truth wrote:
<quoted text>If your going to try to make people look stupid, it helps to spell "elementary" right.
I don't try and do that though-they do that themselves.

But here, in the spirit of GOOD naturedness I will help @ that level--
"Quickly, call the spelling police-major rules violation, ready the stockades for public declarations of." lol.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97269 Mar 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You just buy any story. The only religious killings in the USA have been christians and Muslims killing ... well, everyone. Not one murder was ever done for some satanic ritual, not one. Funny you missed that fact.
type this in your search engine...
before you lie again!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97270 Mar 26, 2013
"satanic murders in united states"

sorry... forgot to paste
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#97271 Mar 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Bragging that you survived habitual drug abuse and that you have replaced it with religion doesn't make you lucid, it merely makes me wonder what imbalance you were/are self medicating.
That's easy...
The imbalance of Sin, and Righteousness!
The Lord saved me from all that nasty stuff!
Thank you Jesus!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97272 Mar 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, anyone who formulates a scam, like your bible for example, is usually at least intelligent enough to know that the majority will eventually become too intelligent to fall for that scam. Sadly, your bible was about a thousand years off.
Hahahaha!
Whatever you want to believe...
See... it was the Lord that saved me, and I know
He is real!
I'll stay with the truth!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#97273 Mar 26, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why does AA/NA only have a 5% success rate?
Because they are NOT Faith based!
Faith based programms have a much higher success rate...
I think they're near 83%
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#97274 Mar 26, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The "sequester" was written in to the law by the republicans, the economic issues where caused by Bush, and the huge deficit was caused by us having to pay for Bushes wars.
You talk about muslums killing, how about the christian murders? When a christian blows up a womens clinic and kills the Doctors, employees and clients you cheer.(ALL of the Abrhamic cults are evil blood lusting and violent)
Muslums worship the same god as christians and jews you are all devil worshipers!
Gosh!
I would absolutely faint if you ever told the truth!
I might as well talk to a wall...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97275 Mar 26, 2013
Luke 11:26
Matthew 19:29

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97276 Mar 26, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Already did that-you heathies are so hung up on redundancy.
Already admitted that a book was written 1600 years ago? It's a start. Now address the rest of it. The flood that didn't happen, the big fish that didn't live, the tower that was never built....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 min 62656sss 1,402
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Obama Zombies 151,186
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 21 min Advertisment 26,226
Flat Lick Auction 1 hr Question 8
C is for Cookie 3 hr Waldorf and Statler 1
atv drags (Nov '08) 3 hr Hannibal 25
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 4 hr Gomer 29
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 5 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••