Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
92,821 - 92,840 of 130,451 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

They do not have Blue Bell ice cream in Heaven. They only have good stuff in Hell.
So while you lay prone praisng your god like a slave I will enjoy great things with Satan

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
http://www.forwardprogressives .com/debunking-almost-every-re publican-lie-against-president -obama/
Great Link. I'm sure YAA will say "that's a crock".
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm trying to cause him to think. If Jesus visited other people as the scriptures say. Why couldn't the Book of Mormon be a record from one of those groups of people?
If the apostles are commission to make disciples of all nations using gifts of healing and of tongues, why would it be necessary for Jesus to tend to other sheep at that time? You would think that Jesus would have appeared during this time since it did absolutely no good because he had foretold an apostasy anyway.

The verse below does not distinguish who the sheep are, only that we are all the same.

Romans 10:12
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm trying to cause him to think. If Jesus visited other people as the scriptures say. Why couldn't the Book of Mormon be a record from one of those groups of people?
What scriptures say that Jesus visited other people?
You never commented on the supposed missing book of Moses. I wonder why? I noticed you say the Bible says this or that but you never post scriptures to back your statement. I wonder why?
I intended to post the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE,HOW and WHY concerning the two groups of righteous people but I have concluded in your case it would be a waste of time.
Jehovah's Witnesses offer free Bible studies without obligation, if you want to know "What Does the Bible REALLY Teach" contact them in your area or go on line to www.jw.org
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Dear "do whut",

Memorial of Jesus’ Death

You are warmly invited to meet with us to observe the anniversary of Jesus’ death. Find a meeting location near you.

Find a Location Near You

“One Man Died for All”

Who is this man?

How does his death help us?

Why is it important that we remember him?

You are invited to consider answers from the Bible on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jesus Christ is widely recognized as the greatest man who ever lived. Yet, he surrendered his life for us 1,980 years ago. Concerning his death, the apostle Paul wrote:“One man died for all.” The apostle John observed:“The blood of Jesus ... cleanses us from all sin.”(2 Corinthians 5:14; 1 John 1:7) Exactly what do those statements mean? Why do we need cleansing? How can the death of one man so long ago be of any benefit to us today?

The anniversary of Jesus’ death falls on Tuesday, March 26, 2013, after sundown. Jehovah’s Witnesses invite you to meet with them on that date to examine what makes Jesus—and his sacrifice—so vitally important.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

Jeremiah 25:32-38

Dead bodies from one end of the earth to the other end

“This is what Jehovah of armies has said,‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth. 33 And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’
34 “Howl, YOU shepherds (you false religious leaders), and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel! 35 And a place to flee to has perished from the shepherds, and a means of escape from the majestic ones of the flock. 36 Listen! The outcry of the shepherds, and the howling of the majestic ones of the flock, for Jehovah is despoiling their pasturage. 37 And the peaceful abiding places have been rendered lifeless because of the burning anger of Jehovah. 38 He has left his covert just like a maned young lion, for their land has become an object of astonishment because of the maltreating sword and because of his burning anger.”
Theology

Greenup, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

Judged:

any religion that man created is flawed to the point of not believing in it. Instead of teaching your kids they are gonna burn in hell. support them and be there for them and show them how to be proactive and help others without having to have to worry if its enough or if they look at the opposite sex that they were in the wrong for feeling sexual. Organized religion is politics and nothing more. I do not dog spirituality. Each person should find their happy place.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 24, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know much about AA, but I know a little. I think you might be doin' a little ax grinding for some reason?
By their own rules, they can't make money from tax dollars - they refuse any money from outside of the membership.
I have a slightly different take on the repetition. Habits by definition are repetitive. Repetition is a requirement to interrupt those behaviors, and support systems are encouraged in many, many other kinds of therapies. I'm going to guess that you're toting some kind of baggage over these 12 step things...
No ax grinding, I want to see our species improve and that's not what AA is about. Read the 12 steps instead of just jumping to the defense of something that "sound good." Lots of things "sound good" until you actually look at them a bit closer.

Also, no they don't, they get paid by medical insurance and state taxes, always.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
They do not have Blue Bell ice cream in Heaven. They only have good stuff in Hell.
So while you lay prone praisng your god like a slave I will enjoy great things with Satan
ENJOY THEM WHILE you can because you won't in eternity. Satan is the father of "lies". He has you DECEIVED!
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>If the apostles are commission to make disciples of all nations using gifts of healing and of tongues, why would it be necessary for Jesus to tend to other sheep at that time? You would think that Jesus would have appeared during this time since it did absolutely no good because he had foretold an apostasy anyway.

The verse below does not distinguish who the sheep are, only that we are all the same.

Romans 10:12
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
"ALL" that call upon Him... A FREE GIFT to all that ask! That EASY!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
ENJOY THEM WHILE you can because you won't in eternity. Satan is the father of "lies". He has you DECEIVED!
The devil, jehovah, is the father of all lies and he has deceived you
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>What scriptures say that Jesus visited other people?
You never commented on the supposed missing book of Moses. I wonder why? I noticed you say the Bible says this or that but you never post scriptures to back your statement. I wonder why?
I intended to post the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE,HOW and WHY concerning the two groups of righteous people but I have concluded in your case it would be a waste of time.
Jehovah's Witnesses offer free Bible studies without obligation, if you want to know "What Does the Bible REALLY Teach" contact them in your area or go on line to www.jw.org
Truly people don't need "OTHER" religions or "another version" of the "HOLY BIBLE". Another great way satan CONFUSES people.
Keep it as close as you can to the KJV...I understand use of. NKJV, NIV, Amplified, The Message, American Standard, Common English, etc.. To help some better understand, but NOT the Book of Mormon or the "Watchtower"....free yourself first then u can "HELP" others thru the Holy Spirit.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
YAA, you are using your phone to post under another name.
Why do you post under so many names? Does it help you to feel like you are not alone?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet it's always a different god, and a different story.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

Theology wrote:
any religion that man created is flawed to the point of not believing in it. Instead of teaching your kids they are gonna burn in hell. support them and be there for them and show them how to be proactive and help others without having to have to worry if its enough or if they look at the opposite sex that they were in the wrong for feeling sexual. Organized religion is politics and nothing more. I do not dog spirituality. Each person should find their happy place.
I hope you do not have children it's not the "fear" lol that anyone should be trying to use for the case of Jesus. It's NOT ABOUT RULES.(they are guidelines)..it's accepting the truth that there is a creator. Once your heart is healed you choose to follow the guidelines if you are not already. Its not like they are difficult lol.. It may take some time, it may happen right away. He created us to have COMMUNITY with us, because He loves us. Only "fire" is for those who "choose" THEIR OWN way

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you do not have children it's not the "fear" lol that anyone should be trying to use for the case of Jesus. It's NOT ABOUT RULES.(they are guidelines)..it's accepting the truth that there is a creator. Once your heart is healed you choose to follow the guidelines if you are not already. Its not like they are difficult lol.. It may take some time, it may happen right away. He created us to have COMMUNITY with us, because He loves us. Only "fire" is for those who "choose" THEIR OWN way
So then why do you believe?
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Yet it's always a different god, and a different story.
I'm so SORRY YOU have been HURT. RAPE is never acceptable. Never pretty. i have been raped also..But GOD did not cause that or allow it to happen. That's where the "EVIL" guy comes in. WHY do you not BLAME him for the "bad" instead of the ONE who laid His LIFE down for YOU?..Jesus loves you, he hurts for you. He wants to help and heal you. He is healing me..

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so SORRY YOU have been HURT. RAPE is never acceptable. Never pretty. i have been raped also..But GOD did not cause that or allow it to happen. That's where the "EVIL" guy comes in. WHY do you not BLAME him for the "bad" instead of the ONE who laid His LIFE down for YOU?..Jesus loves you, he hurts for you. He wants to help and heal you. He is healing me..
You really assume everything, and make up a lot of stories.

Tell you what, why don't you try actually asking questions instead of continuing your failed method of making it all up as you go? But then, if you asked actual questions, you may learn something.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So then why do you believe?
May be hard to explain here but I will attempt. Since I was young (before we tend to complicate life) I knew God (Jesus) was real. I could feel His presence..His calling (if you will) on my life. I knew He had purpose for me..I wasn't aware of my sins until I ask Him to save me..(was blind but now I see)...after reaching my teen years I rebelled ... I was typical teen BUT God even then was PROTECTING me..I could give you situations, examples of how He has helped me, protected me, I don't call anything a coincidence or luck. I know when MY God has intervened. God will SHOW you He is real if you want to know, ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Be open to what He shows you tho...don't be in denial mode..I guarantee it would be the BEST choice you could ever make ... Investigate with an open heart and cry out to YOUR maker. He is ALIVE.. He WILL hear you and He will ANSWER. He is crazy in LOVE with YOU kitty. Crazy in love...His ARMS are open. IF PEOPLE could see WHO JESUS REALLY IS....EVERYONE would b RUNNING to Him. Literally RUNNING!
God bless you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 11 min Buzz Brain 1,069
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr wtf 151,029
Travis slushpup 3 hr Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr yourmommm 1,048
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 6 hr yep 15
union 7 hr curious 7
betty mills 7 hr town girl 1
•••
•••
•••