Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,245

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97218 Mar 25, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Honey DONT waste your time with the father of lies and deception lol. U will only be deceived and MORE BROKEN in the end. Satan can't do a thing for me. I LAUGH at him. HE LOSES in the end. BAHAHAHA. Take that devil. U LOSE U LOSE U LOSE U LOSE U LOSE
PRAISE GOD forever :-)
ROTFLMFAO Since there is no god and no Satan than YOU lose because you have lost your mind YAA.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97219 Mar 25, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>Santanist cherry picking?

Oh the irony :-)
Just trying to understand his beliefs

Location hidden

#97220 Mar 25, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>WHY DO WE NEED "another" record!? What's WRONG with the MAIN one? Lol? Sorry honey ... Don't b deceived like these others. At least you acknowledge there is a higher power. Now let's just make sure you are worshipping the one and only.
I do read lots of other books. I have read some of the Book of Mormon. There is NO NEED for this book?!
Well, look at how many different denominations we have that all use the same Bible. They all have different doctrines. They interpret the same scripture differently, and they all think they are doing the right way. That is why the second witness is necessary. Even Christ sent out 2 witnesses when He sent the Apostles out to teach.

God is a god of order and structure. I assure you that He meant for there to be one gospel.

Location hidden

#97222 Mar 25, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>Douay-Rheims Bible

Are you now refuting God's ability to be omnipresent by suggesting that God needed Google?
No, I'm explaining that communication by people between continents was not possible 2000 years ago. This is why Jesus tended to other sheep. It would be better for them to hear the Gospel from Him personally. The BOM is simply the story of that visit to people in the American continents. Really, you should read the whole thing and decide for yourself. Don't take my word for it.

Location hidden

#97223 Mar 25, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>The Mormon and the JWs believe a lot of the same things. I always thought it funny how the JWs complained about the book of Mormons and the Mormons complained about the watchtower's literature and NWT. Here's a list I found on the similarities of the religions.

Have an 1800s American origin

Do not believe in the Trinity

Believe Jesus was created and a Spirit-brother of Satan

Excommunicate

Preach from door to door

Have been rocked by scandal (Both Russell and Rutherford separated from their wives and spent much time in court not only for freedom of worship, but over business dealings)

Borrowed symbols and terminology from the Freemasons, such as the all Seeing Eye and the pyramid.

After Joseph Smith died the church split over who should be the successor. The Watchtower Society split several times with there now being numerous religions that stem from Russell, such as Russellites, Bible Students and Jehovahs Witnesses

Believe(d) God is on a planet (Russell and Rutherford both taught we would be resurrected to the Pleiades Constellation)

Feel Christendom is apostate

Mormons are the only one true religion that you must be baptised in for salvation

Individual salvation requires faith, repentance, baptism and continued righteousness

General Salvation will eventually come to most of mankind through a resurrection

Armageddon refers to the desolation that is soon to come on the earth. It is not the end of the planet but will be the end for most of mankind

Salvation is the result of works as well as faith

The cross is not a valid Christian symbol claiming that it is a late invention of corrupt Christianity

Follow Time Prophecies

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/similar-rel...
True they have similar beliefs. As do they with Mainstream Christianity.
Couple of corrections:
No symbols were borrowed. Since masons got their start from Solomon's temple, the symbols were there then and were deemed appropriate now on temples.

No one in Mormonism has said God lives on a planet. We don't know, He could, but we don't know.

Salvation doesn't come through resurrection. Resurrection will happen to everyone who lived this earthly life. No correlation with salvation other than resurrection happens first, then the chance for salvation happens next.

We don't believe the cross was invented, we just choose to focus on the living Christ rather than the dead.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97224 Mar 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Eugenicists wanted to see our species "improve." What are you proposing - that cirrhosis of the liver and crack cocaine overdoses are natural selection? Why not euthanize people who are near-sighted, diabetic or "too short?"
I cannot with conscience contest the fabrications of Bible thumpers and give atheists and agnostics a free pass. I've known people who were killed by drunk drivers, failed organs, overdose, IV acquired diseases, by drug related violence.... As much as I think that the Bible is a fairy tale, I'll not pass by a Salvation Army bell ringer or Girl Scout cookie table to stand on a "principle" of radical intolerance.
I don't care if YaA got clean from a ministry, from willpower or thru a self help group - I applaud him for it. Even if AA has a lower success rate than some fancy Beverly Hills clinic (and the Hollywood crowd seems to debunk that) the fact that it has been around a long time and has spawned so many imitators indicates that it has helped more alcoholics than churches and hospitals have.
At your urging, I looked at the 12 steps. They mention "power greater than ourselves" - which could be anything, and "God as we understood him" - which could be anything. I don't find any references to Jesus, Allah, Jehovah, Shiva, etc. Apparently, whoever wrote the literature might have been a similar brand of deist as the founding fathers.
Then wikipedia lists what they call the 12 traditions and it looks like #6 and #7 kinda puts a kink in your claims of AA taking tax and insurance money.
You'd mentioned N.A. and I found this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcotics_Anonym...
During a time that the Repukes propose diverting even more money from community resources in favor of building more prisons for corporations to get fat off of, I think I'll "jump to the defense of something" that sounds even better when you look at it closer. Whether it's a 12 step program, a soup kitchen or assistance for the elderly - I don't criticize good works and throw out the baby with the bathwater just because somebody says "God" or wears a cross, Star of David or pentacle on a necklace.
That's what I'm talking about. Why anyone would want to condemn that which is GOOD-no matter the race, creed or color, just is wayyyy beyond ANY sort of rationality, or even decency.

In fact, that type pf stuff just "bullying", trying to Steal OTHERS peace and harmony-at somebody else's expense.

Bullchit.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97225 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no beliefs, and I certainly do not share the same delusion you display. If someone claimed that Spiderman was real, would you not want them to receive professional help?
That's your choice.

I have PLENTY of things I believe in-too bad for YOU-grade school level ignorance isn't one of them.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97226 Mar 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The known lands were far more extensive than 10 miles by 10 miles 4500 years ago. There is firm evidence that there was regular trade across at least 3 continents - so "every living thing on the face of the Earth" was not Noah County.
Why do y'all continually try to rationalize something that clearly did not happen is a historical fact?
Where you there, to fully comprehend the dialect of the times?

Ah didn't think so.

Why do you all continually try and act like you know exactly what was what, thousands of years ago?

Isn't easier, and much more rational to just admit, we do NOT "know everything" and stop trying to pretend like we do?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97227 Mar 25, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly why I refuse to take the bible seriously!
It's a book, and should NOT be used as a weapon against others in shape, form or fashion.

Can't stand that when people try to use it as such.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97228 Mar 25, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Douay-Rheims Bible
Are you now refuting God's ability to be omnipresent by suggesting that God needed Google?
But...but some us like BING much better!!

How DARE we!?!

Oh well, googleygagag will just have to get over it.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#97229 Mar 25, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your choice.
I have PLENTY of things I believe in-too bad for YOU-grade school level ignorance isn't one of them.
People with delusions such as yours need medical help.

Location hidden

#97230 Mar 25, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your choice.
You don't believe grade school level ignorance exists?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97232 Mar 25, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a book, and should NOT be used as a weapon against others in shape, form or fashion.
Can't stand that when people try to use it as such.
It is the book that YOUR cult is based on. It is filled with stories of evil actions that your god did or ordered done. It is an example of what YOUR values are and they are the true evil.
Oh, you say you do not believe but than you argue for.
You are nothing but another troll on here seeking attention.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97233 Mar 25, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
But...but some us like BING much better!!
How DARE we!?!
Oh well, googleygagag will just have to get over it.
You must serve the dark side of the force!!!!
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97234 Mar 25, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm explaining that communication by people between continents was not possible 2000 years ago. This is why Jesus tended to other sheep. It would be better for them to hear the Gospel from Him personally. The BOM is simply the story of that visit to people in the American continents. Really, you should read the whole thing and decide for yourself. Don't take my word for it.
I see, Jesus is not God, so he is not omnipresent. Then how do you explain when Jesus returns every eye will see him? If every eye can see him they surely could hear him. Why would a God leave something so important in the hands of those who where gullible to any person at that time in history? Why not this time and place where people can really test and see for themselves.

What's going to happen to Jesus brother Satan? Does he get any parole after all this is over? How long will God torture all the ungodly ones?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97235 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, according to your own myths, Google would have been a lot of help to your god.
You are a wise one.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97236 Mar 25, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me! please don't compare Jehovah's Witnesses with the Mormons! There is abosutely no comparison. There are over 40,000 different demonations claiming to be Christian and the majority claim to base their teachings on the KJV Bible. Maybe you should take a closer look!
O.K. I took a closer Look? A Mansion not bad.

Beth Sarim (Hebrew for 'House of the Princes' &#1489;&#1497;&#15 14; &#1513;&#1512;&#14 97;&#1501;) is a ten-bedroom mansion in San Diego, California, constructed in 1929 in anticipation of various resurrected Old Testament biblical patriarchs or prophets such as Abraham, Moses, David, Isaiah and Samuel. It was maintained by the Watch Tower Society, the parent organization used by Jehovah's Witnesses, and was also used as a winter home and executive office for Watch Tower president Joseph Franklin Rutherford.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beth_Sarim

Location hidden

#97239 Mar 25, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>All religions have similar beliefs, the whole good and bad thing but the JWs and Mormons are both out in the same left field with a lot of the same beliefs.

Both religions have ties to the Masons, a quick Google search is all you need to see that. Both Rutherford and Smith where high up Masons when they started their church.

Wiki isn't my favorite but it is quick.

"Kolob is a star or planet described in Mormon scripture. Reference to Kolob is found in the Book of Abraham, a work that is traditionally held by adherents of the Mormon faith as having been translated from some Egyptian papyrus scrolls by Joseph Smith, the founder of the Latter Day Saint (LDS) movement. According to this work, Kolob is the heavenly body nearest to the throne of God. While the Book of Abraham refers to Kolob as a "star",[1] it also refers to planets as stars,[2] and therefore, some LDS commentators consider Kolob to be a planet.[3]

Kolob has never been identified with any modern astronomical object and is not recognized by scholars as a concept associated with any ancient civilization. Kolob is rarely discussed in modern LDS religious contexts, though the idea appears within LDS culture, including reference to Kolob in an LDS hymn."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kolob

JWs believe in the resurrection of pretty much everyone that has died as do the Mormons and neither of you use the cross in any type of service right? Do you believe in a fiery hell? JWs don't either.

JWs and Mormons have a lot in common because they both started around the same time from the Masons. In fact some claim that both your leaders know this, they just don't let the rank and file know it.
As I said, Kolob is a planet NEAR God. Apparently the nearest. That's all we have been told. I don't think it's relevant so I don't even think about it. Mars is nearest to Earth. That doesn't affect 99.9% of the inhabitants of Earth.

I must correct you on the timing of Joseph's ties with the Masons.

Joseph founded the church in 1830. It wasn't until around 1839 that Joseph was told in a revelation to join the masons to glean some knowledge of their ceremonies. Due to their beginnings coming from Solomon's temple, some of their ceremony still resembles the ceremonies that took place there. Most of the meaning has been lost and almost all of the words are different, but Joseph needed to learn something from this. Later, after he set forth what the temple ceremony should entail, he was told to part ways with the mason's ceremonies. He remained friends with some of them.

Most of those that were in the mob that rushed the jail and shot him were masons. He tried to appeal to them at the last moment by shouting the Masonic distress signal, but they killed him anyway.
Some of them killed themselves afterwards because of the guilt they felt.

Yes I said that JW and Mormons have similarities, but your left field is different from others'.

Your comment about the resurrection confuses me. All Christians are supposed to believe that all will be resurrected. That's a Biblical teaching.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97240 Mar 25, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
Has anyone been watching The Bible on the History channel? Satan looks just like Obama.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/poll/...
If Obama was Satan he would own the souls of all the republicans

Location hidden

#97241 Mar 25, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>I see, Jesus is not God, so he is not omnipresent. Then how do you explain when Jesus returns every eye will see him? If every eye can see him they surely could hear him. Why would a God leave something so important in the hands of those who where gullible to any person at that time in history? Why not this time and place where people can really test and see for themselves.

What's going to happen to Jesus brother Satan? Does he get any parole after all this is over? How long will God torture all the ungodly ones?
Jesus is not the Father. He makes that pretty evident. Or else He prayed to Himself in private, asked Himself to remove the bitter cup, asked Himself why he forsook Himself on the cross, threw His voice at His baptism, etc. Jesus is a being of flesh and bone that exists outside of our "time". He lives in an eternal world.
He will manifest Himself to everyone when He returns, but He will return just as He was taken up. Obviously everyone in the entire world witnessed Him ascending into Heaven, or the entire world would have believed on Him after witnessing such.

This trial on earth is to test our faith. If there is global proof, then there is no need for Faith. We are supposed to rely on our communication with the Holy Ghost. Which is why He said more blessed are those who believe and have not seen.

After judgment day, we go to the kingdom in which we earned. And since our souls are eternal, how long means eternity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 5 min Edozier 17
dinky phipps 8 min Edozier 20
pte boys 30 min for real 3
hau mings mexican restaurant 56 min Stuk 5
teena Marie mills 2 hr the truth 16
Messers 6 hr Wondering 1
Jason hughes son 12 hr Jason cuzzo 1
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web